PDA

View Full Version : Var

alfinyalcabo
03-08-2021, 08:54 PM
Some new changes apparently for this season,anybody seen what they are ?

Altobelli
03-08-2021, 09:24 PM
Not really taken any notice Alf as nomatter what they do they will Phuck it up just the same :(

The Bedlington Terrier
04-08-2021, 06:37 AM
Some new changes apparently for this season, anybody seen what they are ?

Toe-nail decisions and showing your nostrils on the TV line will no longer constitute being offside Alf, other than that it remains pretty much the same...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/02/var-set-to-end-premier-league-players-buying-a-penalty-next-season?utm_term=abeeec3ce01e198572fb22938aeab8c6&utm_campaign=TheFiver&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=fiver_email

sinkov
04-08-2021, 06:58 AM
I think I read they were trying to cut out the ludicrous penalty decisions as well, although to be fair they were getting on top of that towards the back end of last season.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-08-2021, 07:12 AM
Not really taken any notice Alf as nomatter what they do they will Phuck it up just the same :(

More f*cking nonsense Alto...
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/premier-league-s-new-var-rules-confirmed-ahead-of-new-season-with-major-changes/ar-AAMSokL?ocid=msedgntp

wanderlust
04-08-2021, 10:44 AM
I like VAR - we were relegated once instead of Everton on GD (1 goal) because of a ridiculous decision that VAR would have undoubtedly overturned. VAR is no nonsense, clean and accurate.
The real problem is the law and how it's applied and interpreted i.e. human error.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-08-2021, 10:57 AM
I like VAR - we were relegated once instead of Everton on GD (1 goal) because of a ridiculous decision that VAR would have undoubtedly overturned. VAR is no nonsense, clean and accurate.
The real problem is the law and how it's applied and interpreted i.e. human error.

My father-in-law is a true Notlob, and he is still livid about the Everton game and your consequent relegation.

wanderlust
04-08-2021, 11:14 AM
My father-in-law is a true Notlob, and he is still livid about the Everton game and your consequent relegation.

History might have been different but it's all water under the bridge now. We're a third tier side and grateful to still exist. Unlike Bury the poor buggers.

sinkov
04-08-2021, 11:54 AM

I've no problem with goal line technology that can tell you whether the ball has crossed the line or not, but VAR causes more problems than it solves, so they can bin it for me. I did think RU had it worked out but that's descended into farce now, the first half of the Lions game lasted, I think, 64 minutes last Saturday instead of the regulation 40. Most of that time seemed to be spent with three muppets stood together on the pitch, stroking their chins and looking up at a big screen. Fortunately for them there were no spectators, or they might have been advised to get their arses in gear and get on with the game.

Swissclaret
04-08-2021, 12:51 PM
I agree sinkov. The system worked well at the Euros. It is down to how it is being used in England. The remit was to use it for “clear and obvious errors”. How can it be either if it takes 5 minutes to reach a decision? That can be neither “clear” nor “obvious”. As well, matters were being referred for review where there was neither a clear nor obvious error. Borderline calls are not clear and obvious errors.

I would rather they focused on cheating, handing out yellow cards for simulation. Players gone down under a breath of wind, no penalty is given, therefore the player dived or fell over his own feet. The referee waves play on. That is more a clear and obvious error (not booking the cheat) than being a toenail offside.