PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's games...

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 08:00 PM
Chesterfield, Grimsby and Altrincham all winning so far...

Elite_Pie
28-09-2021, 08:21 PM
Looking a bit better now.

Grimsby losing 2-1 and down to 10 men, Woking equalise against Chesterfield.

Notts78
28-09-2021, 08:25 PM
Academic if we don’t win our games.

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 08:27 PM
Academic if we don’t win our games.

True, but I'm sure we'll win a few more this season and those potentially dropped points tonight might help us come season's end one way or another.

ETA: Haddocks now losing 3-1!

jacobncfc
28-09-2021, 08:31 PM
Can't say I know that much about them.. but are Altrincham maybe a bit better than we gave them credit for? They're above Wrexham with two games in hand!

Chesterfield losing now as well. This is a very strong league.

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 08:32 PM
Our youth team are unfortunately 3-1 down at Meadow Lane in the FA Youth Cup qualifying.

ncfcog
28-09-2021, 08:36 PM
If both chesterfield and Grimsby lose tonight I think that will be the last of any unbeaten runs in the league.

Bushwacka
28-09-2021, 08:37 PM
Chesterfield now 3 1 down and meltdown on their Twitter page. Inih Effiong with the third...

ncfcog
28-09-2021, 08:38 PM
Effiong with a 3rd for Woking. Looks like a good night for us. Saturday might be tougher than some expect!

Elite_Pie
28-09-2021, 08:45 PM
I can't see Altrincham being a threat, so Grimsby and Chesterfield losing makes it a very good night from our perspective.

But only if we play our part and beat Woking on Saturday.

Killerkline
28-09-2021, 08:46 PM
Effiong with a 3rd for Woking. Looks like a good night for us. Saturday might be tougher than some expect!

Don’t be silly! No one on here expects us to steamroll teams🤔

jacobncfc
28-09-2021, 08:47 PM
I can't see Altrincham being a threat, so Grimsby and Chesterfield losing makes it a very good night from our perspective.

But only if we play our part and beat Woking on Saturday.

Always one complete surprise title challenge down here it appears, might as well be them this time.

laddo
28-09-2021, 08:53 PM
Pleasing results nice to see two fancied sides dropping points.

queenslandpie
28-09-2021, 09:04 PM
Great results for Notts and I see Altrincham whooped Kings Lynn. Big big month coming up for Notts that will tell us if we are serious title challengers or once again play off possibles. Jury is still out for all. Dagenham a very very impressive start.

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Great results for Notts and I see Altrincham whooped Kings Lynn. Big big month coming up for Notts that will tell us if we are serious title challengers or once again play off possibles. Jury is still out for all. Dagenham a very very impressive start.

Altrincham doing very well at the moment indeed. Only played 6 too.

Frigiliana Pie 1
28-09-2021, 09:14 PM
Always one complete surprise title challenge down here it appears, might as well be them this time.

Or Woking?

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 09:14 PM
Or Woking?

It could be on The Cards! Boom! Boom!

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 09:16 PM
Our youth team lost 3-2 btw. :(

Killerkline
28-09-2021, 09:22 PM
Chesterfield’s next game, away at Wrexham and then away at Southend. Their season could take a dive pretty quickly.

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 09:23 PM
This Notts fan's reply to Cheaterfield's Twitter announcement of their defeat tonight made me smile...

Adam, if you're here on NCM, nice one :)

SwalePie
28-09-2021, 09:39 PM
Chesterfield’s next game, away at Wrexham and then away at Southend. Their season could take a dive pretty quickly.

I reckon they'll turn it around pretty quickly with Rowe in charge, he may be a bad loser but he's no fool. Interesting that all three of Woking's goals were scored by former Notts loanees!

Jeekay56
28-09-2021, 09:50 PM
I reckon they'll turn it around pretty quickly with Rowe in charge, he may be a bad loser but he's no fool. Interesting that all three of Woking's goals were scored by former Notts loanees!

That's the third brace for Tahvon Campbell this season (Woking have only played six games).

Killerkline
28-09-2021, 09:56 PM

Your quite possibly right. But, it demonstrates how quickly form and the league table can change.

If it wasn’t already, big game on Saturday.

ncfcog
29-09-2021, 10:23 AM
There was some mention on one of the threads that we weren't currently as solid at the back as we were under NA. Well last nights results mean we are now joint best defence averaging 1 goal conceded per game alongside Cheaterfield, Halifax and Boring Wood.

At the other end we are joint 5th best attack scoring 1.88 goals per game. Dagenham are top scoring a very impressive 2.75 goals per game so far and our next opponents Woking are second having currently managed to score an average of 2.17 goals per game . . . gulp!

Glad2BeAPie
29-09-2021, 12:26 PM
There was some mention on one of the threads that we weren't currently as solid at the back as we were under NA. Well last nights results mean we are now joint best defence averaging 1 goal conceded per game alongside Cheaterfield, Halifax and Boring Wood.

At the other end we are joint 5th best attack scoring 1.88 goals per game. Dagenham are top scoring a very impressive 2.75 goals per game so far and our next opponents Woking are second having currently managed to score an average of 2.17 goals per game . . . gulp!

Can't argue with the stats. But this is NCM so you probably can

ncfcog
29-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Can't argue with the stats. But this is NCM so you probably can

Wouldn’t have it any other way!

laddo
29-09-2021, 01:35 PM
XD #vivaNCM

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 01:48 PM
XD #vivaNCM

I see Chesterfield are in meltdown on their board because they lost a game.! Only on notts county mad..! I mean Chesterfield mad.!!...?

laddo
29-09-2021, 02:02 PM
I see Chesterfield are in meltdown on their board because they lost a game.! Only on notts county mad..! I mean Chesterfield mad.!!...?

Of course you have, and no doubt you've also been on the Grimsby message board as well since they lost last night?

And some on here think only Notts have weaknesses in the starting XI/squad or maybe they only really care about the Stylish Magpies and not other teams ;)

lunaspie
29-09-2021, 03:13 PM
It could be on The Cards! Boom! Boom!

We can certainly get a result on Saturday,especially if the fans have some patience.

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 03:38 PM
Of course you have, and no doubt you've also been on the Grimsby message board as well since they lost last night?

And some on here think only Notts have weaknesses in the starting XI/squad or maybe they only really care about the Stylish Magpies and not other teams ;)

Are we not allowed to be interested in teams not only within our league but any from the football pyramid in the UK , Europe or further afield.?
Asking for a friend...xx

Elite_Pie
29-09-2021, 04:02 PM
We can certainly get a result on Saturday,especially if the fans have some patience.

I'm sure we'll come up trumps. It's only Woking though, best not to brag about it.

Elite_Pie
29-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Are we not allowed to be interested in teams not only within our league but any from the football pyramid in the UK , Europe or further afield.?
Asking for a friend...xx

It's noticeable that those who occasionally read other club's messageboards seem to have a far better understanding of how the mind of the average football fan works compared to those who don't.

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 04:09 PM
It's noticeable that those who occasionally read other club's messageboards seem to have a far better understanding of how the mind of the average football fan works compared to those who don't.
Apparently reading other message boards seems to mean you dont care about notts county..!?
Only on Notts County mad hey.!!

laddo
29-09-2021, 06:30 PM
Asking for a friend...xx

Of course your friend (or yourself) can, he can do whatever he wants to fill his spare time

However be warned don't do it too much or he will get in more trouble with the wife for spending too much time in front of the computer!!

Hopefully your friend on here will read this and heed my warning and avoid an earful from the Mrs ;)

laddo
29-09-2021, 06:31 PM
Apparently reading other message boards seems to mean you dont care about notts county..!?
Only on Notts County mad hey.!!

Who said that?#void

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 07:34 PM
Who said that?#void
Implied xxxx

PedroTheFisherman66
29-09-2021, 08:09 PM

I say implied..
They are your words maybe you Could explain them better but your 2nd paragraph eludes to what I was referring to...
Asking for a friend...xxx

laddo
29-09-2021, 08:44 PM
Come on Pedro, Elite isn't shy I'm sure he can ask himself. He just has to sneak to the computer without her indoors seeing him XD

Implied or not implied? Read it again cos you are taking a huge leap buddy to reach that conclusion :)

Gentleman I fear we may have gone a little O/T again and perhaps heading towards the now rarely used designated thread version 2.0.

Elite_Pie
29-09-2021, 08:56 PM
Come on Pedro, Elite isn't shy I'm sure he can ask himself. He just has to sneak to the computer without her indoors seeing him XD

Implied or not implied? Read it again cos you are taking a huge leap buddy to reach that conclusion :)

Gentleman I fear we may have gone a little O/T again and perhaps heading towards the now rarely used designated thread version 2.0.

So instead of namechecking me (yet again), do as the moderator has asked and post your reply on that thread.

PedroTheFisherman66
30-09-2021, 01:30 AM
I say implied..
They are your words maybe you Could explain them better but your 2nd paragraph eludes to what I was referring to...
Asking for a friend...xxx

I have read and re read it and that's the only conclusion I have come to...
Like I say, they are your words so it might be best if you explained them if I am mistaken and apparently I am...
NO I don't want a PM but start an O/T thread if you feel this ones gone wayward ...

tied_up_in_notts
30-09-2021, 03:25 AM
I'm not so sure, it could turn out to be a bridge too far

lunaspie
30-09-2021, 03:35 AM
You can bet Burchnall has a trick or two up his sleeve.

Davy500
30-09-2021, 03:38 AM

Patience...
god we have been in this hole of a league for the 3rd season, and out of the top 2 tiers for over 25 years, think we all be about a 100 years old before we ever, if we ever return to a decent level ..

lunaspie
30-09-2021, 03:40 AM
Indeed,all our female fans will be old maids by the time it happens.

Killerkline
30-09-2021, 05:54 AM
Patience...
god we have been in this hole of a league for the 3rd season, and out of the top 2 tiers for over 25 years, think we all be about a 100 years old before we ever, if we ever return to a decent level ..

Patience with the current squad, coaching team. In particular, during the game.

Worth a try, might pay dividends?

Alternatively, let’s get on the players backs from the first misplaced pass or the first time the balls not moved forward quick enough. Continue for 90+ minutes, great for Woking. At the end of the game our owners can put the club up for sale because their approach/philosophy is clearly not working. They’ll just have to decide which of the many potential buyers to sell too that are happy to throw money at Notts, with no long term plan.

laddo
30-09-2021, 06:59 AM
Quality KK summed it up perfectly with humour.

We've tried the traditional Meadow Lane method of short term approach and short term tenures from our owners and it's not worked for 25 years in fact over the years it got worse and worse.

queenslandpie
30-09-2021, 07:03 AM
Patience...

I think you might have missed the reference to Wokings nickname Davey :)

Killerkline
30-09-2021, 07:27 AM
I think you might have missed the reference to Wokings nickname Davey :)

To be fair, so did I🤭. I’m not much of a joker.

queenslandpie
30-09-2021, 08:13 AM
To be fair, so did I��. I’m not much of a joker.

But perhaps with a little work you can become to quote the shanmgri-la's "the leader of the pack" . Yes I will fetch my coat.

Elite_Pie
30-09-2021, 09:14 AM
To be fair, so did I��. I’m not much of a joker.

Actually, that was ace. But like a certain drama queen on here, maybe you should jack it in.

ForeignLegion
30-09-2021, 09:27 AM
Saw the Woking goals...some cr@p defending, but they look like a team of giants.

PedroTheFisherman66
30-09-2021, 09:45 AM
Actually, that was ace. But like a certain drama queen on here, maybe you should jack it in.

Shine on you crazy diamond it's not his fault he has a heart of gold..!..or maybe he needs clubbing.?
Lemmy know.?...

Killerkline
30-09-2021, 10:26 AM

Snap, I was thinking the same.

tied_up_in_notts
30-09-2021, 11:22 AM
You can bet Burchnall has a trick or two up his sleeve.
Yes he knows his stuff, I'm surprised he hasn't been offered a new deal

Elite_Pie
30-09-2021, 11:37 AM
Yes he knows his stuff, I'm surprised he hasn't been offered a new deal

I wonder if he'll stick with the same team, or shuffle the pack after the Altrincham defeat?

PedroTheFisherman66
30-09-2021, 12:17 PM
I wonder if he'll stick with the same team, or shuffle the pack after the Altrincham defeat?

If we dont win he needs Decking...!

MAD_MAGPIE
30-09-2021, 12:30 PM

Dagenham had a very strong finish to the end of last season having won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last ten games. So they have carried this through and are currently in the same rich vein of form this season thus far.

The big question like with the "surprise packages" in the league is whether they will run out of steam or falter as the months roll by or whether they can emulate the likes of Barrow and Sutton and keep the momentum going. Time will tell but 2.375 ppg is unlikely to be sustainable in the mid to long term so there will no doubt be a dip at some point just like with Torquay last season when they went charging off in front of everyone else.

Another potential club to add into the title challenge mix? We shall see.

PedroTheFisherman66
30-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Dagenham had a very strong finish to the end of last season having won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last ten games. So they have carried this through and are currently in the same rich vein of form this season thus far.

The big question like with the "surprise packages" in the league is whether they will run out of steam or falter as the months roll by or whether they can emulate the likes of Barrow and Sutton and keep the momentum going. Time will tell but 2.375 ppg is unlikely to be sustainable in the mid to long term so there will no doubt be a dip at some point just like with Torquay last season when they went charging off in front of everyone else.

Another potential club to add into the title challenge mix? We shall see.

Did daggers manage to keep their squad together.?

lunaspie
30-09-2021, 01:01 PM
If we dont win he needs Decking...!

Don't worry,he will pinochle down to the task at hand.

lunaspie
30-09-2021, 01:05 PM
I'm not so sure, it could turn out to be a bridge too far

And would that be a pontoon ?