PDA

View Full Version : Falling out with the boss…

PT_Arab
29-12-2021, 11:01 AM
This is mostly rumour, I know, but it seems like a fair number of our squad are falling out with the manager.

Half way through the season, I can think of Butcher, Chalmers, Mochrie and now Levitt who have all been rumoured to have fallen out with Tam.

So do we have an attitude problem in our squad or is Tam just a complete dick?

And on the subject of Levitt, does anyone know what is actually happening there? Two or three people have mentioned him falling out with Tam but there has also been chat of him signing for Ipswich. Is he fit and available again? Is he being sent back to Old Trafford? Is he signing for another club?

offshore_arab83
29-12-2021, 11:06 AM
everyone i've spoken to says Tams sound, dunno what he's like with the players though

it's always in the back of the head the fact he was never professional and that was always a concern

like you say all rumours, but usually no smoke without fire. Levitt not playing has been disastrous for us

TerryTheTerror
29-12-2021, 12:00 PM
everyone i've spoken to says Tams sound, dunno what he's like with the players though

it's always in the back of the head the fact he was never professional and that was always a concern

like you say all rumours, but usually no smoke without fire. Levitt not playing has been disastrous for us

I've spoken to TC a few times after matches (results good and bad) and he is sound. He doesn't need to take time to chat but he does. As offshore says, only the players will know what he's like in the dressing room or on the training pitch.

I'm not sure I'd take too much stock in these rumors though. I've never had the feeling the players aren't playing for him for instance.

DUFCstokie
29-12-2021, 12:53 PM
IF there is any truth in these rumours and IF TC lost his job because of it and we end up with another manager, what would the new manager do with the squad we have? We the fans are living in hope that the young players will be our lifeline, but we need the older players to help nurture them. If the older players aren't up to scratch (and a few of them fall into this category) why would the young players listen to and respect men they know aren't good enough? This puts TC in a very difficult situation.
Players and managers/coaches will always have fall outs and disagreements but it's how the manager deals with these situations that will determine whether he has a good grip on the players or not. Very hard to tell with TC at the moment as we don't know enough about him in this respect. Hopefully Tam gets a chance to put his stamp on the squad in January.

japanarab
29-12-2021, 12:58 PM
This is mostly rumour, I know, but it seems like a fair number of our squad are falling out with the manager.

Half way through the season, I can think of Butcher, Chalmers, Mochrie and now Levitt who have all been rumoured to have fallen out with Tam.

And on the subject of Levitt, does anyone know what is actually happening there? Two or three people have mentioned him falling out with Tam but there has also been chat of him signing for Ipswich. Is he fit and available again? Is he being sent back to Old Trafford? Is he signing for another club?
Mostly rumour, seems like. So basically pish?

tHeArAb
29-12-2021, 01:08 PM
Mostly rumour, seems like. So basically pish?

All rumour. Nothing 'mostly' about it.

The Butcher rumour came at a time when his entire household had Covid, so we can put that one in the 'load of pish' drawer.

arab1970
29-12-2021, 01:21 PM

Levitt has had Covid and also problem with his ankle. Currently back in Manchester dont think there has been a fallout.

Whitfieldarab
29-12-2021, 01:30 PM
Levitt's parents and his brother were on our bus away to the Livi midweek game a few months back and his mum and dad both said he was loving it at United they were both very happy he's with us too. A lot can happen in a few months I suppose but I doubt these rumours have any truth in them.

Craigbrew
29-12-2021, 01:34 PM
That first 50 mins of Hibs game was eye bleeding football to watch, midfield was awful forwards were no good but got no help anyway, tactics were no idea what we were trying to do..15 goals in 20 games and players are no happy i say neither they should be.

shedka
29-12-2021, 01:51 PM
Usual pish you hear after a poor run

Memories disappear quick, forgetting that with a stable line up without much disruption we were 4th and also I believe were third in the table for shots on target behind the obvious two teams only falling away in recent weeks

So TC has shown with his strongest line up or close to it and a consistent run playing it he can get us up the league, can have us creating and at same time we have proven we can be good defensively, that only really slipped from Tynecastle where Benji made that error and we defended poorly after

Recent games I feel we have defended ok, it took a soft penalty to decide the livi game, a pen at the Ibrox to decide that game (dma pen but wouldn't be given other end for us) and the offside goal vs Hibs which changes the course of a game

Hibs at home in league cup we dominated about 70% of that game and played really well our goal was excellent and had the clearly onside goal disallowed (aswell as the pen given for them) , poor decisions went against us, Hibs away we dominated with a strong line up, on sunday you see the difference, nothing like the same line up or performance but like previous Tannadice game decision goes for hibs

Mecca_Sheikh
29-12-2021, 02:00 PM
Is there a question over Biamou too?

That could be another on the list in this thread?

tHeArAb
29-12-2021, 02:04 PM
Is there a question over Biamou too?

That could be another on the list in this thread?

Yip. Biamou, Smith, Butcher, Mochrie, Fuchs, Levitt, Chalmers & McNulty have all fallen out with the boss.

BackRowArab
29-12-2021, 02:10 PM
Yip. Biamou, Smith, Butcher, Mochrie, Fuchs, Levitt, Chalmers & McNulty have all fallen out with the boss.

The guy working in one of the pie stands and a programme seller too

JUSTaway
29-12-2021, 02:20 PM

I’ve heard it on good authority the agent that negotiated Noel hunts sell on clause has also fallen out with the manager.

BackRowArab
29-12-2021, 02:23 PM
I’ve heard it on good authority the agent that negotiated Noel hunts sell on clause has also fallen out with the manager.

I heard that Ciftci has asked to come back because he wants to fall out with Tam

tHeArAb
29-12-2021, 02:23 PM

No more Churros at Tannadice either as, yeah, you guessed it....he's also fallen out with the boss.

tHeArAb
29-12-2021, 02:24 PM
I heard that Ciftci has asked to come back because he wants to fall out with Tam

😂😂😂😂😂😂

JUSTaway
29-12-2021, 02:26 PM
I’m hearing The Jim McLean statue has fallen out with tam courts and eamon bannon.

tHeArAb
29-12-2021, 02:27 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Dundee Utd Head Coach Tam Courts falls out with himself.

ahlltanyirhide
29-12-2021, 03:44 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Dundee Utd Head Coach Tam Courts falls out with himself.

Rumour has it that Tam had a good long look at himself in the mirror and has now resolved all differences he had with himself

Bannons boots
29-12-2021, 04:22 PM
Its quite easy to explain why utd & every other team go through these slumps. The players are not good enough to sustain any form for long. If they were they would be playing for better teams elsewhere. Also the days of clubs like utd having reserve players good enough to replace first choices is long gone. If they were good enough they would be playing or handing in transfer requests. Us,Aberdeen,Hibs,Motherwell,St.Johnstone & others all take turns at being best of the rest or being utter pish. If we lose any of our players for any reason its usually catastrophic to our form. I think players nowadays have a lot to answer for in terms of application,caring enough & believing that going on a 6 or 7 game unbeaten run means they have arrived. They dont seem to think we should expect that is what we should see all season.

GUNBOAT
29-12-2021, 06:43 PM
All rumour. Nothing 'mostly' about it.

so we can put that one in the 'load of pish' drawer.

I have a couple O them drawers in the Bedsit.

Mainly in the winter when its too cold to use the outdoor facility.

GUNBOAT
29-12-2021, 07:06 PM
My Dens Park Mole tells me that numerous players have fallen out with Pep McPoke.

The Court Jester (Cummings)
The Tree Basher (Charlie)
The Cop Basher (Gowser)
One of their own (Cammy)
Whaurs my bobble(Sheridan)
The Groin Stroker (McMullan)
The Wee Man (Mullen)

Its a fairly common thing in the dressing room environment troops so i wouldna worry about it.

Yeats 62
29-12-2021, 08:19 PM
If the manager says to you "sorry son, yir drapped" and you don't fall out with him, your attitude has to be questioned. You may be right, he may be right, matters not a jot. Stand your ground, fight your corner, and next time you get a chance to prove him wrong , get ripped right in there. (unfortunately) I'm no seeing too many fighters in that team when the chips are doon. :/

LSArab
29-12-2021, 08:19 PM

Did JYM ever fall out with anyone.

This is rumour and even if it were true only Levitt is the key player amongst that group.

Think of JYM and Sir Alex they fell out with plenty of players including key players that no longer matched team requirements or what they demanded

Fwiw TC seems like opposite type of coach to that. In modern style he tries to help and encourage players from what I have heard from him / United output etc

VanDerHoorn
29-12-2021, 08:35 PM
Its quite easy to explain why utd & every other team go through these slumps. The players are not good enough to sustain any form for long. If they were they would be playing for better teams elsewhere. Also the days of clubs like utd having reserve players good enough to replace first choices is long gone. If they were good enough they would be playing or handing in transfer requests. Us,Aberdeen,Hibs,Motherwell,St.Johnstone & others all take turns at being best of the rest or being utter pish. If we lose any of our players for any reason its usually catastrophic to our form. I think players nowadays have a lot to answer for in terms of application,caring enough & believing that going on a 6 or 7 game unbeaten run means they have arrived. They dont seem to think we should expect that is what we should see all season.

It’s possible to buck this trend though; United’s class of 2010, St Johnstone punching above their weight through most of the last decade being notable examples.

Not easy though.

tHeArAb
29-12-2021, 08:56 PM
If the manager says to you "sorry son, yir drapped" and you don't fall out with him, your attitude has to be questioned. You may be right, he may be right, matters not a jot. Stand your ground, fight your corner, and next time you get a chance to prove him wrong , get ripped right in there. (unfortunately) I'm no seeing too many fighters in that team when the chips are doon. :/

Declan Glass.

JamesMcClean
29-12-2021, 10:45 PM
Did JYM ever fall out with anyone

Er, yes, maybe occasionally - ask Hamish McAlpine for starters.XD

TerryTheTerror
30-12-2021, 12:06 AM
Er, yes, maybe occasionally - ask Hamish McAlpine for starters.XD

"John Clark's decided the fishin's no for him..."

FTFun
30-12-2021, 12:28 AM
Did JYM ever fall out with anyone?

https://youtu.be/O7P7XJxATAA

Yeats 62
30-12-2021, 08:01 AM
Good example. Not many like him tho....

PT_Arab
30-12-2021, 09:08 AM
Its a fairly common thing in the dressing room environment troops so i wouldna worry about it.

I do worry when it's a player that we depend on, like Levitt who, if we believe the rumour, has been sent back to Old Trafford and we won't see him again. The last few weeks/couple of months have shown how much we need him.

This is rumour and even if it were true only Levitt is the key player amongst that group

That's why I'm addressing it now - previously it probably wouldn't have had a serious effect on the team and our form, but I think a few have mentioned it, even on this thread, that Levitt missing is a big factor in our form dip and complete inability to win games/score goals/pose a credible threat to the opponents goal.

Arabdownsouth
30-12-2021, 09:48 AM
I do worry when it's a player that we depend on, like Levitt who, if we believe the rumour, has been sent back to Old Trafford and we won't see him again. The last few weeks/couple of months have shown how much we need him.

That's why I'm addressing it now - previously it probably wouldn't have had a serious effect on the team and our form, but I think a few have mentioned it, even on this thread, that Levitt missing is a big factor in our form dip and complete inability to win games/score goals/pose a credible threat to the opponents goal.

If you take this approach to every rumour you'll find it hard to sleep at night. Wait for the facts is my advice, it's not like worrying or not worrying will affect things much.

BackRowArab
30-12-2021, 11:03 AM
https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united-boss-tam-courts-25807418

Courts today talking about the return of Levitt (amongst others), maybe he isn't back at Old Trafford (yet)

tHeArAb
30-12-2021, 11:07 AM
Damn those pesky rumours.

Getting Reynolds off the books will free up a massive wage.

BackRowArab
30-12-2021, 11:13 AM
Damn those pesky rumours.

Getting Reynolds off the books will free up a massive wage.

Yip, Connolly too, should hopefully let us bring in two or three guys

Chick A Saw
30-12-2021, 12:49 PM
On Levitt, i think his return to Old Trafford is more to do with being their asset and wanting to ensure that there is nothing more sinister with the injury re-lapse. More than likely, nothing untoward has been found and he is back up here and hopefully heading back to fitness.

JUSTaway
30-12-2021, 10:12 PM
I wonder when you get a rumour that turns out to be total p1sh how it starts? Is it a case of Chinese whispers? Or does someone just put 2 + 2 together and come up with Pish? Do people spread stuff that fits their narrative? Do people just want to be billy big baws?

Tbf some people come out make it clear they have are only passing on what they heard, but that usually then snowballs with people then adding a spin on what they’ve heard. Others a more chick young exclusives in their reveal. Maybe it’s size of Dundee means more chance of these rumours spreading. They do seem to increase when things are going pear shaped on the field.

The one that always sticks out in my mind on here was when we had the decent McNamara side and they got pumped 1-4 on Boxing Day to st mirren, and the rumour went round a group of players had been out the night before, and everyone was up in arms slaughtering the players, and it turned out to be a load of p1sh.

BackRowArab
30-12-2021, 10:23 PM
I wonder when you get a rumour that turns out to be total p1sh how it starts? Is it a case of Chinese whispers? Or does someone just put 2 + 2 together and come up with Pish? Do people spread stuff that fits their narrative? Do people just want to be billy big baws?

Tbf some people come out make it clear they have are only passing on what they heard, but that usually then snowballs with people then adding a spin on what they’ve heard. Others a more chick young exclusives in their reveal. Maybe it’s size of Dundee means more chance of these rumours spreading. They do seem to increase when things are going pear shaped on the field.

The one that always sticks out in my mind on here was when we had the decent McNamara side and they got pumped 1-4 on Boxing Day to st mirren, and the rumour went round a group of players had been out the night before, and everyone was up in arms slaughtering the players, and it turned out to be a load of p1sh.

Its amazing these rumours come out, but when Trevor Carson turns up with a black eye after the Christmas party nothing is said about it.

tHeArAb
30-12-2021, 10:27 PM
Its amazing these rumours come out, but when Trevor Carson turns up with a black eye after the Christmas party nothing is said about it.

😂😂😂😂😂

JUSTaway
30-12-2021, 11:41 PM
I think everyone just assumed he'd fallen out with Tam Courts!

GUNBOAT
31-12-2021, 09:52 AM

I think a lot of that is down to social media especially whats app groups.I have heard someone may post a joke story on a whats app group and everyone in the group knows its a joke but its when someone from outside the group is shown it they think its gospel and perhaps post it onto places like this.
That's my theory anyway,my young lad has told me something like this has happened before.

BackRowArab
31-12-2021, 10:29 AM
I think a lot of that is down to social media especially whats app groups.I have heard someone may post a joke story on a whats app group and everyone in the group knows its a joke but its when someone from outside the group is shown it they think its gospel and perhaps post it onto places like this.
That's my theory anyway,my young lad has told me something like this has happened before.

Have seen that happen a ton of times. Sometimes sarcasm or wink wink humour just doesn't come across well in written words and people take it the wrong way

tHeArAb
31-12-2021, 12:20 PM
Have seen that happen a ton of times. Sometimes sarcasm or wink wink humour just doesn't come across well in written words and people take it the wrong way

It's all about the emoji. 😉

TerryTheTerror
31-12-2021, 01:46 PM
It's all about the emoji. 😉

Unless you are an Arab down south. 😂

tHeArAb
31-12-2021, 03:00 PM
Unless you are an Arab down south. 😂

True. Poor lad. 🙈😂

GUNBOAT
31-12-2021, 03:14 PM
Levitt's mum fed up with some of the nonsense being said about her son and Tam its all shyte.She is on AA apparently.

BackRowArab
31-12-2021, 03:25 PM
Levitt's mum fed up with some of the nonsense being said about her son and Tam its all shyte.She is on AA apparently.

Well if she is in AA there is no way I'm believing what some random drunk is saying! :D

tHeArAb
31-12-2021, 03:40 PM

Really?? Wee Dyls the mummy's boy. 😂😂😂

Tbf it doesn't make our fans look too clever. On the other hand she shouldn't be rising to rumours.

GUNBOAT
31-12-2021, 05:35 PM
Really?? Wee Dyls the mummy's boy. ������

Tbf it doesn't make our fans look too clever. On the other hand she shouldn't be rising to rumours.

To be honest mate i'm not on Arabs Anonymous and have not read what she posted but it may have just been,"That's nonsense." for all i know.

Yeats 62
31-12-2021, 05:46 PM
How do they know it's his Mum? Is she a new member called Dylan's mum yi bass?? Strange indeed.

GUNBOAT
31-12-2021, 06:01 PM
How do they know it's his Mum? Is she a new member called Dylan's mum yi bass?? Strange indeed.

Lets ask Pat the Arab he''ll know.

Yeats 62
31-12-2021, 06:05 PM
Lets ask Pat the Arab he''ll know.You go first :D

Shedboy1971
01-01-2022, 07:29 AM
To be honest mate i'm not on Arabs Anonymous and have not read what she posted but it may have just been,"That's nonsense." for all i know.

Whitfield mentioned she was on his bus too?

Arabdownsouth
01-01-2022, 09:30 AM
She's obviously a zoomer ����

ARAbCHNID
01-01-2022, 10:07 AM
Dylan's mum is the real deal & she was bold enough to come out & deny the rumours around her son not coming back etc.
Which is the news we wanted to hear so let's get on with it.

offshore_arab83
01-01-2022, 11:09 AM

as whitfield said on another thread, she was on oor bus at livi away

nice lassie

arab1970
01-01-2022, 01:27 PM
Meekison and Mochrie have been booked more times than Harkes this season, I find that incredable.

Shedboy1971
01-01-2022, 01:28 PM
Meekison and Mochrie have been booked more times than Harkes this season, I find that incredable.

desperate to make themselves regulars. Great attitude

GUNBOAT
01-01-2022, 01:36 PM

They are fledglings under the protective wing of Butcher.

Yeats 62
01-01-2022, 03:56 PM

Do you tho...? It's time to lose the Mister nice guys, and make sure the young guns know exactly what is required. And to be fair, some of them seem to know the script. (Thank Fcuk)

arab1970
01-01-2022, 04:02 PM
Do you tho...? It's time to lose the Mister nice guys, and make sure the young guns know exactly what is required. And to be fair, some of them seem to know the script. (Thank Fcuk)

Im amazed that Harkes has only picked up 1 yellow I mean, powderpuff

Yeats 62
01-01-2022, 04:14 PM
Im amazed that Harkes has only picked up 1 yellow I mean, powderpuff

I know what you meant, totally agree. not just him tho........... at least the young anes are willing to get fired in. I'm not Butchers biggest fan, but, at least when he is on the park the other team might not want to try sashie through the midfield without a wee bruise or twa ;)

arab1970
01-01-2022, 04:19 PM
I know what you meant, totally agree. not just him tho........... at least the young anes are willing to get fired in. I'm not Butchers biggest fan, but, at least when he is on the park the other team might not want to try sashie through the midfield without a wee bruise or twa ;)

Agree'd, we dont want to be too nice to play but also dont want silly ball flicking bookings either

TerryTheTerror
01-01-2022, 04:33 PM
Butcher is stupid for getting booked too often and Harkes is soft for not. Hmmm. 🤔

Yeats 62
01-01-2022, 04:40 PM
Butcher is stupid for getting booked too often and Harkes is soft for not. Hmmm. 🤔

What's we the slaver thing Terence? Was that a question or just a statement???

arab1970
01-01-2022, 04:59 PM

you disagree with either of those statements ?

ianharab
01-01-2022, 06:18 PM
Only zoomers are on here , have met and spoken to her in the Snug , she is adamant these stories are ****e , crack on tho

tHeArAb
01-01-2022, 06:26 PM
Only zoomers are on here , have met and spoken to her in the Snug , she is adamant these stories are ****e , crack on tho

First whooooosh of the year goes to....... 👏🏼

Arabdownsouth
01-01-2022, 06:47 PM
First whooooosh of the year goes to....... ����

:D:D

TerryTheTerror
01-01-2022, 08:29 PM
you disagree with either of those statements ?

Butcher is hard, very few of his bookings are unnecessary IMHO. Harkes is a different type of player and it does not worry me in the slightest he never gets booked.

LSArab
02-01-2022, 06:38 AM

Mochrie a bit like Paul scholes - terrible at making tackles when having to track back !

LSArab
02-01-2022, 06:43 AM
Butcher is hard, very few of his bookings are unnecessary IMHO. Harkes is a different type of player and it does not worry me in the slightest he never gets booked.

Agreed Terry. Different players. Butcher would have been better not making tackle on Turnbull but other than that happy with what he contributes.

Same with Harkes - not in his game to make yellow card challenges. Good he can avoid yellow cards and not get suspended