PDA

View Full Version : England, anyone watching?

kettering_baggie
12-10-2021, 08:32 PM
Nothing better to watch! They’re rubbish, we’ve been deprived of our league matches to facilitate this tripe.

baggieal
12-10-2021, 08:58 PM
Nothing better to watch! They’re rubbish, we’ve been deprived of our league matches to facilitate this tripe.

After watching the s hite James Bond absolute wooden acting bollox last night - I thought I couldn't be bored two nights on a trot so gave this a miss! Absolute greedy w ankers and would rather watch Harrogate Town!

boinggazmic
12-10-2021, 09:32 PM
After watching the s hite James Bond absolute wooden acting bollox last night - I thought I couldn't be bored two nights on a trot so gave this a miss! Absolute greedy w ankers and would rather watch Harrogate Town!

Oh the joy . You should of watched bake off. Was desert week.

Omegstrat6
12-10-2021, 09:40 PM

Agree-there must be a better way to organise international games so that they do not have such an impact on the domestic leagues. I would not want to deprive smaller nations of the opportunity to play international football in these qualifiers just as no one would want to take away the opportunities for lower league clubs in the FA cup for example but this is all becoming farcical now. I know these early stage games allow the B team players to show what they can do but it is only against lesser opposition so the value of that is debatable and especially so given the impact these international breaks have On the Premiership /Championship.

Omegstrat6
12-10-2021, 09:48 PM
Not a good game either was it? All seemed very disjointed. Need to do a lot better than this going forward. Trouble between the "fans" not good either.

kettering_baggie
12-10-2021, 10:08 PM
Not a good game either was it? All seemed very disjointed. Need to do a lot better than this going forward. Trouble between the "fans" not good either.

The ‘fan’ trouble was the only entertainment on view at Wembley!

kettering_baggie
12-10-2021, 10:14 PM
What a contrast to last night, real entertainment, Albert Lee and band at The Stables, what an outstanding guitarist that man is.

Omegstrat6
12-10-2021, 11:30 PM
What a contrast to last night, real entertainment, Albert Lee and band at The Stables, what an outstanding guitarist that man is.

Confess to being jealous of you for getting to see him! One of the truly great guitar players

mickd1961
12-10-2021, 11:35 PM
Why would anyone watch England?

🤡🤡🤡🤡

Yarmbaggie
13-10-2021, 07:29 AM
Poor performance last night for sure. Love watching England it gives a sense of what it must be like to be born supporting one of the best teams, expecting to win every game and then seeing them slated every time they don’t!!

However, looking forward to seeing all the England positive comments back posting from the fair weather England supporters, as they were when we were doing well in the summer, if in the unlikely event we do well at the World Cup.

Come on England.

Johnny on the spot 1
13-10-2021, 07:38 AM
Piss poor display, what does that Mings bring to the table goes up for every free kick & corner never gets near one ,

Joy_Division
13-10-2021, 07:51 AM
I did not know they were playing last night. I only realised when I saw this thread.

phild
13-10-2021, 11:28 AM
Why would anyone watch England?

🤡🤡🤡🤡

It's always so dull, dull so incredibly dull. This England team somehow sucks out all the joy that makes life worth living. Gareth goody two shoes Southgate doesn't help one bit with his constant wokey shyte.

Barrera
13-10-2021, 02:06 PM
Finding a way to get Foden, Greasy Jack and Mount to play together is a Southgate’s challenge. Kane and Sterling look way off the pace - neither playing well for their club. But who to replace with? And an England defence with Minger sitting in the middle is always going to be suspect. Though Hungary looked more of a threat going forward than us. Expect Southgate will go back to his defensive instincts after this.

Think we may do Ok at the World Cup ..... but winning it .... very unlikely ....

kettering_baggie
13-10-2021, 07:12 PM
Confess to being jealous of you for getting to see him! One of the truly great guitar players

Albert is playing next Wednesday night at the Huntingdon Hall, Worcester. Don’t know about ticket availability.

baggieal
13-10-2021, 08:04 PM
It's always so dull, dull so incredibly dull. This England team somehow sucks out all the joy that makes life worth living. Gareth goody two shoes Southgate doesn't help one bit with his constant wokey shyte.

Southgate was a s hite club manager and was lucky to get the job and been incredibly lucky playing the equivalent of pub sides. His stance on taking the knee and slating supporters who don’t agree with it is cringeworthy!

Taking the knee is taking the message backwards which is why some black players don’t do it anymore.

Many are sick of greedy mercenary footballers like our Harry who can’t manage on his 200K a week.

Omegstrat6
13-10-2021, 11:33 PM
Albert is playing next Wednesday night at the Huntingdon Hall, Worcester. Don’t know about ticket availability.

Cheers Ketts. I would love to see him but a combination of finances and moving away from the Midlands to where I do now means I rarely manage to go to shows or gigs these days. I do try to see Ian McNabb if he plays sort of locally as have followed him from his time in The Icicle Works and the old Scouser always puts on a good show but little else. Would love to see Samantha Fish when she is over here next year though so will have to work On that.

9goals2hattricks3pen
14-10-2021, 10:36 AM
Before the 2018 WC my 30 year old son and I were having a conversation me saying 'England will not the World Cup in my lifetime' and him saying 'they probably won't win it in mine.' Just 3 years later I am saying 'we possibly will win it in my time' and he 'I will see us win the World Cup.'

Why do we believe this?

I have been involved in coaching kids football for 28 years during which time I have witnessed a slow and massively overdue revolution in the coaching of young footballers the results of which we are just beginning to see now. For example in the last 3 years two semi finals and a final as against 2 semi finals in the 50 years previously. As long ago as the 70's I saw what the Dutch were doing and in the 90's the French and Spanish to develop skills whilst we were promoting kids that were big and could run around a lot. Even the Yanks were ahead of us ffs.

Now the emphasis right down to grassroots is all about producing clever skilful players which imo is why we now have a surplus of young quality attacking midfielders. It also why the teams from the top European Leagues send scouts to English academies to pick up young talent. Unheard of a few years ago. Sancho and Bellingham at the highest level plus Barry and reportedly Cleary from The Albion are examples.

So sneer and show no interest all you like but I see 'We Are The Champions' back at No1 in the charts off the back of an England World cup win.

mickd1961
14-10-2021, 11:19 AM
It needs more than technically good players 923.

It also requires astute management and forward thinking, I doubt Southgate is capable of that.

The man has constantly folded at the most crucial points in his playing and managing career.

Nice bloke but unlikely to lead us to world domination.

9goals2hattricks3pen
15-10-2021, 11:39 AM
It needs more than technically good players 923.

It also requires astute management and forward thinking, I doubt Southgate is capable of that.

The man has constantly folded at the most crucial points in his playing and managing career.

Nice bloke but unlikely to lead us to world domination.

You a can't deny our major competition results have improved under Southgate. Question is is it because of him or despite him? I do suspect it maybe the later.

When he was at the Villa he was a neighbour of a mate. He would agree Southgate was 'a nice bloke.' Isn't there a saying 'nice guys always finish last?'

mickd1961
15-10-2021, 11:49 AM
You a can't deny our major competition results have improved under Southgate. Question is is it because of him or despite him? I do suspect it maybe the later.

When he was at the Villa he was a neighbour of a mate. He would agree Southgate was 'a nice bloke.' Isn't there a saying 'nice guys always finish last?'

England in a semi or a final.

Klopp, Guardiola or Southgate?

You choose?

9goals2hattricks3pen
15-10-2021, 12:20 PM
England in a semi or a final.

Klopp, Guardiola or Southgate?

You choose?

Guardiola has said he wants to leave Man City in a couple of years and wants to manage a national team. He lives in England, he knows the English game, the FA pay very well, 2023 could be perfect time for all concerned. Why not?