PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching England v San Marino

Barrera
15-11-2021, 08:29 PM
The most one-sided game since time began. Already 6-0 after 40 mins .... these games are a complete joke ...

mickd1961
15-11-2021, 08:40 PM
My Sunday League team from 20 years ago would've given San Marino a game.

I hope we keep our foot on the pedal and get 12 or 13 just to prove to UEFA/FIFA that this has got to change.

It would be much fairer to put the minnows into their own group to give them a chance handsome hope.

I mentioned the other day that the Stourbridge FC centre forward Reece Styche plays for Gibraltar.....three levels blow the Football League, pitiful really.

Like asking your missus to take part in a remake of Debbie Does Dallas.

kettering_baggie
15-11-2021, 08:43 PM
I can hardly believe what I am watching; what a complete nonsense of a (mis)match. You’ve only to think for a nanosecond before you realise that this is a FIFA ‘competition’, they who are ‘organising’ the most corrupt World Cup in history. It is so annoying that our domestic football programme is paused to make way for this rubbish, which inevitably means more night matches and more inconvenience for football fans. Oh, of course, I forgot that the football authorities, FIFA, UEFA, our own FA and the Premier League don’t give a flying wotsit for the fans.

FOL

Barrera
15-11-2021, 08:46 PM
I agree .... give the lesser teams ..... San Marino, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Malta, Scotland .... a chance

What is worrying is to see the thousands of England supporters who actually made the trip .... complete with a massive West Bromwich Albion flag in the corner ..... would have been a great opportunity to debut our FOL Flag

boingy
15-11-2021, 08:47 PM
I have some admiration for San Marino, the fact that they keep going. Got some balls.

kettering_baggie
15-11-2021, 08:54 PM
Still, it gives us another opportunity to enjoy the commentary skills of Sam Splatterface; what a dearth of decent commentators there are, in all sports.

baggieal
15-11-2021, 08:54 PM
Rather watch the two gays on Strictly than watch a pub team!

kettering_baggie
15-11-2021, 09:02 PM
Rather watch the two gays on Strictly than watch a pub team!

Oh come on, Al, that is going a bit too far………

Barrera
15-11-2021, 09:03 PM
Mind good to see Gallagher (still only 21) and Bellingham getting a run together in central midfield .... Smith-Rowe looks half decent s well ... if we had cover at CF and the two CBs we might even have the makings of a decent side ....

Leicesterbaggie
15-11-2021, 09:25 PM
What an absolute waste of time! No wonder Kane was desperate to play as goals are 'nailed on.' What do sides like San Marino get out of this? There's a bigger gap between these two sides than a Premier League team versus a National League North/South team. They've got to introduce qualifying rounds.

baggieal
15-11-2021, 09:43 PM
Oh come on, Al, that is going a bit too far………

Yes it is a bit as those two should be banned FFS! Just making a point!

kettering_baggie
15-11-2021, 09:51 PM
Yes it is a bit as those two should be banned FFS! Just making a point!

You had me worried there……!

9goals2hattricks3pen
15-11-2021, 09:52 PM
I agree .... give the lesser teams ..... San Marino, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Malta, Scotland .... a chance

What is worrying is to see the thousands of England supporters who actually made the trip .... complete with a massive West Bromwich Albion flag in the corner ..... would have been a great opportunity to debut our FOL Flag

England kitman is a Baggie and always takes the flag with him. He has an excuse. He's getting paid.

Q165
15-11-2021, 10:21 PM
Had it on with sound muted while I wrote some emails. I caught glimpses of it and was not impressed. At 4-0 I switched to having the NI v Italy game on. Very entertaining looking up to catch glimpses of a tight, competitive game.

DaveP67 is back!
15-11-2021, 10:29 PM
Complete waste of time, what do either team get from this as a fixture, absolutely nothing.

boingy
16-11-2021, 07:14 AM
I don’t think I’ve seen such an abundance of quality youngsters ever for England. Nightmare to choose a first 11. We’ve easily got three top quality teams we could field. Must be the envy of the world right now.

Leicesterbaggie
16-11-2021, 09:37 AM
I will agree Boingy that we do have a strong group of young players at the present moment and it does auger well for the future. However, I cannot understand why the media is 'waxing lyrical' regarding England's 10-0 victory over San Marino and Kane's four goals, two of which were penalties. At best San Marino would probably compete in the sixth level of English football. Yes, you can only play against what is put against you but let's get some perspective on the situation

WBA1955
16-11-2021, 12:30 PM
We absolutely bladdered them, it could have been more but the jammy b astards got away with two goals disallowed.
A masterclass from England, they made the opposition look like part timers.
Kane is surely our greatest striker of all time.
San Marino?
Who R Ya?

9goals2hattricks3pen
16-11-2021, 12:45 PM
I don’t think I’ve seen such an abundance of quality youngsters ever for England. Nightmare to choose a first 11. We’ve easily got three top quality teams we could field. Must be the envy of the world right now.

It's all down to the slow revolution that has taken place in the coaching of English kids over the last 30 years. We have gone from being the dinosaurs of how to encourage and promote skills to up there with the best. I predict this won't be a short lived 'golden generation' but the first of a production line of world class English kids.

Yarmbaggie
16-11-2021, 01:15 PM
Just remember also Portugal and Italy didn’t manage to qualify from these waste of time groups and are now at the mercy of the play-offs as another chance of getting to the World Cup.

If Holland lose tonight they also will not qualify and depending upon other results they may not even get into the play-offs.

Very easy to be critical but the one thing we are good at is qualifying. Come on England.

baggieal
16-11-2021, 08:09 PM
Just remember also Portugal and Italy didn’t manage to qualify from these waste of time groups and are now at the mercy of the play-offs as another chance of getting to the World Cup.

If Holland lose tonight they also will not qualify and depending upon other results they may not even get into the play-offs.

Very easy to be critical but the one thing we are good at is qualifying. Come on England.

That’s not the point though Yarm! Even Stourbridge or Solihull Motors would beat San Marino and we have to stop the league for this absolute s hite! Next year it will be stopped again whilst many greedy c unts take back handers for those Arabs in Qatar!

Poor Becks is short of a few Bob so the greedy
W anker becomes the mug of the World Cup! Maybe he will donate the millions he earns to those starving next door in Afghanistan but dear oh dear - charity money mainly comes from the have nots!

Many wonder why so many are turning to lower league club football! Let’s hope we get knocked out quickly as focus on this nonsense will be bad for our business!

mickd1961
16-11-2021, 08:54 PM
Stourbridge FC beat a young Villa side 2-1 in the Birmingham Senior Cup last night I front of almost 2000 fans.

I don’t know if that’ll register with a lot of you on here, that’s TWO THOUSAND at a local regional cup game against Villa’s kids on a night when England are playing a World Cup qualifier!?

In the 70’s and 80’s this same scenario would’ve seen a crowd of under 200 at the Stour match.

It’s a crowd not much below what Walsall get.

This is how non league football has gained traction in the last 10 years or so.

Says a lot about what fans think about England as well.

baggieal
16-11-2021, 09:35 PM
Stourbridge FC beat a young Villa side 2-1 in the Birmingham Senior Cup last night I front of almost 2000 fans.

I don’t know if that’ll register with a lot of you on here, that’s TWO THOUSAND at a local regional cup game against Villa’s kids on a night when England are playing a World Cup qualifier!?

In the 70’s and 80’s this same scenario would’ve seen a crowd of under 200 at the Stour match.

It’s a crowd not much below what Walsall get.

This is how non league football has gained traction in the last 10 years or so.

Says a lot about what fans think about England as well.

Could not care less about England and hope they get knocked out of the World Cup early so not to upset our business sales! Greedy c unts the lot of them!