PDA

View Full Version : Livi A

shed-buoy
26-10-2021, 06:44 AM
Same performance please

I’d say the same team as well, however Tam may know better ;-)

GUNBOAT
26-10-2021, 07:54 AM
Another very hard game in prospect and they have won their last two games both away scoring 6 goals.To secure the win i reckon we would need to produce another Easter Rd/Celtic Park performance but i would not put it past us to deliver it.

offshore_arab83
26-10-2021, 09:40 AM
a banana skin fixture for us, especially on that plastic sh1te

DUFCstokie
26-10-2021, 10:52 AM

Absolutely agree

shedka
26-10-2021, 11:19 AM

Definitely, that's the factor I'm most worried about, not their wins as tbh St Johnstone and County gifted Livi goals left right and centre

I'm hoping we don't have one of those off nights and do likewise, we really are due a result there

Arabdownsouth
26-10-2021, 11:33 AM
They've not actually been that great at home this season, Celtic result apart. We are a different proposition this season too so am hoping we can continue our excellent form. Having said that, we won't win every game and there will be bad results along the way too so **** knows what will happen. Fingers crossed though that we can get all 3 points once more.

utd4me
26-10-2021, 03:58 PM
As has been the norm this season.....I'll take 1pt now......and hope for a wee surprise.

ahlltanyirhide
26-10-2021, 09:24 PM
Over the years Livi have pretty much bullied us and have a built up a decent record when playing us, however, this team of ours seem to enjoy rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in, and they can play a wee bit too.

Plastic pitch, 90% chance of it pissing down, more chance picking the winning lotto numbers the morn than guessing the score, but I’ll go for a magnificent 4-1 victory for The Terrors of Tannadice

Dreamsof83
26-10-2021, 09:35 PM
Hate Livi away. Worst of all the bad games! For the first time though I am not resigned to a definite zero points. We may end up with nothing but am sure we will make a fist of it at least.

As for the starting 11. Genuinely interested/excited to see who starts. Nobody in the squad gives me the fear and look forward to seeing what they all bring. Wonder if we might see some changes though, given the amount of games recently.

Fingers crossed. Remains hope and not expectation though!

weegiearab
26-10-2021, 11:08 PM
Just hoping that wee avoid injury on that minging plastic sh#te! This game could suit Levitt and his passing play. Clark is also well used to these surfaces. A tough match and could go either way but winnable if we are clinical in front of goal. Slick...fast passing and fingers crossed. I think we are getting tobthe stage where we are expecting a blip...but no reason to fear it!

ARAbCHNID
27-10-2021, 07:03 AM
Yeah, the common theme is we're all waiting for our bubble to burst. And Livi A certainly has the potential.

Btw when I saw the thread title I did think it was to do with willy enhancement.

BackRowArab
27-10-2021, 08:08 AM
I'd assume there might be some rotation due to the 3 games in a week, might be Pawlett and Harkes' time to have a wee rest, there are options to replace them.

Would take a point right now, but at least we have enough points on the board already where a loss here isn't the end of the world

shed-buoy
27-10-2021, 08:20 AM
Yeah, the common theme is we're all waiting for our bubble to burst. And Livi A certainly has the potential.

Btw when I saw the thread title I did think it was to do with willy enhancement.

I had to google Livi A to find out what you meant ;-)

Arabdownsouth
27-10-2021, 08:21 AM
Strongest team please, its not like we are playing midweek every week so no need to be resting anyone in my opinion.

Arabdownsouth
27-10-2021, 08:23 AM
[QUOTE=shed-buoy;39897150]I had to google Livi A to find out what you meant ;-)

Which kinda makes you wonder how he knew? :D:D

ARAbCHNID
27-10-2021, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=shed-buoy;39897150]I had to google Livi A to find out what you meant ;-)[/QXD:PUOTE]

Which kinda makes you wonder how he knew?

..on behalf of a friend :)

Arabdownsouth
27-10-2021, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=Arabdownsouth;39897152]

..on behalf of a friend :)

;D

tHeArAb
27-10-2021, 09:10 AM
Strongest team please, its not like we are playing midweek every week so no need to be resting anyone in my opinion.

Absolutely. If professional players can't play three games in a week, the games f*cked. They've just had a two week break and will be getting another one as of next weekend.

offshore_arab83
27-10-2021, 09:37 AM

this ^^^^

f uck dropping anyone after saturday

mon utd

BackRowArab
27-10-2021, 09:41 AM
£20 for the PPV from Livi, ****ing hell

offshore_arab83
27-10-2021, 09:46 AM
£20 for the PPV from Livi, ****ing hell

£25 for us to get in tonight

tHeArAb
27-10-2021, 09:54 AM
Up in SSB's land for a gig so it'll be Flashscores updates for me. Looking like a healthy crowd going through.

shedka
27-10-2021, 10:40 AM
I'd assume there might be some rotation due to the 3 games in a week, might be Pawlett and Harkes' time to have a wee rest, there are options to replace them.

Would take a point right now, but at least we have enough points on the board already where a loss here isn't the end of the world

The energy of Harkes and Fuchs is the key to the way we want to play imo

At same time we don't want to burn them out, the Butch is back training too, many other options around the team with only really Liam Smith and Sporle to come back in outwith McNulty who is more long term

Arabdownsouth
27-10-2021, 12:28 PM
Full match showing on Alba at 10pm

shed-buoy
27-10-2021, 05:09 PM
Full match showing on Alba at 10pm

See it’s a sell out for Utd, safe journeys everyone x

JamesMcClean
27-10-2021, 05:45 PM
Jeando no starting………:blue:

shedka
27-10-2021, 05:48 PM
Glass in for Fuchs, only change

If we can get a positive result without jeando would be a very nice confidence booster but have my concerns

Yeats 62
27-10-2021, 05:50 PM
Really need a bit of dig in there. Fingers crossed, you never know, when things are going good sometimes you get the breaks. REALLY wish it wasn't on THAT surface though.

shedka
27-10-2021, 05:55 PM
They aren't anything special either, have benefitted greatly by Perth and Dingwall gifting them comedy goals etc

Fuchs needed a rest, will be ready to go on Saturday against the aforementioned Perth

Thought Butcher was close to being in the squad though so surprised he isn't named at all

BackRowArab
27-10-2021, 06:19 PM
With Levitt and Glass in together, if we have plenty of the ball they should be able to pick out the passes. Lets go!!!

JamesMcClean
27-10-2021, 06:29 PM
With Levitt and Glass in together, if we have plenty of the ball they should be able to pick out the passes. Lets go!!!

My slight concern is that it’s Fuchs who actually gets the ball.I worry about us being ‘bullied’ in the middle tonight sans Jeando. Having said that Tam has shut plenty puses so far, so hopefully same again tonight.

BackRowArab
27-10-2021, 06:31 PM
My slight concern is that it’s Fuchs who actually gets the ball.I worry about us being ‘bullied’ in the middle tonight sans Jeando. Having said that Tam has shut plenty puses so far, so hopefully same again tonight.

I'm assuming Tam has a specific plan to not play with a ball winner, Hoti is probably more of a tackler than Glass so would have expected him to be the straight replacement for Fuchs. I'm assuming he thinks that the pitch will suit passers more tonight

shed-buoy
27-10-2021, 06:37 PM
I'm assuming Tam has a specific plan to not play with a ball winner, Hoti is probably more of a tackler than Glass so would have expected him to be the straight replacement for Fuchs. I'm assuming he thinks that the pitch will suit passers more tonight

Whole team have been chasing down and competing for the second ball much more keenly this season, they need to keep it up. A point tonight would be good, especially if we avoid injury's or silly bookings, a win would be tremendous.

BackRowArab
27-10-2021, 07:41 PM
Great goal, horrific challenge.

Didn't look too bad in real time but on the replay it looks really bad.

Yeats 62
27-10-2021, 07:46 PM
Great goal, horrific challenge.

Didn't look too bad in real time but on the replay it looks really bad.

Correct... more of a late stamp than a tackle... careless maybe...defo red card....

£20 .............. not going to be any surprises tho.... too much delay in the commentary, you can tell what has happened before it does. Not sure if it is Livi's feed or ours. >:(

BackRowArab
27-10-2021, 07:50 PM
Correct... more of a late stamp than a tackle... careless maybe...defo red card....

£20 .............. not going to be any surprises tho.... too much delay in the commentary, you can tell what has happened before it does. Not sure if it is Livi's feed or ours. >:(

Yip, very annoying

shed-buoy
27-10-2021, 09:00 PM
At the end of this season this will be a very good point gained, and glad Glass is still walking, three points on Saturday will be better still :-)

JamesMcClean
27-10-2021, 09:07 PM
After the Pittodrie disaster if someone had said we’d now be where we are they’d have been taken away to the funny farm by the men in white coats……………

Yeats 62
27-10-2021, 09:08 PM
At the end of this season this will be a very good point gained, and glad Glass is still walking, three points on Saturday will be better still :-)

This is a very good point as it stands now. Just a shame we couldn't capitalise on the 10 men. Feels like a wee bit of a let down. On that sh*t pitch though, I would have taken a point before the match. (incoming soundbite) "it's hard playing against 10 players when they all get behind the ball" We all know this but.......unfortunately sometimes it can be true.

Unbeaten run extended ........... nice :)

Dreamsof83
27-10-2021, 09:16 PM
Missed opportunity......yes
Point gained......ultimately yes
Momentum continues. Now, bring on the fermers!

weegiearab
27-10-2021, 09:25 PM
Yip...would have taken a point before the match. Hopefully, no injuries and we got a bit of squad rotation done. Would like to think the players will see that as a missed opportunity and will use it to bounce back on Saturday. Another tough game at the weekend and fingers crossed for a strong ref performance. We are clearly getting to the stage now where some teams are just gonna kick our players off the park.

shedka
27-10-2021, 09:41 PM
If you offered me 4 pts from the first two games this week I'd have taken it (and 21 pts for first quarter after Pittodrie)

Other results went for us too really, no one gained anything apart from Celtic (but that was gonna happen anyway) and Ross County (lmao)

Also the way we have responded to losing goals recently is very encouraging

Roll on St Johnstone on Saturday, let's get right into them Utd

weegiearab
27-10-2021, 09:48 PM
Any word on how long mcnulty is out for? I like NC as an impact sub but he ain't our answer is he? I am still hoping that we don' revert to thumping in high balls for the new fella. Apere seems to have stalled as well. Hopefully a wee bit of tinkering in January might get us amongst the goals....I am struggling to think of any games where we threatened to score 5 against someone.

Chick A Saw
27-10-2021, 10:06 PM
Just started the second half on Alba and have to say their goal is a wee weather induced mistake from Benji with Clark being caught ball watching and maybe should have moved to give Benji some space.

Class move again for PPs goal, then that challenge! Had a bit of sympathy for the lad, but looking at it slowed down certainly shows why the ref didnt hesitate with his card.

Livi should have been 2 -1 up though!

Arabdownsouth
27-10-2021, 11:02 PM
I don't think we ever looked like losing in the second half, a pity Max couldn't get a better contact with his header though cos that was our big opportunity for all 3 points. We've had a lot worse performances and results on that shyte pitch so will take the point and move on to Saturday. We have a nice little gap to Hibs and Well and 7 points clear of bottom six too. Oh and at least we are not the funsters :D:D

Did McMullan assist any of the goals before he got hooked? Hopefully peter will be along to confirm? :D:D

Whitfieldarab
27-10-2021, 11:09 PM
Just back. Two points dropped imo. We should have managed that 2nd half a lot better than that. Freeman was taking up some brilliant positions to be positive then he'd pass it back....so frustrating. We were crying out for a target to aim at as Clark.....well.... went back to being Clark so can't believe Tam didn't give Biamou more minutes to put their two 6 fut fev centre half's under pressure physically.

Biamou needs to start on Saturday.

ahlltanyirhide
27-10-2021, 11:15 PM
Just back. Two points dropped imo. We should have managed that 2nd half a lot better than that. Freeman was taking up some brilliant positions to be positive then he'd pass it back....so frustrating. We were crying out for a target to aim at as Clark.....well.... went back to being Clark so can't believe Tam didn't give Biamou more minutes to put their two 6 fut fev centre half's under pressure physically.

Yeah, was screaming for Freeman to take the full back on then for Chalmers who did exactly the same as Freeman, so phukkin frustrating. Take a point there though, not too happy about it.......but, five phukkin zip at Hame to the bottom of the league ��������

Arabdownsouth
27-10-2021, 11:40 PM
Niskanen booked for nothing tonight but that handball on Saturday didn't merit a card, ****ing ridiculous standard of referees in Scottish football. The sooner they bring VAR in the better.

Chick A Saw
27-10-2021, 11:48 PM
Niskanen booked for nothing tonight but that handball on Saturday didn't merit a card, ****ing ridiculous standard of referees in Scottish football. The sooner they bring VAR in the better.

Dont know if i want VAR after the challenge that McMann got booked for, although i think the conditions played a part in that one. A second look had it looking 2 footed which may have changed a refs mind to show a red.

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 12:03 AM
Dont know if i want VAR after the challenge that McMann got booked for, although i think the conditions played a part in that one. A second look had it looking 2 footed which may have changed a refs mind to show a red.

I'd still rather have it, it would put an end to refs favouring the ugly sisters once and for all

TerryTheTerror
28-10-2021, 08:19 AM
I'd still rather have it, it would put an end to refs favouring the ugly sisters once and for all

Eh, good ane. ☹️

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 08:35 AM
Eh, good ane. ☹️

You think not I assume? What's your reasoning? If it's down to cameras they can't lie and it won't be down to the man with the whistle only.

BackRowArab
28-10-2021, 08:52 AM
You think not I assume? What's your reasoning? If it's down to cameras they can't lie and it won't be down to the man with the whistle only.

It will still be the same Scottish referees looking at the videos. No way they are chopping off a last minute winner at Ibrox/Parkhead

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 08:58 AM
It will still be the same Scottish referees looking at the videos. No way they are chopping off a last minute winner at Ibrox/Parkhead

I don't agree, camera evidence has to be used and they would have to be held accountable if they deliberately ignore it. Its used pretty successfully in England and would make a big difference in my opinion. It would certainly make a difference to how things are now anyway

tHeArAb
28-10-2021, 09:41 AM
Didn't see any of the game but have to be disappointed and not being able to capitalise on 10 men for 45mins. We had 83% possession at one point when I looked. Shows we still lack that killer instinct in front of goal to some extent. Did the absence of Fuchs from the starting lineup play a part at all? He's the last player I'd have expected to be rested.

BackRowArab
28-10-2021, 09:47 AM
Didn't see any of the game but have to be disappointed and not being able to capitalise on 10 men for 45mins. We had 83% possession at one point when I looked. Shows we still lack that killer instinct in front of goal to some extent. Did the absence of Fuchs from the starting lineup play a part at all? He's the last player I'd have expected to be rested.

He was carrying a knock apparently.

To be fair to Livi they defended brilliantly in the second half

Chick A Saw
28-10-2021, 09:57 AM
I don't agree, camera evidence has to be used and they would have to be held accountable if they deliberately ignore it. Its used pretty successfully in England and would make a big difference in my opinion. It would certainly make a difference to how things are now anyway

They dont seem to be held accountable now so how do you think it would be any different next season if VAR comes in? I think there is a system in England where a ref can be dropped after a poor performance, but they are also rotated between Match Ref and 4th official which some media and fans outlets try to make more of if it meets their agenda.

Refs in Scotland seem to be above question and you see that in practice with the number of times a ref goes over to the dugouts and the touchline bans that are dished out, something i am less aware of from doon sooth.

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 09:57 AM

Game was on Alba last night and available on BBC iplayer if you want to catch it up. I think big Max had our best opportunity to win it and with a little luck would have. Mulgrew had a decent long range effort saved too.

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 10:02 AM
They dont seem to be held accountable now so how do you think it would be any different next season if VAR comes in? I think there is a system in England where a ref can be dropped after a poor performance, but they are also rotated between Match Ref and 4th official which some media and fans outlets try to make more of if it meets their agenda.

Refs in Scotland seem to be above question and you see that in practice with the number of times a ref goes over to the dugouts and the touchline bans that are dished out, something i am less aware of from doon sooth.

They will be right in the spotlight and whether they like it or not will have to get in line. VAR works reasonably effectively everywhere else so I see no reason why Scotland has to be any different. If its clear on camera the correct decision has to be made.

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 10:20 AM
Anyone know how many United fans were at the game?

Arabgee
28-10-2021, 10:32 AM

Totally agree with Whitfieldarab.

Biamou did more to upset the Livi defenders in the short time he was on the pitch than Clark did for the time he was on.

Sand Dancer
28-10-2021, 10:32 AM
I watched it on Livi's live streaming (cost £20 grasping B******s) Though both teams were pretty good and even 1st half but Utd took the foot off the gas 2nd half. Played like a training session. Neither full backs tried to get in behind the Livi defence and neither did Chalmers when he came on. Niskenen did try until subbed. To much trying to pass through the oppossion who packed their box.
We needed to speed the game up not slow it down with constant ball back and across the field. Obviously trying to get Livi to come out and leave gaps but they were not falling for it.

2 points dropped and 2nd place in league given up in my opinion, a bit frustrating but having said that, we have done a lot better results wise than would have predicted at this stage so take that as a positive and lets send the Staints back home empty handed on Saturday

BackRowArab
28-10-2021, 11:19 AM
Anyone know how many United fans were at the game?

1,800 I believe

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 11:21 AM
1,800 I believe

That's a fantastic effort on a miserable night, well done to everyone! Nearly tripled the home support

ARAbCHNID
28-10-2021, 11:51 AM
One has to feel sorry for Livi fans, they don't have the population & they have no history or tradition, they were born out of Ferranti Thistle then Meadowbank Thistle.
Credit to their fans for not going off to support you know who.
The attendance last night was given as 2,586 so that suggests less than 1,000 home fans.

Dave63
28-10-2021, 01:28 PM
Why is some people going on about not winning against ten men . Have seen it lots times the team with advantage can't get that goal which would win the game with lot better strikers than we have . Nobody said anything about St Johnstone when we down to ten against them it's not always that easy to even create the chances

japanarab
28-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Why is some people going on about not winning against ten men . Have seen it lots times the team with advantage can't get that goal which would win the game with lot better strikers than we have . Nobody said anything about St Johnstone when we down to ten against them it's not always that easy to even create the chances

Playing against 10 men in the pissing rain on plastic against a stubborn boring team was never gonna be easy. 4th, one win from being joint top after the first quarter--pretty good, pretty pretty good. If we continue every quarter the same way we'll finish with 84 points!!! Of course it'll never happen but let's enjoy it--remember we were joint favourites to go doon---just look at next door to see how shyte it can get.

ARAbCHNID
28-10-2021, 04:08 PM
Playing against 10 men in the pissing rain on plastic against a stubborn boring team was never gonna be easy. 4th, one win from being joint top after the first quarter--pretty good, pretty pretty good. If we continue every quarter the same way we'll finish with 84 points!!! Of course it'll never happen but let's enjoy it--remember we were joint favourites to go doon---just look at next door to see how shyte it can get.

Wee correction Japan, there are 3 quarters then 5 games.
After this 1st quarter tho I wouldn't be surprised if we end up better than just top 6, I'm talking Europe. Do we need 4th for that, does it depend on Cup winners etc?
Yes, one game at a time & all that but I do think we're seeing gradual improvement.

tHeArAb
28-10-2021, 04:33 PM

Because when you have a one man advantage for 45 minutes of the game its fair to say you have an advantage which, if not capitalised on, can feel a bit disappointing. Equally, if you go down to ten men and hold on then the players get extra praise for digging in and getting a result while a man short, as ours did vs Saints.

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 04:50 PM
Because when you have a one man advantage for 45 minutes of the game its fair to say you have an advantage which, if not capitalised on, can feel a bit disappointing. Equally, if you go down to ten men and hold on then the players get extra praise for digging in and getting a result while a man short, as ours did vs Saints.

I seem to remember a game against Motherwell where we went down to 10 early on and proceeded to play them off the park, during Sackies tenure I think.

Dave63
28-10-2021, 04:59 PM

Obviously disappointed but it happens against ten men

JamesMcClean
28-10-2021, 05:05 PM
I seem to remember a game against Motherwell where we went down to 10 early on and proceeded to play them off the park, during Sackies tenure I think.

Cup winning season - Dixon sent off first half. Culminated in Swanaldinho’s Bannon-esque mazy in the second half to secure a 3-0 win. I.i.r.c we were actually better after the red card.

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 05:43 PM
Cup winning season - Dixon sent off first half. Culminated in Swanaldinho’s Bannon-esque mazy in the second half to secure a 3-0 win. I.i.r.c we were actually better after the red card.

My memory is shocking, remember it happening and that we played 2 up front even with 10 men but completely forget all the details :D:D

tHeArAb
28-10-2021, 06:04 PM

Your memory of games is unreal! 😂

Arabdownsouth
28-10-2021, 06:36 PM
Your memory of games is unreal! ��

Remarkably so when compared to my own ����

offshore_arab83
28-10-2021, 09:05 PM
Went through last night but never got a chance to post after it or today but here goes a rambling of thoughts

I think Tam got that wrong last night. How we took aff the Finn who was on the left and then brought on chalmers to play on the right I’ll never know. Should have had both on and both Clark and Max up front. Should have went for the kill

Harkes fell out of the game after his booking

Freeman I’m not sure wtf was up with him he wouldn’t drive forward and would just stop and pass it back

Clark was not happy being subbed

Levitt is f ucking immense so let’s enjoy him while he’s here

Defence in general was good again and done their job well

Why are we pulling everyone back for corners, set pieces etc? How no keep 1 x forward at half way line? Benji caught the ball at one point and we had no chunt up for him to pass too

The bovril was outstanding

The car park after the game was a f ucking disaster

Bring on the fermers

Chick A Saw
28-10-2021, 10:39 PM
Aufshore,
Maybe Tam had the same thoughts as many of us that the game was a bit of a banana skin and experimented a bit?

I think he did this by starting Glass and Levitt together as it had to be tried at some point to see if it would work, and maybe things would have been better with Fuchs on for longer. I would also say that Tam has not always used as many subs as he could and was maybe using the squad to save players for Saturday?

Freeman might have been looking at the conditions and didnt want to be the one to make a mistake?

Levitt, what a player! I loved John Eustace and always looked where is career went, but i dont think i will be having to search too far for Levitt as he surely gonna have a career at the very top!

Corners! Been going on for years, and i would love to see some attacking intent with the defence we have and put Niskanen and whatever other flying machine is on the park, which in turn takes attacking players out our box.

Shedboy1971
28-10-2021, 10:45 PM
big fan of Freeman but that was just like smith last night. We played some good stuff. 1-1 was a dissapointment and we are 4th so all in all still happy. We were favourites to go down and now dundee have better odds than us to win the cup. Perfect stuff - we are a striker away from challenging for 3rd maybe we have him now but not sure he will be prolific but he is our best option up top when he gets fit. Should of scored but meh

japanarab
29-10-2021, 12:17 AM
big fan of Freeman but that was just like smith last night. We played some good stuff. 1-1 was a dissapointment and we are 4th so all in all still happy. We were favourites to go down and now dundee have better odds than us to win the cup. Perfect stuff - we are a striker away from challenging for 3rd maybe we have him now but not sure he will be prolific but he is our best option up top when he gets fit. Should of scored but meh

Someone mentioned that Freeman was maybe a bit apprehensive on that surface and also previous injury playing on his mind.

A. J
29-10-2021, 06:09 AM
Listening to the press saying Dees are back after they got Griffiths, and that result v Dons, if somebody had said we would be 2nd bottom after a 0-5 gubbing and they would be 4th I wouldn't have been surprised.

Now, secretly most of us will be disappointed if we're not at least top 6,
Massive credit to all for the current feel good factor, I said it last year that we had lost the connection but by god it's back.

Long may it continue

JUSTaway
29-10-2021, 08:39 AM
I was chatting to Livi home and away fan after the match who was very complimentary about Utds passing and the size of our support, he thought we were the best passing team he'd seen.

I'd have took a point before the match, but obviously disappointing not to capitalise second half, and overall I didn't feel we deserved anything more than a point. To be honest, as the game wore on, we were starting to get a bit desperate and giving away some daft free-kicks through our frustration, I was starting to get bit worried there might be a late sting in the tail.

Have to agree with above comments, our full backs have been good this season and got deserved plaudits, but offensively v Livi they were really poor second half (looked a bit shakey defensively too). Freeman for whatever reason refused once to take his man on despite being in great position repeatedly, and by playing the ball inside it was just taking the ball back into congested part of the pitch, he seemed to lack the confidence or doubted he had the pace to beat his man. Made it very predictable/easy for Livi to defend. When Chalmers came on his instinct is to go inside all the time too, but possibly should have created chance to slip in Freeman down the line, but it never happened. McMann was more direct and got to the byeline at least on some occasions, but 2nd half his first touch was bit poor and overhit a few crosses, wasn't his greatest night but conditions/pitch probably didn't help.

Have to mention our goal, the pass by Levitt and assist by Niskanen really was fantastic.

Take a point though, and if we beat St John on Sat, 7/9 pts would represent brilliant return. Still feel going into games we are reliant on our defence having a clean sheet to win games. Other thing that strikes me after first round of fixtures, this is def toughest league in seasons, the hope early doors that Livi/County might be rotten has not happened (prob bad news for Dundee). I could easy see any team outside Old Firm and maybe Hearts, go 4-6 games without a win at some point, because games are so tight (except at Dens midweek obviously).

stokearab
29-10-2021, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys for all the reports from the match. If we win on Saturday I think this will look like a decent point.

Arabdownsouth
29-10-2021, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys for all the reports from the match. If we win on Saturday I think this will look like a decent point.

We might win if you do the match thread mate, you've a good record lately ;D

Shedboy1971
29-10-2021, 03:00 PM
Someone mentioned that Freeman was maybe a bit apprehensive on that surface and also previous injury playing on his mind.

fair point id forgotten that

GUNBOAT
29-10-2021, 05:39 PM
We might win if you do the match thread mate, you've a good record lately ;D

I have got a 100% Hospo win rate mate,if everybody chips in i'm sure i could handle another tomorrow.

Arabdownsouth
29-10-2021, 05:59 PM
I have got a 100% Hospo win rate mate,if everybody chips in i'm sure i could handle another tomorrow.

Hahaha well played mate ��

Apologies btw for not making this weekend as I'd hoped. Not been great healthwise last few weeks so been off work and just taking things easy for the time being. I'm not sure what the situation is with the vaccine passport thing but if my English one will suffice then I may try for the sheep game in November as its likely to be over 10,000 crowd I'd imagine.

GUNBOAT
30-10-2021, 03:48 AM
Hahaha well played mate ��

Apologies btw for not making this weekend as I'd hoped. Not been great healthwise last few weeks so been off work and just taking things easy for the time being. I'm not sure what the situation is with the vaccine passport thing but if my English one will suffice then I may try for the sheep game in November as its likely to be over 10,000 crowd I'd imagine.

Nae probs mate,the Sheep have lost out on thousands of pounds in revenue by stating their crowd v Hearts will be below 10,000 and restricting Hearts to 800 fans.I cannie really understand why they turn down easy money with random passport checks(Hearts asked for between 2/3 thousand tickets)but instead aim for the slightly more complicated USA TV market XD.
I reckon its due to that lunatic running the asylum up there.

GUNBOAT
30-10-2021, 04:13 AM
Just read something in the P&J regarding Aberdeen,Cormack was squealing like a pig to the Scottish Government last season about fans being allowed back and now he has got his wish he has decided to restrict the capacity by 50%.
The reasoning behind this seems to be he said there would be no passport checks at Pittodrie and he is a man of his word regardless of the fact they are losing out on thousands of pounds of match day revenue.Another strange statement says only 65% of season ticket holders will attend the games because the rest are still afraid of catching covid.
Like that absolute shytehole of a ground it all smells a bit fishy to me.

A. J
30-10-2021, 08:54 AM
only 65% of season ticket holders will attend the games because the rest are still afraid of catching covid.

That could well be the draft email sitting for Keyes to send to Nelms explaining the estimated attendance at Dees next home game

2 things though, 1 that figure may go up depending on today and 2 will he remember to send it