PDA

View Full Version : Sliding Doors moment?

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 01:37 PM
Looking at the current ownership of Notts and Wrexham respectively, I wonder whether the Brothers Reedtz ever regret deciding to buy Notts rather than Wrexham? Perhaps if they had bought the Welsh club the Hollywood owners might have bought Notts.

I really hope the Reedtz chapter in Notts history turns out to be one of success but it is always interesting to wonder how differently things might have turned out. For what it's worth, I'm very happy to have our current owners.

crazyfists
28-09-2021, 01:42 PM
I think they'll be happy they own Notts, it's a great club with a good fanbase and the potential to grow. Also we are known as the oldest professional club and this does carry some weight, not anything useful but people at home often say Notts County when I see it asked in quizzes for example and abroad people know us. Also we have the Juventus connection which I think has been criminally under exploited over the years. The only issue is getting out this league, once we do I believe we'll go up again to league one but I feel they, like us are frustrated at the moment.

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 01:51 PM
I think they'll be happy they own Notts, it's a great club with a good fanbase and the potential to grow. Also we are known as the oldest professional club and this does carry some weight, not anything useful but people at home often say Notts County when I see it asked in quizzes for example and abroad people know us. Also we have the Juventus connection which I think has been criminally under exploited over the years. The only issue is getting out this league, once we do I believe we'll go up again to league one but I feel they, like us are frustrated at the moment.

Yes I think you're right, plus the potential catchment in the East Midlands is huge and the trains to London are easier! It seems to have been a very quick change of mind though, with just four days between the registration of the company they used to buy Notts and the change of the company name from Wrexham Limited. I'm confident they feel they made the right choice though.

OP67
28-09-2021, 02:30 PM
I'm glad we have owners with a football background in some way and know how to make a football club sustainable. Rather than the circus that surrounds Wrexham.

crazyfists
28-09-2021, 02:32 PM
I didn't know they were going to buy Wrexham so maybe you're right although think we're still overall the better club if both went up to go further. I think whoever they bought then they might think we should have bought a league 2 club ha ha, this division is a killer. I know it's only 2 up but it seems also to not really follow any kind of pattern, it's really dog eat dog. You think you'll be out of here quickly but you get dragged into the tedium.

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 02:34 PM
I'm glad we have owners with a football background in some way and know how to make a football club sustainable. Rather than the circus that surrounds Wrexham.

Me too!

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 02:36 PM
I didn't know they were going to buy Wrexham so maybe you're right although think we're still overall the better club if both went up to go further. I think whoever they bought then they might think we should have bought a league 2 club ha ha, this division is a killer. I know it's only 2 up but it seems also to not really follow any kind of pattern, it's really dog eat dog. You think you'll be out of here quickly but you get dragged into the tedium.

To be fair, I don't know that they were either, I've made the assumption based on their previous choice of their company name, which is now simply 'Reedtz Limited', but it would seem a good bet.

crazyfists
28-09-2021, 03:25 PM
I think you're right mate, sounds right and Wrexham also have a good history with potential to grow. I think they might have thought buying Notts was a no brainer and we'd be straight back up but alas no.

matt_magpie
28-09-2021, 04:51 PM
I think you're right mate, sounds right and Wrexham also have a good history with potential to grow. I think they might have thought buying Notts was a no brainer and we'd be straight back up but alas no.

Don’t think they did think we’d go straight back up. I’m pretty sure they knew it was one up and a tough league to get out of. The only thing they might regret with buying us is with brexit quashing their whole model around buying undervalued overseas players.

Chicken Balti Pie
28-09-2021, 05:26 PM
Looking at the current ownership of Notts and Wrexham respectively, I wonder whether the Brothers Reedtz ever regret deciding to buy Notts rather than Wrexham? Perhaps if they had bought the Welsh club the Hollywood owners might have bought Notts.

I really hope the Reedtz chapter in Notts history turns out to be one of success but it is always interesting to wonder how differently things might have turned out. For what it's worth, I'm very happy to have our current owners.

Wouldn't necessarily have been Hollywood but Gerard Pique put in an offer for Notts. Player Chairman anyone?

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 05:45 PM
Wouldn't necessarily have been Hollywood but Gerard Pique put in an offer for Notts. Player Chairman anyone?

Yes that one could have been interesting!

maddogslater
28-09-2021, 05:57 PM
Honestly I feel a little underwhelmed with bros.

laddo
28-09-2021, 06:09 PM
Honestly I feel a little underwhelmed with bros.

Is that because they haven't spent say 6 figures on a couple of impressive signings like similar sized clubs and promotion rivals have?

Or is it for other reasons mds?

maddogslater
28-09-2021, 06:19 PM
I thought in our third season down here we at least might have a stronger team than the one that finished the first, I don’t think we have and we look weaker than the one that finished the second.

Chicken Balti Pie
28-09-2021, 06:28 PM
I thought in our third season down here we at least might have a stronger team than the one that finished the first, I don’t think we have and we look weaker than the one that finished the second.

The first season we finished with:

GK - Slocombe
RB - Brindley
CB - Lacey
CB - Rawlinson
LB - McCrory/ Cardiff Loan

RW - Enzio
LW - Roberts
CM - Rose/ O'Brien
CM - Doyle

ST - Wootton
ST - Dennis/ Thomas

The only real weakening is in our options up front, central midfield depending on who gets selected have improved in my opinion.

upthemaggies
28-09-2021, 07:11 PM
Saturday v Woking might be the beginning of an amazing run that sees us climb into 1st place and stay there, Dover might put a run together that sees them ultimately avoid relegation. As of today however, I'd swap our owners for Wrexham's owners in a heart-beat, I'd probably swap our owners for the vast majority of chairman above us in the pyramid.

We are getting worse under the Reedtz bros, there is no argument about that, it's a stone cold fact. Last season we finished lower in the table and got knocked out at an earlier stage in the play offs than 2019/20.
This week, it's been confirmed what we've probably all suspected - deep down - since the day Burchnall was appointed. The owners are, relatively speaking, skint.

If they haven't got the football nous either, then - tragically - we are still yet to hit rock bottom and that is not going to be pretty.

COYP

crazyfists
28-09-2021, 07:26 PM
Don’t think they did think we’d go straight back up. I’m pretty sure they knew it was one up and a tough league to get out of. The only thing they might regret with buying us is with brexit quashing their whole model around buying undervalued overseas players.

Maybe not straight back up but we are one of the strongest in the league off the field and they would have expected us to go up if not year one then in year two.

laddo
28-09-2021, 07:27 PM
"We've probably all suspected....."

Wow!

I don't know may chairmen/owners above us in the football pyramid but compared to Trew and Hardy we are rich rich rich and more importantly paying the milk bill.

crazyfists
28-09-2021, 07:31 PM
I'm not privy to the financial situation of most owners so were Barrow, Harrogate, Sutton and Hartlepool any better off? I doubt all of them were, just better managed.

Elite_Pie
28-09-2021, 07:40 PM
Saturday v Woking might be the beginning of an amazing run that sees us climb into 1st place and stay there, Dover might put a run together that sees them ultimately avoid relegation. As of today however, I'd swap our owners for Wrexham's owners in a heart-beat, I'd probably swap our owners for the vast majority of chairman above us in the pyramid.

Bloody hell UTM I thought I was glass half empty where Notts are concerned! Given the chance, I'd probably swap with Wrexham on the basis that they've got more cash than we seem to have, and bailing out when things get tough would damage their owners reputation, which even at this level might count for something in Hollywood. Saying that, I'm glad we've got the Reedtz Brothers even if their finances may be limited. I'd rather have a club in Division 5 than be a Bury or Macclesfield fan, and I admit I know nothing about the merits of the chairmen of the clubs above us in the pyramid.

We are getting worse under the Reedtz bros, there is no argument about that, it's a stone cold fact. Last season we finished lower in the table and got knocked out at an earlier stage in the play offs than 2019/20.

As you say, that is a fact and it can't be easily ignored. This season should tell us a lot about whether we're happy to remain a nicely solvent top 7 tier 5 club, or whether we should hope for better. Personally, I hope for better in the full realisation that this is a difficult league to get out of. Building for the future sounds great on paper, but not if "the future" turns out to be years away. Even though we deserve to be here, I will never accept that this division is now our place.

Elite_Pie
28-09-2021, 07:59 PM
I don't know may chairmen/owners above us in the football pyramid but compared to Trew and Hardy we are rich rich rich and more importantly paying the milk bill.

With the benefit of hindsight comparing our owners to Trew and Hardy is setting the bar rather low, and I'm not sure paying the milk bill on time is a big positive. I don't think many want us to spend money that we don't have, but I would find it hard to accept that given our attendances at this level, we become second class in a bidding war for a new player.

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 08:14 PM

This week, it's been confirmed what we've probably all suspected - deep down - since the day Burchnall was appointed. The owners are, relatively speaking, skint.

If they haven't got the football nous either, then - tragically - we are still yet to hit rock bottom and that is not going to be pretty.

COYP

A HUUUUGE dollop of assumption there UTM! Good lord.

IB will not have been a bargain basement acquisition for a start.

In terms of how they run the club I'm much more in favour of this style (so far anyway, things can of course change over time) than the 'throw a few million borrowed or non-existent quid in and then walk away leaving the club on fire if it doesn't work' brigade.

Reedtz IN for me.

laddo
28-09-2021, 08:48 PM
I think there is always a chance of being second class in a bidding war for a new player if against a club who are (potentially) recklessly overspending and officially "going for it" that season. Anyone else at this level we should definitely be financially very competitive.

When we signed Enzio and Dennis I'm sure we made a few other teams in that league look second class and blew them out of the water with out offers for each.

Oh and paying the 'milk bill on time' isn't a big positive i'd say it's a necessity of any owner ;)

Oh Alan XD

queenslandpie
28-09-2021, 09:12 PM

COYP

Good grief! The aquisition of Cameron was certainly not cheap. I don't think that the owners are skint but its clear they are not people who throw money away either. Chucking a load of money at the academy is not the actions of someone who is 'skint' either. We were certainly getting worse under Ardley there can be no argument about that. I am still hoping we have turned a corner since he left. Time will tell. I can say hand on heart I would not swap our owners for Wrexhams. We've been through all of that before and in the long term it certainly did NOT benefit us. I am honestly wondering if your account has been hacked by Elite Pie!

51Magpie
28-09-2021, 10:55 PM
It seems to have been a very quick change of mind though, with just four days between the registration of the company they used to buy Notts and the change of the company name from Wrexham Limited.

I thought you may have hooked someone with that, but nothing doing. Not a bad try though.

51Magpie
28-09-2021, 11:00 PM
Reedtz IN for me.

Me too, and I couldn't contemplate swapping our owners for Wrexham's. How fickle some folks can be.

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 11:20 PM
I thought you may have hooked someone with that, but nothing doing. Not a bad try though.

The change of company name from Wrexham Limited to Reedtz Limited was completed on the day the Notts takeover was announced as complete. Perhaps I have put 2 and 2 together and made 5 but it seems reasonably logical?

ForeignLegion
28-09-2021, 11:27 PM
If you’re ever feeling to upbeat and need calming down a bit, a quick call to upthemaggies should rectify that. About as negative and miserable as you can get.

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 11:34 PM
If you’re ever feeling to upbeat and need calming down a bit, a quick call to upthemaggies should rectify that. About as negative and miserable as you can get.

Yes he certainly seems to have swung dramatically to the pessimistic side of late doesn't he? I don't remember him being so down on everything Notts until quite recently. Hope all's well.

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 01:18 AM
A HUUUUGE dollop of assumption there UTM! Good lord.

IB will not have been a bargain basement acquisition for a start.

In terms of how they run the club I'm much more in favour of this style (so far anyway, things can of course change over time) than the 'throw a few million borrowed or non-existent quid in and then walk away leaving the club on fire if it doesn't work' brigade.

Reedtz IN for me.
Completely agree..!

ThaiPie
29-09-2021, 05:29 AM
I'm more interested in drawing parallels with Chesterfield. They seemed pretty average during the first half of last season, and then really got going under a new manager.
In the recent fans forum, IB indicated Chesterfield made a blockbusting bid for Miller. Do they have petrol money, or a couple of Bollywood star investors. Or even mining companies from North Korea?

TSANHO
29-09-2021, 06:24 AM
I like the ‘sliding doors moment’ idea! It is worth noting that in the film both scenarios ended up the same though…if memory serves me right!? Is the future already written, or decided moment upon moment?

It feels like Notts as a club are going through something of a rebirth, slowly rising from the ashes. As frustrating as it may be every building block the owners and manager are putting in place right now are setting solid foundations for our future, and for the enjoyment of our kids and grand kids.

I do believe we will rise again, though it may take a few years yet. My biggest fear is that the owners pull the plug and leave us down here, open for the likes of that Smurf fellah from Port Vale.

As much as I don’t like them I do worry for Chesterfield, the statement from the club saying they are ‘hopefully’ going to start receiving insurance funds in the near future screams future administration to me.

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 07:00 AM
I like the ‘sliding doors moment’ idea! It is worth noting that in the film both scenarios ended up the same though…if memory serves me right!? Is the future already written, or decided moment upon moment?

It feels like Notts as a club are going through something of a rebirth, slowly rising from the ashes. As frustrating as it may be every building block the owners and manager are putting in place right now are setting solid foundations for our future, and for the enjoyment of our kids and grand kids.

I do believe we will rise again, though it may take a few years yet. My biggest fear is that the owners pull the plug and leave us down here, open for the likes of that Smurf fellah from Port Vale.

As much as I don’t like them I do worry for Chesterfield, the statement from the club saying they are ‘hopefully’ going to start receiving insurance funds in the near future screams future administration to me.
OMG...I'm agreeing with tallyho..!

Jampie
29-09-2021, 07:30 AM
I feel like after a long run of bad luck with owners we've done well with the new ones.

Time will tell of course.

I don't for a moment think they were expecting a quick return to L2. Every time they've spoken and every action they've taken all point to a long term strategy.

I'm a bit worried about the brexit thing, but not keen to discuss it. Get enough politics as it is, come here for the football discussion.

crazyfists
29-09-2021, 07:39 AM

Strange post, Swale is not like that, not many do spend time on here trying to fool other posters, most just like to chat Notts, Swale especially.

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 07:48 AM
Strange post, Swale is not like that, not many do spend time on here trying to fool other posters, most just like to chat Notts, Swale especially.

The problem (good or bad) was that the owners invested to much time with Ardley going nowhere,they just showed faith and trust with the wrong manager.
The good thing about this is at least they have patience and don't bow to fan pressure,the bad thing is it has put their project behind schedule by leaving such a numpty in charge for far to long...other than than these guys are the muts nuts..!

laddo
29-09-2021, 07:49 AM

That's the dream.

I'm seriously hoping one dramatic post from UTM doesn't trigger a Reedtz In/Out debate. That would be very depressing at this point in time.

crazyfists
29-09-2021, 08:13 AM
That's the dream.

I'm seriously hoping one dramatic post from UTM doesn't trigger a Reedtz In/Out debate. That would be very depressing at this point in time.

I agree that the Reedtz are going along OK. We finished lower and went out earlier yes but I think under Ardley we weren't great alot of the time, suffered the players sulking abit and adapting to a more progressive style at first under IB which some really couldn't and then against Torquay in the playoffs I feel could have gone either way, we certainly weren't played off the park. This season, as I've been saying from day one, leagues get better in general every year as the teams push each other. Then we've had the big money spending of Chesterfield and ownership of Wrexham. I don't think we've got worse, it's a tougher league and we haven't over spent beyond our means. If that results in us steadily growing then so be it, we don't like being in this league but we really don't like being complete jokes as we have been under previous regimes.

I just always think back to Harrogate. I'm from and live in Leeds and they don't even register round here even though its only 20 miles away. I thought we'd show them what a real football club is and instead they showed and are continuing to show in League 2. I believe they were 7 years in the making of the team that took them up and whilst I'm not suggesting we'll be here 7 years as they also came from lower down (although momentum can take you far) it means for there's a place for us to build up. I've read I think Pedro or Tshano say we've got the building blocks in for the future, we now have solid foundations, this in the current lower league climate is more important than spunking money on big wages in my opinion as their way might work but if not they're ****ed. Our way we can just get ready for the next year and make small gains which hopefully result in us having a promotion team. I also believe once we have that team that it'll take us to League 1.

COYP

laddo
29-09-2021, 08:22 AM
Agree with all of that CF. Looking back both the Torquay and Chesterfield games could have gone either way. There is no doubt the one game at home to Barnet was far easier than the Chesterfield home, Torquay away combination as we rightly weren't rewarded for finishing 3rd. I always felt we would get playoffs under NA or NA/IB but not going to match the previous season's 3rd place finish.

Harrogate, although a very different club (history, size etc) to Notts are a very interesting case in point. As CF says built slowly over 7 years, deservedly promoted of much bigger clubs that season, finished 17th first season in L2 struggling a little throughout. Now sat in 3rd after 9 games in their second season.

Building blocks are key, a longer term approach is essential, you need the stars to align and maybe a touch a luck and you are deservedly up.

Anything other than overstretching, boom and bust is good with me. That option is risky, scary, and above all failed at NCFC more than once on modern times.

COYP

51Magpie
29-09-2021, 09:24 AM
The change of company name from Wrexham Limited to Reedtz Limited was completed on the day the Notts takeover was announced as complete. Perhaps I have put 2 and 2 together and made 5 but it seems reasonably logical?

Apologies, you're obviously better informed than I am. I'm now a bit puzzled though. Wrexham Limited is listed at companies house as a fast-food business in Rhyl that looks to have always been owned from inception in 2005 by Peter and Hai Ling Lam. That's company number 05359816.

Then there's Notts County Football Club Limited which seems to be the current incarnation, having been an off-the-shelf company created in 2003 and called Blenheim 1862 Limited until 2012. The Reedtz brothers were appointed directors of this entity, apparently the current football club, on 26th July 2019.

Sorry if I'm now starting a wild-goose chase but I'm now intrigued. I don't care about any muddying of the ownership waters by King/Munto, Trew or Hardy, but it's somehow disappointing to find that our owners may have regarded the choice between Notts and Wrexham as a coin-flip. There'd always be more to it than that in a negotiation obviously, but all the same...

Mapperleypie
29-09-2021, 10:11 AM

I'm struggling to find this on companies house Swale. What are the respective company numbers?

SwalePie
29-09-2021, 10:15 AM
Apologies, you're obviously better informed than I am. I'm now a bit puzzled though. Wrexham Limited is listed at companies house as a fast-food business in Rhyl that looks to have always been owned from inception in 2005 by Peter and Hai Ling Lam. That's company number 05359816.

Then there's Notts County Football Club Limited which seems to be the current incarnation, having been an off-the-shelf company created in 2003 and called Blenheim 1862 Limited until 2012. The Reedtz brothers were appointed directors of this entity, apparently the current football club, on 26th July 2019.

Sorry if I'm now starting a wild-goose chase but I'm now intrigued. I don't care about any muddying of the ownership waters by King/Munto, Trew or Hardy, but it's somehow disappointing to find that our owners may have regarded the choice between Notts and Wrexham as a coin-flip. There'd always be more to it than that in a negotiation obviously, but all the same...

You've apparently been attempting to find them in the wrong jurisdiction. Reedtz Limited, the vehicle used to purchase Notts, is an Isle of Man company, so you wouldn't find it on the Companies House register.

Killerkline
29-09-2021, 10:15 AM

I don’t understand the disappointment. They’re businessmen and, for whatever reason, elected to purchase Notts County. I’m incredibly happy they did and pleased/relieved the path we’re on. The fact they possibly/probably considered purchasing Wrexham, causes me no concern/unrest whatsoever.

SwalePie
29-09-2021, 10:20 AM
I'm struggling to find this on companies house Swale. What are the respective company numbers?

Isle of Man Limited Company number 017307V. They had an earlier company (Reedtz Football Ltd.) from 9th July too but that one was dissolved in 2020, basically unused.

SwalePie
29-09-2021, 10:27 AM
I don’t understand the disappointment. They’re businessmen and, for whatever reason, elected to purchase Notts County. I’m incredibly happy they did and pleased/relieved the path we’re on. The fact they possibly/probably considered purchasing Wrexham, causes me no concern/unrest whatsoever.

Me neither KK, if anything I'm happy that they appear to have decided that Notts is a better investment and put their money where their mouths are. No negatives to this as far as I can see. Two brothers went carefully looking for a club to buy and Notts had the best combination of current state and future potential at the right price. That's how it would appear to me at least.

countygump
29-09-2021, 12:32 PM

When and how was this confirmed?

I've ob missed something.

TSANHO
29-09-2021, 01:42 PM

Ditto, where has all this come from all of a sudden? Some rumour from the fans forum night Or something to do with records from companies house…I don’t get it.

Has UTM been on holiday with Durham Pie or something?

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 01:44 PM

Yes I'm confused aswell, please confirm how you know the owners are skint , bearing in mind they funded the club through lockdown with no income coming in through the gates and not having the need to furlough staff (like Cheat Town).!?...

Elite_Pie
29-09-2021, 02:05 PM

It may have come from the bit at the fans forum where Burchnall said something along the lines of "Chesterfield made Calvin Miller and offer which was way above what we could offer him". If we can't compete with the big spenders in this league, 'relatively skint' might not be too far from the truth in the sense that we have money, but nowhere near as much as them.

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 02:13 PM
It may have come from the bit at the fans forum where Burchnall said something along the lines of "Chesterfield made Calvin Miller and offer which was way above what we could offer him". If we can't compete with the big spenders in this league, 'relatively skint' might not be too far from the truth in the sense that we have money, but nowhere near as much as them.

Or maybe they have the money but aren't prepared to be held to ransom or play fiscal suicide looking at short term gain for long term pain...?

ncfcog
29-09-2021, 02:20 PM

I was buoyed by that statement. I don’t care what anyone says, breaking a wage structure for a player like Calvin Miller would have been ridiculous. Whether the owners are relatively skint or not means nothing as we can only go on what we know so far and what we know is we’ve not heard one thing relating to not paying suppliers, players, staff, HMRC etc and certainly haven’t heard a grumble about anything else from people within the club.

We don’t have a Mullin, a Tshimanga, a Madden or indeed a Miller but I’m not entirely sure we need them. We know we have a competitive squad, a squad that is much more balanced and sustainable than we’ve ever had for a long time. Time we stopped worrying about the ‘competition’ and just be grateful until proven otherwise that we have what on the face of it appears to be a sensibly run club.

the_anticlough
29-09-2021, 02:28 PM
I was buoyed by that statement. I don’t care what anyone says, breaking a wage structure for a player like Calvin Miller would have been ridiculous. Whether the owners are relatively skint or not means nothing as we can only go on what we know so far and what we know is we’ve not heard one thing relating to not paying suppliers, players, staff, HMRC etc and certainly haven’t heard a grumble about anything else from people within the club.

We don’t have a Mullin, a Tshimanga, a Madden or indeed a Miller but I’m not entirely sure we need them. We know we have a competitive squad, a squad that is much more balanced and sustainable than we’ve ever had for a long time. Time we stopped worrying about the ‘competition’ and just be grateful until proven otherwise that we have what on the face of it appears to be a sensibly run club.

Agree with all you say.
Still, not sure IB should have been advertising 'our close competitor pays quite a bit more than us'...
Miller took their offer....say no more :)
Thought I saw Kyle craning his neck around Doyle when IB said that, ha ha

ncfcog
29-09-2021, 02:33 PM
Agree with all you say.
Still, not sure IB should have been advertising 'our close competitor pays quite a bit more than us'...

Yeah probably said too much but suppose it just goes to show the transparent nature of his character which is nice to see.

queenslandpie
29-09-2021, 04:33 PM
Yeah probably said too much but suppose it just goes to show the transparent nature of his character which is nice to see.

I guess you need a sense of perspective. You of all people correct me if I am wrong but I read Miller in his 23 games had 3 assists and 1 goal for Notts. So hardly worth breaking the bank for on that basis. Kyle on the other hand....perhaps worth breaking the bank for.

drillerpie
29-09-2021, 04:49 PM
Or maybe they have the money but aren't prepared to be held to ransom or play fiscal suicide looking at short term gain for long term pain...?

That would be my best guess too.

Killerkline
29-09-2021, 05:06 PM
Agree with all you say.

I have no issue with this and, as you’ve eluded too, Miller chose Chesterfield which suggests their offer was better. Additionally, Chesterfield paid more in this situation. That doesn’t suggest it’s an ongoing theme. The club believed they could get better value for money elsewhere.

ncfcog
29-09-2021, 05:25 PM
I guess you need a sense of perspective. You of all people correct me if I am wrong but I read Miller in his 23 games had 3 assists and 1 goal for Notts. So hardly worth breaking the bank for on that basis. Kyle on the other hand....perhaps worth breaking the bank for.

Absolutely

countygump
29-09-2021, 05:25 PM

Reedtz Bros must have SOME money, Eli? How much do Notts lose every year? A mill, a mill and a half? You could easily argue that we're just being sensible rather than actually being skint. Will sensible get us promo tho? Who knows.

upthemaggies
29-09-2021, 05:32 PM
If Fword win tonight I'm going full on prophet of doom.

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 05:36 PM
🤣🤣🤣🤣

SwalePie
29-09-2021, 06:11 PM

:) Love it UTM!

Elite_Pie
29-09-2021, 06:45 PM
Reedtz Bros must have SOME money, Eli? How much do Notts lose every year? A mill, a mill and a half? You could easily argue that we're just being sensible rather than actually being skint. Will sensible get us promo tho? Who knows.

I should have made it clearer, but my post was just an attempt at interpreting UTM's "relatively skint" comment rather than my own opinion, and I could well be way off the mark. I get what he might be saying however, but I would probably have said "it seems that we're struggling to compete with the big spenders". That could be a good thing, because we all know that spending cash you haven't got often leads to big trouble.

Elite_Pie
29-09-2021, 07:14 PM

Now is the time to stick a few quid on a Forest win at 15/2.

If it happens, you will still be the prophet of doom, but also the prophet of profit.

queenslandpie
29-09-2021, 08:24 PM
Now is the time to stick a few quid on a Forest win at 15/2.

If it happens, you will still be the prophet of doom, but also the prophet of profit.

Looking good for that at the moment eLite! Although I am not sure how much more of the doom mongering I can take. Forest winning and him whinging are not good for the mind you know.

upthemaggies
29-09-2021, 08:30 PM
Think I'm gonna pop down St Annes and score some heroin.

Elite_Pie
29-09-2021, 08:36 PM
Looking good for that at the moment eLite! Although I am not sure how much more of the doom mongering I can take. Forest winning and him whinging are not good for the mind you know.

I'd say it's looking bad. My 888Sport account looks like gaining £37.50, but I would much prefer it to have lost a fiver.

queenslandpie
29-09-2021, 08:38 PM
I'd say it's looking bad. My 888Sport account looks like gaining £37.50, but I would much prefer it to have lost a fiver.

Overall I agree but it was an excellent punt. Perhaps you can use the winnings to fund UTM's impending new habit for a day? Although I am not sure how much heroin you get for 37.50 ( no pound sign on the key board apologies).

Elite_Pie
29-09-2021, 08:58 PM
Overall I agree but it was an excellent punt. Perhaps you can use the winnings to fund UTM's impending new habit for a day? Although I am not sure how much heroin you get for 37.50 ( no pound sign on the key board apologies).

Not sure on heroin prices, but I've worked out that £37.50 will buy me 65 pints of my favourite cider.

That's made me feel slightly better.

queenslandpie
29-09-2021, 09:50 PM
Not sure on heroin prices, but I've worked out that £37.50 will buy me 65 pints of my favourite cider.

That's made me feel slightly better.

Seems very cheap?

Elite_Pie
29-09-2021, 10:28 PM
Seems very cheap?

I'm a man of cheap tastes:

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-taurus-original-cider-2l/4088600227023

lunaspie
29-09-2021, 10:47 PM
Think I'm gonna pop down St Annes and score some heroin.

Somebody give him a smack !