PDA

View Full Version : Millers v Donny

millertop
23-08-2021, 07:32 AM
Saturday KO 1pm again

Exit I’m presuming will be same, hopefully the club and stewards :mad: are on same page about that.

Get in early ffs but don’t all turn up at once >;)I’ve not had a problem with scanner

Got to get this one right Warney, can’t think what some will be saying if you don’t >;) (off with his head)

Will it be a sell out?

I’m not going to even bother commenting on concourse bar :blue:

millertop
23-08-2021, 04:12 PM
MARTIN COY

Hristo Karaivanov and Kenwyn Hughes

Fourth Official : Richard Woodward

Lolmorgan
23-08-2021, 04:22 PM
Writings on the wall mate Doncaster have not won a game yet. XD

Brin
23-08-2021, 06:08 PM
Writings on the wall mate Doncaster have not won a game yet. XD

Too true! I can hear the knives being sharpened as I type. 🤣

Back of the net
23-08-2021, 06:27 PM
It’s got a defeat written all over this game.
Hope I’m wrong.

Ronners
23-08-2021, 07:06 PM
Dont mind Donny as a club, even though more than a few of them seem to hate us, but that's their problem not mine.
I go racing there a few times a year and a cracking night out round Donny, and with it being another Derby match I would expect another close game, they haven't started too well but had a good draw against pompey at the weekend so we need to be at our best. UTM

Scum-Triumphant
23-08-2021, 07:18 PM
Joe Newell’s 97th minute penalty is one of my favourite NYS moments.

gm_gm
23-08-2021, 07:22 PM
Hope Gimli doesn’t oremformthm

millertop
23-08-2021, 07:24 PM
It’s got a defeat written all over this game.
Hope I’m wrong.

I’m feeling same tbh

CAMiller
23-08-2021, 07:30 PM
Hope Gimli doesn’t oremformthm

I agree :?

gm_gm
23-08-2021, 07:55 PM
I agree :? XD

That’s dwarfish for score

millertop
25-08-2021, 12:44 PM
Apparently Donny fans are banned from pubs in Rotherham

Won’t stop any fighting if you ask me but hopefully most of us won’t see it

millertop
26-08-2021, 09:54 AM
Adam Oxley
@adam3oxley
·
5m
#rufc boss Paul Warne says Chiedozie Ogbene’s hamstring injury isn’t as bad as first thought; will miss #drfc game but hoping for a swift recovery. Curtis Tilt played against #sufc behind closed doors midweek and will play against #drfc in the
@PapaJohnsTrophy
Adam Oxley
@adam3oxley
·
6m
#rufc boss Paul Warne says he has no new absentees for the #drfc game. Shane Ferguson will miss training today with a foot knock but should train tomorrow and be involved this weekend.

millers88
26-08-2021, 10:47 AM
They're struggling to sell out the away end apparently which would be shocking. Still should be 10k plus crowd though.

millertop
26-08-2021, 11:49 AM
They're struggling to sell out the away end apparently which would be shocking. Still should be 10k plus crowd though.

Can’t believe they’re not selling out, are they scared? ;D

I’m more worried that we won’t win tbh, hope Miller is on instead of Sadlier

flourbasher
26-08-2021, 12:16 PM
We don't sell out either though

A few years ago we gave the trotters the minimum 1200 in the corner.
Tony doesn't even wait now, if an away team wants 2500 or so then they are given that allocation

millers88
26-08-2021, 05:10 PM
We don't sell out either though

A few years ago we gave the trotters the minimum 1200 in the corner.
Tony doesn't even wait now, if an away team wants 2500 or so then they are given that allocation

It was the first time in years and at NYS that we played against Wednesday in league that season which was the reason the demand was high and we had fans in the south stand. I think our stadium capacity is spot on for us if it's not full then it's not far off against anybody in league which you can't say for other clubs.

millers88
26-08-2021, 05:13 PM
Can’t believe they’re not selling out, are they scared? ;D

I’m more worried that we won’t win tbh, hope Miller is on instead of Sadlier

I like to have players on against their former club they tend to perform better and for me Sadlier was playing on the wrong side against Wednesday, he's better on the left side and cutting inside and his right foot. For me I would play Sadlier left side and Miller on right.

flourbasher
26-08-2021, 05:31 PM
It was the first time in years and at NYS that we played against Wednesday in league that season which was the reason the demand was high and we had fans in the south stand. I think our stadium capacity is spot on for us if it's not full then it's not far off against anybody in league which you can't say for other clubs.

Maybe for routine matches but for big games vs local finals we should be getting an extra 1000 fans .
We don't anymore which is disappointing

ilikecarling
26-08-2021, 06:11 PM

Don’t know why it’s shocking now in all honesty. Those gypos from up the m18 have always been poorly supported. Remember them never filling the railway end then us filling there ground. There pre conference supporters think there a decent club after go upto to the championship when in reality there toss with a rubbish support.

avondalemiller
26-08-2021, 08:58 PM

Lady in the Millers shop today said that only 1500 had been sold.

gru
27-08-2021, 08:29 AM
Don't know how we can it play tomorrow. Talk of playing Miller on the right not for me I'd play Edmunds Green there. I'd go
Vickers
Ihiekwe Cooper Harding
Edmunds Green Wiles Lindsay Rathbone Ferguson
Sadlier
Smith

Yes Vickers after last week. Let's see what Cooper can do Ihiekwe & Harding two good players to learn off.

MillersTime
27-08-2021, 08:44 AM
You don't drop a goalkeeper after one error handling the ball. Viktor has been great for us since coming into the team, he will learn from it and bounce back. You show faith in someone, constant desire for making knee jerk calls is so wide of the mark it makes our front line look prolific.

We play them in the Papa Johns Trophy thing after this, see what Cooper can do then. Obviously.

Derbymiller
27-08-2021, 09:49 AM
sadlier behind Smith is a no brainer for me, his old club in his favourite position, should bring out the best in him and having a partner that works with Smith will bring more ourt of Smith and enable the midfielders to support an attack, Kayode runs around a lot and closes down, he is young so has a lot to learn but he rarely wins headers, he is offside a lot, has no end product Ladapo is not a good partner for Smith they rarely combine tend to be a long way away from each other.
Miller on the right would work he played well in pre-season, what we don't want is warne sticking Wiles out there he has played very well in the middle, we need a win and there is a rest after this game so play Wood in the centre of teh back three.

mellowmiller
27-08-2021, 10:11 AM
Don't know how we can it play tomorrow. Talk of playing Miller on the right not for me I'd play Edmunds Green there. I'd go
Vickers
Ihiekwe Cooper Harding
Sadlier
Smith

Yes Vickers after last week. Let's see what Cooper can do Ihiekwe & Harding two good players to learn off.

Have you ever thought of doing stand up? You could have Lamy and Bailley-King as your stooges.

gru
27-08-2021, 10:56 AM
Have you ever thought of doing stand up? You could have Lamy and Bailley-King as your stooges.

He's more a straight man but Warney best at club he's saying we are playing well & believes it! I've never been convinced about Victor let's see what Vickers can do. We are short of centre backs Harding isn't really one let's see what Cooper can do. I can't have Miller as a right wing back I hate see players cutting inside all the time.

Beaufighter
27-08-2021, 12:05 PM
We are playing well by and large, have you actually been to any games? What we aren’t doing is scoring which a real worry.

Scum-Triumphant
27-08-2021, 12:27 PM
Vickers
Ihiekwe Cooper Harding
Sadlier
Smith

We are bound to win with 12 players.

When did we re-sign Paul Green.

millertop
27-08-2021, 12:30 PM
Vickers
Ihiekwe Cooper Harding
Sadlier
Smith

Lol Gru, definitely on a wind up here ;D

gru
27-08-2021, 12:32 PM
We are playing well by and large, have you actually been to any games? What we aren’t doing is scoring which a real worry.

Seen 3 out 4 games played 4 incl' caribou cup. Last Saturday was worst performance so much wrong. We have no natural wing backs no fit left back to play 4 at the back. Poor management or recruitment. Caribou cup Edmunds Green looked comfortable on the right going forward that's why to me looks best option to play right wing back. Sadlier he's no winger but there's goals in him playing in no. 10 role behind Smith.

millertop
27-08-2021, 12:33 PM
Seen 3 out 4 games played 4 incl' caribou cup. Last Saturday was worst performance so much wrong. We have no natural wing backs no fit left back to play 4 at the back. Poor management or recruitment. Caribou cup Edmunds Green looked comfortable on the right going forward that's why to me looks best option to play right wing back. Sadlier he's no winger but there's goals in him playing in no. 10 role behind Smith.

Correct Sadlier is definitely not a wing back, I’m sure he’s already said he wants to leave

Beaufighter
27-08-2021, 01:12 PM
When I heard someone has indicated they’d like to go, I thought of Sadlier straight away. Not gonna argue about performance last Saturday gru, not cos I agree, just because life’s too short. Let’s hope we pick up the points tomorrow.

millertop
27-08-2021, 01:20 PM
When I heard someone has indicated they’d like to go, I thought of Sadlier straight away. Not gonna argue about performance last Saturday gru, not cos I agree, just because life’s too short. Let’s hope we pick up the points tomorrow.

He’ll probably have a great game tomorrow😂

gru
27-08-2021, 01:49 PM
4-5-1 tomorrow

Victor
Edmunds Green Ihiekwe Harding Ferguson
Wiles Barlaser Lindsay Rathbone Miller
Smith

Wiles wide right but like rest of that side wide players playing on their natural side.

Scum-Triumphant
27-08-2021, 03:59 PM
4-5-1 tomorrow

Victor
Edmunds Green Ihiekwe Harding Ferguson
Wiles Barlaser Lindsay Rathbone Miller
Smith

Wiles wide right but like rest of that side wide players playing on their natural side.

So you was taking the piss with your team this morning?

MillersTime
27-08-2021, 04:18 PM
He’ll probably have a great game tomorrow��

Worst thing he has done this season is score that great free kick against Accrington. Makes too many still believe there is a player there for us.

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-08-2021, 05:37 PM
Easy win tomorrow, no sweat

Scum-Triumphant
27-08-2021, 05:56 PM
Easy win tomorrow, no sweat

Agreed. 3-0.

Ronners
27-08-2021, 06:39 PM
As I said earlier on this thread, I dont mind donny as a club and will shout for them unless they are playing us or we dont want them to get a result against someone else. However, I do think they are struggling big time with injuries, unless Richie Wellens is playing it up big time, so if they are truly struggling then considering we absolutely murdered Wednesday last week and got mugged, then this could prove a fruitful day for us.
As for them not filling their end, that could be a mixture of ours and their idiots totally spoiling it last time at our place, or it could be a mixture of that and their injury problems that maybe make some think it's not worth coming.
It's a derby match so form normally goes out the window so I'd still expect a close game tomorrow. UTM

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-08-2021, 09:10 PM
Donny though could teach Tony Stewart a lesson.

When you build a new ground then look after it, otherwise it could end up looking shabby like the Keepmoat

wendun
28-08-2021, 06:39 AM
Last chance for Warne imo. Nothing less than 3:0 will do for me or I'll be calling for Coco's head.

Brin
28-08-2021, 07:10 AM
Last chance for Warne imo. Nothing less than 3:0 will do for me or I'll be calling for Coco's head.

If he wins 1-0 it’s still 3 points so why the demand of 3-0?

Ronners
28-08-2021, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=wendun;39854738]Last chance for Warne imo. Nothing less than 3:0 will do for me or I'll be calling for Coco's head.[/QUOTE

Its uncanny, last week you mentioned Charlie Cairoli and I instantly thought of you, and now you mention Coco and again I instantly thought of you. We could be twins separated at birth, although obviously I would be Schwarzenegger. UTM

Brin
28-08-2021, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=wendun;39854738]Last chance for Warne imo. Nothing less than 3:0 will do for me or I'll be calling for Coco's head.[/QUOTE

Its uncanny, last week you mentioned Charlie Cairoli and I instantly thought of you, and now you mention Coco and again I instantly thought of you. We could be twins separated at birth, although obviously I would be Schwarzenegger. UTM

🤣🤣

pip_y
28-08-2021, 08:03 AM
Rare trip, in Hospitality today. Bit early for a 3 course lunch at 10.45! No breakfast at the hotel methinks.

thaimillerfan
28-08-2021, 10:39 AM
We need a goal scorer and we havent got one yet. Until we do get one we will struggle to win.

pip_y
29-08-2021, 05:35 PM
We need a goal scorer and we havent got one yet. Until we do get one we will struggle to win.

I’ve heard Smith can score occasionally!

millertop
29-08-2021, 05:48 PM
Incoming

avondalemiller
29-08-2021, 06:48 PM
Incoming

.........but is it outgoing aswell???

flourbasher
29-08-2021, 06:48 PM
Incoming

Incoming bids or
Incoming player?

millertop
30-08-2021, 07:36 AM
Rob Staton
@robstaton
· Aug 28
Tony Stewart: “Michael Smith is like a son to me… unless someone comes with silly money, MS won’t be one of those leaving.”

On whether any new signings will be made before deadline day: “I think there might be a surprise”

flourbasher
30-08-2021, 08:00 AM
Thanks for that MT
Seems like positive news

caytonmiller
30-08-2021, 08:54 AM
Finally Doris will be replaced. Any news on the new tea lady's name? I've heard whispers it's Margaret from accounts