PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Wootton

SaltySeaDog
15-11-2021, 11:12 AM
I just wanted to mention that I thought Kyle was immense on Saturday.

He lead the line really well, seemed to have an extra spring in his legs, and won some really important headers in our box, especially when Hudlin came on.

ncfcog
15-11-2021, 11:57 AM
I just wanted to mention that I thought Kyle was immense on Saturday.

He lead the line really well, seemed to have an extra spring in his legs, and won some really important headers in our box, especially when Hudlin came on.

To be fair he's been doing this for a while now but it has mostly gone unnoticed because everyone put more effort into moaning that we didn't buy Tshimanga. Kyle's an absolute colossus and epitomises the new Notts mantra of defend from the front, attack from the back. Long may it continue.

Killerkline
15-11-2021, 12:08 PM
To be fair he's been doing this for a while now but it has mostly gone unnoticed because everyone put more effort into moaning that we didn't buy Tshimanga. Kyle's an absolute colossus and epitomises the new Notts mantra of defend from the front, attack from the back. Long may it continue.

Absolutely.

Touching on Tshimanga and Chesterfield a lot of their goals have been scruffy percentage goals. If you take Saturday, at least 2 of their goals were scrappy efforts.

Clearly I’m biased. But, if you look at Notts goals this season, quite a few have been well worked/created.

pravda_plc
15-11-2021, 12:15 PM
Absolutely.

Touching on Tshimanga and Chesterfield a lot of their goals have been scruffy percentage goals. If you take Saturday, at least 2 of their goals were scrappy efforts.

Clearly I’m biased. But, if you look at Notts goals this season, quite a few have been well worked/created.

Plus Chesterfield got their 4-0 victory over Weymouth, playing against 10 men for over 70 minutes, (including added time) ...

jacobncfc
15-11-2021, 12:17 PM
Absolutely.

I would say that’s an issue we need to work on actually - a very high percentage of our goals are really well worked team moves or fantastic efforts. We’ve been miles better from attacking set pieces this season, but I think we could do with a few more scruffy ones still. Getting on the end of a second ball in the box can be the difference in a tight game, as we saw at Grimsby.

SwalePie
15-11-2021, 12:23 PM
I would say that’s an issue we need to work on actually - a very high percentage of our goals are really well worked team moves or fantastic efforts. We’ve been miles better from attacking set pieces this season, but I think we could do with a few more scruffy ones still. Getting on the end of a second ball in the box can be the difference in a tight game, as we saw at Grimsby.

I'd say Saturday demonstrated that we have both 'in our locker', the first was a thing of beauty and the second ultimately a scrappy one albeit with a decent finish under the 'keeper.

Killerkline
15-11-2021, 12:28 PM

I don’t see it as an issue at all.

As you’ve pointed out, we’ve demonstrated we can pick up the bits at Grimsby and there was an element of that to Mitchell’s goal on Saturday.

PedroTheFisherman66
15-11-2021, 12:37 PM
I'd say Saturday demonstrated that we have both 'in our locker', the first was a thing of beauty and the second ultimately a scrappy one albeit with a decent finish under the 'keeper.
As meat loaf would say..."you took the words right out of my mouth"!!

Glad2BeAPie
15-11-2021, 01:08 PM
Plus Chesterfield got their 4-0 victory over Weymouth, playing against 10 men for over 70 minutes, (including added time) ...

We couldn't beat 10 men

Killerkline
15-11-2021, 01:39 PM
We couldn't beat 10 men

Barnet🤔

SwalePie
15-11-2021, 01:41 PM
We couldn't beat 10 men

Thankfully we're regularly beating 11 though, which is far more important in the grand scheme of things.

laddo
15-11-2021, 02:37 PM
Thankfully we're regularly beating 11 though, which is far more important in the grand scheme of things.

Is the correct answer.

BigFatPie
15-11-2021, 04:09 PM
His all round contribution on Saturday was fantastic, it had all you’d want from your front man in that position. Great goal as well, though he’s a much better finisher when he hasn’t got any time to think about it.

SwalePie
15-11-2021, 04:25 PM
Great goal as well, though he’s a much better finisher when he hasn’t got any time to think about it.

That's a very good point. Tell him to go with his instincts instead of overthinking and he might be even better than he already is.

SaltySeaDog
15-11-2021, 04:56 PM
It would be interesting to see his goal conversion rate from chances.

Any stattos out there got this?

countygump
15-11-2021, 05:40 PM
It would be interesting to see his goal conversion rate from chances.

Any stattos out there got this?

I would like to see the whole teams conversion rate set against chances. I still think it's a tad lower than our rivals but we can't possibly sign another exp striker as what the Hell would we do with him? Leaving aside the fact that we had 3 in our first season in the NL.

ncfcog
15-11-2021, 09:41 PM
I would like to see the whole teams conversion rate set against chances. I still think it's a tad lower than our rivals but we can't possibly sign another exp striker as what the Hell would we do with him? Leaving aside the fact that we had 3 in our first season in the NL.

In the league this season we are averaging 1.73 goals from 13.33 attempts on goal per 90 minutes so a conversion rate of a fraction under 13%.

Compare that to Chesterfield and they are averaging 2.07 goals per 90 minutes from 13.00 attempts so a conversion rate of just under 16%.

That said our conversion rate vs Grimsby was 50%!