PDA

View Full Version : Soon to become Cornhill United managed by Neil Lennon V The Fairmers Match Thread

blowupsheep
08-12-2021, 04:06 AM
Staying with the scaremongering strategy for this weekends away day to Perth.

In/Oot - Usual oot.
Furryboots - Red Tv International.
Pre - a wee day trip through to visit Expo 2020 Dubai.
Post - a wine or 4 then aff to ma scratcher.

Prediction 0-0

SF

RED_JOHN
08-12-2021, 08:37 AM
I think we will give St.Johnstone a doing. 1-5 Ramirez with all 5.

PittodriePile
08-12-2021, 02:31 PM
In/Oot - Oot
Furryboots - In weegieland (anyone know anywhere showing it?)
Pre - Eating
Post - Boozing
Prediction - Super J's on a very poor run of form, hoping for a dons inflicted scudding

Jupiter
08-12-2021, 03:47 PM
Lennon should be in Cornhill

pieandbovrilman
08-12-2021, 05:33 PM
Oot
Working
1-1

sheepcrooky
08-12-2021, 09:26 PM
In
2-0 AFC
Happy days.

Shetland Don
10-12-2021, 09:07 AM
In/Oot - Oot
Furryboots - PPV SJ for £17.50!
Pre - work till 2pm
Post - likely some wine, a few beers and a takeaway but trying to lose extra pounds, unsuccessfully, before the festive!

Prediction 3-2 win AFC

Mason89
10-12-2021, 09:18 AM
I’ve got no idea what any of this means

donsdaft
10-12-2021, 10:01 AM
Let me explain it to you Mason min.

Cornhill is the local nutt hoose, a place where Lennon would be if he lived in the North East.

57vintage
10-12-2021, 10:33 AM
Cornhill is also a village in Banffshire (not ****ing Aberdeenshire), where the local pub, colloquially Peggy Duff’s, had a barman who told some under-age quaffers of my acquaintance, “If you’re auld enough to ride through hair, you’re auld enough to drink through froth”.

Anyway, **** this contrived attention-seeking, poorly-worded thread title pish. Just ****ing stop it.

donsdaft
10-12-2021, 10:46 AM
Any reference to Lennon being liked in any way with AFC is ridiculous.

Mason89
10-12-2021, 10:55 AM
Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I’ve now benefitted from the knowledge & experience.

What the f*ck does it have to do with a game against St. Johnstone?

0-0

57vintage
10-12-2021, 11:53 AM
Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I’ve now benefitted from the knowledge & experience.

What the f*ck does it have to do with a game against St. Johnstone?

0-0

Many drinks through froth are required to watch the double cup-winning heroes reset to factory settings by lining up 4-5-1 at home tomorrow.

LED
10-12-2021, 07:34 PM
Can cars still park along with the busses at the away end coming off the A9? Last time I was down they were doing som alterations there.

Red Zone
10-12-2021, 07:54 PM
Can cars still park along with the busses at the away end coming off the A9? Last time I was down they were doing som alterations there.

I've just read the Supporter Info on the AFC website and was wondering exactly the same thing. That bit next to the artificial pitch is much bigger than they will need just for buses so presumably we will be okay to park cars as well? The car park at the South end looks like it is just for home supporters. It looks like we are a million miles away from selling out the away end so I've got to think there is plenty room for parking

bigj
11-12-2021, 03:06 PM
Anybody got a stream

donsdaft
11-12-2021, 03:10 PM
Doesn't look like there's anything.

InversneckieDob
11-12-2021, 03:10 PM
Nae on Hesgoal that I can see.....

donsdaft
11-12-2021, 03:12 PM
Or VIP

All sorts of s'hite is but not us.

mondo_notion
11-12-2021, 03:16 PM
Anybody got a stream

You not got your IPTV set up?

bigj
11-12-2021, 03:19 PM
It's on my "to do" list

donsdaft
11-12-2021, 03:28 PM
I used to think Open All Mikes was crap.

I was wrong, it's much worse than that.

Jormungand
11-12-2021, 03:47 PM
All action so far, I see.

blowupsheep
11-12-2021, 03:50 PM
That's some of the most boring 45 minutes of "football" (cough cough) we have been subject to for a long time, disgraceful from both teams.
Neil Lennon will be phoning the job centre pretty soon to arrange his exit interview from the dole.

Jeezuz fcukin christ that was an awful 45 minutes

macattack
11-12-2021, 04:07 PM
just got back from Christmas Shopping Sounds Like I missed nothing

bigj
11-12-2021, 04:09 PM
2nd half on hesgoal

Jormungand
11-12-2021, 04:23 PM
2nd half on hesgoal

cheers min

57vintage
11-12-2021, 04:27 PM
Struggling to break down a turbo-charged-on-stilts dour, defensive “efficient” unit/group (which is at home…).

This is our default failure.

Beware the late sucker-punch goal.

blowupsheep
11-12-2021, 04:35 PM
I would take 0-0 right now this a fcukin p1ss poor performance.
Jeezuz fkn christ it just actually might be time to phone Neil fkn Lennon ffs.
This is fk abysmal

Awful football from both sides

Hairdrier
11-12-2021, 04:41 PM
Yasss Jenks 1-0.
No VAR :P

NaeMairNeeps
11-12-2021, 04:42 PM
YAAAAASSSS .... thank f**k!

Jormungand
Handball too, fantastic :)

dons8321
Yasss Jenks 1-0.
No VAR :P

Great finish but clear hand ball against Jenks!

Jormungand
11-12-2021, 04:43 PM
Canna let the ba in oor box now, ref'll be eager to even this up.

pieandbovrilman
11-12-2021, 04:44 PM
I always thought Jenks would be a handy signing.

NaeMairNeeps
11-12-2021, 04:52 PM
FT. At'll dae :)

Jormungand
11-12-2021, 04:52 PM
FT Never in doubt

donsdaft
11-12-2021, 04:54 PM
Just saw the last 10 minutes
Decent enough game as far as I could see

macattack
11-12-2021, 04:55 PM
Yipee Away Win Happy Days

Don Julio
11-12-2021, 04:57 PM
Felt like a friendly for 70 minutes, then stepped up the urgency a bit and got the goal.

JET did well, Bates is improving, Watkins had an off day.

Think we were lucky to come away with 3 points, but that’s football.

bigj
11-12-2021, 05:03 PM
Felt like a friendly for 70 minutes, then stepped up the urgency a bit and got the goal.

JET did well, Bates is improving, Watkins had an off day.

Think we were lucky to come away with 3 points, but that’s football.
Aye Watkins appeared to have his boots on the wrong feet

The_Moog
11-12-2021, 06:30 PM
Good to see us grind out a win for once - an all too rare occurrence in recent times.

Didn’t see the game due to lack of a stream but listened on the radio. Jenks beginning to look useful. Hope he keeps it up.

Good to see Bates getting good reviews again, hopefully that’s the corner well and truly turned for him.

Also good to see us get away with one for a change. Clear handball, goal should have been disallowed - GIRFUY farmers 😂

3 wins from 3. Better. Keep it up. COYR.

57vintage
11-12-2021, 07:09 PM
“Jenks controlled the ball with his arm, only for it to drop kindly into his path. He picked his spot inside the near post to score his second goal for the club and continue Aberdeen's mini-revival.”

Proof that Denbo/Panda has sold his tainted soul to the media. No Proper Mannies’ Aberdeen fan would grass up one of our players.

pieandbovrilman
11-12-2021, 07:38 PM
A good win and an important 3 points today . Well done to Davie Cormack’s dream team ….U S A, U S A!!!

donsdaft
11-12-2021, 08:13 PM
Well I’m not a fan of the USA but out yank nearly scored towards the end by chancing his arm.
It’s good to have a goal scorer in the team.

RED_JOHN
11-12-2021, 08:23 PM
What an effort from Ramirez. Pity it didn’t go in.

nice1simmy
11-12-2021, 09:37 PM
Wasn't pretty but a good 3pts to continue our winning streak and thats all that matters.
Special mention to Bates,i feared the worst for him when he came into the team but he's gradually getting better with every game,keep it up min

Shetland Don
11-12-2021, 09:59 PM
Did anyone else hear the commentary today referring to one of our players “being good at taking it in tight areas”?! ��

pieandbovrilman
11-12-2021, 10:50 PM
Wasn't pretty but a good 3pts to continue our winning streak and thats all that matters.
Special mention to Bates,i feared the worst for him when he came into the team but he's gradually getting better with every game,keep it up min
Master Bates has certainly risen to the task and has stood up well in recent games . Keep it up min .

nice1simmy
11-12-2021, 11:45 PM
He certainly seems to be rising to the occasion.
Another clean sheet too XD

NaeMairNeeps
12-12-2021, 12:36 AM
“Jenks controlled the ball with his arm, only for it to drop kindly into his path. He picked his spot inside the near post to score his second goal for the club and continue Aberdeen's mini-revival.”

Proof that Denbo/Panda has sold his tainted soul to the media. No Proper Mannies’ Aberdeen fan would grass up one of our players.

Aye, shameful .... and yet, Ah'm wonderin if there's somethin' wrang wi' ma glesses .... cos what Ah saw was non deliberate contact of the ball with an arm which was not in an unnatural position and no intent on the players part to use said arm to manipulate to advantage.

.... Therefore no infringement.

Donsdaft, ony chance ye can check if my glesses are faulty, ... if nae, then can ye copy them and send a pair tae every ref in Scotland ... and every radge on this forum? :D

feel
12-12-2021, 07:15 AM
IFAB Rule Change for this season:
The second change is on accidental handball in the immediate build-up to a goal.

If an attacking player’s accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out.

However, a player will still be penalised if he commits an accidental handball immediately before scoring himself.

donsdaft
12-12-2021, 08:03 AM
Aye, shameful .... and yet, Ah'm wonderin if there's somethin' wrang wi' ma glesses .... cos what Ah saw was non deliberate contact of the ball with an arm which was not in an unnatural position and no intent on the players part to use said arm to manipulate to advantage.

.... Therefore no infringement.

Donsdaft, ony chance ye can check if my glesses are faulty, ... if nae, then can ye copy them and send a pair tae every ref in Scotland ... and every radge on this forum? :D

You didn’t buy them from me so they’re hardly going to be top notch are they.

What I can see with mine is that VAR may well not have helped the situation at all given the penalty awarded against Wolves yesterday in the English “ he who dives best wins” league.

neilthedon
13-12-2021, 09:09 AM
Anyone recall the last time we got a break to us like this ?

I seem to only remember all the awful awful decisions Refs have given against us !!!!

donsdaft
13-12-2021, 09:52 AM
Aye, I remember it distinctly.

It was a bit of a dive by Bertie Miller.

Donanddusted
13-12-2021, 10:41 AM

I seem to only remember all the awful awful decisions Refs have given against us !!!!

That's us used up our quota for the decade.

Mason89
13-12-2021, 12:32 PM

Aberdeen definitely cheated Dumbarton out the Tennents Sixes. Something to do with Jim Leighton.

57vintage
13-12-2021, 01:43 PM
September 1980.

Second leg of a League Cup tie v the Ibrox Liquidated.

Aggregate at 2-2 in the last minute. Hewitt fouled by Jackson a ba’ hair outside the penalty box.

GB Smith (a Pittodrie hate figure of the then future after awarding THAT penalty in the 1989 League Cup final) consults the standside linesman, whose response may have been “**** extra time Dod, I’m knackered, and I’m ****ed if I’m hanging aroon waiting for the late train. Give the sheep-sh@gging ****s a penalty.”

Strachan obliges from 12 yards.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=3436&season=1980-81&squad=Senior

donsdaft
13-12-2021, 01:49 PM
I withdraw my Bertie Miller post *

There may have been contact, he was entitled to go down.

* based on the new fashion that all historical figures must be judged on modern day attitudes.

neilthedon
13-12-2021, 02:33 PM

* based on the new fashion that all historical figures must be judged on modern day attitudes.

I think you are probably right there , DD !!

57vintage
13-12-2021, 04:28 PM

Like.

InversneckieDob
13-12-2021, 05:14 PM
I believe, though stand to be corrected, the Bertie Miller "entitlement to go down through contact" incident may have been in the first leg of a UEFA cup tie versus Spurs at the Pitt.

Trailing to an early Ralph Coates goal, I recall Bertie going to ground in front of the Beach End leaving Hermit to tuck away the resulting spot kick.
74 ish?
Or a meringue?

donsdaft
13-12-2021, 05:24 PM
It wasn’t an isolated incident.

I remember him being taken on as a Substitute once and the Beach End shouting “penalty “ as he was still only 10 yards from the dugout.

57vintage
13-12-2021, 05:49 PM
On that December 1972 day that Joe Harper was sold, and we drew 0-0 at home with Arbroath, I bumped into a student teacher who was on placement at our school, and watched the game from Section Y of the then south terracing with him. At one point, he roared, “You’re a ****ing fairy Bertie Miller”. New found respect from me for the rookie pedagogue. We never spoke of it thereafter, funnily enough.

sonofrgmsdad
13-12-2021, 10:01 PM
September 1980.

Second leg of a League Cup tie v the oIbrox Liquidated.

Aggregate at 2-2 in the last minute. Hewitt fouled by Jackson a ba’ hair outside the penalty box.

GB Smith (a Pittodrie hate figure of the then future after awarding THAT penalty in the 1989 League Cup final) consults the standside linesman, whose response may have been “**** extra time Dod, I’m knackered, and I’m ****ed if I’m hanging aroon waiting for the late train. Give the sheep-sh@gging ****s a penalty.”

Strachan obliges from 12 yards.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=3436&season=1980-81&squad=Senior

"A ba' hair"?

By my memory it was a good few yards outside the box but the magnificent rolling from Hewitt made it a clear penalty. Haven't seen one like that in our favour since. A once in a lifetime event for Dons fans.

Shetland Don
14-12-2021, 04:35 AM
What is the official rule on unintentional hand ball in this scenario, ie, where a player unwittingly controls the ball with his, her (or any other modern-day term allowing for gender-fluidity) �� and that passage of play then leads to a goal? In other words, is there a distinction to be drawn between this type of situation and one where, eg, there is unintentional hand ball elsewhere on the park, where my understanding of the rules is that no foul is committed unless the hand is in an unnatural position? I’m seeking clarity, with specific reference to the rules, rather than opinions please. Either way, Jenks seems to have a great first “touch”! Not so sure, by the way, what “unnatural” is intended to mean, as our wrists, elbows and shoulders are, naturally, flexible … Durrant’s knee was in an unnatural position for sure if you get my drift.

57vintage
14-12-2021, 07:26 AM
"A ba' hair"?

By my memory it was a good few yards outside the box but the magnificent rolling from Hewitt made it a clear penalty. Haven't seen one like that in our favour since. A once in a lifetime event for Dons fans.

I adopted the Scott McKenna Testicular Calibration System when referring to the variable ‘ba’ hair’ measure. Your own calculation may have been arrived at via the Gary Mackay-Steven Dimension or the Cwith Maguire Circumference.

Anyway, I was at the other end of the Soother.

It was, though, as you say, an occurrence less frequently observed than Halley’s Comet.

You retired yet?

sonofrgmsdad
14-12-2021, 12:01 PM
I adopted the Scott McKenna Testicular Calibration System when referring to the variable ‘ba’ hair’ measure. Your own calculation may have been arrived at via the Gary Mackay-Steven Dimension or the Cwith Maguire Circumference.

Anyway, I was at the other end of the Soother.

It was, though, as you say, an occurrence less frequently observed than Halley’s Comet.

You retired yet?

If my memory serves me correctly I was in the South, sitting in line with the 18 yard line. A good view of how far out the challenge/ hack was. I think the ref was really struggling to get up with play being around the half way line at the time. I've no idea what the linesman on the Main stand side was doing. Clearly before being an assistant and actually advising the ref, thankfully.

Despite being a 59 vintage myself, I am retired, due to an unfortunate personal circumstance. Now significantly improved. Cheers.

Yourself?

57vintage
14-12-2021, 12:48 PM
Happy to hear you’ve bounced back. You’ve had a tough old time in recent years.
I stepped off the Nowhere Train 25 months ago. All plans halted by the four-footed John Greig/Terry Hurlock tackle of the jandies, of course, but self-isolation is a preferred state for practised misanthropists like me.
All the best min.

sonofrgmsdad
14-12-2021, 04:13 PM
Happy to hear you’ve bounced back. You’ve had a tough old time in recent years.
I stepped off the Nowhere Train 25 months ago. All plans halted by the four-footed John Greig/Terry Hurlock tackle of the jandies, of course, but self-isolation is a preferred state for practised misanthropists like me.
All the best min.

Cheers min. A lang time since I heard the word "jandies". I hope you are fully recovered.

A 4 footed tackle by Messers Greig/ Hurlock sounds like a bad case. But surely nae quite as bad as a Sourpuss/ Forsyth effort. There's aye a bright side! As I said, hopefully now jandies free.

All plans (or in my case lack of plans) were put on hold for those of us unfortunate enough to retire in covid times. However that is a minor inconvenience compared to some. A little bit of boredom can be overcome. Some weren't given the opportunity.

Here's to a jandies free new year.

donsdaft
14-12-2021, 04:48 PM
https://youtu.be/9Evtydpd9qA

I’m pretty sure It was on this site that I found this in the first place

57vintage
14-12-2021, 06:37 PM
Cheers min. A lang time since I heard the word "jandies". I hope you are fully recovered.

A 4 footed tackle by Messers Greig/ Hurlock sounds like a bad case. But surely nae quite as bad as a Sourpuss/ Forsyth effort. There's aye a bright side! As I said, hopefully now jandies free.

All plans (or in my case lack of plans) were put on hold for those of us unfortunate enough to retire in covid times. However that is a minor inconvenience compared to some. A little bit of boredom can be overcome. Some weren't given the opportunity.

Here's to a jandies free new year.

I’ve been fortunate (and goodie-goodie play-the-game compliant) enough to have avoided the jandies. Sorry if the opposite was implied. You’re correct in saying that we’ve been relatively lucky in terms of not having had to worry about employment etc, as many have.

By compliant, I mean sitting on my erse reading (80+ books in ‘21 thus far) whilst drinking vats of filter coffee, and flaneuring my way around the ‘burbs for 4-5 miles daily.

Take care min.