PDA

View Full Version : O/t: Dazn.

TerryTheTerror
23-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Interesting if it goes ahead...

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/bt-share-price-dazn-bt-sport-len-blavatnik-premier-league-kevin-mayer-b956480.html

japanarab
23-09-2021, 11:54 AM
Can't speak highly enough of DAZN coverage over here. Obviously they won't be able to show every game like they do here. One thing I'd be interested to see is if they stick with their model that's here. i.e. no half time analysts etc which must save on costs which in turn keeps costs down. One great thing is being able to go to anyone elses place and just stream it to their TV.

TerryTheTerror
24-09-2021, 07:48 AM
It'll be interesting to see what this means if it happens. Are they effectively just buying the rights that BT Sport currently has to then use as they see fit or (possibly more likely) run it as it currently stands with a rebrand (I guess BT Sport will have contacts with presenters et cetera).

Arabdownsouth
25-09-2021, 05:25 AM
It'll be interesting to see what this means if it happens. Are they effectively just buying the rights that BT Sport currently has to then use as they see fit or (possibly more likely) run it as it currently stands with a rebrand (I guess BT Sport will have contacts with presenters et cetera).

I currently get BT sports free on my phone as part of my EE contract, I'd imagine that'll now soon be up the wall 😕

TerryTheTerror
25-09-2021, 06:51 AM
I currently get BT sports free on my phone as part of my EE contract, I'd imagine that'll now soon be up the wall 😕

Probably not as I'd imagine any existing contracts will need to be honoured (or a financial settlement reached to terminate).