PDA

View Full Version : Who's up for the cup

soulman101
04-01-2022, 10:31 AM
3rd of the FA cup, which used be the game we looked forward to big crowds.
Remember the replay against Colchester there was 38k on the the ground plus those the turnstlile blokes used to let in.
Like most teams we will field a young side.
Clarke is not allowed to play, Johnstone and Mowett banned.
Anyway we have our tickets.

billsbest
04-01-2022, 10:58 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing some of our young players mixed in with some experience. Brighton will hopefully put out a reserve team.

Johnny on the spot 1
04-01-2022, 11:11 AM
Can't stand the FA Cup probably for me one step up from watching England play ,

Leicesterbaggie
04-01-2022, 01:26 PM

I'm surprised Jots, what with your dad's history in the competition. Wish we had him and Ronnie Allen leading our line now!

Dubbag
04-01-2022, 02:10 PM
I like the competition if only to get big clubs to turn up at some shytty ground with only one shower between players and no hot water for them....:)
It still has romance...but for me..it will always remind me of the 1-3 loss to Ipswich Town years ago....man did I cry that day....>:(

Yarmbaggie
04-01-2022, 02:45 PM
I like the competition if only to get big clubs to turn up at some shytty ground with only one shower between players and no hot water for them....:)
It still has romance...but for me..it will always remind me of the 1-3 loss to Ipswich Town years ago....man did I cry that day....>:(

Same for me but my sickening memory is the semi final at Hillsborough versus Leicester.

Still hadn’t got over it by the time I got home late that evening and even threw something at the tele later which got me in real bother with my Dad!

Prando
04-01-2022, 03:21 PM
Sadly, I have lost interest over the last few years. So different from the early days. No longer bothered to attend.

Leicesterbaggie
04-01-2022, 03:42 PM
Same for me but my sickening memory is the semi final at Hillsborough versus Leicester.

Still hadn’t got over it by the time I got home late that evening and even threw something at the tele later which got me in real bother with my Dad!

What was worse, I went with some mates from Leicester. Not an enjoyable journey home! Very poor game as well.

Albionic68
04-01-2022, 03:52 PM

Doesn't surprise me in the least you miserable git 😊 .

Still love the FA Cup personally and although unlikely I'd be ecstatic if we managed to successfully avoid not winning something.

Loaded three tickets onto our season tickets. Looking forward to going having missed so many games and faces during lockdowns.

COYB 😎 .

stargazer1962
07-01-2022, 06:22 PM
Yep I'm up the cup.
Purchased ticket, updated my covid pass.
Will be sparse tomorrow looking at the ticket website yesterday.
The ticket prices should have been cheaper. They also wanted an extra £1.75 to add it to your stilecard. Chose the print at home option.
My 1st Albion away game was WBA v QPR at Highbury in the semi final. Gutted.
One day we will get as far as the semi final and a day out at Wembley. The tickets for that definitely wont be cheap.

stargazer1962
07-01-2022, 06:36 PM
A quote I've just read on the express and Star website from our manager.

"Our long-term aim is to be an out of possession team with intensity.
"We know Brighton will have a lot of possession so we now have to show how good we are out of possession.
"To compete with a Premier League club is the best thing we can have to give us a picture of where we are to where we want to be."

I never remember when I played Sunday or Saturday football that the manager wanted us to be out of possession.
Bizarre how football is.

kettering_baggie
07-01-2022, 06:49 PM
I used to really look forward to the FA Cup 3rd round, hoping for a decent cup run. It now seems as if is an irritation to most clubs, such is the pressure of retaining or gaining Premier League status. Add the unpleasantness of an hour (or more) each way on the M6/A14, the awful weather forecast and I have,sadly, decided that I will not be at the Hawthorns tomorrow. If the club is making a charge for putting the game on one’s stilecard, then that is outrageous. Football these days just doesn’t have the appeal that it once had for me.

stargazer1962
08-01-2022, 06:25 PM
Not sure how full the Brighton End was, but 10,000 to 12,000 tops today