PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Savage: Making Macclesfield FC

Scum-Triumphant
07-11-2021, 04:14 PM
I’ve never been much of a Robbie Savage fan. I think he’s a rubbish pundit and was an over rated player and I always smile when I see the clip of Dion Dublin head butting him.

However.
This is well worth watching and is a real insight of how much effort it takes to get a club started.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0011n50

MagyarMiller
07-11-2021, 04:48 PM
I’ve never been much of a Robbie Savage fan. I think he’s a rubbish pundit and was an over rated player and I always smile when I see the clip of Dion Dublin head butting him.

However.
This is well worth watching and is a real insight of how much effort it takes to get a club started.

Thanks for the link Scum, saw him interveiewd with the Macc owner on BBC breakfast the other morning, talking about the documentary.
I missed the end so didn't see when it was on.

In fairness to him he openly admitted he lacked talent as a player but managed to make a career out of hard work.

Lolmorgan
07-11-2021, 04:52 PM
That’s what you get with hard work,pity some of those fancy dans at Man Utd don’t do it.

flourbasher
07-11-2021, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=MagyarMiller;39905650

In fairness to him he openly admitted he lacked talent as a player but managed to make a career out of hard work.[/QUOTE]

PW describes his playing days in a similar way

Scum-Triumphant
07-11-2021, 05:01 PM
He snaps back at a few characters that question his motives for doing it during the programme.

The best parts of it are centred around the owner.

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-11-2021, 06:14 PM
Robbie Savage, a “ Welsh” Alex Scott

Brin
07-11-2021, 06:56 PM

However.

just watched it pal. Here's all the reasons why NOT to buy a football club. Well done to the Chairman for giving the fans their club back but at a cost of over £4,000,000 now that's commitment.

Savage - Kind of likeable for his commitment and energy but he has to be the top dog. If I was the Manager and coach I'd tell him to do one and keep his nose out of THEIR roles in the club.

Hope it all turns out well for them.

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-11-2021, 07:28 PM
Needs a haircut

CTMilller
07-11-2021, 08:05 PM
Look forward to a pirated version. Can't get i-Player. Sounds like good viewing.

Townerslovechild
08-11-2021, 09:59 AM
Robbie Savage, a “ Welsh” Alex Scott

Go on you've lost me explain please.

uttis
08-11-2021, 11:32 AM
Think it said 2nd part available later in week on i player it was a good watch but Danny Whittaker the manager is on a hiding to nothing apparently he’s a Mac legend be a bit like Ronnie Moore coming back here as manager and answering to Robbie Savage! Be some fireworks to say the least can only assume Whittaker must be a bit of a yes man

clarkey1974
08-11-2021, 05:47 PM
Savage was hardly no warnock or John sitton in the dressing piece was he..

A good doc on the whole.I always like behind scenes stuff like that.

CAMiller
08-11-2021, 05:52 PM
On a related note is Sunderland 'Till I Die still going or did they actually die XD

Scum-Triumphant
08-11-2021, 05:53 PM
On a related note is Sunderland 'Till I Die still going or did they actually die XD

It’s still on 2 series. Hopefully there will be a third featuring recent results.

flourbasher
08-11-2021, 07:36 PM

There's a video clip doing the rounds that looks like a group of Newcastle fans in a club singing...

They've got 41 players that no one knows

They've got 27000 empty seats

The clip culminates with the Rotherham 5-1 Sunderland result with all the scorers

CAMiller
08-11-2021, 07:38 PM
There's a video clip doing the rounds that looks like a group of Newcastle fans in a club singing....

Do Arabs hang out in clubs and sing? XD

flourbasher
08-11-2021, 08:00 PM
Not sure but they are singing that

'Sunderland,s a massive club

Second line

Are they ****

I think there's some plagiarism going on here

avondalemiller
08-11-2021, 08:04 PM
Just watched it and thought it was interesting. Good luck to them all involved and the town.

Grist_To_The_Mill
08-11-2021, 08:07 PM
Do Arabs hang out in clubs and sing? XD

Sheikh Mustapha Zingzong probably does

Townerslovechild
09-11-2021, 09:18 AM
Watched it last night, great programme, been to Macc a couple of times was always amazed they survived on the crowds they got.
Have a look at the lower leagues and see how many teams we used to play regularly, quite sobering really.
Thank god for TS.

flourbasher
09-11-2021, 09:58 AM
Those scenes where he's wading into the crowd trying to stop the fisticuffs is bizarre.

Then the owner says they are not allowed to segregate the fans.

clarkey1974
09-11-2021, 03:57 PM
Those scenes where he's wading into the crowd trying to stop the fisticuffs is bizarre.

Then the owner says they are not allowed to segregate the fans.

What I found strange about that bit was the chairman said before game they was expecting some port vale fans and stewards to be on alert….so they kinda knew but then let it happen in first place and stewards didn’t seem to know what to..

dantpen
09-11-2021, 05:15 PM
What I found strange about that bit was the chairman said before game they was expecting some port vale fans and stewards to be on alert….so they kinda knew but then let it happen in first place and stewards didn’t seem to know what to..

To be fair the stewards at our place don't seem to know how to handle some situations either.