PDA

View Full Version : Pop ,fart and bang Exhaust.

soulman101
18-12-2021, 01:33 PM
Why would anyone put this crap on on a car and why don't the police clamp down on them.
If you modify a car you need to declare it.
I've had V8s and they sound good without the need to keep revving them, a bloke with a corsa with a pop and fart now that's embarrassing. Have noticed they turn round and look at you a the lights, look at me i'm a yampy pr@t that's what I think.

Omegstrat6
18-12-2021, 05:35 PM
Why would anyone put this crap on on a car and why don't the police clamp down on them.
If you modify a car you need to declare it.
I've had V8s and they sound good without the need to keep revving them, a bloke with a corsa with a pop and fart now that's embarrassing. Have noticed they turn round and look at you a the lights, look at me i'm a yampy pr@t that's what I think.

These boy racers are pretty much the same and fork out lots of money on waste of money filters and stainless steel exhaust systems that make a lot of noise but actually achieve Jack performance increase, but , hey, we were all young and foolish once I guess . Tbh, I once must have gone through my own midlife crisis bit and got an old import Prelude that was old school vtec and -much to my better half's annoyance -I then De-limited it and modified it with exhaust system, carbon filter (mounted to draw in cold air!) and a Dastek unichip so that it was making 200bhp at the wheel. Was it a waste of money and not a practical car? Probably. Was it fun when the vtec cut in? Yep😀 That said, I never had much time for the whole boy racers thing who selfishly played their overloud music all the time and drove like ****s.

mickd1961
18-12-2021, 05:43 PM
It’s so funny seeing the lowlife in their “souped up” s h I t cans revving at traffic light as I pull alongside.

It depends on my mood on any given day these days but I do still occasionally revert to younger days and plant my right foot to the floor as the lights change.

The look on their faces as more than two tons of car leaves them for dead!

A lot of them haven’t yet learned that electric power is instant! 😏🤣

One thing we all need to be aware of with the growth of electric car numbers on our roads.

When it comes to pulling out at islands and more awkward junctions you do need to be more aware, you don’t have as much time to pull out as you used to with more people having electric power at their disposal.

Omegstrat6
18-12-2021, 06:34 PM
It’s so funny seeing the lowlife in their “souped up” s h I t cans revving at traffic light as I pull alongside.

It depends on my mood on any given day these days but I do still occasionally revert to younger days and plant my right foot to the floor as the lights change.

A lot of them haven’t yet learned that electric power is instant! 😏🤣

One thing we all need to be aware of with the growth of electric car numbers on our roads.

When it comes to pulling out at islands and more awkward junctions you do need to be more aware, you don’t have as much time to pull out as you used to with more people having electric power at their disposal.

Yep recently had to do that roundabout at the bottom of the A12 at Redbridge that I haven't done for a while and you don't get much chance for any hesitation there! At the moment we've got an auto Sri estate which is nothing special but I'm always away first at lights although I certainly hear what you are saying about electric cars.

kettering_baggie
18-12-2021, 07:37 PM
I used to get some of these idiots try the traffic light drag race with me when I was on my motorcycle. I sold my last ‘bike about four or five years ago; it was a 1000cc Yamaha and it would leave almost any car for dead, yet still these fools tried it on!

boingy
18-12-2021, 07:51 PM

A lot of them haven’t yet learned that electric power is instant! ����

I was gobsmacked when a friend took me for a trip round the block in her new electric Mini, she went from 0-60 like a rocket. Wasn't expecting that at all.

soulman101
18-12-2021, 08:08 PM
You should see me go, when my mobility scooter is fully charged.

DaveP67 is back!
18-12-2021, 09:01 PM
Haven’t we all been there tho! I remember putting twin carbs and a straight through exhaust on my Marina Coupe! Must have looked like a right twozzer but at the time o thought it was the bees knees and that girls loved a handbrake skid!

Omegstrat6
18-12-2021, 09:19 PM
You should see me go, when my mobility scooter is fully charged.

;););)

mickd1961
18-12-2021, 10:11 PM
Haven’t we all been there tho! I remember putting twin carbs and a straight through exhaust on my Marina Coupe! Must have looked like a right twozzer but at the time o thought it was the bees knees and that girls loved a handbrake skid!

I had a Marina for me first car.

The biggest pile of sh I t e on the planet.

A truly horrible car!

Omegstrat6
18-12-2021, 10:43 PM

A truly horrible car!

Great at cornering though weren't they?😃 No wonder Dave P loved handbrake turns in his! Mind you, didn't the early ones use the same suspension and chassis bits as the old Moggie Minor? Seem to remember that the coupe version was supposed to compete with the Ford Capri too lol but back in the day there seemed to be a lot of Marinas about so must have sold well despite how crap they were.

kettering_baggie
18-12-2021, 10:48 PM
The best way to improve the handling of the Marina was to put a sack of spuds in the boot!

I worked for Rover-Truimph then BL Cars back in the late 60’s through to mid 70’s and the quality control of Austin Morris cars was abysmal. Remember the Austin Allegro? Awful.

DaveP67 is back!
18-12-2021, 10:53 PM

A truly horrible car!

Honestly I am surprised I made it as far as my 18th birthday! Truly terrible handling, that said if you look at the coupe now the styling is pretty good, just everything else was bad!

Omegstrat6
18-12-2021, 10:55 PM
The best way to improve the handling of the Marina was to put a sack of spuds in the boot!

I worked for Rover-Truimph then BL Cars back in the late 60’s through to mid 70’s and the quality control of Austin Morris cars was abysmal. Remember the Austin Allegro? Awful.

Austin Allegro! One of the most beautiful cars ever to Grace our roads-and in such stylish 70s colours too!😄 That said, the better half's first car was an old Allegro and she claimed it never let her down for years-well, not until the gearbox fell through the floor anyway.....

mickd1961
19-12-2021, 12:28 AM

My dad had a very early Allegro 1300 reg number LWD 175P in an orangey red colour with cream interior.

For its time it wasn’t a bad looking car, the wedge was quite futuristic at the time.

Mechanically it was awful though.

My dad was a rep for a finance company and dealt mainly with car retailers and they referred to the car as the “Austin Aggro” due to the hassle it caused them.

The Austin Maxi was a truly dismal car as was the Princess.

British Leyland was a disgrace of a company with the laziest and least talented bunch of a r s e holes throwing these vehicles together.

SwedishBaggie
19-12-2021, 08:44 AM

😊🤣

stripes39
19-12-2021, 08:47 AM
A friend of mine had an Allegro and he was driving around the roundabout in Halesowen on the A456 by the cricket club and the steering wheel came off.

Didn’t they have square hub caps or was it the steering wheel that was square? They had some really classy colours for that car if I’m correct; mustard and turquoise

WBA1955
19-12-2021, 11:30 AM
When they go past a group of people sitting outside a pub and open up, do they think that anyone is actually impressed and go, wow, how about that?
Still it's no good being a numpty if you don't act like one, people would never know.

DaveP67 is back!
19-12-2021, 11:49 AM
No word of a lie I upgraded the Marina for an Allegro 1750 sport! white and black with a playboy badge on the grill :( used to go alright as it had the maxi engine, massive under steer as I remember total opposite to the massive over steer of the marina!!!

soulman101
19-12-2021, 04:51 PM
I've modified many cars when I was young, but don't just get why anyone would fit these port fart bang pipes.
They do nothing for perfomance and all they do is annoy everyone and pets.