PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck Derby

Jammy89
09-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Poor sods.

--------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE: Mike Ashley interested in Derby County takeover after £305million Newcastle sale

Mike Ashley's 14-year reign at Newcastle United was brought to an end this week with the £305million sale to Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund - but the much-maligned ex-Magpies owner could be back in football soon

Mike Ashley fresh from finally selling Newcastle United is eyeing up a move to rescue stricken Championship club Derby County.

Ashley who fought tooth and nail with the Premier League to push through the £305million deal with Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund to end his controversial 14-year Tyneside reign hasn’t closed the door on any future football involvement.

And sources close to Ashley have revealed to Mirror Football an interest in buying Derby, who are currently in administration.

The Rams raid makes sense with Ashley’s Sports Direct headquarters just 30 miles from Pride Park in Shirebrook.

He also wants to give his Sports Direct empire a public platform and owning Derby County would provide that.

Derby’s administrators have already received interest from would-be buyers and are confident of reaching an agreement.

Ashley is one of the interested parties and would provide the financial acumen to back manager Wayne Rooney with the club likely to be in League One following a 12-point deduction for entering administration with further points losses likely.

Ashley is bubbling after taking on the Premier League who had originally consistently blocked the sale of Newcastle to the Saudis.

Now he is considering whether to utilise that extra energy into taking on the challenge of attempting to restore some of Derby’s former glories.

Marat18
09-10-2021, 08:27 PM
Poor sods.

--------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE: Mike Ashley interested in Derby County takeover after £305million Newcastle sale

Mike Ashley's 14-year reign at Newcastle United was brought to an end this week with the £305million sale to Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund - but the much-maligned ex-Magpies owner could be back in football soon

Mike Ashley fresh from finally selling Newcastle United is eyeing up a move to rescue stricken Championship club Derby County.

Ashley who fought tooth and nail with the Premier League to push through the £305million deal with Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund to end his controversial 14-year Tyneside reign hasn’t closed the door on any future football involvement.

And sources close to Ashley have revealed to Mirror Football an interest in buying Derby, who are currently in administration.

The Rams raid makes sense with Ashley’s Sports Direct headquarters just 30 miles from Pride Park in Shirebrook.

He also wants to give his Sports Direct empire a public platform and owning Derby County would provide that.

Derby’s administrators have already received interest from would-be buyers and are confident of reaching an agreement.

Ashley is one of the interested parties and would provide the financial acumen to back manager Wayne Rooney with the club likely to be in League One following a 12-point deduction for entering administration with further points losses likely.

Ashley is bubbling after taking on the Premier League who had originally consistently blocked the sale of Newcastle to the Saudis.

Now he is considering whether to utilise that extra energy into taking on the challenge of attempting to restore some of Derby’s former glories.

Mike’s calling to Amanda: hey, it’s Mike again… any chance I can take those sports direct signs?

Alberts__Lob
09-10-2021, 08:49 PM
Poor buggers.....think i'd rather be in administration than have Ashley in charge

ex_pat_magpie
09-10-2021, 09:22 PM
He only goes for businesses in trouble. I'll bet he's thinking he can get a once-proud Derby for about £10M+debts and put into operation what he ought to have done here thinking I'll show those Geordie sods how to run a club. B) ;)

toonlegend
09-10-2021, 10:08 PM
Wouldn’t wish the fat controller on any other team.
Poor buggers

Alberts__Lob
09-10-2021, 10:17 PM
Wouldn’t wish the fat controller on any other team.
Poor buggers

Sunderland? Imagine those sports direct signs all around the stadium of sh!te

toonlegend
09-10-2021, 10:31 PM
Hmm could be persuaded !

ex_pat_magpie
09-10-2021, 10:34 PM
Hmm could be persuaded !

The only club and the only owner who would deserve one another. XD

Cannylad
10-10-2021, 09:13 AM
I can hear the "Jaws" theme as we speak, poor sods don't know what's coming. :O

Doodcom
10-10-2021, 02:30 PM
i just left a post over there as they think its good. they also dont understand why we moaned so much.Crazy.

Zippity
10-10-2021, 03:04 PM
i just left a post over there as they think its good. they also dont understand why we moaned so much.Crazy.

What was it we were warned about the Saudis-be careful what you wish for?

If they're happy with him despite knowing how he's treated us then they're welcome to find out the hard way that we were right.