PDA

View Full Version : Who has the most potential?

MillersTime
13-01-2022, 07:21 PM
We have a number of really promising young players adorning the Millers shirt currently. Which do you think has the greatest upside / potential? Always difficult to judge as some players hit a developmental wall and others keep kicking on and improving. I'm curious as to who people see as the best prospect.

Players under 25 - (Age in brackets)

- Wiles (22)
- Ogbene (24)
- Kayode (21)
- Barlaser (24)
- Viktor (23)
- Odoffin (23)
- Bola (23)

Didn't include REG because he isn't ours. Nor Hull and other youngsters who we haven't really seen play in the first team. Pick one of them if you like however.

I'm going Wiles. Whilst Dan is obviously my favourite and has great passing qualities I think if Ben can keep developing that engine of his, together with ironing out those small errors that can creep into his game and general experience (still only 22!) I think he could develop into a top Championship player. Not saying he is the best as of now, just in terms of potential.

Grist_To_The_Mill
13-01-2022, 07:23 PM
Kayode would be my choice

Scum-Triumphant
13-01-2022, 07:29 PM
If Wiles continues his progress he’ll play on the premier league one day.

BramleyMiller58
13-01-2022, 07:29 PM
Kayode (provided he bulks up a bit) for me too

Brin
13-01-2022, 07:48 PM
I see Wiles as the young James Milner. Just iron out the silly mistakes and lapses of concentration in his game and his progression is endless.

Get him with the right coaching staff, not that ours are bad but, top clubs condition and train players far way in advance of what we can offer.

Grist_To_The_Mill
13-01-2022, 07:54 PM
I see Wiles as the young James Milner. Just iron out the silly mistakes and lapses of concentration in his game and his progression is endless.

Get him with the right coaching staff, not that ours are bad but, top clubs condition and train players far way in advance of what we can offer.

Yes including black arts training

Brin
13-01-2022, 07:55 PM
Yes including black arts training

Wycombe it is then XD

Grist_To_The_Mill
13-01-2022, 08:01 PM
Wycombe it is then XD

To be fair to them they did their homework and found where our weaknesses were (are), followed their plan and carried it out.

We lacked the flexibility to overcome their tactics

clarkey1974
13-01-2022, 08:11 PM
I think kayode may surpass wiles.the others may move on up the ladder at some point.but I think they are relatively exposed to some early extent.

Grist_To_The_Mill
13-01-2022, 08:14 PM
Had we not been top of the league I think we would have been seeing more of Kayode

sawmiller
13-01-2022, 08:15 PM
Kayode for me. Great that we have a list to choose from. Perhaps Jake Hull also before too long - next season perhaps?

MillersTime
13-01-2022, 08:23 PM
Kayode for me. Great that we have a list to choose from. Perhaps Jake Hull also before too long - next season perhaps?

Fingers crossed for Hull. I like the brief look that I've seen of him. Slight shame we couldn't see him play in a couple more Pizza cup games, definite prospect. Probably be out on loan again next season mind, understandably.

Grist_To_The_Mill
13-01-2022, 08:34 PM
But with potential we have to maximise profit.

Jerry Yates for example still only 25 and might still go higher.

Did we achieve maximum return?

BramleyMiller58
13-01-2022, 08:53 PM
But with potential we have to maximise profit.

Jerry Yates for example still only 25 and might still go higher.

Did we achieve maximum return?

No and he's a classic example of a Miller's player improving under different coaching

Grumpy King of the West
13-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Wiles, I think. Just.

Grist_To_The_Mill
13-01-2022, 09:03 PM
No and he's a classic example of a Miller's player improving under different coaching

Or a club playing a style they fit into ( or both)

avondalemiller
13-01-2022, 09:24 PM
Maybe JJ, he's still young and it's potential what scouts can see and bring out. Wiles maybe at the end of his potential.

Many years ago, my Father in law was in charge of Millspaugh football team. Little old man introduce himself as from West Ham. After the game he said to the scout did he like the midfielder," no, he's got nothing left in him. I like the Goalie......... it was Gordon Banks........the midfielder faded away just like the old man said he would. My ex appeared on This is your Life for Gordon Banks years after.

Brin
13-01-2022, 10:48 PM
Maybe JJ, he's still young and it's potential what scouts can see and bring out. Wiles maybe at the end of his potential.

Many years ago, my Father in law was in charge of Millspaugh football team. Little old man introduce himself as from West Ham. After the game he said to the scout did he like the midfielder," no, he's got nothing left in him. I like the Goalie......... it was Gordon Banks........the midfielder faded away just like the old man said he would. My ex appeared on This is your Life for Gordon Banks years after.

Great story….owd uns know best 😉

CAMiller
13-01-2022, 11:13 PM
Great story….owd uns know best ��

Like the one on here who lauded JJ as our saviour in the Championship last season only to say get him out on loan again as soon as he seemed to struggle in League 1 ;D

Townerslovechild
14-01-2022, 08:29 AM
When was the last time we had so many good young prospects, probably in Ronnie's first stint.
I'm sure that in amongst them there's some big money transfers,but hopefully not for a while.

millertop
14-01-2022, 08:50 AM
Not like me to write an essay but I did and the ****er logged me out :mad:

Short story
Kayode will go far eventually but Barlaser will make us more money sooner

I might rewrite it later

gru
14-01-2022, 09:28 AM
Not Victor or Bola. Odoffin hardly seen him. Barlaser & Ogbene probably have reached their potential which is at our level high, Chioe his crosses passes in we all know needs working on. Wiles is a step up from Kayode but both high on potential.

Brin
14-01-2022, 09:28 AM

Short story

I might rewrite it later

MT, small tip. When you’ve write an ‘essay’. Always copy it first before attempting to post it. For some reason when you’ve been typing a certain length of time, the system always logs you out, even though it says you are still in before you post.

This has caught me out before so now I always copy anything lengthy I’ve wrote before posting.

welovebooth
14-01-2022, 09:34 AM
Victor and wiles purely because they are early 20s and have played in the championship and near enough regulars in league 1.

Add ogbene who will go onto better things.

Grist_To_The_Mill
14-01-2022, 10:23 AM

Short story

I might rewrite it later

A victim of the John2 filter

gru
14-01-2022, 10:35 AM
Harding 25 good age another one reached his potential who played on right of defence good solid player. Can play on left of defence if we are short there. Victor for me is 2nd choice keeper his lack of height goes against him. Under pressure from crosses in puts us at a disadvantage with him in goal.

frogmiller
14-01-2022, 11:10 AM
To be fair to them they did their homework and found where our weaknesses were (are), followed their plan and carried it out.

We lacked the flexibility to overcome their tactics

Most teams do XD

frogmiller
14-01-2022, 11:18 AM
We have a number of really promising young players adorning the Millers shirt currently. Which do you think has the greatest upside / potential? Always difficult to judge as some players hit a developmental wall and others keep kicking on and improving. I'm curious as to who people see as the best prospect.

Players under 25 - (Age in brackets)

- Wiles (22)
- Ogbene (24)
- Kayode (21)
- Barlaser (24)
- Viktor (23)
- Odoffin (23)
- Bola (23)

That's a pool of talent that other teams would love and all featuring in the first team squad.

I'm going to be in the minority here but I think that when Odoffin gets established he's going to be brilliant. He, out of all of them has the best chance of playing at the highest level for the longest period. Ogbene may play there before hand but the others will become top end Championship players with the chance of promotion to the Prem just as Ajayi did.

vespabri
14-01-2022, 01:55 PM
Barlaser for me...he'll be even better in a league up hopefully with us.
How old is Miller BTW??

Masbroughstreet
14-01-2022, 02:34 PM
Barlaser for me...he'll be even better in a league up hopefully with us.
How old is Miller BTW??

clarkey1974
14-01-2022, 02:36 PM

Short story

I might rewrite it later

This happened to me once.so after a long wasted effort if it’s going to be big I write it first in my notes app or even in your messages if you prefer and then copy and paste it on here at your will within seconds.

frogmiller
14-01-2022, 02:40 PM
MT, small tip. When you’ve write an ‘essay’. Always copy it first before attempting to post it. For some reason when you’ve been typing a certain length of time, the system always logs you out, even though it says you are still in before you post.

This has caught me out before so now I always copy anything lengthy I’ve wrote before posting.

Or don't write an essay!