0-0
0-0
0-1
0-1
1-0
0-1

tHeArAb
11-09-2021, 06:02 PM
Tbf it's still better than his Utd successors record at this moment in time.

Arabdownsouth
11-09-2021, 06:11 PM
Tbf it's still better than his Utd successors record at this moment in time.

Is it? Doesn't look that way to me

shedka
11-09-2021, 06:54 PM
Either way, I'm much happier with Courts incharge than I was MM, just feels better overall imo, still early days and will be bumps in the road as we've already seen but I sense the team enjoy it more and prefer TC

ahlltanyirhide
11-09-2021, 06:55 PM
Either way, I'm much happier with Courts incharge than I was MM, just feels better overall imo, still early days and will be bumps in the road as we've already seen but I sense the team enjoy it more and prefer TC

Definitely

ahlltanyirhide
11-09-2021, 06:56 PM
Looks like he has taken the goal scoring record down there

Their league results so far

P7 F2 A3

1-0
0-0
0-0
0-1
0-1
1-0
0-1

Wonder if he’s got them playing fast flowing attacking football yet 😳

tHeArAb
11-09-2021, 06:59 PM
Is it? Doesn't look that way to me

Scored 2 conceded 3. We've scored 2 conceded 4.

shedka
11-09-2021, 07:04 PM
2 in 5 is better than 2 in 7 tbf but early for these scoring comparisons, not really fussed if we are free scoring, just we need to be more clinical with the chances that come our way, that will hopefully come in the coming weeks

tHeArAb
11-09-2021, 07:20 PM
2 in 5 is better than 2 in 7 tbf but early for these scoring comparisons, not really fussed if we are free scoring, just we need to be more clinical with the chances that come our way, that will hopefully come in the coming weeks

Hence 'at this moment in time' albeit they've played two more games. We don't need to be free scoring but we do need to score. We'd scored twice as many this time last season. You'd like to think the addition of Niskanen and the return of Appere will push us on in the 'for' column as you say.

Arabdownsouth
11-09-2021, 07:22 PM
Scored 2 conceded 3. We've scored 2 conceded 4.

Ah I see, we're only looking at the goalscoring record and not the points per game ratio. Points make prizes though.

JUSTaway
11-09-2021, 07:27 PM
There definitely an attempt to play a better brand of football under Courts, but I wouldn't be critical of Melon, he did the job asked in difficult circumstances. Single biggest reason for the lack of goals last couple of seasons is the quality of the players. Lets hope with return of players from injury and new signings it gels, still don't really rate our strikers tbh.

Shedboy1971
11-09-2021, 08:17 PM
Much better this season in my opinion and I just wish we have a proven goalscorer or that mcnulty turns into that

Whitfieldarab
11-09-2021, 08:42 PM

Really? I take it you weren't at the game today? Not awful but absolutely average, both teams average, a game where it looked like both teams were accepting a draw from the 1st whistle.

I honestly don't know why anyone can differentiate between Mellon and Courts when on the field nothing has really changed!!

LSArab
11-09-2021, 09:08 PM
I really like Mellon - very grateful that he steadied the ship and kept us up last season.

I have been very pleasantly surprised by big Tam too

Glass definitely half full atm

tHeArAb
11-09-2021, 09:15 PM
5 games in. I'm not jumping to any conclusions just yet. We looked excellent this time last season then it all went to f*ck. Today was just like watching one of last seasons games. That said, we've had a better start than I imagined under Courts.

Whitfieldarab
08-10-2021, 09:00 PM
Not one for bumping threads but MM has won 5 and drawn 1 of the 6 matches since this thread so well done to him. In the league he his team has scored 8 and let in 4 from 11 games.......he is known down South as the Tam Courts of lge twoXD

shedka
08-10-2021, 09:17 PM
Seems like the club for him, he didn't fit here imo, Not one player at Utd would have him back over TC, and doubt many fans would, which is good for us of course

Benji the latest guest on the dutv Wednesday night at the club (formerly Friday night) to hint at that (after Pawlett and Liam Smith previously all but said they were glad to see the back of mm and his touchline shouting the same things on repeat), Benji was asked Micky Mellon or Robbie Neilson? Hesitated to think about it then one of the presenters said Csaba? Benji said "don't mention him" then replied with Tam Courts

arab777
09-10-2021, 07:23 AM
Shock horror he has gone one better than United 2 goals in 1 game. A veritable goal feast. :O

He didn't have a reputation for a cautious style of play when he arrived at United. It looks like he stumbled on that formula at United.

He gave us Edwards. Something we should be thankful for.

tHeArAb
09-10-2021, 07:31 AM
Shock horror he has gone one better than United 2 goals in 1 game. A veritable goal feast. :O

He didn't have a reputation for a cautious style of play when he arrived at United. It looks like he stumbled on that formula at United.

He gave us Edwards. Something we should be thankful for.
Absolutely. I've said before, the one player we can say with a fair amount of confidence was 100% the managers signing and what a player he is! One of our best centre halves in years.

bannon_ftd_83
09-10-2021, 12:17 PM
That last season was absolutely disgusting to watch. The man had zero belief in what was a decent squad and played the worst football i have ever seen us play. No desire to even create a chance or win a game most of the time. Glad the club saw what was happening and got rid of him.

stokearab
09-10-2021, 12:34 PM
That last season was absolutely disgusting to watch. The man had zero belief in what was a decent squad and played the worst football i have ever seen us play. No desire to even create a chance or win a game most of the time. Glad the club saw what was happening and got rid of him.

And that shouting at the players throughout 90 minutes. If it hasn't happened already one of his own players is going to walk over to the dugout and smack him 😎

ballumbie_arab
09-10-2021, 03:04 PM
And that shouting at the players throughout 90 minutes. If it hasn't happened already one of his own players is going to walk over to the dugout and smack him 😎

To be honest, he did what he was asked to do, can’t complain (even if the fitba was eye bleeding), and genuinely wanted to see what he would do (fresh) this season. However, hearing the views of some of the players, seems we dodged a bullet, and while i knew Tam was a risk, he was less of a concern to me, than improving the playing staff. Thankfully that has been well (and patiently) addressed, and most need to eat humble pie (at the criticism aimed at Tony at that time), and it would appear the team back Tam 100%. All good and long may that continue, I just wish the club had better comms with the fans!

stokearab
09-10-2021, 03:20 PM
To be honest, he did what he was asked to do, can’t complain (even if the fitba was eye bleeding), and genuinely wanted to see what he would do (fresh) this season. However, hearing the views of some of the players, seems we dodged a bullet, and while i knew Tam was a risk, he was less of a concern to me, than improving the playing staff. Thankfully that has been well (and patiently) addressed, and most need to eat humble pie (at the criticism aimed at Tony at that time), and it would appear the team back Tam 100%. All good and long may that continue, I just wish the club had better comms with the fans!

Agree 100% there's no doubt MM did what was needed so credit where credit is due. Hopefully we're moving to that next level now.

offshore_arab83
09-10-2021, 03:21 PM
Benji the latest guest on the dutv Wednesday night at the club (formerly Friday night) to hint at that (after Pawlett and Liam Smith previously all but said they were glad to see the back of mm and his touchline shouting the same things on repeat),

what did they say mate, i've not heard about this lol

bannon_ftd_83
09-10-2021, 03:39 PM

If he did what he was asked to do he would still be here.

ballumbie_arab
09-10-2021, 04:40 PM
If he did what he was asked to do he would still be here.

Not if he was tapped by Tranmere..

bannon_ftd_83
09-10-2021, 05:23 PM
Not if he was tapped by Tranmere..

:D

GUNBOAT
11-10-2021, 07:30 PM
I look back on MM's tenure and feel he panicked after the two 4-0 results away to The Rangers and Killie.Its fair to say the football after that was nothing short of dreadful.
We have an amazing amount of points given our goals for tally but fair play to Tam he has surpassed all my expectations and although its very very early days i'm more than happy to eat humble pie every week on here as long as it takes.

LSArab
11-10-2021, 08:03 PM
Credit where it’s due. Micky M came in a week or two before season, he kept us up in our first season with covid etc.

Job done and I am happy with his contribution

I also read his book which was not bad !!

shedka
11-10-2021, 09:13 PM
what did they say mate, i've not heard about this lol

Pawlett episode
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKc5VX9hCI
L Smith episode (with a good wee segment of Mark and Scott Ogren answering questions)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fTBtDsYER8I
Benji episode
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlwk2kAAT5g

bannon_ftd_83
12-10-2021, 11:04 PM
Pawlett episode
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKc5VX9hCI
L Smith episode (with a good wee segment of Mark and Scott Ogren answering questions)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fTBtDsYER8I
Benji episode
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlwk2kAAT5g

Not seen these before just watched Liam Smith and Ogrens one was a good watch cheers Shedka.

Jim_Jam
21-03-2023, 10:36 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65008611