alfinyalcabo
02-10-2021, 04:34 PM
We didn't lose

We've moved up the table

We Didn't concede any.

FromTheDarkness
02-10-2021, 04:55 PM
This game was terrible, both teams..
Honestly at least 3 booking where from bad first touches and poor passing..
I really don't understand the tactics regarding the use of McNeil, he constantly drifts inside demands the ball on the break to then slow the game down, do a few turns tying himself in knots, his transition is awful the amount of times he ran inside demanded the ball then stopped all momentum by being slow on the ball.. you can see players making runs in front of him, we did better when McNeil was not on the ball in the centre of the pitch, the coaching for this style of play is crap!

Only plus Collins looks dependable, decent signing - that was about the only positive for me today.

Norder
02-10-2021, 05:18 PM
We didn't lose

We've moved up the table

We Didn't concede any.

and a solar super storm didn't cause a planetary blackout.

A giant chicken...crossed with a rhino, didn't flatten turf moor and go pecking amongst the rubble...

and there was no extra time or penalty shootout.

XD

ClaretinBudapest
02-10-2021, 05:21 PM
One positive-Norwich were even worse than us and that is saying something.

alfinyalcabo
02-10-2021, 05:27 PM
This game was terrible, both teams..
Honestly at least 3 booking where from bad first touches and poor passing..
I really don't understand the tactics regarding the use of McNeil, he constantly drifts inside demands the ball on the break to then slow the game down, do a few turns tying himself in knots, his transition is awful the amount of times he ran inside demanded the ball then stopped all momentum by being slow on the ball.. you can see players making runs in front of him, we did better when McNeil was not on the ball in the centre of the pitch, the coaching for this style of play is crap!

Only plus Collins looks dependable, decent signing - that was about the only positive for me today.

Totally agree with you on McNeil,never once tried to take the ball to the dead ball line,but insisted on holding the game up and then proceeding to pass the ball square instead of forwards.

Vintage Claret
02-10-2021, 05:43 PM
My optimism is waning fast, today was a very poor showing.
If Aaron Lennon is that best we can put into starting eleven than I fear for our survival. However he was no worse than many of the others.
If we play like that against City in our next game it could be a complete trouncing.
I just hope that Cornet when fit can keep us in contention until January and that Pace can finance some improvements in both our midfield and attacking options during the January transfer window..

ClaretinBudapest
02-10-2021, 06:05 PM
My optimism is waning fast, today was a very poor showing.
If Aaron Lennon is that best we can put into starting eleven than I fear for our survival. However he was no worse than many of the others.
If we play like that against City in our next game it could be a complete trouncing.
I just hope that Cornet when fit can keep us in contention until January and that Pace can finance some improvements in both our midfield and attacking options during the January transfer window..

We need a further 4-5 players of the Cornet pedigree to give us a fighting chance.All in midfield and attack.Even Wood is firing blanks.Jayrod and Barnes over the hill and Vydra Championship standard.Westwood,Cork over the hill and Brownhill Championship is his level.

Norder
02-10-2021, 06:47 PM

no free thought, no poise or polish...same old Chairman Dycheball, no deviation from the fixed routine....it's all so nauseatingly obvious.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/59135144d482e99e6a24a30e/1520363457847-MAH76012FCVNML85AHXY/robotic+arms+9.gif?format=500w

;D

Altobelli
02-10-2021, 06:53 PM
We didn't lose

We've moved up the table

We Didn't concede any.

Sorry Alf, if you saw any Positives (for the future) with that dire abysmal performance then I'll start drinking what you do.

WillPark
02-10-2021, 06:58 PM
Positives...
Even Dyche lost some faith in some of his favoured players ;)
Pace has time to start looking for new signings for January...
Vydra did well before the ref got him injured...

The Bedlington Terrier
02-10-2021, 07:05 PM
Horrible.
Woeful.
The Championship beckons.

ClaretinBudapest
02-10-2021, 07:40 PM
Positives...
Even Dyche lost some faith in some of his favoured players ;)
Pace has time to start looking for new signings for January...
Vydra did well before the ref got him injured...

What exactly did he do well WillPark.I watched the entire game and apart from falling over three or four times he did nothing.

FromTheDarkness
02-10-2021, 07:44 PM
What exactly did he do well WillPark.I watched the entire game and apart from falling over three or four times he did nothing.

haha yes how standards fall.. he did look a little more lively and tenacious - played a bit more like Barnes I guess.. he was not good, just a bit less ****e than usual.

He did get a fist full of Krul on his chops and played on for over 10 mins, probably concussed.

sinkov
02-10-2021, 07:52 PM
I haven't seen the game, and I may well never see any of it, I won't be waiting until the end of MOTD for it, that's for sure, but there was one point of interest for me today. Driving on the outskirts of Fakenham in Norfolk, I saw a sign on a small lane off to the left saying 'Turf Moor Road'. This was the first time that I can recall seeing the words Turf Moor outside of Burney. I've checked on Google Maps and it's a narrow, inconsequential lane, a few hundred yards long, leading to precisely nowhere.

Make of that what you will. ;D

WillPark
02-10-2021, 08:29 PM

Well done watching the entire game Buda...
But when did you see Vydra do anything wrong? When did he go down like Barnes or Taylor today? He was running at them, creating chances. He should have had a free kick just outside the box and Hanley should have got a card for that foul... He should have had a penalty and Krul should at least had a yellow for that. Krul was too late...
When Vydra had to be taken off we no longer had any chance to score... with him on we had a few...

WillPark
02-10-2021, 08:31 PM
You can see highlights here Sinkov... but u might as well not :)
https://soccercatch.com/matches/18138664/burnley-vs-norwich-city#media

Vintage Claret
02-10-2021, 09:06 PM
Well done watching the entire game Buda...
But when did you see Vydra do anything wrong? When did he go down like Barnes or Taylor today? He was running at them, creating chances. He should have had a free kick just outside the box and Hanley should have got a card for that foul... He should have had a penalty and Krul should at least had a yellow for that. Krul was too late...
When Vydra had to be taken off we no longer had any chance to score... with him on we had a few...

From what I saw it is being understated that Krul was late on Vydra. Since Krul missed the ball but hit Vydra with both fists then it should have been a red card and a penalty. Kevin Friend is a very poor referee but this was a case where VAR should have intervened but the VAR referee must also have selected blindness. I also thought Handley push in the back was also a penalty, but as he was probably the last man, had Friend given the penalty he would have been obliged to red card Handley also.

Swissclaret
03-10-2021, 06:21 AM
Having listened to the match commentary and read the comments here, I will not repeat what has already been said. One point that I do not understand is why, in a match where their centre backs were winning everything in the air, we spent the whole match trying to get crosses into the box. Phil Bird spent the whole commentary suggesting that we get down the wings and get crosses in. I watched the WSL Chelsea v Brighton match. We should sign up some of the Chelsea women. They play better football than we do!

outwoodclaret
03-10-2021, 06:26 AM
We didn't lose

We've moved up the table

We Didn't concede any.

All of these yes Alf particularly the clean sheet and Collins looks a real asset. We need to get Roberts fully fit ( hopefully he is not far off) and welcome back Cornet. On the negative side I have yet to predict a Burnley win and I am not sure when this particular bus will be arriving. The real weakness is up front. Just the one goal from Chris Wood and nothing so far from Vyds, Jay Rod and Barnes.

kritichris
03-10-2021, 08:01 AM
From what I saw it is being understated that Krul was late on Vydra. Since Krul missed the ball but hit Vydra with both fists then it should have been a red card and a penalty. Kevin Friend is a very poor referee but this was a case where VAR should have intervened but the VAR referee must also have selected blindness. I also thought Handley push in the back was also a penalty, but as he was probably the last man, had Friend given the penalty he would have been obliged to red card Handley also.
The MOD pundits agreed with you VC, we wuz robbed again.

sinkov
03-10-2021, 08:48 AM
You can see highlights here Sinkov... but u might as well not :)
https://soccercatch.com/matches/18138664/burnley-vs-norwich-city#media

Thanks Will, I've watched it, but it doesn't inspire any comment from me, except perhaps that Nick looked back to his best, which was nice to see.

WillPark
03-10-2021, 09:56 AM
I’m surprised that fans on here are not more upset about the Vydra-Krul decision!! The one inside the box with Hanley
I don’t think is a penalty, but when he clips Vydras heal just outside the box... That should also have been given and a card awarded!
That was not on any highlights I’ve seen but you can find it in the full match in the link I sent for Sinkov earlier... it happens in the 29th minute and the replay is in the 33rd minute... The ref and VAR should be made to answer some questions after that game...

army88
03-10-2021, 10:27 AM
We didn't lose

We've moved up the table

We Didn't concede any.

There are no positive s after that garbage served up again , we are directionless in our approach to the game - continually doing the same things over and over again.

I hope Dyche the saviour pulls it around but I can’t see it , we are archaic in approach and every team looks better than us.

We must be the only team in the league that train without goalposts , short shy is an understatement.

Swissclaret
03-10-2021, 10:32 AM
I’m surprised that fans on here are not more upset about the Vydra-Krul decision!! The one inside the box with Hanley
I don’t think is a penalty, but when he clips Vydras heal just outside the box... That should also have been given and a card awarded!
That was not on any highlights I’ve seen but you can find it in the full match in the link I sent for Sinkov earlier... it happens in the 29th minute and the replay is in the 33rd minute... The ref and VAR should be made to answer some questions after that game...
I agree. I am totally confused about VAR. Woods was given offside on a marginal basis and the goal ruled out on review at Leicester. There were two possible penalties yesterday that were not given and not even reviewed. How can a marginal offside be a “clear and obvious error” whilst Krul wiping out Vydra is not even reviewed. One of their players dives, rolls over and over and one of ours is booked for fouling him. Never touched him. Common sense highlights areas where the ref may have made a mistake. Surely, these should be reviewed.

army88
03-10-2021, 11:17 AM
I agree. I am totally confused about VAR. Woods was given offside on a marginal basis and the goal ruled out on review at Leicester. There were two possible penalties yesterday that were not given and not even reviewed. How can a marginal offside be a “clear and obvious error” whilst Krul wiping out Vydra is not even reviewed. One of their players dives, rolls over and over and one of ours is booked for fouling him. Never touched him. Common sense highlights areas where the ref may have made a mistake. Surely, these should be reviewed.

The decisions were ridiculous and let’s be honest Kevin friend made it all about him.

My concerns are really that we created just about zero chances in the game , they’re a poor side but are far better than us in transition and with a little more control could have beaten us easily.

Again we did a lot of huffing and puffing but really created nothing for our efforts.

I know a lot on here criticised Mcneil but I think he tried to make things happen for us and really was the only person who looked like creating anything.

Delivery into the box was just into an area not at any of our players , also we deliver too many balls from deep - stood up giving wood not much chance tbh .

The midfield and wide players shirk responsibility and refuse to shoot at goal , it’s like there s an imaginary line drawn outside the opposition s 18 yard box and we don’t cross over it.

We’d rather slow a move down and pass the ball backwards or sideways than commit an opposing player or shoot at goal.

I said last year staying up would be Dyche greatest achievement but this year that s moved on again to a different level .

Goals win games and we don’t score any so it’s gonna be tough , I accept the penalties point but they won’t happen every week.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-10-2021, 12:02 PM
We (I really mean Sean Dyche) needs to acknowledge this might be our last season in the EPL for quite a while and dig in with a 4-5-1 formation.

4-4-2 for us is what mass Covid vaccination is for the UK's population - it just does not produce results. Trouble for us is we refuse another shot!

We ain't scoring goals so accumulating points with draws might just save our bacon.

sinkov
03-10-2021, 12:16 PM
We (I really mean Sean Dyche) needs to acknowledge this might be our last season in the EPL for quite a while and dig in with a 4-5-1 formation.

4-4-2 for us is what mass Covid vaccination is for the UK's population - it just does not produce results. Trouble for us is we refuse another shot!

We ain't scoring goals so accumulating points with draws might just save our bacon.

Not such a bad idea, you don't need to win a single game to get 38 points, and that will see you safe most seasons.

ClaretinBudapest
03-10-2021, 12:42 PM
The decisions were ridiculous and let’s be honest Kevin friend made it all about him.

My concerns are really that we created just about zero chances in the game , they’re a poor side but are far better than us in transition and with a little more control could have beaten us easily.

Again we did a lot of huffing and puffing but really created nothing for our efforts.

I know a lot on here criticised Mcneil but I think he tried to make things happen for us and really was the only person who looked like creating anything.

Delivery into the box was just into an area not at any of our players , also we deliver too many balls from deep - stood up giving wood not much chance tbh .

The midfield and wide players shirk responsibility and refuse to shoot at goal , it’s like there s an imaginary line drawn outside the opposition s 18 yard box and we don’t cross over it.

We’d rather slow a move down and pass the ball backwards or sideways than commit an opposing player or shoot at goal.

I said last year staying up would be Dyche greatest achievement but this year that s moved on again to a different level .

Goals win games and we don’t score any so it’s gonna be tough , I accept the penalties point but they won’t happen every week.

Great summation Army.We are toothless going forward.Predictable, slow and to compound matters cannot score goals.The ball from Barnes at the edge of the box perfectly summed up our shortcomings.It went straight to a Norwich player who was 3 yards in front of our players.
Both Barnes and Jayrod are no longer good enough for the PL and Vydra is Championship at best.Wood is starting to look past his best.Cannot see him getting 10+ goals this season.
Add to all this our defence has become leaky and it is a recipe for disaster.A similar season to that of Sheffield Utd last year beckons.Funnily enough Chris Wilder was at the game yesterday....

ClaretinBudapest
03-10-2021, 12:45 PM
Not such a bad idea, you don't need to win a single game to get 38 points, and that will see you safe most seasons.

It will be 3 points from 8 games next weekend so that plan is out of the window-32 points will not be enough.

army88
03-10-2021, 02:54 PM
Great summation Army.We are toothless going forward.Predictable, slow and to compound matters cannot score goals.The ball from Barnes at the edge of the box perfectly summed up our shortcomings.It went straight to a Norwich player who was 3 yards in front of our players.
Both Barnes and Jayrod are no longer good enough for the PL and Vydra is Championship at best.Wood is starting to look past his best.Cannot see him getting 10+ goals this season.
Add to all this our defence has become leaky and it is a recipe for disaster.A similar season to that of Sheffield Utd last year beckons.Funnily enough Chris Wilder was at the game yesterday....

CIB

I honestly think centrally is where the issues lie tbh , the defence is under more pressure because we can’t hold the ball or find a cutting edge pass from midfield , the formation we play leaves the central two wanting after 30 mins as they’re chasing shadows most of the time, I watched with interest a few time s yesterday when Lowton had the ball, head up looking for a pass and had to go backwards as there’s no offers for him.

I’m not saying the defence is blame free but I do feel that the opposition are finding it easier to to get at our back line as centrally it’s like the parting of the Red Sea.

I think for next two games I’d go one up top and play Peter’s in front of the back four - hes big physical, competitive and can pick a pass ( I know it’s not ideal but city and Chelsea centrally will pull us all over the place.

sinkov
03-10-2021, 06:17 PM
It will be 3 points from 8 games next weekend so that plan is out of the window-32 points will not be enough.

It would have been more than enough last season.

barrie_burn
03-10-2021, 06:56 PM
Connor Roberts is a good player and now he is fit I would put him in instead of Lowton.We also have Cornet coming back and,apparently,Collins did well yesterday.I think we will be ok this season as there are a few struggling Clubs but it will be up to Sean how he fits them all in.One up top,Wood,sounds sensible with Cornet with his pace getting up there to support and crosses coming in from McNeil and Roberts.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-10-2021, 07:30 PM
Connor Roberts is a good player and now he is fit I would put him in instead of Lowton.We also have Cornet coming back and,apparently,Collins did well yesterday.I think we will be ok this season as there are a few struggling Clubs but it will be up to Sean how he fits them all in.One up top,Wood,sounds sensible with Cornet with his pace getting up there to support and crosses coming in from McNeil and Roberts.

This is Sean Dyche we are talking about barrie my boy! :star:

FromTheDarkness
03-10-2021, 07:52 PM

We can play like City with a False 9

FromTheDarkness
03-10-2021, 07:56 PM

We need to score goals, we didnt score enough last season.. that was a issue 12 months ago.. you cant win without scoring, woods is the only one with 10 goals in him, if he is playing well which he hasnt for at least 4 months... so who is scoring our winning goals?

The Bedlington Terrier
04-10-2021, 06:18 AM
Is there any possibility Pace will sack Dyche? :confused:

The Bedlington Terrier
04-10-2021, 06:20 AM
We can play like City with a False 9

We already play with four "false nines", I'm not about to add another!

Vintage Claret
04-10-2021, 07:48 AM
I was amazed at the post match interview, when Dyche said we have four good strikers, is he trying to kid himself or does he take the supporters as being totally blind. We saw last season that we were not scoring at the level required and during the transfer window we did nothing to improve that problem, although at first glance Cornet could score a few goals this season.

We certainly need to replace at least two of our strikers as early as possible in the January transfer window.

sinkov
04-10-2021, 08:41 AM
Is there any possibility Pace will sack Dyche? :confused:

Possible, but not likely I'd say. In one respect I wish he would, I'm curious to see just how much this club, team and players actually depend on Dyche, only one way to find out. ;D

WillPark
04-10-2021, 07:36 PM
I was amazed at the post match interview, when Dyche said we have four good strikers, is he trying to kid himself or does he take the supporters as being totally blind....

I think he has to say that both to the players and publicly... what they need is confidence... if he says we need new strikers now how is he going to get them scoring any goals ... he needs to have faith in his players... we need them to perform above and beyond... I believe the faith he has in his players are why we and he are still here in the Premier League.

ClaretinBudapest
04-10-2021, 08:34 PM
I think he has to say that both to the players and publicly... what they need is confidence... if he says we need new strikers now how is he going to get them scoring any goals ... he needs to have faith in his players... we need them to perform above and beyond... I believe the faith he has in his players are why we and he are still here in the Premier League.

Complimenting them is not working though WillPark.There was only Wood scoring last season so they have known about this for 18 months and done nothing.Now he is not scoring either.The only goal scorers I can see in our team is Cornet and/or Mcneil so why do we have three or four other strikers who cannot hack it in the PL.
The midfielders hardly contribute either.Josh Brownhill has never in the PL in a claret and blue shirt.That is 50 games without a goal.Jack Cork 123 games 3 goals.Ashley Westwood has been prolific 141 games 7 goals.That is 10 goals in 314 games between them.1 goal in every 31.4 games FFS!
Forwards-Ashley Barnes 184 games 41 goals, Jayrod 72 games 9 goals, Matej Vydra 66 games 6 goals.That is 322 games and 56 goals.That is 1 goal for every 5.75 games between 3 of the 4 forwards SD was praising.So the praising is not really working.

Vintage Claret
04-10-2021, 09:17 PM

Will, last season and for the start of this season we have been very poor at taking our chances in front of goal. At the end of last season the Wood / Vydra combination appeared to be our best option. At the start of this season we reverted to the Barnes / Wood combination and while that has worked in the past it was clearly not working. Against Leicester our manager played Wood / Vydra and with the inclusion of Cornet we looked far better, unfortunately Cornet had to come off with an injury had that not been the case we may have won our first game. At the start of the Norwich game we looked promising but Norwich had done their homework and targeted Vydra as he was our only player with any pace and likely to hurt them, they were also helped by some extremely poor refereeing. Once Vydra had to come off we looked very poor and we need to strengthen our striking options either in the January window or by trying some of the younger players. I would suggest that we need replacements for J Rod and Barnes as while both have been excellent for Burnley FC they are certainly not the future.

alfinyalcabo
04-10-2021, 09:36 PM
Another positive

Facebook and what's app are down.👍

outwoodclaret
11-10-2021, 07:12 AM

no free thought, no poise or polish...same old Chairman Dycheball, no deviation from the fixed routine....it's all so nauseatingly obvious.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/59135144d482e99e6a24a30e/1520363457847-MAH76012FCVNML85AHXY/robotic+arms+9.gif?format=500w

;D

Are the Borg not looking to assimilate a Premier League club? Their human rights credentials may be a bit off but I am sure their takeover would get the green light from the Premier League. They’d be very good at taking a knee and any other body parts they needed to replace.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-10-2021, 07:28 AM
Are the Borg not looking to assimilate a Premier League club? Their human rights credentials may be a bit off but I am sure their takeover would get the green light from the Premier League. They’d be very good at taking a knee and any other body parts they needed to replace.

Bring a bag of cash to the party and the EPL drop their knickers without any consideration whatsoever Mr Outwood.