PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for first five league games

Jim_Jam
23-07-2021, 04:40 AM
Hate to be the profit of doom.
I really want to be totally wrong but ....
Aberdeen 2 Dundee United 0
Dundee United 0 Rangers 3
St. Johnstone 1 Dundee United 0
Dundee United 0 Heart of Midlothian 1
St. Mirren 0 Dundee United 0

Surely not

Let me think again...........
Aberdeen 0 Dundee United 3
Dundee United 0 Rangers 0
St. Johnstone 1 Dundee United 2
Dundee United 3 Heart of Midlothian 0
St. Mirren 0 Dundee United 4

Tony will have us bouncing. He knows what he is doing.

GUNBOAT
23-07-2021, 05:20 AM
Although Tam and his followers are all very excited by our opening fixtures they fill me with dread.I was feeling much more positive last season with two very experienced managers/coaches in the dugout.
If we can avoid defeat in 3 of those 5 games and win at least one of them i will be well chuffed.

arab1970
23-07-2021, 07:30 AM
Aberdeen 0 Dundee United 0
Dundee United 0 Rangers 2
St. Johnstone 0 Dundee United 1
Dundee United 1 Heart of Midlothian 1

BackRowArab
23-07-2021, 07:42 AM
Its a tough opening 5 games, but if we can get 4-6 points from that it would be a good return

Shedboy1971
23-07-2021, 09:06 AM
very tough start for Thomas.

JUSTaway
23-07-2021, 09:27 AM
Yeah it is a tough start, see a few draws in there, could maybe squeak a win or two from them, but could go the other way too.

shedka
23-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Although Tam and his followers are all very excited by our opening fixtures they fill me with dread.I was feeling much more positive last season with two very experienced managers/coaches in the dugout.
If we can avoid defeat in 3 of those 5 games and win at least one of them i will be well chuffed.

Really is boring now the whole bandit and his backers and now tam and his followers, these don't exist

It's an exciting start to the season regardless of who our manager is, on paper

Would have been better if it was McInnes in charge, especially given the opening fixture but there is nothing else to do now than get behind the new man, that doesn't make anyone a follower

For what it's worth I think we will win 2 maybe even 3 of the first 6 games and the fun will still be waiting for a long awaited win at Tannadice (17 years) by the turn of the year, we will lose 1 or 2, let's be honest only Sevco is a game you look and think unlikely we can win but it's at home and we gave them a good game last season

Aberdeen haven't beaten us in 4 or scored against us Pittodrie last season , St Johnstone haven't beaten us in 5 or scored in last three visits to Perth, Hearts are beatable especially when they are away from home, St Mirren are St Mirren, always beatable, Dundee exactly same as St Mirren

stokearab
23-07-2021, 11:01 AM
Hate to be the profit of doom.
I really want to be totally wrong but ....

Surely not

Let me think again...........
Aberdeen 0 Dundee United 3
Dundee United 0 Rangers 0
St. Johnstone 1 Dundee United 2
Dundee United 3 Heart of Midlothian 0
St. Mirren 0 Dundee United 4

Tony will have us bouncing. He knows what he is doing.

I do try to be positive about the club despite occasionally lapsing into zoomer mode.

However without new signings, and assuming Butcher Harkes Pawlett in midfield with Clark partnering Shankland here are my predictions

Aberdeen 2- 0 United
United 0-2 Sevco
St Johnstone 1-1 United
United 1-3 Hearts
St Mirren 1-1 United

2 points from 5

AraBrian
23-07-2021, 02:00 PM
Definitly a hard start this season sheep with their nrew manager and player got great result in europe last night so would be happy with a point up at the pit.Sevco walked the league last season can't see us taking much from them again would be happy with a point.st johnston won both cups and had a top six finish last season so thats a hard game away also and would settle for a point.games against teams like hearts at home we have to be winning so would be hoping fore three points there.st mirren away again would settle for a point.Thats 7 points would be happy but could land up with a lot less or maybe a bit more life is so much happier as a happy clapper.:)

Craigbrew
23-07-2021, 02:28 PM
i think most of us will take 6 points all day long no matter how we get 6 points, 5 for me is well exceptable, 6 points how do you get them, 1 win 3 draws 1 defeat sounds like we would played well if we got that 1 way.
2 wins 4 loses, for me to get 2 wins we are going to have to create lot more chances and defend better to win 2 games.
5 points 1 win 2 draws in all honesty these fixtures does not sound that bad, but we will still have to defend better.
5 points 5 draws, i would say parts of games we must played well and defended really good, and prob GK would have to have few man match awards.. so to me going to be hell tough to get 5,6 points, but not impossible, but we will have to play decent stuff to get that total.. my take on it.

Craigbrew
23-07-2021, 02:34 PM
sorry my mistake it was only 5 games 2 wins 3 loses..oops

A. J
23-07-2021, 03:03 PM
Let's hope TC sets up to play our best in the 1st 3 games , if we do and we play well then it's win win
We either get points and those doubters amongst us get our pusses shut for a bit, or we don't in which case it proves we need to bring in better.
I said 3 cos transfer window is shut 3 days after our 4th game which is Hearts.
Playing defensive and snatching a point or 2 will tell us f'all.

Or TA could bring in better now and avoid further shyte on forums

darrenshedtastic
23-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Had a look at our previous starts to the season in the top flight and its a mixed bag. The starts don't necessary suggest how the season will pan out but it's more how we recover from it if its a bad start. Some seasons gone past I have dreaded the fixtures we got but ended up getting a decent point total (2014/15- Aberdeen, Motherwell, Celtic, County and St Mirren) while other times when we've had "better starts" but have struggled.

First 5 games
20/21- 7pts out of 15 (2W 1D 2L) - Finished 9th
15/16- 4pts out of 15 (1W 1D 3L) - Finished 12th
14/15- 12pts out of 15 (4W 1L) - Finished 5th
13/14- 5pts out of 15 (1W 2D 2L)- Finished 4th
12/13- 8pts out of 15 (2W 2D 1L)- Finished 6th
11/12- 5pts out of 15 (1W 2D 2L)- Finished 4th
10/11- 5pts out of 15 (1W 2D 2L)- Finished 4th
09/10- 8pts out of 15 (2W 2D 1L)- Finished 3rd

so my prediction
Aberdeen-Draw
Sevco-Loss
St Johnstone-Win
Hearts-Draw
St Mirren-Win

Optimistic or stupid who knows but what we do know is the start of the season is always unpredictable

LSArab
23-07-2021, 03:39 PM
Start is massively important.

I think we need minimum of 7 points from the 5 matches - basically need to beat the sheep as what comes after is not easy

Come on United !!

ahlltanyirhide
23-07-2021, 04:50 PM
Aberdeen - United 1-2
United - The Rangers 1-1
St Johnstone - United 0-2
United - Hearts 1-1
St Mirren - United 0-3

shedka
23-07-2021, 05:45 PM
Start is massively important.

I think we need minimum of 7 points from the 5 matches - basically need to beat the sheep as what comes after is not easy

Come on United !!

The stats from Darren right before you suggests otherwise, aslong as we get more than 4 pts we should be fine 😜

GUNBOAT
23-07-2021, 05:54 PM
The last time i dreaded a season as much as this one we went doon.I cannie FN believe with a week to go before the season starts i cannot select a United player who i think will have more assists than Paul McMullan and that is phucking frightening,FACT.

Jim_Jam
23-07-2021, 06:04 PM
The last time i dreaded a season as much as this one we went doon.I cannie FN believe with a week to go before the season starts i cannot select a United player who i think will have more assists than Paul McMullan and that is phucking frightening,FACT.

Paul McMullen might be 4 out of 10 performance wise for a lot of the match but he does give moments of 9 out 10 which wins matches.

We have too many 6/7 out of 10 performances.

Yeats 62
23-07-2021, 06:08 PM
Paul McMullen might be 4 out of 10 performance wise for a lot of the match but he does give moments of 9 out 10 which wins matches.

We have too many 6/7 out of 10 performances.

Correct. I quite liked McMullen but he ended up a two trick pony, and even one oh them didnae work :blue:

stokearab
23-07-2021, 06:22 PM

This where I am too, but if my zoomer gloomy predictions turn out to be wrong I will be delighted. I will apologise to Shedka ADS and all the others who foretold our success.
But if I'm right and we struggle at the bottom for the first time in my long posting history they will hear me say I wasn't surprised and
I FN TOLD YOU

stokearab
23-07-2021, 06:26 PM
Correct. I quite liked McMullen but he ended up a two trick pony, and even one oh them didnae work :blue:

IIRC correctly
Trick 1 run towards the corner flag, hit ball nowhere near a Tangerine shirt
Trick 2 beat one man, beat second man, lose control of ball

But Pep seems to improve our rejects, see glass man Sow. However the Premiership is different ....can see the Pundit Charlie getting injured in a few ahem hefty challenges.

A. J
23-07-2021, 06:33 PM
Aye Brooner will get away with it for the sheep however our Butcher will get the red nap

stokearab
23-07-2021, 06:39 PM
Tbh AJ I've started to think Butcher does it on purpose to get an occasional rest. Harsh?

Arab59
23-07-2021, 06:50 PM
Tbh AJ I've started to think Butcher does it on purpose to get an occasional rest. Harsh?

Nil points just what the deserve get Ashgar out

Whitfieldarab
23-07-2021, 06:55 PM
Aye Brooner will get away with it for the sheep however our Butcher will get the red nap

I honestly hope Butcher doesn't see red because that would mean that he's on the pitch.......c'mon Robbie where is that £200k Jambo bid I'd thought was coming��

stokearab
23-07-2021, 07:09 PM
Nil points just what the deserve get Ashgar out

Do you mean we? This is our club and we need to get behind the team

the_arab
23-07-2021, 07:40 PM
[COLOR="#808080"]

These would be my predictions as well based on current squad. we will be bottom going in to the derby

offshore_arab83
23-07-2021, 07:43 PM
Aberdeen 3 Dundee United 0
Dundee United 0 Rangers 5
St. Johnstone 2 Dundee United 1
Dundee United 0 Heart of Midlothian 0
St. Mirren 2 Dundee United 1

Get yer hoose on it, we're f ucked

the_arab
23-07-2021, 07:48 PM

really hope we are wrong but i will be very surprised if we are not gone this season, dont see anything other than bottom 2

offshore_arab83
23-07-2021, 07:50 PM
unless we strengthen now and appoint mcinnes at christmas where we will be bottom we are proper f ucked

i could be totally wrong but its not known to happen.

shedka
23-07-2021, 08:57 PM

Hmm why are we f ucked? What is it you know that we don't, from the team that won at Pittodrie 3 months ago we have one important loss, McNulty, however he isn't a huge loss overall

So either people are being over dramatic and got bogged down in this negative vibe related to the TA hate that's become a thing or they really really don't want to give Courts a chance, put it this way, I'm not comfortable with the choice but we don't know it won't work

I genuinely think we were f ucked in 2018, we were a weak side getting pumped by weak championship teams under a clown Laszlo who had no respect of the players and with no owner with any finance while the fun were in the prem

To see where we are now is night and day and the only reason we aren't in an even stronger position is covid, nothing else

Squad wise this team is capable of staying up again, they have continuity and a good spirit, so apart from the frustrating lack of signings upto now that we all feel, why are we f ucked and why have the rest of the league become galacticos and us went to sh it despite not losing any key players?

ahlltanyirhide
23-07-2021, 09:04 PM

Why do you think the Jambos will be so poor?

Jim_Jam
23-07-2021, 09:45 PM

>;)

yeah - Jambos heading for top 6

Chick A Saw
23-07-2021, 11:22 PM
Hmm why are we f ucked? What is it you know that we don't, from the team that won at Pittodrie 3 months ago we have one important loss, McNulty, however he isn't a huge loss overall

So either people are being over dramatic and got bogged down in this negative vibe related to the TA hate that's become a thing or they really really don't want to give Courts a chance, put it this way, I'm not comfortable with the choice but we don't know it won't work

I genuinely think we were f ucked in 2018, we were a weak side getting pumped by weak championship teams under a clown Laszlo who had no respect of the players and with no owner with any finance while the fun were in the prem

To see where we are now is night and day and the only reason we aren't in an even stronger position is covid, nothing else

Squad wise this team is capable of staying up again, they have continuity and a good spirit, so apart from the frustrating lack of signings upto now that we all feel, why are we f ucked and why have the rest of the league become galacticos and us went to sh it despite not losing any key players?

I am not yet gonna say we are ****ed, but i really wish i could be as confident as yourself about this next season. I do think you, and a whole bunch of others, are totally discounting the one key factor from last season in the manager who set us up to grind out results with the squad he had.

I think the over dramatic stuff is coming from both sides just now, but i aint missing the fact that everyone is willing to give Courts the chance, but it will turn hell of a sour very quickly if results dont work out. Not sure i see what the relevance is of Lazlo and the fun being mentioned though!

Our squad may just have enough in it to stay up, but i think its a bit disrespectful to discount other opinions regarding the ability of our opponents. To me, the sisters are the sisters, and after that i think Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and maybe St Johnstone will fight out the rest of the top 6. Its more likely though that we are within a bunch of unknown quantities from which 2 will be cast adrift, with 4th to 10th being quite a tight run thing.

Keep Benji, Fuchs and Shanks, add in 3 creative players and maybe we will take the fight to a top 6 finish.

Shedboy1971
24-07-2021, 12:50 AM

;D

Shedboy1971
24-07-2021, 12:52 AM
when OA and GB say we are fvcked i get worried. very worried. i just hope tam can ride this

offshore_arab83
24-07-2021, 05:36 AM

we have not strengthened in the positions we have been screaming out for for years

we have brought in a 35 year auld CB and a unfit back up keeper.

Not being 'over dramatic' the squad is no different from last season and that was f ucking awful at the best of times

You cant compare us to 2018, compare us to last season, what has changed except the management team? past few performances what has changed between them and last season? f uck all has changed

offshore_arab83
24-07-2021, 05:36 AM

RN mate. end of.

Arabdownsouth
24-07-2021, 06:57 AM
when OA and GB say we are fvcked i get worried. very worried. i just hope tam can ride this

When OA and GB say we are ****ed I get sleepy 😋

offshore_arab83
24-07-2021, 07:49 AM
When OA and GB say we are ****ed I get sleepy ��

just keep scrolling.... :cool:

A. J
24-07-2021, 09:36 AM
Easy see I'm bored, in other news,.

Our local head honcho curry restaurant manager has acted after publicly questioning the quality of meals and the service. Despite being fed, it seems too many customers felt the curries were bland and at times were leaving due to s hitting themselves.
I hear that the head honcho has brought in friends and family to improve the service, and to increase speed, he has replaced all pens and paper with ipads.
Honcho is trying to keep some elements of tradition, most notably the insistance of an onsite butcher, worrying reports though that the butcher would prefer to work in a tiny castle.
After an intensive search he has also acquired a new less noisy chef, which remarkably was on his doorstep the whole time, honcho has also promised to globally source better ingredients and meals.
To date the Honcho fella has not looked at changing the suppliers, in fact he has secured a 2 year deal with Pawletts to provide the same ingredients.
Having initially looked in the store cupboard, the new head chef felt he needed extra spice to improve the signature curry and rice dish, however in a strange twist, it seems he has found some that haven't been used yet and wants to try them for his new dish called rice and curry.
Some loyal customers are saying they'll still go as the meals are less shyte than those served at the Midden and the Pasta Place. There was talk of competition from the recently reopened Yankee Noodle Dandy, however their delivery man is getting fatter and slower and further research showed the person in charge of feeding is still struggling to put things on a plate. Their trading times are also questionable as due to a curfew their engine room closes at 7pm
After removing fruit from the menu, Honcho is considering introducing sweet desserts, backed up by the fact that a long standing takeaway customer called Ads, who has never cooked and never goes due to shifts, has sponsored a table during his A/L to invite folk for the inaugural humble pie night although this particular sponsor's make a wish, may see some folk struggle to eat and happily clap at the same time. Reports from sources close to Honcho (#SB71) suggest he is also considering Ads to be in charge of locking up as he likes to get the last word. Still at least we know there will be no depressed or drunk customers leaving the joint..

Time will tell if customers will end up with an even bigger dose of the s hits, and indeed if this humble pie thingy ever takes off.

Arabdownsouth
24-07-2021, 12:50 PM
Easy see I'm bored, in other news,.

Our local head honcho curry restaurant manager has acted after publicly questioning the quality of meals and the service. Despite being fed, it seems too many customers felt the curries were bland and at times were leaving due to s hitting themselves.
I hear that the head honcho has brought in friends and family to improve the service, and to increase speed, he has replaced all pens and paper with ipads.
Honcho is trying to keep some elements of tradition, most notably the insistance of an onsite butcher, worrying reports though that the butcher would prefer to work in a tiny castle.
After an intensive search he has also acquired a new less noisy chef, which remarkably was on his doorstep the whole time, honcho has also promised to globally source better ingredients and meals.
To date the Honcho fella has not looked at changing the suppliers, in fact he has secured a 2 year deal with Pawletts to provide the same ingredients.
Having initially looked in the store cupboard, the new head chef felt he needed extra spice to improve the signature curry and rice dish, however in a strange twist, it seems he has found some that haven't been used yet and wants to try them for his new dish called rice and curry.
Some loyal customers are saying they'll still go as the meals are less shyte than those served at the Midden and the Pasta Place. There was talk of competition from the recently reopened Yankee Noodle Dandy, however their delivery man is getting fatter and slower and further research showed the person in charge of feeding is still struggling to put things on a plate. Their trading times are also questionable as due to a curfew their engine room closes at 7pm
After removing fruit from the menu, Honcho is considering introducing sweet desserts, backed up by the fact that a long standing takeaway customer called Ads, who has never cooked and never goes due to shifts, has sponsored a table during his A/L to invite folk for the inaugural humble pie night although this particular sponsor's make a wish, may see some folk struggle to eat and happily clap at the same time. Reports from sources close to Honcho (#SB71) suggest he is also considering Ads to be in charge of locking up as he likes to get the last word. Still at least we know there will be no depressed or drunk customers leaving the joint..

Time will tell if customers will end up with an even bigger dose of the s hits, and indeed if this humble pie thingy ever takes off.

Maybe you spend a little too much time thinking about me fella 👍

A. J
24-07-2021, 01:27 PM
🎣🎣🎣🎣

the_arab
24-07-2021, 02:47 PM

So either people are being over dramatic and got bogged down in this negative vibe related to the TA hate

Personally i have no issue with TA, i agree with TTT in another thread he has hit targets so far. He has earned the right to make more changes.

I also have no issue with replacing MM. Last season was my worst season ever watching us. Worse than anything any other manager has put on the park, It was awful.

My reason for worry is that i beleive we were the worst footballing team in the league last year for large parts of it. The games we were winning or drawing i remember either thinking thank f for benji or thank f their attacking players had a mare. Apart from Aberdeen cup game i can barely remember us walking off the pitch and me thinking we deserved anything from the matches. It felt like robbery most weeks we didn’t lose

Imho to stay up we either need TC to improve the performances of the squad we have or sign a number of better players or we hope we run the same luck in a lot of matches like last season. The latter 2 look unlikely so im pinning hopes on a rookie manager hence the fear.

shedka
24-07-2021, 04:06 PM
Why people think we don't have the ability to finish above a Livi, Motherwell, County, Dundee or St Mirren i do not know, I must be missing something when I watch them

Arabdownsouth
24-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Personally i have no issue with TA, i agree with TTT in another thread he has hit targets so far. He has earned the right to make more changes.

I also have no issue with replacing MM. Last season was my worst season ever watching us. Worse than anything any other manager has put on the park, It was awful.

My reason for worry is that i beleive we were the worst footballing team in the league last year for large parts of it. The games we were winning or drawing i remember either thinking thank f for benji or thank f their attacking players had a mare. Apart from Aberdeen cup game i can barely remember us walking off the pitch and me thinking we deserved anything from the matches. It felt like robbery most weeks we didn’t lose

Imho to stay up we either need TC to improve the performances of the squad we have or sign a number of better players or we hope we run the same luck in a lot of matches like last season. The latter 2 look unlikely so im pinning hopes on a rookie manager hence the fear.

Freeman, Mochrie and Hoti have looked promising so far at least, albeit against lesser opposition. I'm hopeful that they might just add a little more to our options once they have a few more games under their belts. I still expect us to make a couple of additions, although admittedly it's very slow on that front, which doesn't really help with the air of pessimism that's lingering.

Craigbrew
24-07-2021, 04:28 PM
Why people think we don't have the ability to finish above a Livi, Motherwell, County, Dundee or St Mirren i do not know, I must be missing something when I watch them

I am wondering what they teams you mentioned are thinking about united, honestly i can't see one single team running scared of us, cause if the are they should not be.

shedka
24-07-2021, 04:46 PM
I am wondering what they teams you mentioned are thinking about united, honestly i can't see one single team running scared of us, cause if the are they should not be.

Who said anything about running scared? It will be a mutual feeling of we can beat them or we can finish above them

Don't think anyone will be running scared of anyone else apart from the odd exception (some Utd fans apart)

Arabdownsouth
24-07-2021, 04:47 PM
I forgot to mention Logan Chalmers who's also going to be like a new signing. I know people don't like that suggestion but it's still effectively true as he's barely played any 1st team football up to this season, obviously partly down to injury. I do think he could be very good for us though and hopefully will continue to improve.

Chick A Saw
24-07-2021, 05:06 PM

Takes a look back at last seasons table and wonders!:confused:

Livi, County and Dundee are total unknowns and i have to ask how much you have actually watched them all recently?

shedka
24-07-2021, 05:17 PM
Seen Motherwell twice they are average, week leak goals but have a bit of creativity on the wings, lost to airdrie, were very lucky not to lose to queen's Park, Livi have lost nearly a full team and have lots of new players, haven't set their group alight, lost to Alloa (who then lost to brechin a few days later) County have barely played, nothing to fear from their squad, St Mirren you just never know but the fact they just had their best league season in decades and that saw them 7th says it all, Dundee have improved but aren't tested at this level properly yet, seem to have balance and experience but they are Dundee

United, looking at the less gloomy more balanced way, good blend of experience and youth, plenty continuity, now know the league, haven't weakened... lacking in 2-3 fresh faces/key signings to really kick on but certainly not looking like cannon fodder destined for bottom spot

tHeArAb
24-07-2021, 05:22 PM
Taking the league cup group fixtures as a marker for how teams will fare next season is way off. This is effectively pre-season.

shedka
24-07-2021, 06:41 PM
True all fairly meaningless but people are happy to use it to beat Utd with and can't have it both ways

My thoughts on us and the strength of others is just based on educated guess, instinct and from following Scottish football for so long, I'm right way more often than I'm wrong so hopefully the case this year

Just cannot see us fairing as bad as some are predicting, can't see scorelines of 3-0, 5-0, 2-0 you name it... It shouldn't feel like this but It will feel even sweeter if we do alright, reading all these defeatist (imo) predictions

stokearab
24-07-2021, 06:49 PM
True all fairly meaningless but people are happy to use it to beat Utd with and can't have it both ways

My thoughts on us and the strength of others is just based on educated guess, instinct and from following Scottish football for so long, I'm right way more often than I'm wrong so hopefully the case this year

Just cannot see us fairing as bad as some are predicting, can't see scorelines of 3-0, 5-0, 2-0 you name it... It shouldn't feel like this but It will feel even sweeter if we do alright, reading all these defeatist (imo) predictions

So gonna give us your score predictions?
See thread title...

ScotinUSA
24-07-2021, 07:06 PM
Aberdeen 1 Dundee United 2
Dundee United 1 Rangers 3
St. Johnstone 0 Dundee United 2
Dundee United 3 Heart of Midlothian 1
St. Mirren 0 Dundee United 2

12 points

Good back line
Good forward line
Get midfield sorted

shedka
24-07-2021, 07:20 PM
So gonna give us your score predictions?
See thread title...

That's ok stoke, what I think we will have on the first page

We can bump it after the derby and see how we are fairing

With all the negativity this has felt like a very long pre season, one that those who love a bit of drama enjoy... wish we were six games in already, oh the suspense...

stokearab
24-07-2021, 07:23 PM
That's ok stoke, what I think we will have on the first page

We can bump it after the derby and see how we are fairing

With all the negativity this has felt like a very long pre season, one that those who love a bit of drama enjoy... wish we were six games in already, oh the suspense...

I'm genuinely glad you're confident. Some of us have to be!

But you haven't predicted any scores at all.
It's the point of the thread no?

So come on, let's see what you think.

GUNBOAT
24-07-2021, 07:26 PM
I'm genuinely glad you're confident. Some of us have to be!

But you haven't predicted any scores at all.
It's the point of the thread no?

So come on, let's see what you think.

Neither have i Stokie Boy but its difficult to predict scores when our new players have not arrived yet.

GUNBOAT
24-07-2021, 07:29 PM
As an examlple if you had asked me to predict the Euro final with the Italians 3 or 4 players light i may well have said a full strength England team would probably win.
Do you see where i'm coming from mate?.

stokearab
24-07-2021, 07:31 PM
We ain't signing anyone until we're in the bottom 3 and there is a fan meltdown!

GUNBOAT
24-07-2021, 07:48 PM
We ain't signing anyone until we're in the bottom 3 and there is a fan meltdown!

Sorry mate i do not want to fall out with you but we are bringing in 3 or 4 players because Thomas Courts promised the fans recruitment,it also came from the club that those at the coal face are working tirelessly behind the scenes to make this happen.
It was also said you may not get the player you want but you will get the player you need.Its really important that we all get behind the new regime,believe what they tell us and disregard the exciting candidates statement for what it was,DeeCThomson mischief-making.

GUNBOAT
24-07-2021, 07:52 PM

12 points

Good back line
Good forward line
Get midfield sorted

That would be an outstanding start mate,i do think we are a bit short of pace at the back though,auld heads will hopefully compensate for that wee flaw.

Craigbrew
24-07-2021, 08:00 PM
If we get 1 player in i will be asstonished, 2 i wll be speachless , 3 players i will need to go and see a psychiatrist.

GUNBOAT
24-07-2021, 08:03 PM
If we get 1 player in i will be asstonished, 2 i wll be speachless , 3 players i will need to go and see a psychiatrist.

Its happening mate its happening,FACT.

Craigbrew
24-07-2021, 08:26 PM
I really hope it is happening, but is any young player wanting to come here and see TC is the manager, who has never really done anything as a manager. i think respect works both ways, you have to know what your doing and come good at what your doing.. the players must be saying wtf is going on at this club, if we are they are..

offshore_arab83
24-07-2021, 08:40 PM

12 points

Good back line
Good forward line
Get midfield sorted

are you seeing something that i'm not scotty? 😳

tHeArAb
24-07-2021, 08:50 PM

Is his second name Ogren perhaps?

shedka
24-07-2021, 09:11 PM

No different to yours, just at the other end of the scale but personally prefer positive unrealistic to negative unrealistic

GUNBOAT
24-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Is his second name Ogren perhaps?

I have already asked him that a good while back and unfortunately its not.Which is a pity or maybe its not depending on your level of positivity or negativity.

AraBrian
24-07-2021, 09:55 PM
Taking the league cup group fixtures as a marker for how teams will fare next season is way off. This is effectively pre-season.

100% agree

AraBrian
24-07-2021, 10:03 PM

With you on all that more or less my feelings backed MM and can kind of understand his tactics were his only way he could see to keep us up.Will back TC and am hoping he can find a better way bit more attractive football keep us up bring through player or two and then the next season improve thats my hopes.

AraBrian
24-07-2021, 10:09 PM
Freeman, Mochrie and Hoti have looked promising so far at least, albeit against lesser opposition. I'm hopeful that they might just add a little more to our options once they have a few more games under their belts. I still expect us to make a couple of additions, although admittedly it's very slow on that front, which doesn't really help with the air of pessimism that's lingering.

Agree again throw in chalmers and boy on the left can't remember his name.Just hoping these young guys can make it would like to see a couple of right players coming in but not just crap signings to keep the zoomers happy they can take their time and bring in right guys or go with what we have.

AraBrian
24-07-2021, 10:13 PM

12 points

Good back line
Good forward line
Get midfield sorted

Hope you're right scot but whats happening week two utd got a covid out break and playing the reserves?

GUNBOAT
25-07-2021, 09:32 AM
Seen Motherwell twice they are average, week leak goals but have a bit of creativity on the wings, lost to airdrie, were very lucky not to lose to queen's Park, Livi have lost nearly a full team and have lots of new players, haven't set their group alight, lost to Alloa (who then lost to brechin a few days later) County have barely played, nothing to fear from their squad, St Mirren you just never know but the fact they just had their best league season in decades and that saw them 7th says it all, Dundee have improved but aren't tested at this level properly yet, seem to have balance and experience but they are Dundee

United, looking at the less gloomy more balanced way, good blend of experience and youth, plenty continuity, now know the league, haven't weakened... lacking in 2-3 fresh faces/key signings to really kick on but certainly not looking like cannon fodder destined for bottom spot

On Motherwell mate i have to ask where are they getting the money from?.All season ticket holders from last year were given a FREE one for this season.
It looks like they paid a fee for the QPR keeper Liam Kelly as he was contracted to them till 2023 and they have paid Southampton money for a midfielder called Callum Slattery.
We were linked with the keeper earlier in the window but i think it would have been a loan move we wanted.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/05/11/free-season-tickets-for-2020-21-holders/

BackRowArab
25-07-2021, 09:34 AM
On Motherwell mate i have to ask where are they getting the money from?.All season ticket holders from last year were given a FREE one for this season.
It looks like they paid a fee for the QPR keeper Liam Kelly as he was contracted to them till 2023 and they have paid Southampton money for a midfielder called Callum Slattery.
We were linked with the keeper earlier in the window but i think it would have been a loan move we wanted.

They have had a lot of money in recently for players. They got £1.5m for James Scott, £3.5m for Turnbull and I think they are due about £600k for Allan Campbell

GUNBOAT
25-07-2021, 09:39 AM
They have had a lot of money in recently for players. They got £1.5m for James Scott, £3.5m for Turnbull and I think they are due about £600k for Allan Campbell

Thanks mate i had completely forgotten about Turnbull and the others to be honest.Whatever model they are deploying we should use it.

shedka
25-07-2021, 09:51 AM
Speaking of James Scott, would be a great signing, all gone quiet, will no doubt end up at Hearts as they were the other Scottish club linked

JamesMcClean
25-07-2021, 09:56 AM

We got 750k for Johnny Russell, £2m for the Tim Two, £2.5m for ARob, £2.5m for Gauld, £1.5m for Nads, £500k for Souter. Even got £400k for Ryan McGowan FFS. Still don’t remember ever getting a free ST though.

GUNBOAT
25-07-2021, 09:58 AM
Speaking of James Scott, would be a great signing, all gone quiet, will no doubt end up at Hearts as they were the other Scottish club linked

This is all i could find mate. B)

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tFP1zcsNM0qKkkyTDNg9BLKSsxNLVYo Ts4vKVHISE0sKikGAL2HC40&q=james+scott+hearts&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB762GB762&oq=James+Scott&aqs=chrome.5.0i20i263i355j46i20i263j69i57j0l2j46j0 l4.17884j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

GUNBOAT
25-07-2021, 10:00 AM
We got 750k for Johnny Russell, £2m for the Tim Two, £2.5m for ARob, £2.5m for Gauld, £1.5m for Nads, £500k for Souter. Even got £400k for Ryan McGowan FFS. Still don’t remember ever getting a free ST though.

We also ended up back where we started £7,000,000 in the red.

Jim_Jam
25-07-2021, 11:05 PM
Hope you're right scot but whats happening week two utd got a covid out break and playing the reserves?

Very funny >;)

Shedboy1971
26-07-2021, 01:05 PM
i think we will get 7 points from these games, 3 of them against the dee.

GUNBOAT
26-07-2021, 10:40 PM

Guilty as charged,still the truth though and nothing but the truth.

Jim_Jam
01-08-2021, 03:16 PM
Well we prophets of doom were hoping to be proved wrong but alas 😏

offshore_arab83
01-08-2021, 03:21 PM

unfortunately this is looking ever so likely

arabiain
01-08-2021, 03:41 PM
unfortunately this is looking ever so likely Apart from the draw with Hearts, can't see anything other than a defeat there as well.

Jim_Jam
01-08-2021, 03:43 PM
Will Tam be on soon to tell us we followed the plan very well and that he is pleased with the way we competed. We expected them to be a very good team and we dealt with them (apart from the avoidable unfortunate goals) very well.

stokearab
01-08-2021, 03:54 PM
I do try to be positive about the club despite occasionally lapsing into zoomer mode.

However without new signings, and assuming Butcher Harkes Pawlett in midfield with Clark partnering Shankland here are my predictions

Aberdeen 2- 0 United
United 0-2 Sevco
St Johnstone 1-1 United
United 1-3 Hearts
St Mirren 1-1 United

2 points from 5

Get your cash on 0-2 next week!

ahlltanyirhide
01-08-2021, 03:54 PM
Aberdeen - United 1-2
United - The Rangers 1-1
St Johnstone - United 0-2
United - Hearts 1-1
St Mirren - United 0-3

Ach well, guess that’s why I dinnae bet ☹️

the_arab
01-08-2021, 04:00 PM
Get your cash on 0-2 next week!

XD right then, maybe if thats the half time score! id bite your hand off for a 0-2 right now

stokearab
01-08-2021, 04:04 PM
Will Tam be on soon to tell us we followed the plan very well and that he is pleased with the way we competed. We expected them to be a very good team and we dealt with them (apart from the avoidable unfortunate goals) very well.

The worrying part of that is it's very likely what he WILL say.

GUNBOAT
01-08-2021, 04:15 PM
Ach FFS i forgot to post my predictions during my negative meltdoon

Here goes though.

Sheep 1 Utd 2

Utd 1 The Rangers 1

Saints 2 Utd 2

Utd 2 Hearts 0

ST FN Mirren 1 Utd 2

stokearab
01-08-2021, 06:31 PM
Correct game 1 score predictions....

JimJam
Me
the_arab

GB predicted an away win after the final whistle though so he's definitely getting into positive territory. Well done sir 😎

Next week.......can't come quick enough.

tHeArAb
01-08-2021, 06:33 PM
Utd 0-6 Huns
Saints 2-0 Utd
Utd 0-2 Hearts
St. Mirren 1-0 Utd

tHeArAb
01-08-2021, 06:39 PM
Utd 0-6 Huns
Saints 2-0 Utd
Utd 0-2 Hearts
St. Mirren 1-0 Utd

Edit to add: I think we'll just edge the entire 90mins vs The Huns.

stokearab
01-08-2021, 08:10 PM

Bump...
From the 24th July

stokearab
01-08-2021, 08:11 PM
Bump...
From the 24th July

Will add to my ' I told you so' file 😈

ARAbCHNID
01-08-2021, 08:31 PM
Do you think we could arrange a Covid 0-3 for Saturday?

Jim_Jam
01-08-2021, 10:08 PM
t when we did get that rhythm we created chances and should have scored before half-time.

"The positives are we should have scored one or two goals in the first half, in the second half we had Aberdeen hemmed in for the last 30 minutes. I would like to see a little more cutting edge and creativity."

angusarab
02-08-2021, 01:53 PM
Aberdeen 2 Dundee United 0 (wont claim to have got that right!)
Dundee United 0 Rangers 4
St. Johnstone 0 Dundee United 0
St. Mirren 1 Dundee United

I am not very optimistic based on what i saw yesterday or lack of incoming signings, I hope i am wrong though.

Shedboy1971
02-08-2021, 02:08 PM
Edit to add: I think we'll just edge the entire 90mins vs The Huns.

especially first half

Chick A Saw
02-08-2021, 03:09 PM
L-W-D-L-L

That is the start to one of the worst seasons i have witnessed, and a start against Aberdeen to boot! I was saying to friends we were never recovering from that start then, and i have similar feelings now, but obviously i will wait til game 5 and 11, although by then it will be all too late!

Its gonna be another sore one next week, but please prove me wrong after that TC.

Shedboy1971
02-08-2021, 04:29 PM
LLLDL - get harkes, clark and L smithto fvck and dont play fuchs and butch together ffs

Chips_OToole
06-08-2021, 10:22 PM
Zero points if Clown Court is still the manager (sorry head coach)

shedka
07-08-2021, 07:02 PM
stoke will be along to bump this soon... instead of after 5 games...

Kidding, know you will be delighted today 😉😏

stokearab
07-08-2021, 07:42 PM
I never started the thread just contributed to it. Tbh digging out individual posters after a result like that deary me. Sad stuff.

shedka
07-08-2021, 07:43 PM
Ah you'll get over it, it's a good day

stokearab
07-08-2021, 07:51 PM
Ah you'll get over it, it's a good day

Think it's you that needs to get over it. There's posters on here who've posted more negativity than me but you never dare to call them out by name.

Jim_Jam
07-08-2021, 07:53 PM
Well that was unexpectedly brilliant.
I apologise for being wrong.
Tam Courts is a genius!

ps even in my positive tongue in cheek prediction I had us down for a draw against The R.

AraBrian
07-08-2021, 10:48 PM
Well that was unexpectedly brilliant.
I apologise for being wrong.
Tam Courts is a genius!

ps even in my positive tongue in cheek prediction I had us down for a draw against The R.

Brilliant result today not even me who is a leader of the so called despised happy clappers expected tam and the team to put on a show like that today cant say how much I enjoyed that match especially after guys in pub were telling me about slagging utd had got on social media for getting beat at the pit.Night and day performances just hope all those that were giving the team and manager sh.t last week give them a bit of praise this week they certainly deserve it.

Shedboy1971
08-08-2021, 07:41 AM
LLLDL - get harkes, clark and L smithto fvck and dont play fuchs and butch together ffs

well lets all praise be that im not our manager XD seriously though its one game we were up for. We had one game last season too. good result but as OA says its one game. (Still bloody pleasing). Wore my utd face mask in Sainsburys afterwards so many hvn shirts - mind you not one bad comment a few to say we simply wanted to win it more. Childish i know but was well happy wearing it lol

Shedboy1971
08-08-2021, 07:44 AM
Think it's you that needs to get over it. There's posters on here who've posted more negativity than me but you never dare to call them out by name.

c'mon shedka was just having a euphoric moment and laugh. My prediction on LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL or whatever remains a legend on this board as far as im concerned as im just bouncing after yesterday as I am sure you are too Stoke. SRYB

GUNBOAT
08-08-2021, 08:27 AM
I do not recall i told you so posts last week i certainly never posted any.There is a clear pattern on this board though.If a poster is too negative regarding the running of the club he is singled out for personal attacks.
It matters not a jot that he or she never had a go at other more positive posters they are still gonna get it.Some posters last week were noticeable by their absence in the Pittodrie aftermath are they gonna disappear again if we lose at Somerset Park next week?,who knows hopefully not though.

TerryTheTerror
08-08-2021, 08:34 AM
I do not recall i told you so posts last week i certainly never posted any.There is a clear pattern on this board though.If a poster is too negative regarding the running of the club he is singled out for personal attacks.
It matters not a jot that he or she never had a go at other more positive posters they are still gonna get it.Some posters last week were noticeable by their absence in the Pittodrie aftermath are they gonna disappear again if we lose at Somerset Park next week?,who knows hopefully not though.

Stoke did. I said at the time I thought any judgement after one game was extremely premature and it would be the same after two. I stand by that we can't draw any conclusions about what we've seen so far, it's only two league games.

TerryTheTerror
08-08-2021, 08:37 AM
Zero points if Clown Court is still the manager (sorry head coach)

Ah well. :P

GUNBOAT
08-08-2021, 08:40 AM
Stoke did. I said at the time I thought any judgement after one game was extremely premature and it would be the same after two. I stand by that we can't draw any conclusions about what we've seen so far, it's only two league games.

Maybe Brian forgot(i did)and thought it was me,i even backed up Peter Pawlett on here last week.

TerryTheTerror
08-08-2021, 08:43 AM
Maybe Brian forgot(i did)and thought it was me,i even backed up Peter Pawlett on here last week.

Yeah, definitely not you, thought you'd been pretty supportive lately actually. :)

GUNBOAT
08-08-2021, 08:56 AM
Yeah, definitely not you, thought you'd been pretty supportive lately actually. :)

You called it spot on yesterday mate when you said it would be a tight game so well done on that as you probably stood alone on that.It really was magnificent yesterday to witness that in person.
A word of caution though we cannie play like that v most teams in the league especially those we think are likely to be our main rivals for survival and i still think that is where we are.
Its imperative we add pace and creativity to the squad to get in behind the likes of the Ross County's,DFC and ST Mirren's defences.If we achieve this then its looking more like a fight for top 6 rather than relegation.

troonarab
08-08-2021, 08:59 AM
I was critical last week and have praised them this week I feel I’ve been balanced but if that makes me negative fk it 🤣.Chalk and cheese

stokearab
08-08-2021, 08:59 AM

😁

stokearab
08-08-2021, 09:03 AM

The "I told you so" was I forecast that if we played Harkes Butcher and Pawlett at Pittodrie we'd get beaten.

If you are supporting the digging out of individual posters by name it's poor stuff especially from a Mod.

Sleekit stuff on here the last 12 hours.

TerryTheTerror
08-08-2021, 09:08 AM
The "I told you so" was I forecast that if we played Harkes Butcher and Pawlett at Pittodrie we'd get beaten.

If you are supporting the digging out of individual posters by name it's poor stuff especially from a Mod.

Sleekit stuff on here the last 12 hours.

If you aren't prepared to stand up and admit what you have said, don't say it. I never said anything about the context of your 'I told you so' list (your words, not mine).

stokearab
08-08-2021, 09:10 AM
If you aren't prepared to stand up and admit what you have said, don't say it. I never said anything about the context of your 'I told you so' list (your words, not mine).

OK if I'm getting this sh1te I'm away.
Crack on.

stokearab
08-08-2021, 09:12 AM

To add. You're condoning the digging out of one poster by name, not even in a reply to me, in a reply to someone else.
If that's how you want to run the board that's up to you, I'm sure Shedka will be very happy I'm away.

TerryTheTerror
08-08-2021, 09:13 AM
To add. You're condoning the digging out of one poster by name, not even in a reply to me, in a reply to someone else.
If that's how you want to run the board that's up to you, I'm sure Shedka will be very happy I'm away.

How am I digging you out? It was you that said it, not me. Anyone can go back and look.

And what this has to do with moderation of the site, I have no idea.

AraBrian
08-08-2021, 09:22 AM

What did I forget?I have not read any posts from last week have not been on since last sunday before league season started said was going to give this place a miss for a while as knew what it would be like if utd did not do well in the really hard start to the season was told by people in pub yesterday that utd had been getting it hard on social media though.Have not singled anyone out for being negative have replied to a few posts thats all was bit pished last night when got home and thought would be happier busy place on here but was pretty quiet had a few posts but never attacked anyone personally for being negative.I will be giving this place a miss again after every utd loss as I do not enjoy reading the posts after we lose enjoy life lot more when we win.

GUNBOAT
08-08-2021, 09:31 AM
FFS boys is it really gonna be if we win some will stay away and if we lose others will not post?.Have i got to hope for a draw every week for some company?. B)

AraBrian
08-08-2021, 09:48 AM
FFS boys is it really gonna be if we win some will stay away and if we lose others will not post?.Have i got to hope for a draw every week for some company?. B)

HAHAHA mate I really just don't enjoy all the negativity around the club does nothing good for me or my mood just kind of depressing knew by the run up to start of season what it would be like if we had a bad start. Had a really hard start against an improved sheepies on the back of them giving a decent swedish team 5 followed by the champions on a 40 league game unbeaten run then the double cup winner top six club away so thought if never wanted brought down anymore than the football brings me down then best just to dodge this place for a bit.Can't help standing up for utd when they are getting it hard and land up in lot of arguments on here if utd aint doing well so best if I just post when people should be a bit more positive.To be honest this place still feels a bit down somehow even after that brilliant result and display.

GUNBOAT
08-08-2021, 09:57 AM
HAHAHA mate I really just don't enjoy all the negativity around the club does nothing good for me or my mood just kind of depressing knew by the run up to start of season what it would be like if we had a bad start. Had a really hard start against an improved sheepies on the back of them giving a decent swedish team 5 followed by the champions on a 40 league game unbeaten run then the double cup winner top six club away so thought if never wanted brought down anymore than the football brings me down then best just to dodge this place for a bit.Can't help standing up for utd when they are getting it hard and land up in lot of arguments on here if utd aint doing well so best if I just post when people should be a bit more positive.To be honest this place still feels a bit down somehow even after that brilliant result and display.

I'll be honest mate,still worried about Ayr away in the League Cup.I wish i wasn't but i am.Arbroath should have murdered them yesterday 0-2 up and missed a penalty to make it 0-3.It ended up 2-2 and a total downer to it feels like a win kind of scenario.
We need to go for them the way we went after The Rangers or it will be the same old story on here i'm afraid.

AraBrian
08-08-2021, 10:31 AM
I'll be honest mate,still worried about Ayr away in the League Cup.I wish i wasn't but i am.Arbroath should have murdered them yesterday 0-2 up and missed a penalty to make it 0-3.It ended up 2-2 and a total downer to it feels like a win kind of scenario.
We need to go for them the way we went after The Rangers or it will be the same old story on here i'm afraid.

Yeah there are no easy games anymore we are not wee jums utd who you knew would just win most matchs.Yesterday showed me what these players can do so no reason for them not to keep it up know will be bad weeks and bad results but will probably just dodge this place when results not going our way.Like would not think of reading diddlies forums if we were doing not to well or they were doing great.:)

shedka
08-08-2021, 10:39 AM

Yes, yesterday is meaningless with regards a league cup game at Ayr

Need to play four at the back and match their intensity as role reversal, we haven't been convincing against lower league sides for the most part

With regards league, yesterday changes everything, proves even with what we have got, those predicting relegation for DUFC are going to be off the mark

Sande_Man
08-08-2021, 10:40 AM
The stick Courts got last week for the team chosen was over the top…..like most fans, last season was really difficult to watch for me but our one performance of the season last year that was extremely gratifying was Aberdeen away.

Although I don’t like the formation or a lot of the players picked at pittodrie last week I could accept why it was picked - it worked brilliantly in the cup. If courts had picked all the youngsters and got pumped then a lot of folk would have criticised him saying he should have went with what worked in last seasons game.

The praise the team will get this weekend will likely be equally over the top. What a terrific performance and attitude, but most players will tell you it’s easy to get ‘up’ for these type of games. Especially ones where you don’t need to attack much or try dictate the game.

It’s somewhere in the middle…..we have a new coach, some (a lot perhaps) of players not quite up to the standard of where we’d like to be and a few talented youngsters. We need to just roll with it and hope we progress and improve.

I really like the message from courts (if not the irritating buzzwords) and the way he talks. I’m rooting for him

shedka
08-08-2021, 10:44 AM

Some drama here

We didn't lose at Pittodrie because of those players

We lost because we played three the back and were passive and gifted the opening goal before we could regroup at half time

Yesterday shows four works better, think we all agree on that anyway, if courts goes back to three at the back and makes comments like we edged first half in games we weren't in then he will deserve criticism

As for yesterday with regards courts, fair play, thought he was measured and came across well in his comments

Arabdownsouth
08-08-2021, 10:46 AM

I'll be here mate, rain or shine ☔☀️😁

Even if no **** likes me 😂😂

Arabdownsouth
08-08-2021, 11:07 AM

Can I just say mate, I'm very glad you and I sorted out our differences yesterday and I for one hope you won't be going anywhere 👍

Yesterday was a fantastic day and we should all rejoice as one.

FTD!!

the_arab
08-08-2021, 11:44 AM
Some drama here

We didn't lose at Pittodrie because of those players

We lost because we played three the back

Agree with this. We absolutely should still be adding more quality to the starting 11, but as a minimun we should at least play in a formation that suits us and 3 at the back does not.

ahlltanyirhide
08-08-2021, 12:47 PM

I’m never too far awa just in case someone is looking for an argument 😉

GUNBOAT
08-08-2021, 12:50 PM
Agree with this. We absolutely should still be adding more quality to the starting 11, but as a minimun we should at least play in a formation that suits us and 3 at the back does not.

Agree with both posts its so obvious that the back 3 at Pittodrie lacks pace,they lacked pace at Kelty.The two fullbacks can help two centre half's but two wing backs playing further forward cannot.

stokearab
09-08-2021, 11:34 PM
Can I just say mate, I'm very glad you and I sorted out our differences yesterday and I for one hope you won't be going anywhere 👍

Yesterday was a fantastic day and we should all rejoice as one.

FTD!!

Amen to that ADS
Arabest

shedka
23-08-2021, 06:30 PM
Early bump

First few pages of this are making for better reading now, not getting carried away but remaining realistic as I feel I was on the early pages, 6 pts from 3 gives us that wee bit leeway

No easy games but we still have nothing to fear, added a couple faces too that can only help from here on in, no galacticos in this league and we already had a good base to build from

Now if we can get some luck with injuries as that's Benji, Butch, Harkes, Chalmers and Appere still out, those back and we start to look strong bench wise too, oh and keep Fuchs

JUSTaway
23-08-2021, 07:13 PM
It's still early days. The criticism after Aberdeen was totally deserved, that was woeful, and when you look at the way we have set up v Rangers and St John, formation and the way we got at them after their Euro games, we could easy have got something v Sheep who I honestly thought were bang average that day. But I'm pleased for Tam, he has shown he can set up the team to be competitive, just need to make next step and carry more threat, because we don't look like we have many goals in us just now. There has probably never been a Utd manager under so much pressure from his own fans to get off to a good start, everything he has done has been picked apart and overanalysed. Long way to go though, but some signs of steady if not spectacular progress.

2 other points, think role fans played v rangers and ST John massive, and Tam hasn't flooded the team with youngsters as many feared or suspected he might.

shedka
23-08-2021, 09:35 PM
True but most of those pages were pre Aberdeen and most criticism/doubt was towards players who imo still deserve more credit than they get for last two years

stokearab
23-08-2021, 10:41 PM
It's still early days. The criticism after Aberdeen was totally deserved, that was woeful, and when you look at the way we have set up v Rangers and St John, formation and the way we got at them after their Euro games, we could easy have got something v Sheep who I honestly thought were bang average that day. But I'm pleased for Tam, he has shown he can set up the team to be competitive, just need to make next step and carry more threat, because we don't look like we have many goals in us just now. There has probably never been a Utd manager under so much pressure from his own fans to get off to a good start, everything he has done has been picked apart and overanalysed. Long way to go though, but some signs of steady if not spectacular progress.

2 other points, think role fans played v rangers and ST John massive, and Tam hasn't flooded the team with youngsters as many feared or suspected he might.

As usual a good balanced post.

Most posters who made dire predictions for the first 5 league games based them mostly on our inactivity in the transfer market and a continued lack of creativity from midfield that couldn't string a few passes together.

The Sheep performance sent a few into meltdown including myself, because it was such a spineless disjointed 90 minutes lacking the basic intensity we would expect from 11 guys chosen to wear Tangerine.

All credit to Tam because what we saw v the New Rangers was night and day in comparison. The way the players carried that high energy performance into the game v St Johnstone was great to see because a lot of teams would have been bullied into defeat there. To come away with the 3 points was superb.

It should also be noted that since the dire predictions were made we've re signed McNulty and added a Manchester United youth midfielder who looks like he might be very influentialfor us. Plus a winger to come in.

japanarab
24-08-2021, 04:18 AM
Glad to see most predictions were wrong. I didn’t predict but it probably wouldn’t have been particularly positive. At the end of the day it’s played 7 won 6. If this Finnish guy turns out to be decent we could be sneaking top 6 which I’d be delighted with. Still very early days yet but deffo a lot more positive.

A. J
24-08-2021, 06:31 AM
Agree fully with above posts.
I do have to add that most of the concerned posts were justified, we were worried we would lose Shankland and Benji, which happened albeit unfortunately in Benji's case.
Concerns about how Tam's appointment came about and his inexperience looked bang on especially after his analysis of Aberdeen performance.
Signing Mulgrew and Carson went against our supposed model of promoting youth.
Then for some reason and completely unexpected, came the Rangers performance, was this just a free hit to raise their game, not a chance, as shown with the St J game.
To me signing Charlie is the main reason, Mulgrew shouting and organising on the pitch is a much better look than Mellon off it - talking of which, thanks Mickey for keeping us up but your Tranmere's opening results bring back horrible memories.

The team spirit and grit on the pitch coupled with the fans creating the atmosphere which inspires, is bringing our club and the whole United community back together.

Im starting to lose the fear and a massive well done to Tam and the backroom team, a few pusses shut including mine,, keep this level up and hopefully Tony has some golden nuggets up his sleeve to bring in.

Arabdownsouth
24-08-2021, 06:33 AM
I do have to add that most of the concerned posts were justified, we were worried we would lose Shankland and Benji, which happened albeit unfortunately in Benji's case.
Concerns about how Tam's appointment came about and his inexperience looked bang on especially after his analysis of Aberdeen performance.
Then for some reason and completely unexpected, came the Rangers performance, was this just a free hit to raise their game, not a chance, as shown with the St J game.
To me signing Charlie is the main reason, Mulgrew shouting and organising on the pitch is a much better look than Mellon off it - talking of which, thanks Mickey for keeping us up but your Tranmere's opening results bring back horrible memories.

The team spirit and grit on the pitch coupled with the fans creating the atmosphere which inspires, is bringing our club and the whole United community back together.

Im starting to lose the fear and a massive well done to Tam and the backroom team, a few pusses shut including mine,, keep this level up and hopefully Tony has some golden nuggets up his sleeve to bring in.

Great Post AJ 👍

Kdyteejay2
24-08-2021, 07:30 AM

Pretty much agree. However I said I’d wait until the first round of fixtures are over before judging which is what I’ll do.
Edited to add. Other than the Aberdeen game it’s an encouraging start.

tHeArAb
24-08-2021, 07:31 AM
Mulgrew is massive, of that there is no doubt, however Sunday was definitely brought about because of the signings of McNulty & Levitt. Without those two we'd have gone with Clark leading the line and one of the kids manning the midfield. Fuchs wouldn't have been able to play the game he played in midfield in that case. The whole dynamics of the team would've been different. Hats off to the recruitment team for some really good signings this summer.

TerryTheTerror
24-08-2021, 10:24 AM
Hats off to the recruitment team for some really good signings this summer.

It's funny how things can change in less than a week. It's still quite early days but, on the face of things so far, I agree.

LSArab
24-08-2021, 11:06 AM
The manner of the last two performances has been fantastic.

Last season we never looked much attacking threat v St J. We needed shanks to knock one in from 55 yards

Application of players brilliant though it is early days.

I agree - I think Mulgrew has been a revelation. His reading of game is excellent and he is having an influence.

Tam seems a calm young manager who is going well so far.

I was pessimistic but just hoping we can keep this early run going

tHeArAb
24-08-2021, 11:14 AM
It's funny how things can change in less than a week. It's still quite early days but, on the face of things so far, I agree.

Our strike rate is excellent. We've signed Mulgrew, Carson, McNulty & Levitt. All so far look to be excellent signings and almost guaranteed first picks (Carson aside normally but even he's first choice now). Gone seem to be the days of signing 7, 8 or 9 players with only a few of them actually being any good. We've done well, albeit we're now into the season. Hopefully Niskanen follows suit.

BackRowArab
24-08-2021, 11:17 AM
Our strike rate is excellent. We've signed Mulgrew, Carson, McNulty & Levitt. All so far look to be excellent signings and almost guaranteed first picks (Carson aside normally but even he's first choice now). Gone seem to be the days of signing 7, 8 or 9 players with only a few of them actually being any good. We've done well, albeit we're now into the season. Hopefully Niskanen follows suit.

I agree, every one is an upgrade (well apart from McNulty but that's unfair because Shanks is Shanks).

Mulgrew > Reynolds
Carson > Mehmet
Levitt > Harkes
Niskanen (hopefully) > Bolton

tHeArAb
24-08-2021, 11:24 AM
I agree, every one is an upgrade (well apart from McNulty but that's unfair because Shanks is Shanks).

Mulgrew > Reynolds
Carson > Mehmet
Levitt > Harkes
Niskanen (hopefully) > Bolton

If Niskanen turns out to be any worse than Bolton the entire recruitment dept need punted!!!

Shedboy1971
24-08-2021, 12:06 PM
Niskanen a left winger or right?

BackRowArab
24-08-2021, 12:29 PM
Niskanen a left winger or right?

Either sided I believe

Shedboy1971
24-08-2021, 01:52 PM
Either sided I believe

thats good news

stokearab
24-08-2021, 07:14 PM
Just a thought that seems to be getting forgotten by a few amid our great start.

We've replaced McNulty with em McNulty

But we've not replaced Lawrence Shankland!
Definitely need to because as a few have said it's hard to see where many goals are going to come from in the current squad.

tHeArAb
24-08-2021, 07:19 PM
Just a thought that seems to be getting forgotten by a few amid our great start.

We've replaced McNulty with em McNulty

But we've not replaced Lawrence Shankland!
Definitely need to because as a few have said it's hard to see where many goals are going to come from in the current squad.

In a roundabout way, we'll eventually be replacing Shankland with McNulty and McNulty with Niskanen. 😂

tHeArAb
24-08-2021, 07:20 PM
We've also replaced Clark with Levitt, whilst actually giving Clark a promotion. 😂

stokearab
24-08-2021, 07:48 PM
In a roundabout way, we'll eventually be replacing Shankland with McNulty and McNulty with Niskanen. 😂

Can't see McNulty scoring many headers though. Or Clark.

tHeArAb
24-08-2021, 07:56 PM

Nope. Ironic how we've just sold the boy who'd benefit most from our last two signings. 😔

Chick A Saw
24-08-2021, 08:16 PM

You have missed the points from many who watched Clark outjump the Rankgers defence last week then?

Unless another target type striker is brought in, Clark and/or McNulty are it for this season, and im sure both can add some headed goals this season.

tHeArAb
24-08-2021, 08:21 PM
You have missed the points from many who watched Clark outjump the Rankgers defence last week then?

Unless another target type striker is brought in, Clark and/or McNulty are it for this season, and im sure both can add some headed goals this season.

There's a difference between running onto a big hoof from the back and pouncing onto a cross drilled into the box though. I don't recall either of them scoring too many headers in their time. Saying that, you play to your strengths don't you and I'm not sure I see us as being a side who hit the by line and throw in a cross, even when Niskanen signs.

Arabdownsouth
24-08-2021, 08:29 PM

Clark is pretty decent in the air tbh. I don't think McNulty got much chance last season to prove effective in that area so it's a wait and see in his case I think.

stokearab
24-08-2021, 08:50 PM

I'd be happy to do a PeterMackie style bet with you that they won't get more than 5 headed goals between them in league games this season.

tHeArAb
24-08-2021, 08:59 PM
I'd be happy to do a PeterMackie style bet with you that they won't get more than 5 headed goals between them in league games this season.

I'll raise you a GB style bet. Peter bottles his bets.

I'd tend to agree with you though.

Shedboy1971
26-08-2021, 07:06 AM
Clark is actually decent in the air - dont care if they score with their ars£s mind you as long as they score. Could do with a target man though not for lumping balls but for crosses and mulgrew is a set piece master too. Anyone getting that feeling we are being taken the p!ss out of in regards getting the process for work permit sorted???

BackRowArab
26-08-2021, 07:31 AM
Clark is actually decent in the air - dont care if they score with their ars£s mind you as long as they score. Could do with a target man though not for lumping balls but for crosses and mulgrew is a set piece master too. Anyone getting that feeling we are being taken the p!ss out of in regards getting the process for work permit sorted???

No, I was reading an article how its tougher these days if someone is non EU, but moved to an EU country and then shortly moved again to another non EU country

Shedboy1971
26-08-2021, 08:16 AM
No, I was reading an article how its tougher these days if someone is non EU, but moved to an EU country and then shortly moved again to another non EU country

He was born in finland and plays for Finland and live in Germany so all EU - maybe the issue is with Brexit then? or heaven forbid we are not very good at keeping our fans up to date (hope its the latter)

TerryTheTerror
26-08-2021, 08:27 AM
He was born in finland and plays for Finland and live in Germany so all EU - maybe the issue is with Brexit then? or heaven forbid we are not very good at keeping our fans up to date (hope its the latter)

99.99% it'll be down to Brexit.

tHeArAb
26-08-2021, 08:42 AM

Yet arsenal sign Odegaard (non EU) from Real (EU) on Friday and he plays last night.

TerryTheTerror
26-08-2021, 08:51 AM
Yet arsenal sign Odegaard (non EU) from Real (EU) on Friday and he plays last night.

Given he played most of last season at Arsenal I'd assume he already had a work permit? 🤔

Shedboy1971
26-08-2021, 08:58 AM
Given he played most of last season at Arsenal I'd assume he already had a work permit? ��

thats highly likely but its also possible that there is a bit of corruption going on - i know what with politicans and government departments never but what a mill for Arsenal - its probably called an expedited process lol. Hopefully its not a case of months here

tHeArAb
26-08-2021, 09:00 AM
Given he played most of last season at Arsenal I'd assume he already had a work permit? 🤔

He wasn't able to play on Sunday as they were waiting on his permit, so obviously not.

Shedboy1971
26-08-2021, 09:01 AM
He wasn't able to play on Sunday as they were waiting on his permit, so obviously not.

corruption then money talks - they are that arrogant that they probably have it signed off as a formal process

TerryTheTerror
26-08-2021, 09:03 AM

Interesting, do we know how long they've been trying to get it sorted?

tHeArAb
26-08-2021, 09:06 AM
Interesting, do we know how long they've been trying to get it sorted?

No idea mate.

tHeArAb
26-08-2021, 09:07 AM
corruption then money talks - they are that arrogant that they probably have it signed off as a formal process

Who knows. Arsenal wanted him registered by midday Friday so he could play on Sunday but Visa issues stopped him, so even they don't know the process.

TerryTheTerror
26-08-2021, 09:57 AM
Who knows. Arsenal wanted him registered by midday Friday so he could play on Sunday but Visa issues stopped him, so even they don't know the process.

Are visa issue the same as work permit issues? Maybe, I don't know. 🤔

BackRowArab
26-08-2021, 10:19 AM
Are visa issue the same as work permit issues? Maybe, I don't know. ��

Yes, a Visa is a work permit.

Didn't know Finland was in the EU, learn something new every day.

Wonder if its something to do with how much we are paying him, isn't it easier to get a work permit if you have a very high salary, as I'm assuming Odergaad is and our dude isn't?

Shedboy1971
26-08-2021, 10:26 AM
Yes, a Visa is a work permit.

Didn't know Finland was in the EU, learn something new every day.

Wonder if its something to do with how much we are paying him, isn't it easier to get a work permit if you have a very high salary, as I'm assuming Odergaad is and our dude isn't?

it could be something like that from a skilled resource perspective. Yeah finland and sweden joined in 95 or something lol (keep up ;) )

BackRowArab
26-08-2021, 10:36 AM
it could be something like that from a skilled resource perspective. Yeah finland and sweden joined in 95 or something lol (keep up ;) )

Honestly, I was fine when it was 12 back in 1991ish, after that I lost count :D