PDA

View Full Version : You can fool some of the people, some of the time......

sinkov
03-11-2021, 08:54 AM
"Virginia governor election: Biden's presidency in crisis as Republican Glenn Youngkin pulls off huge win
Democrat support collapses in first major referendum on Joe Biden's presidency"

Americans begin to wake up to the mistake they made. Come back Donald. O:)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/02/glenn-youngkin-wins-virginia-governor-election-result

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2021, 09:27 AM
I thought the Democrats might make a difference to how the US operates both at home and internationally. I was wrong! :blue:

Biden is worse than useless. :s

Could the Trumpster actually win the next election? :confused:

If he retires, plays golf and stops massaging his ego the Republicans will walk back into the White House. :O

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2021, 09:46 AM
Talking of which sinkov, "You can fool some of the people, some of the time......"

We have a Home Secretary who actually thins Cressida Dick is doing a great job running the Metropolitan Police Force.

Under Dick's watch we have a police officer incarcerated for life for raping and murdering a young woman while arresting her for an alleged breach of Covid rules.

Under Dick's watch we have two serving male police officers who have pleaded guilty to distributing photographs of two butchered sisters slain by a Satanist whack job.

Under Dick's watch, fellow police officers of the two vile offenders received WhatsApp photoshopped images of the two slain and mutilated sisters with the faces of the offenders imposed over the dead bodies.

Women in London are not safe, Dick needs instant dismissal and the misogynistic, racist Metropolitan police force needs sorting from the top to the bottom.

No more excuses. No more exploitation of vulnerable women by serving male police officers. Stop the rot, you can fool some of the people, some of the time, but for the sake of the safety of London's women she needs to go - now.

If this "hard on criminals" specimen refuses to sack Dick, she needs to go too!

sinkov
03-11-2021, 11:32 AM
Talking of which sinkov, "You can fool some of the people, some of the time......"

We have a Home Secretary who actually thins Cressida Dick is doing a great job running the Metropolitan Police Force.

Under Dick's watch we have a police officer incarcerated for life for raping and murdering a young woman while arresting her for an alleged breach of Covid rules.

Under Dick's watch we have two serving male police officers who have pleaded guilty to distributing photographs of two butchered sisters slain by a Satanist whack job.

Under Dick's watch, fellow police officers of the two vile offenders received WhatsApp photoshopped images of the two slain and mutilated sisters with the faces of the offenders imposed over the dead bodies.

Women in London are not safe, Dick needs instant dismissal and the misogynistic, racist Metropolitan police force needs sorting from the top to the bottom.

No more excuses. No more exploitation of vulnerable women by serving male police officers. Stop the rot, you can fool some of the people, some of the time, but for the sake of the safety of London's women she needs to go - now.

If this "hard on criminals" specimen refuses to sack Dick, she needs to go too!

What does the Leader of HM Opposition and the Mayor of London have to say about this ? You'd think they would be banging the Home Secretary's door down, but all I hear from them is silence. Could it be because they were complicit in this useless lefty toe-rag getting the job in the first place ? I only ask. O:)

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2021, 12:18 PM
I was discussing this very issue this morning on the 'phone with a mate of mine sinkov.

I am bewildered, my mate is bewildered. The streets of London are not safe for women, that is an incontrovertible fact.

We both think the Mayor of London is a first class tw@T, same goes for Starmer, but I am totally befuddled why female MP's from both sides of the House are not taking the lid off.

We have an errant, incompetent sitting government and only Jeremy Corbyn seems to give a $hit.

Swissclaret
03-11-2021, 01:15 PM
If it were a man running the Met, people would be baying for blood. The fact is that Dick (despite her name) is a woman. The “sisterhood” screaming for equal rights, that women can do a better job than men cannot loose face by having to admit that one of the “sisters” is useless. Men cannot speak out because they would immediately be called racist, ***ually discriminating and mysoginistic.

In addition, Mrs ***** might be hurt and offended by the criticism, needing millions in compensation and therapy for life.

Meanwhile, women are not safe from assault, battery, rape, being “spiked”.

Product of the woke world that we now live in.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2021, 06:24 PM
If it were a man running the Met, people would be baying for blood. The fact is that Dick (despite her name) is a woman. The “sisterhood” screaming for equal rights, that women can do a better job than men cannot loose face by having to admit that one of the “sisters” is useless. Men cannot speak out because they would immediately be called racist, ***ually discriminating and mysoginistic.

In addition, Mrs ***** might be hurt and offended by the criticism, needing millions in compensation and therapy for life.

Meanwhile, women are not safe from assault, battery, rape, being “spiked”.

Product of the woke world that we now live in.

Honestly mate I have no idea what is right and wrong anymore.

The world is upside down and the Tories have just voted to keep one of their chums who is on the take in the House of Commons.

Well they would, wouldn't they? :blue:

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2021, 06:27 PM
"Virginia governor election: Biden's presidency in crisis as Republican Glenn Youngkin pulls off huge win
Democrat support collapses in first major referendum on Joe Biden's presidency"

Americans begin to wake up to the mistake they made. Come back Donald. O:)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/02/glenn-youngkin-wins-virginia-governor-election-result

The sleaze party in full sleaze mode...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/tories-accused-of-wallowing-in-sleaze-as-ex-ni-secretary-avoids-suspension-41014437.html

Vintage Claret
03-11-2021, 08:12 PM
The sleaze party in full sleaze mode...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/tories-accused-of-wallowing-in-sleaze-as-ex-ni-secretary-avoids-suspension-41014437.html

It is very disappointing that parliament was unable to back the "Parliamentary Standards Commissioner", Kathryn Stone and also the parliamentary standards committee over Owen Paterson. Since Paterson has shown not the slightest remorse over the events that have taken place it does beg an answer to the question "Just what will these people do to fill their own pockets".

During the course of my working life I have met several political party leaders of all the political spectrum, only two of whom have left a lasting impression one of which was good the other not so good.

Firstly Margaret Thatcher, who preferred to listen to herself and completely incapable of excepting anyone else's opinion that contradicted her own, whether its was within her own political party or any other source.

Secondly I was impressed with Tony Benn, a true gentleman who would listen intently to what anyone had to say to him and he was prepared to debate with anyone.

Unfortunately the British media thought Thatcher was a saint while Tony Benn was branded a member of the looney left.

One has to wonder what history will make of our present politicians, for my self I would not trust any of them.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2021, 08:30 PM
The plain and simple truth is Boris Johnson’s government has rewritten the rules to benefit both himself and his mates and their cronies.

The saddest thing is we have the weakest opposition party in political history.

Where we go from here I have no f*cking idea. :blue:

Vintage Claret
03-11-2021, 08:58 PM
The plain and simple truth is Boris Johnson’s government has rewritten the rules to benefit both himself and his mates and their cronies.

The saddest thing is we have the weakest opposition party in political history.

Where we go from here I have no f*cking idea. :blue:

Since I retired over twenty years ago I have not had any personal contact with any political leaders. However it does appear that Starmer is not what is needed as leader of the opposition and he seems to be allowing Johnson to get away with things that appear clearly not to be in the interest of the British people.

The only labour politician that appears to be ready to take on Johnson is Andy Burnham, but he is not a member of parliament. As for a challenge within the tory party not one person comes to mind.

sinkov
03-11-2021, 09:41 PM

Storm in a teacup, the woman is a Lefty, common purpose graduate with a proven record of excusing Labour wrongdoings but coming down hard on the Tories. Even Bercow, who hates the Tories more than any Labour MP, said the Paterson case had been badly handled. Her vindictive inquiry has already caused the suicide of Paterson's's wife, at last the Tories have got something right, hopefully she'll resign and they'll be well shot of her.

And of course, what goes around comes around, Labour MPs will pretend they're outraged, and pretend they've never heard of Elizabeth Filkin, but I'm sure you'll remember her well BT, the Standards Commissioner hounded out of office by Labour after her investigation into Labour sleazebag extraordinaire Peter Mandelson.

After listening to two minutes of Labour hypocrites whining today, I switched the radio off and went in search of a sick bag.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-11-2021, 03:53 AM
Storm in a teacup, the woman is a Lefty, common purpose graduate with a proven record of excusing Labour wrongdoings but coming down hard on the Tories. Even Bercow, who hates the Tories more than any Labour MP, said the Paterson case had been badly handled. Her vindictive inquiry has already caused the suicide of Paterson's's wife, at last the Tories have got something right, hopefully she'll resign and they'll be well shot of her.

And of course, what goes around comes around, Labour MPs will pretend they're outraged, and pretend they've never heard of Elizabeth Filkin, but I'm sure you'll remember her well BT, the Standards Commissioner hounded out of office by Labour after her investigation into Labour sleazebag extraordinaire Peter Mandelson.

After listening to two minutes of Labour hypocrites whining today, I switched the radio off and went in search of a sick bag.

Your "blue" blind spot never fails to amaze me sinkov, every time the Tories come under fire you attack either the Labour party or the person who revealed the sleaze.

The Independent Standards Commissioner and the standards committee found that Owen Paterson MP broke parliamentary rules, he was guilty of lobbying on behalf of two companies who paid him more than £100,000.

He used his Parliamentary office to do so, and it was recommended by the Parliamentary standards committee that he be suspended from Parliament. But that didn’t happen, the Tory "scum" (Angela Rayner spot on!:?) circled the wagons and protected one of their own.

Not only did the Conservative MPs overturn the findings of the committee yesterday, they then voted to alter the rules that govern the committee!

I hope your sick bag has a strong bottom mon ami! XD

The Bedlington Terrier
04-11-2021, 04:32 AM
Cash for questions anyone?

Just more every day Tory corruption. Paterson was receiving money from a private company to ask questions on its behalf.

Remind me sinkov who was the last Tory toerag from Cheshire who was caught bang at it? :O

The Bedlington Terrier
04-11-2021, 04:38 AM
Neil Hamilton and his accomplice who's name escapes me, but the Tory scum never learn do they sinkov?

If I recall correctly following the ‘Cash for Questions’ scandal the Conservative Party set up a Committee on Standards in Public Life to look at the declining standards of parliament and people in public life.

A quarter of a century on and they are still bang at it. It really is disgraceful.

Vintage Claret
04-11-2021, 08:44 AM
Neil Hamilton and his accomplice who's name escapes me, but the Tory scum never learn do they sinkov?

If I recall correctly following the ‘Cash for Questions’ scandal the Conservative Party set up a Committee on Standards in Public Life to look at the declining standards of parliament and people in public life.

A quarter of a century on and they are still bang at it. It really is disgraceful.

If I remember correctly after the Neil Hamilton scandal, he was defeated in the next general election by Martin Bell, the white suit man. But then didn't Hamilton and his wife take up television appearances so maximising their ill gotten gains as I don't think they would have been doing it for free.

Under the current government we are regressing in terms of the underhanded behaviour which only shows the greed of some of our so called leaders.

outwoodclaret
04-11-2021, 09:08 AM
The only labour politician that appears to be ready to take on Johnson is Andy Burnham, but he is not a member of parliament. As for a challenge within the tory party not one person comes to mind.

Burnham may not currently be an MP but he sure has ambition and doubtless is hoping to use his position as Mayor of Manchester to mount a future leadership bid. The Red Wall is safe with me is one of his slogans. Unfortunately the Green Belt where I live in Radcliffe is not. His “Places for Everyone” plan is to build all over a big chunk of it.

sinkov
04-11-2021, 09:19 AM
Your "blue" blind spot never fails to amaze me sinkov, every time the Tories come under fire you attack either the Labour party or the person who revealed the sleaze.

The Independent Standards Commissioner and the standards committee found that Owen Paterson MP broke parliamentary rules, he was guilty of lobbying on behalf of two companies who paid him more than £100,000.

He used his Parliamentary office to do so, and it was recommended by the Parliamentary standards committee that he be suspended from Parliament. But that didn’t happen, the Tory "scum" (Angela Rayner spot on!:?) circled the wagons and protected one of their own.

Not only did the Conservative MPs overturn the findings of the committee yesterday, they then voted to alter the rules that govern the committee!

I hope your sick bag has a strong bottom mon ami! XD

Politics BT, I'm amazed at your naivety, even the poison dwarf Bercow wasn't having the process. Instead of just the usual tedious Lefty knee jerk reaction, find out what Bercow was objecting to, find out what Paterson is objecting to, find out just how flawed and dysfunctional the process was. It stinks and the Tories have done something about it.

And while you're at it, tell me exactly what it is that Paterson has done wrong, exactly and precisely please, not hiding behind some meaningless word like lobbying, and also while we're at it, do you remember Elizabeth Filkin, or are you like all lefties, possessed of a selective memory ?

The Bedlington Terrier
04-11-2021, 12:39 PM
Politics BT, I'm amazed at your naivety, even the poison dwarf Bercow wasn't having the process. Instead of just the usual tedious Lefty knee jerk reaction, find out what Bercow was objecting to, find out what Paterson is objecting to, find out just how flawed and dysfunctional the process was. It stinks and the Tories have done something about it.

And while you're at it, tell me exactly what it is that Paterson has done wrong, exactly and precisely please, not hiding behind some meaningless word like lobbying, and also while we're at it, do you remember Elizabeth Filkin, or are you like all lefties, possessed of a selective memory ?

You can’t blame the Labour party for this self- imposed Tory mess sinkov. Kathryn Stone who seeks out all party bad behaviour is employed by parliament, rather than the government, to safeguard independence.

Stone pursued Johnson relentlessly for his well-documented Mustique freebie and the pair have form. She is currently the sixth commissioner since the post was created in 1995. She has previously published highly critical reports on the behaviour of the likes of former Labour MP Keith Vaz and the DUP MP Ian Paisley Jr. Like I said she pursues wrong ‘uns across the political spectrum.

Paterson’s financial skulduggery was revealed by the Parliamentary Standards Committee who found that Mr Paterson, the Conservative MP for North Shropshire, had repeatedly lobbied on the behalf of Randox, the clinical diagnostics company, and Lynn’s Country Foods, the food manufacturer.

His own register of interests suggests they paid him £112,000 a year, significantly more than his salary as an MP. The dude is paid taxpayers lucre to represent his constituents, not to promote the interests of his lifestyle funders.

What Elizabeth Filkin has got to with this is beyond me mon ami? I recall a Vaz inspired "whispering campaign" against Ms Filkin, when he was alleged to be plying young men with drugs and then having his way with them and she was all over his case.. Where is Vaz now?

sinkov
04-11-2021, 05:47 PM
There you go again BT, hiding behind the word 'lobbied', what has he actually done ? You don't know do you, because you'd have to delve deeply into this case to actually find out what it's all about, which very few people who are commenting on this case will actually have done, and it's difficult to find out because Stone has conducted this witch-hunt in a disgraceful fashion, which even had the Tory hating Bercow getting very twitchy about it.

I've been following this case closely for quite some time BT, unlike some who have only come across it recently, and just want to use it as a stick to beat the Tories with, because Rose Paterson was Chairman of Aintree racecourse, and as such I'd seen her interviewed on TV many times and read a lot about her, and when she committed suicide I was shocked, from what I knew of her she was one of the last people on earth you'd expect to to top herself. So I found out what was behind it, expecting it to be one of the two usual suspects, $ex or money, but it was neither, it was the knowledge that Stone was persuing her husband, with no due process, and was determined to wreck his career, his reputation and by association hers as well. She knew 2 years ago what the outcome would be, they could do nothing about it, he was being stitched up like a kipper by Stone, so the poor woman took her own life.

I notice the stone-faced bitch hasn't resigned, she'll carry on collecting her blood money for another couple of years, but Paterson has resigned. Good for him, one MP with some decency and honour, unlike the lefty ****houses on the Labour benches, skulking behind their muzzles, set of ****s.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-11-2021, 05:53 PM
You said previously it was a storm in a teacup sinkov.

I lost my 23 year old son to suicide and in this scenario there are a million questions and no answers. Who knows what drove Rose Paterson to commit suicide. I just pray she rests in peace.

Regarding her husband, it’s just the usual Cameron styled “nice work if you can get it,” Tory bollox sinkov. Paterson tried to promote Randox products by praising their supposed “superior technology” and that he promoted other unrelated products from the company.
The committee found these were all attempts to confer a pecuniary benefit on Randox, to whom he was a paid consultant; Paterson was found to be knowingly in breach of the lobbying rules.

The independent committee also discovered Paterson’s attempts to get one of Lynn’s Country Foods’ competitors to relabel their product, so as not to compete with Lynn’s own nitrite-free goods.

He was also asking for this information to be promoted in the press; it is not a coincidence he was paid more than £100,000 for his work for Randox and Lynn’s.

It is abundantly clear to me the paid advocacy rule does not distinguish between lobbying for good causes and lobbying for bad causes. It only applies to lobbying for reward or consideration.

Paterson was also found to have gone beyond presenting alleged “evidence” of a serious wrong, his repeated follow-up approaches to the Food Standards Agency about milk testing were blatant attempts to promote the brand.

He’s a wrong ‘un mon ami, stop defending the indefensible.

Balanbam00
04-11-2021, 07:55 PM
It is clear, what is missing in political party's today is the lack of morality. That begs the question, how to form a political party under leadership implanted with a duty, a task of morality?

The only Socio-economic Movement that can do this is 'PROUT,' with it's leadership of spiritual moralist

In the Philippines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHvT5VDpnyI

OroqCoco is a workers owned cooperative that produces all-natural, healthy, vegan products from local raw materials. We at OroqCoco provide high quality employment to women and coconut farmers in rural areas. This allows them to earn good salaries right in their own Barangays!
When more people can participate in the economy and do well for themselves, everybody benefits!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCECkzXUT41_vneWLXj1Fu3w

sinkov
04-11-2021, 09:24 PM
"You said previously it was a storm in a teacup sinkov."

Indeed it is BT, just another day in the political sewer. Stone decides she's having Paterson's head on a plate and Lefties rub their hands with glee when said head is presented to them. Boris huffs and puffs and then collapses like a blob of jelly in a heatwave. Just another day at the office, but why is it just a storm in a teacup ? Check the next opinion polls, it won't have made a blind bit of difference, Joe Public long ago decided that politicians are corrupt, all of them, Joe's only reaction on hearing of this latest Westminster pantomime will be to yawn and ask, 'What's for tea love ?'

The Bedlington Terrier
05-11-2021, 05:21 AM
Our politicians have to realise the concept of "public duty".

They are held to the highest standard of morality because that's the job.

Paterson had little choice but to fall on his sword and he has. His wife's death was tragic, but perhaps Paterson's ordeal will make MP's from across the House of Commons consider the probable consequences of failing to keep their noses out of the trough...

The Bedlington Terrier
05-11-2021, 06:38 AM
"You said previously it was a storm in a teacup sinkov."

Indeed it is BT, just another day in the political sewer. Stone decides she's having Paterson's head on a plate and Lefties rub their hands with glee when said head is presented to them. Boris huffs and puffs and then collapses like a blob of jelly in a heatwave. Just another day at the office, but why is it just a storm in a teacup ? Check the next opinion polls, it won't have made a blind bit of difference, Joe Public long ago decided that politicians are corrupt, all of them, Joe's only reaction on hearing of this latest Westminster pantomime will be to yawn and ask, 'What's for tea love ?'

Paterson resigned because Blow Job ordered a swift u-turn on Wednesday's proceedings. Old Moggy the Commons leader, announced on Thursday morning the shake-up of standards rules would now not happen, so Paterson facing a 30 day suspension and a triggered by-election left them to it. Moral of the story: keep your noses clean and stay away from the trough...

sinkov
05-11-2021, 08:36 AM
Our politicians have to realise the concept of "public duty".

That was Paterson's explanation BT, he was acting in the public interest. He may have been, he may not have been, but we don't know for sure, we can't know because Stone refused to hear his defence witnesses,

"Mr Paterson went on to accuse the Commissioner of having made her “mind up” about the allegations before she put them to him, that he had been “forbidden to challenge this unfair process” and that his responses to allegations were “seemingly ignored”.

He continued: “I reject completely the findings of the Committee for Parliamentary Standards. The methods of the investigation do not create a just and fair outcome. Most importantly, not one of my 17 witnesses have been interviewed during the course of the investigation despite the passage of 24 months – not by the Commissioner, and not by the Committee.

“These highly reputable and reliable witnesses are the very people who say I am not guilty. What court, what workplace investigation, would ignore such evidence and call its procedures fair?

“I believe that no other MP should ever again be subject to this shockingly inadequate process. As in normal judicial proceedings, MPs subject to investigations must have a chance to see their evidence fully considered.

“In my case, I am very clear that I acted properly and within the rules, putting my lifetime experience, my many years as an MP and my service as a Cabinet Minister towards ensuring the public good. I am quite clear that I acted properly, honestly and within the Rules.”

If this was a Court of Law the verdict would be appealed and Stone's verdict would have been thrown out within five minutes by the Judge, but there is no right of appeal for Paterson, Stone is judge and jury. Can you tell me why BT, the 17 witnesses were not called, not heard ?

sinkov
05-11-2021, 08:44 AM
Paterson resigned because Blow Job ordered a swift u-turn on Wednesday's proceedings. Old Moggy the Commons leader, announced on Thursday morning the shake-up of standards rules would now not happen, so Paterson facing a 30 day suspension and a triggered by-election left them to it. Moral of the story: keep your noses clean and stay away from the trough...

He didn't have to resign BT, not by any stretch of the imagination, Boris certainly didn't want him to, he advised him to take his medicine, keep his head down and he'd be back by Christmas. He chose to get himself out of the sewer, a sound decision.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-11-2021, 09:12 AM
The written "evidence" of 17 witnesses was so explicit it served no purpose in listening to the same evidence orally sinkov.

The rules are the rules mon ami. Wood can't move the goalposts every time he is caught offside. Paterson's mates deserted him, his constituents don't want him, and from what I read this morning the opposition parties intend the new Tory candidate to have no one running against them in the imminent by-election.

My last post on this thread poses one final question, “He wasn’t being paid well over £100,000 a year just for his good looks, was he?" ;D

sinkov
05-11-2021, 09:27 AM
The written "evidence" of 17 witnesses was so explicit it served no purpose in listening to the same evidence orally sinkov.

Can't answer it can you BT, thought not. ;D

I did have to laugh at Chris Bryant, he said, with a hilarious lack of self-awareness, that Boris was acting like the UK was Russia. This after a show-trial where no witnesses for the defence were allowed, and there was no judge, no jury and no appeal. He is also an MP in a party that has just nodded through yet another six months of Emergency Powers despite there being no emergency, demands the government re-introduces mask wearing and restrictions on our freedom, and happily manipulates and lies about the Covid stats, not to mention supporting Vaccine Passports for vaccines that do not prevent infection or transmission.

Russia indeed Chris.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-11-2021, 10:08 AM
Can't answer it can you BT, thought not. ;D

I did have to laugh at Chris Bryant, he said, with a hilarious lack of self-awareness, that Boris was acting like the UK was Russia. This after a show-trial where no witnesses for the defence were allowed, and there was no judge, no jury and no appeal. He is also an MP in a party that has just nodded through yet another six months of Emergency Powers despite there being no emergency, demands the government re-introduces mask wearing and restrictions on our freedom, and happily manipulates and lies about the Covid stats, not to mention supporting Vaccine Passports for vaccines that do not prevent infection or transmission.

Russia indeed Chris.

My father-in-law is in an isolation ward with COVID which he caught in hospital sinkov.

The whole ragbag motley collection of them need to do what Paterson has just done, and f*cking resign.

barrie_burn
05-11-2021, 11:25 AM

The rules are the rules mon ami. Wood can't move the goalposts every time he is caught offside. Paterson's mates deserted him, his constituents don't want him, and from what I read this morning the opposition parties intend the new Tory candidate to have no one running against them in the imminent by-election.

My last post on this thread poses one final question, “He wasn’t being paid well over £100,000 a year just for his good looks, was he?" ;D

I was offered a similar deal once but I turned it down,my wife said it was my moral duty:blue:

sinkov
05-11-2021, 11:30 AM
My father-in-law is in an isolation ward with COVID which he caught in hospital sinkov.

The whole ragbag motley collection of them need to do what Paterson has just done, and f*cking resign.

I only know one person who has died as a result of this pandemic BT, she lived two doors away, went into Royal Blackburn in good health for a routine hip replacement, was infected with Covid in the hospital, came out in a coffin.

wanderlust
05-11-2021, 11:31 AM
Apparently, twenty odd of the Tories that voted against the Standards Committee recommendation have been referred to the committee themselves since 2019 and many of the investigations are still ongoing.

The things they are under investigation for include:
- not declaring renting out a £4.5 million home for £2000 a night on airBnB
- regularly offering tours of the HoC as raffle ticket prizes
- failing to register a £13,500 donation from the Jacksonville Jaguars that was given to the All-Party Parliamentary Group for American Football - I kid you not.

The record holder for most sleaze investigations since 2019 is BloJo himself.

sinkov
05-11-2021, 09:10 PM
"Well there we are then. Claudia Webbe, the MP for Leicester East, has this afternoon been sentenced to a suspended 10-week jail sentence and 200 hours’ community service for threatening to throw acid at a friend of her boyfriend and send naked pictures of the victim to her family. Webbe, who was convicted of harassment last month, now faces a recall petition if her appeal against the verdict is not successful. Given her fellow MPs in Westminster seem so keen at present to close loopholes for misbehaving colleagues, Mr S wonders if they will consider the case of those who are convicted in a criminal court but get to remain in Parliament at taxpayers' expense, on the basis of an appeal. Unlike Owen Paterson, Webbe has shown no sign of resigning any time soon...

She is of course the seventh elected Labour MP to be handed a jail sentence, suspended or otherwise, in the past 10 years, following in the footsteps of Eric Illsley, David Chaytor, Jim Devine, Denis MacShane, Elliot Morley (all expenses-related) and Fiona Onasanya (perverting the course of justice.) True to form, Webbe spent the last few hours before the verdict was delivered blocking people who criticised her on Twitter, with her barrister making a last ditch effort to ask the judge to 'please consider my clients suffering as a black woman and the abuse she encounters."

Sorry to digress BT, just remind me where we were.............ah yes, I remember, how did I ever forget, Tory sleaze. :o

Supersub6
05-11-2021, 10:06 PM
Come on sinkov, that is very unfair -----she has been expelled from the Labour Party ------- even if it was only 2 days ago!

sinkov
05-11-2021, 10:55 PM
I think she's from the same CLP as another Labour Party wrong 'un Keith Vaz, there seems to be something rotten in the state of the Leicester CLP. They should call in BT, he'd sort them out overnight and back in Bolton by the morning. What are they waiting for ? ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
06-11-2021, 05:51 AM
I think she's from the same CLP as another Labour Party wrong 'un Keith Vaz, there seems to be something rotten in the state of the Leicester CLP. They should call in BT, he'd sort them out overnight and back in Bolton by the morning. What are they waiting for ? ;D

Sleazebags. Whack jobs. Racists. Homophobes, Islamophobes. Anti-Semites et al.

They are right across both sides of the House of Commons, fractious and divided and cannot possibly have the time nor the inclination to do what they get paid for which is to work for their constituents because they are all too busy placating their appetites and desires in the taxpayers funded trough.

It is no wonder when our sitting Prime Minister is the Minister most investigated for a variety of corruption allegations. £840.00 rolls of wallpaper anyone?

Our very own Bolton North East former Labour MP was as deep in the trough as the next of them.

The culture of greed and idiocy is not exclusive to the Cabal of Cabinet Minister Conservative and Unionist Cretins aided and abetted by their quisling sidekick Kier Starmer who are currently running on self appointed "Emergency Powers" by any means. They are all bang at it.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-11-2021, 06:50 AM
I was offered a similar deal once but I turned it down,my wife said it was my moral duty:blue:

Some people do not get the principle of "moral duty" barrie as our lacklustre Opposition MPs call for an inquiry into Boris Johnson’s free holiday in Spain.

Blow Job has failed to include the gift from Conservative colleague Zac Goldsmith in the register of members’ interests.

He would, wouldn't he?

Balanbam00
06-11-2021, 08:00 AM
The present system of democracy relies on political parties as a means for directing voting processes, representation, etc.
Party politics however only seems to teach us to be quarrelsome, judgemental, divisive, backtracking, tricky, crooked, etc. The party system could be said to act as a bar to natural basic human cooperation.
In fact, the party system generates a class of “political animals”; individuals basking in mudslinging and lazy opportunism. Smart oratory cannot hide the fact that party politics remains divisive and dirty. Party affiliation and party hegemony do not promote basic human integrity.
Then there’s the matter of money. Modern politics has become a career path for professional politicians and not a channel for service to society. Also in the same way as money means everything to politicians, it directly affects the outcome of election campaigns. Huge advertising budgets decide the results on Election Day, and those who contribute the most to campaigns can expect to be favoured by the winning political regime.
It is impossible to keep a high standard of morality ,when the economic system is capitalism.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-11-2021, 08:26 AM
The present system of democracy relies on political parties as a means for directing voting processes, representation, etc.
Party politics however only seems to teach us to be quarrelsome, judgemental, divisive, backtracking, tricky, crooked, etc. The party system could be said to act as a bar to natural basic human cooperation.
In fact, the party system generates a class of “political animals”; individuals basking in mudslinging and lazy opportunism. Smart oratory cannot hide the fact that party politics remains divisive and dirty. Party affiliation and party hegemony do not promote basic human integrity.
Then there’s the matter of money. Modern politics has become a career path for professional politicians and not a channel for service to society. Also in the same way as money means everything to politicians, it directly affects the outcome of election campaigns. Huge advertising budgets decide the results on Election Day, and those who contribute the most to campaigns can expect to be favoured by the winning political regime.
It is impossible to keep a high standard of morality ,when the economic system is capitalism.

Spot on my friend. >:(

sinkov
06-11-2021, 09:18 AM
Some people do not get the principle of "moral duty" barrie as our lacklustre Opposition MPs call for an inquiry into Boris Johnson’s free holiday in Spain.

Blow Job has failed to include the gift from Conservative colleague Zac Goldsmith in the register of members’ interests.

He would, wouldn't he?

I don't get it BT, what's the fuss about ? Boris is an Old Etonian, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours, that's what they do, Boris will have had more free holidays than me and you have had hot dinners, so what ? The only reason for the fuss I can discern is that it detracts us from the real scandal, that we continue to live under threat of lockdown, enforced vaccinations, travel restrictions etc all on the whim of crazed politicians and mad scientists. That concerns me more, and will impinge much more on my life, than whether Boris has had a free week in Marbella or wherever. Who really gives a FF about that ?

sinkov
06-11-2021, 09:36 AM
Incidentally BT, Mrs S is convinced something is afoot. In Clitheroe yesterday afternoon she espied, talking on his mobile phone, celebrity Burnley fan Alastair Campbell, turning the corner and not far away she spotted our Tory MP Nigel Evans. The Tory Party is in disarray, Nigel is a prominent member of the Tory Party, Alastair is described by some as a 'political strategist, something which, since the departure of Dom, the Tories have clearly been lacking.

Was the confluence of these two ostensibly political opposites purely co-incidental, or is Mrs S putting two and two together and making five, when she suggests that an unholy alliance may soon be created ? After all why not, the Tories pay well, and as this week has shown, people in politics will do anything for money. In years to come, could the word 'Clitheroe' have the same resonance in British politics as the word 'Granita' does now ?

Or was Alastair simply asking directions from Mr Pace on how to locate his Ribble Valley mansion ? Who knows ? ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
07-11-2021, 07:22 AM
I have told you many times before mon ami, I'm not great on coincidences. ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
07-11-2021, 07:29 AM
I don't get it BT, what's the fuss about ? Boris is an Old Etonian, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours, that's what they do, Boris will have had more free holidays than me and you have had hot dinners, so what ? The only reason for the fuss I can discern is that it detracts us from the real scandal, that we continue to live under threat of lockdown, enforced vaccinations, travel restrictions etc all on the whim of crazed politicians and mad scientists. That concerns me more, and will impinge much more on my life, than whether Boris has had a free week in Marbella or wherever. Who really gives a FF about that ?

The rules are the rules sinkov. All MP's have to declare their "freebies" and if they don't there is much speculation as to why?

sinkov
07-11-2021, 11:14 AM
The rules are the rules sinkov. All MP's have to declare their "freebies" and if they don't there is much speculation as to why?

The above made me smile BT. I don't need to explain why do I ?