PDA

View Full Version : Kelly signs for Millers

gru
23-01-2022, 12:46 PM
If you had choice. Know you shouldn't judge off u tube but me would be Kelly. Stockton looks abit basic to me a typical lower EFL striker.

Lolmorgan
23-01-2022, 12:54 PM
It would depend on how much we want to pay but yes that Kelly seems to have nice movement.

Scum-Triumphant
23-01-2022, 12:54 PM
Warne has said Kelly is going elsewhere.

Back of the net
23-01-2022, 12:55 PM
Kayodi

Lolmorgan
23-01-2022, 12:56 PM
Warne has said Kelly is going elsewhere.

Down Paradise Row XD

Lolmorgan
23-01-2022, 12:58 PM
Kayodi

He his not the answer & if we go up he wouldn’t get a kick in the Championship.Don’t rush the lad one for the future.

gru
23-01-2022, 01:23 PM
If it was one of our players I'd have kept Greaves got size don't see gamble with him compared to keeping Ladapo & Grigg going nowhere with those two!

Scum-Triumphant
23-01-2022, 01:38 PM
If it was one of our players I'd have kept Greaves got size don't see gamble with him compared to keeping Ladapo & Grigg going nowhere with those two!

Yeah, you’ve said.

vespabri
23-01-2022, 01:41 PM
Kelly off to Plymouth apparently

Brin
23-01-2022, 01:47 PM
If you had choice. Know you shouldn't judge off u tube but me would be Kelly. Stockton looks abit basic to me a typical lower EFL striker.

State of our line up I would take both!

Brin
23-01-2022, 01:49 PM
Kayodi

No where near ready. Simply not strong enough although he does show some potential. One for the future definitely.

millertop
23-01-2022, 01:56 PM
Personally none

CHAPELMILLER
23-01-2022, 02:03 PM
Kelly off to Plymouth apparently

If thats the case then it's yet another team up near the top bringing in a new forward.
This could come back to bite us on the arris.
When Warne says he's happy with the 4 he's got he's being very nieve. Smith needs help up top. Freddie after yesterday's performance will find himself still with us beyond this window. He wasn't running the channels and Wood put him to shame running full length of the pitch to close them down while he pranced around in midfield. The chance he blazed over from 8 yards out should have been buried, he didn't even seem bothered that he'd missed it. The crowd gave him warm applause when he was taken off yet at the end he chose not to acknowledge the crowd with his team mates. Warne can say what he wants about Freddies attitude but his body language told a different story he does not want to be here or part of this team anymore.
Grigg put himself about when he finally came on but he wasn't on long enough to really make an impact.
Could this be yet another January window that on the last day we are left floundering to find replacements for players who move on.
In short, banish Ladapo from the squad along with Tilt and bring in suitable replacements now who want to be here and put in the required effort.

welovebooth
23-01-2022, 02:06 PM
Stockton as he can score in league 1.

Which will be needed the season after the championship

Grist_To_The_Mill
23-01-2022, 02:09 PM
It might be a temporary blip but our squad looks a bit jaded of late

Suggesting a bit of new blood might be needed

jakethemiller
23-01-2022, 02:41 PM
I'd have both, Stockton proven league one scorer and Kelly surprise package, Freddie goes then we have 5 Strikers, so what.

gru
23-01-2022, 02:57 PM
As anyone here seen Kelly? K double E L Y! sure that's a song or something. I'd take a risk on him 25 good age bout 6ft 1 solid build.

DK_NY
23-01-2022, 03:25 PM
As anyone here seen Kelly? K double E L Y! sure that's a song or something. I'd take a risk on him 25 good age bout 6ft 1 solid build.

Is he going through a ‘bad spell’ GRU ? 😀

gru
23-01-2022, 03:40 PM
Is he going through a ‘bad spell’ GRU ? 😀

He looks up for it to me! Watch this space I hope!

flourbasher
23-01-2022, 03:41 PM
Freddie after yesterday's performance will find himself still with us beyond this window. He wasn't running the channels and Wood put him to shame running full length of the pitch to close them down while he pranced around in midfield. The chance he blazed over from 8 yards out should have been buried, he didn't even seem bothered that he'd missed it. The crowd gave him warm applause when he was taken off yet at the end he chose not to acknowledge the crowd with his team mates. Warne can say what he wants about Freddies attitude but his body language told a different story he does not want to be here or part of this team anymore..

Bit harsh on Freddie
When he was subbed he was clapping the crowd as he walked off in mutual admiration

Let's face it, there ain't many people left when the players do their lap of honour at the end

I don't see that much has changed with him to be fair. Same performances as before and decent application.
Not great, but not poor

avondalemiller
23-01-2022, 04:01 PM
If they was anyone watching Freddie yesterday they would have walked out before half time, the only thing on his notepad would have been," don't bother and save your money"......................

Derbymiller
23-01-2022, 04:24 PM
If thats the case then it's yet another team up near the top bringing in a new forward.
This could come back to bite us on the arris.
When Warne says he's happy with the 4 he's got he's being very nieve. Smith needs help up top. Freddie after yesterday's performance will find himself still with us beyond this window. He wasn't running the channels and Wood put him to shame running full length of the pitch to close them down while he pranced around in midfield. The chance he blazed over from 8 yards out should have been buried, he didn't even seem bothered that he'd missed it. The crowd gave him warm applause when he was taken off yet at the end he chose not to acknowledge the crowd with his team mates. Warne can say what he wants about Freddies attitude but his body language told a different story he does not want to be here or part of this team anymore.
Grigg put himself about when he finally came on but he wasn't on long enough to really make an impact.
Could this be yet another January window that on the last day we are left floundering to find replacements for players who move on.
In short, banish Ladapo from the squad along with Tilt and bring in suitable replacements now who want to be here and put in the required effort.

I agree ladapo wasn't at the races yesterday and his mind has already left, if kelly has gone to Plymouth and we had a chance and let him go then more fool us. warne has said he has 4 strikers, where? because they are not in the Rotherham squad, if he is genuinelly happy with those 4 for the rest of the season, then god help us.

Timbertop
23-01-2022, 04:34 PM
Neither of them look good enough (from you tube highlights) or suitable for our style. Surely Scott has had plenty of time (2 years ?) to find the striker we are desperate for but will the chairman sanction the sort of spending that will be needed ? Failure to recruit will be the difference between going up and languishing in Lge 1.

caytonmiller
23-01-2022, 04:39 PM
Kelly or Stockton. Neither. It will be a loan striker from higher up the league's

flourbasher
23-01-2022, 04:57 PM
Ikpeasu from Boro would be good
Wilder loves us

pip_y
23-01-2022, 05:00 PM
Kelly or Stockton. Neither. It will be a loan striker from higher up the league's

Not done us much good in the past I.e Lawrence, Eaves, Brown. Dicko was the exception.

millers88
23-01-2022, 05:35 PM
We don't need a striker to get us out of league 1 we have them already we need a striker however to do well in championship as well which I don't think the 2 strikers are that level potentially.

PokerMillersSwinton
23-01-2022, 06:01 PM
kelly has followed @ROTHERHAMUNITED on Twitter. Might be nothing but then again .

Stovicmiller
23-01-2022, 06:47 PM
We don't need a striker to get us out of league 1 we have them already we need a striker however to do well in championship as well which I don't think the 2 strikers are that level potentially. smith Carnt donut on his own, JJ not ready to play regular, ladapo probably moving on and then there’s Griggs who the manager doesn’t fancy looking at the game time he gets . I do like your optimism tho if you think we have the forwards to get us out of this league.

fc_miller
23-01-2022, 07:18 PM
We bring someone in and JJ goes out on loan, which means we still have 4 strikers yet at least JJ is hopefully getting some game time than just sat on the bench.

millers88
23-01-2022, 07:22 PM
smith Carnt donut on his own, JJ not ready to play regular, ladapo probably moving on and then there’s Griggs who the manager doesn’t fancy looking at the game time he gets . I do like your optimism tho if you think we have the forwards to get us out of this league.

Smith and Grigg are good enough with JJ pushing them plus we got goals from midfield as well but I don't see the point in paying money for a striker that's never played in the division above because hopefully we only gonna be in this league for half a season. If Freddie goes I would rather loan a striker in or buy a young striker that has potential to be championship quality.

gru
23-01-2022, 07:22 PM
kelly has followed @ROTHERHAMUNITED on Twitter. Might be nothing but then again .

Gives me some hope! Don't know about anyone else on here.

uttis
23-01-2022, 07:41 PM
Paul Davis just quoted Kelly going to Plymouth

Grist_To_The_Mill
23-01-2022, 08:06 PM

Plymouth is the best choice for him.

When he checks up on us he will see Kayode who hardly ever plays, and ditto Grigg a loan player who we pay part of his wages and equally sirs on the bench.

Brin
23-01-2022, 08:12 PM
Plymouth is the best choice for him.

When he checks up on us he will see Kayode who hardly ever plays, and ditto Grigg a loan player who we pay part of his wages and equally sirs on the bench.

Because they’re not good enough to start?

gru
23-01-2022, 08:21 PM
No chance of going up with forwards we^ve got apart from Smith!

PerigordMiller
23-01-2022, 08:25 PM

No chance of being second best team on ppg for the first half of the season?

Grist_To_The_Mill
23-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Because they’re not good enough to start?

Whatever the criteria, any forward coming here would look at the manager's preferences and decide on whether it not it's a good career move

Ditto Plymouth as a choice

Geetarman
23-01-2022, 08:37 PM
Really? How did you arrive at that decision Pep?

flourbasher
23-01-2022, 08:38 PM
If I were Kelly I’d be choosing Devon/Cornwall to Bradford or Wickersley

fc_miller
23-01-2022, 08:47 PM
If I were Kelly I’d be choosing Devon/Cornwall to Bradford or Wickersley

He's 25 not 65, more likely to want live in Leeds or Manchester

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-01-2022, 09:14 PM
Georgie Kelly agrees to sign for the Millers, medical Friday.

flourbasher
27-01-2022, 09:19 PM
Yes I've heard that too
Nearly a done deal

Might be Cosgove too

One perm, one loan said the gaffer

MILLERSTALE
27-01-2022, 09:28 PM
According to Irish paper ?

MILLERSTALE
27-01-2022, 09:31 PM
Anybody here seen Kelly ?

mellowmiller
27-01-2022, 09:31 PM
Just seen this in an Irish newspaper. Good news methinks.

MillerBill
27-01-2022, 09:33 PM
Happy with that,sooner have him than Stockton.

gm_gm
27-01-2022, 09:36 PM
Was just about to post this, worth a punt.

Great work from the club

CAMiller
27-01-2022, 09:38 PM
Anybody here seen Kelly ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcrHkyXBGiM

Lolmorgan
27-01-2022, 09:39 PM

Me being a Yorkshireman HOW MUCH. XD

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-01-2022, 09:40 PM
Georgie Kelly agrees to sign for the Millers, medical Friday.

Pushing Ladapo down the pecking order ?, but need both players Saturday, if Kelly passes medical &
the club sorts the paperwork out.

CAMiller
27-01-2022, 09:40 PM

They're about 50p a day aren't they ;D

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-01-2022, 09:41 PM

Free agent Lol Morgan, he refused a new contract with Irish club Bohemians.

Lolmorgan
27-01-2022, 09:42 PM
What happened to Plymouth.

welovebooth
27-01-2022, 09:42 PM
I would like to think Paul Warne read my post about it been a mistake about not signing a striker .

Which made him change his mind about kelly.

This mean ladepo has gone or Paul Warne had enough iff his attitude

A striker match fit and In form scoring the goals.

We haven't had that kinda signing in years

Lolmorgan
27-01-2022, 09:43 PM
Free agent Lol Morgan, he refused a new contract with Irish club Bohemians.

Have you had a phone call from RDGH.

welovebooth
27-01-2022, 09:43 PM

Us or Plymouth.

We are a safer bet for promotion.

Would like to think we can afford more wages

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-01-2022, 09:45 PM

Kelly didn't like the seaside O:)

CAMiller
27-01-2022, 09:45 PM

Freddie's gone there instead?

welovebooth
27-01-2022, 09:48 PM
Apparently Kelly said he would only come if one goes .

Unless he has had a change iff heart and with the way Warne talks one in one out.

Ladrpo or kayode on loan Is going

MILLERSTALE
27-01-2022, 09:48 PM

I think he was worth a “ Punt “ ?

Timbertop
27-01-2022, 09:54 PM
Looks a useful signing and clever too,been doing a masters degree. Question is how fit will he be ? The Irish season finished in November ,i think.

gru
27-01-2022, 10:14 PM
Happy when his signing will be announced official. Can't have 5 strikers hoping someones in for Ladapo.

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-01-2022, 10:17 PM
To be honest I’ve no idea if this lad is any good. I assume that the back room staff have done their homework on him and he offers some form of improvement

Kayode must be feeling a bit knocked back and also Ladapo and Grigg if they are staying with us.

I hope it’s not a signing for signings sake and we’ve only got a new benchwarmer.

Brin
27-01-2022, 10:22 PM
Talk about cutting it fine……

rileyev.the.third
27-01-2022, 10:22 PM
Hope he does great for us. Reckon a bid may well have been accepted for Smith or Ladapo though. If so hope it’s the latter.

Brin
27-01-2022, 10:25 PM
I would like to think Paul Warne read my post about it been a mistake about not signing a striker .

Which made him change his mind about kelly.

This mean ladepo has gone or Paul Warne had enough iff his attitude

A striker match fit and In form scoring the goals.

We haven't had that kinda signing in years
Cheeky two hat I raised this weeks ago…. Talk about stealing my thunder 😉

Brin
27-01-2022, 10:27 PM
Cheeky two hat I raised this weeks ago…. Talk about stealing my thunder 😉

As for the latter, JJ should go out on loan to make him a better player. There’s no way he’s now going to get in front of smith, Kelly or Freddie

Geetarman
27-01-2022, 10:34 PM
Do you think that there could be a slight chance that Paul Warne would know more about him than you do. Surely not

clarkey1974
27-01-2022, 10:34 PM
Hearing Doncaster have enquired about kayode after moving bogle out….not sure about that but if he did go out on loan it’s got be at least league one level this time round..

rileyev.the.third
27-01-2022, 10:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcrHkyXBGiM

Not sure about the standard of goalkeepers lol

PerigordMiller
27-01-2022, 10:38 PM
Just going on his record last season, though never seen anything of him, I think I'm happy with that.

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-01-2022, 10:44 PM
Not sure about the standard of goalkeepers lol

Or the standard of linesmen looking at some of those goals, VAR would melt

In the next team photo don’t put Kelly next to Warne it will look like Mae West has signed for us.

Brin
27-01-2022, 10:45 PM
Where does Cosgrove play? I’m calling it now…. Is it time Oggy was benched? Fast running no end product

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-01-2022, 10:47 PM
Where does Cosgrove play? I’m calling it now…. Is it time Oggy was benched? Fast running no end product

The raw talent is there Brin

PerigordMiller
27-01-2022, 10:48 PM
We don't have anyone else who will draw 2 or 3 defenders as we attack. May not always have the final ball, but takes the shape of the defence away.

clarkey1974
27-01-2022, 10:51 PM
I think it’s a rouse and it’s really Conor Sammon signing again..

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-01-2022, 10:57 PM
We don't have anyone else who will draw 2 or 3 defenders as we attack. May not always have the final ball, but takes the shape of the defence away.

That’s always been my view with Ogbene, if he’s dragging over 2 or 3 players to the right side then surely we should develop a system where the ball is moved quickly across to the left side instead of letting him put in a cross that is hit and hope?

PerigordMiller
27-01-2022, 10:58 PM
Exactly

clarkey1974
27-01-2022, 11:02 PM

Just the same and how Jon Taylor was used to effect….defenders will always tell you the thing they don’t like to face is pace..

Brin
27-01-2022, 11:02 PM
Thing is we don’t….. no matter how many players he drags over.

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-01-2022, 11:03 PM
Thing is we don’t….. no matter how many players he drags over.

Like I said, the raw talent is there

Brin
27-01-2022, 11:04 PM
Sounds like there’s a lot of movement going on at ours if Kaydon Jackson is being sought, also watch out for a possible A.rsenal right winger coming in….need I say more

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-01-2022, 11:11 PM
Sounds like there’s a lot of movement going on at ours if Kaydon Jackson is being sought, also watch out for a possible A.rsenal right winger coming in….need I say more

With an international right winger going out?

Godsend.F.C.
27-01-2022, 11:12 PM

Sam Cosgrove is a striker. To sign him and Georgie Kelly would mean offloading two strikers either permanently or on loan. If our leader is telling the truth as it stands an attacking midfielder to come in on loan before 11pm Monday. Could be smoke & mirrors. Have patience, definitely someone else going out if they can get it over the line.
Leicester City have a left sided attacking midfielder, available if no one has signed him, Lesbela, not sure of name spelling is correct. Been on loan at Shrewsbury and didn't work out for the young lad.

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-01-2022, 11:12 PM
Just the same and how Jon Taylor was used to effect….defenders will always tell you the thing they don’t like to face is pace..

Wingers didn't like Lol Morgans pace, & he ran backwards XD

PerigordMiller
27-01-2022, 11:14 PM
Sam Cosgrove is a striker. To sign him and Georgie Kelly would mean offloading two strikers either permanently or on loan. If our leader is telling the truth as it stands an attacking midfielder to come in on loan before 11pm Monday. Could be smoke & mirrors. Have patience.
Leicester City have a left sided attacking midfielder, available if no one has signed him, Lesbela, not sure of name spelling is correct. Been on loan at Shrewsbury and didn't work out for the young lad.

All of that means ....?

Godsend.F.C.
27-01-2022, 11:21 PM
All of that means ....?

It means there's hope of players moving out and some coming in, all depends who's leaving. Would you prefer we didn't sign anyone at all.
Money talks if RUFC get the right offer that TS is willing to accept.

Brin
27-01-2022, 11:34 PM
With an international right winger going out?

Grist I wouldn’t say that but he may well be a bench warmer if this other lad comes in.

I personally wish someone in training would/could teach Oggy how to cross a ball simple as that

Brin
27-01-2022, 11:36 PM
Sam Cosgrove is a striker. To sign him and Georgie Kelly would mean offloading two strikers either permanently or on loan. If our leader is telling the truth as it stands an attacking midfielder to come in on loan before 11pm Monday. Could be smoke & mirrors. Have patience, definitely someone else going out if they can get it over the line.

Sadler, JJ and Bola to go out on loan. that would be my logical thinking or Sads to Pompey permanent

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-01-2022, 11:43 PM
Grist I wouldn’t say that but he may well be a bench warmer if this other lad comes in.

I personally wish someone in training would/could teach Oggy how to cross a ball simple as that

Keep saying same Brin, needs Ferguson to show Ogbene how & where to deliver a crossed ball.
If fans can see this, why can't the coaching staff see it.

Brin
27-01-2022, 11:45 PM
Easy ELK, don’t start attacking Warnes crew… there’s dark forces out there.

CAMiller
27-01-2022, 11:50 PM
Sadler, JJ and Bola to go out on loan. that would be my logical thinking or Sads to Pompey permanent

Georgie boy coming back the other way?

Godsend.F.C.
27-01-2022, 11:54 PM

Yes, I would more or less agree with that logic. The point I was trying to make is every player is available at the right price.
The sooner 11pm Monday comes the better for PW. Hopefully MS will still be here plus the lad Kelly when match fit and Grigg.
Should be an interesting few days with some teams panic buying.

Godsend.F.C.
27-01-2022, 11:58 PM
Keep saying same Brin, needs Ferguson to show Ogbene how & where to deliver a crossed ball.

If Cheio Ogbene could cross a ball like Shane Ferguson he wouldn't be playing for us. He would be a mid table Championship player.

MILLERSTALE
28-01-2022, 06:41 AM

Shows how long ago you bought a newspaper ?

MILLERSTALE
28-01-2022, 06:52 AM

Of course the coaching staff can see it ELK give them some credit ! You just can’t suddenly become something your not ? There is one thing crossing in training and another crossing when the pressures on ! That mantra applies to shooting as well ! and every other aspect of the game and life !!

MILLERSTALE
28-01-2022, 06:57 AM
Georgie boy coming back the other way?

Here comes Georgie boy, walking down the street !!!!!!!!!!! Herman’s Hermits ?

jakethemiller
28-01-2022, 07:49 AM
Welcome Georgi, I hope your stay with us is happy and filled with lots of goals. We needed a striker and I think we've got one.

The Hillsborough Miller
28-01-2022, 08:33 AM
We need to keep sadlier

flourbasher
28-01-2022, 08:44 AM
One way to solve Oggy,s crossing problems is to play him down the middle so he doesn't need that skill
Maybe the Irish coaches have solved the conundrum

If PW is signing more strikers I doubt this will happen though

mellowmiller
28-01-2022, 08:45 AM
Of course the coaching staff can see it ELK give them some credit ! You just can’t suddenly become something your not ? There is one thing crossing in training and another crossing when the pressures on ! That mantra applies to shooting as well ! and every other aspect of the game and life !!

"Suddenly"? How long has Chieo been playing out wide? Surely he should be capable of crossing a ball by now, it's a fundamental requirement for someone playing in that position.
Perhaps the coaching staff should show him a few videos of Tony Towner.

flourbasher
28-01-2022, 08:50 AM
PW seems to have got a fetish for all things Irish ��

Sads
Oggy
JJ
Griggo
Conor salmons twin brother
Ferguson

That's half a team

gm_gm
28-01-2022, 09:00 AM
To be honest I’ve no idea if this lad is any good. I assume that the back room staff have done their homework on him and he offers some form of improvement

Kayode must be feeling a bit knocked back and also Ladapo and Grigg if they are staying with us.

I hope it’s not a signing for signings sake and we’ve only got a new benchwarmer.

Listened to an interview with Kayode and the lads has his head screwed on, he understands that the position and didnt expect so many starts this year.

Shark27
28-01-2022, 09:33 AM

To be honest Ladapo would have no right to feel knocked back. He wants out and could be gone tomorrow for all we know. Grigg could be recalled, Smith could go if the right money is offered so we need to look after ourselves and have options.

clarkey1974
28-01-2022, 09:34 AM
When he was appointed HOTI Scotty did say we would tap into the overseas market…

gru
28-01-2022, 09:53 AM
Cosgrove were is he going to play? Smith one of 1st names on team sheet never gets injured. Kelly isn't coming here to sit on the bench. We need cover for Chioe.

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 10:04 AM
Cosgrove were is he going to play? Smith one of 1st names on team sheet never gets injured. Kelly isn't coming here to sit on the bench. We need cover for Chioe.
I though you liked Harding playing rwb. Or was this last week?

gm_gm
28-01-2022, 10:08 AM
I though you liked Harding playing rwb. Or was this last week?

Cayton was this the signing you mentioned the other day or is that another player?

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 10:14 AM
Cayton was this the signing you mentioned the other day or is that another player?

No another player. This was in the bag but there's 2 loan players. One a striker who decided to go else where in lg 1. The other a midfield player. Club still deciding to let him out

millertop
28-01-2022, 10:20 AM
So have we decided to sign Kelly because the loan player went elsewhere?

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 10:20 AM
Btw. I use the term striker very loosely when talking about the loan one. Wasn't George Hurst a striker. Hmmmm

millertop
28-01-2022, 10:22 AM
Btw. I use the term striker very loosely when talking about the loan one. Wasn't George Hurst a striker. Hmmmm
What’s up with Hurst? ;D

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 10:23 AM

Not sure on that one m8. As I understood it, we could have ended up with them both or neither. Or as it's panned out 1.

clarkey1974
28-01-2022, 10:30 AM
Don’t want to be the monger of doom,but has this transfer being made official or as it just been made by one solitary news source…?.

millertop
28-01-2022, 10:31 AM
Don’t want to be the monger of doom,but has this transfer being made official or as it just been made by one solitary news source…?.

Not official

Rumoured to be having medical today so I’d guess late on in day if we sign him and it’s announced

Karl998yr
28-01-2022, 10:31 AM
Is Kelly signing confirmed by the club yet? Club announcement to follow?

clarkey1974
28-01-2022, 10:32 AM

Warne did say after Tuesdays game he would know either way in 48 hours on the two players…that would be personally not necessarily out in open

frogmiller
28-01-2022, 11:16 AM
Personally I'm surprised at the next signing. You'll see why when it happens but if he's better than what we have I'll be delighted.

flourbasher
28-01-2022, 11:22 AM

Cosgrove or whoever it is will get opportunities when the form of the others drops off, or injured, or suspended, got covid, wife had a baby, missed the bus

You can never have too many Strikers said Uncle Neil and PW uses that quote as well

PokerMillersSwinton
28-01-2022, 12:37 PM
Cosgrove or whoever it is will get opportunities when the form of the others drops off, or injured, or suspended, got covid, wife had a baby, missed the bus

You can never have too many Strikers said Uncle Neil and PW uses that quote as well

You cannot go wrong with Uncle Neil. Except we have been running with a guy that probably will not sign a new contract, a first year pro and a loan Player up top .. Add to that a guy who has for some reason suddenly thinks hes far better than he really is .We have been really lucky Smith did not get injured unless we would be nowhere near the top .Kelly will add something that's for sure and its good if true hes a long contract .

frogmiller
28-01-2022, 12:42 PM
You cannot go wrong with Uncle Neil. Except we have been running with a guy that probably will not sign a new contract, a first year pro and a loan Player up top .. Add to that a guy who has for some reason suddenly thinks hes far better than he really is .We have been really lucky Smith did not get injured unless we would be nowhere near the top .Kelly will add something that's for sure and its good if true hes a long contract .

Smith may sign a contract.
Grigg is on loan but has improved our play..
JJ is a first year pro but then again he's a decent player.
Who's the other one again?

mellowmiller
28-01-2022, 01:27 PM
Pushing Ladapo down the pecking order ?, but need both players Saturday, if Kelly passes medical &
the club sorts the paperwork out.

If he signs today would he be available for Saturday?
Also, is he fit enough considering he won't have played for a couple of months?

Brin
28-01-2022, 01:40 PM
Here comes Georgie boy, walking down the street !!!!!!!!!!! Herman’s Hermits ?

No that was the Monkees.

millertop
28-01-2022, 01:42 PM

Don’t know time rules anymore but Warney usually likes to have them training first before using them in games

Brin
28-01-2022, 01:45 PM
Don’t know time rules anymore but Warney usually likes to have them training first before using them in games

Correct. He won't be up to Warney's boot camp fitness levels so, he better prepare himself for some hard work.

A week in training a couple of short games and he'll probably roll him out against Donny or Accrington.

Nardendee
28-01-2022, 01:53 PM
No that was the Monkees.

Could have sworn that was the seekers….oops that was Georgie Girl 😜

Brin
28-01-2022, 01:56 PM
Could have sworn that was the seekers….oops that was Georgie Girl ��

Lovely singer....

https://youtu.be/wsIbfYEizLk

frogmiller
28-01-2022, 02:01 PM

It was in time, although if the management team need him to build up his fitness for 3 months then that's another story XD

mellowmiller
28-01-2022, 02:05 PM
It was in time, although if the management team need him to build up his fitness for 3 months then that's another story XD

Thanks Frog. Still nothing official from the club though as per........

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 02:26 PM
Thanks Frog. Still nothing official from the club though as per........
They are waiting until tilt has gone (officially)

South Coast Miller
28-01-2022, 04:21 PM
They are waiting until tilt has gone (officially)

He went officially (EFL) on 25th Jan

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 04:27 PM
He went officially (EFL) on 25th Jan

Haha

Townerslovechild
28-01-2022, 04:30 PM
On Kelly,he`s a big lad,6ft 2,and strong,two footed,loves a header,and great strike rate in Irish Prem,not sure how that equates to England,but I`m guessing similar to league 1.
Looks a similar player to Smith in style and build,so maybe a replacement for him(Hope not),but I could see him playing along side Smith,that would scare the sh*t out of championship defences.
A bit of gamble,but he won`t cost a fee,and who had heard of Smith before he came.

vespabri
28-01-2022, 04:34 PM
Agreed...
I remember the outcry when we signed Smudge.

CAMiller
28-01-2022, 04:36 PM
Agreed...
I remember the outcry when we signed Smudge.

I remember the outcry when we signed <insert name of any player we've ever signed> XD

Townerslovechild
28-01-2022, 04:40 PM
I remember the outcry when we signed <insert name of any player we've ever signed> XD

Cam,so true....Mark Robins...too old,Le Fondre....too short,....Richard Wood...Too Wednesday,Andy Warrington....Too bald,Ben Pringle...Too ginger,etc,etc.

Grist_To_The_Mill
28-01-2022, 04:48 PM
On Kelly,he`s a big lad,6ft 2,and strong,two footed,loves a header,and great strike rate in Irish Prem,not sure how that equates to England,but I`m guessing similar to league 1.
Looks a similar player to Smith in style and build,so maybe a replacement for him(Hope not),but I could see him playing along side Smith,that would scare the sh*t out of championship defences.
A bit of gamble,but he won`t cost a fee,and who had heard of Smith before he came.

I think it equates to bottom end of league 2

But that doesn't matter if he has potential to be better.

He will only improve if he gets pitch time, which will need our management team to be brave. Which in my opinion is a quality they lack.

If Sadlier is judged surplus to requirements then Kelly has to be the new Vardy

millertop
28-01-2022, 05:00 PM

True I’m I sure he’ll prove me wrong
I’ve always like Smith and be very disappointed if he was to leave but not much we can do about it unless we offer what he wants or his agent who always get in way

Townerslovechild
28-01-2022, 05:01 PM
Grist,is Irish Prem really as bad as English non league ? Not sure about that,and what evidence have you got that the management are`nt `Brave `?

gru
28-01-2022, 05:02 PM
I think it equates to bottom end of league 2

But that doesn't matter if he has potential to be better.

He will only improve if he gets pitch time, which will need our management team to be brave. Which in my opinion is a quality they lack.

If Sadlier is judged surplus to requirements then Kelly has to be the new Vardy

Agree with pitch time Angus needs that. Sadlier can't be compared with Vardy! Just make Kelly deal officially confirmed.

rolymiller
28-01-2022, 05:06 PM
Ben Pankovics
@BPanko1990
·
20m
Player to sign on loan from arsenal next week! #rufc

millertop
28-01-2022, 05:09 PM
Ben Pankovics
@BPanko1990
·
20m

He was the one that mentioned Sadlier going to Bolton (500k) so could be right again

avondalemiller
28-01-2022, 05:12 PM
I think Georgie boy will need some steak down him to et him ready for PW training tactics.

The Irish league is behind our equivalent league. He's shown his natural ability to score so we just have to coach him to get in to the space. The pace will probably do him until he's "up to speed" with us, so maybe using him off the bench. Time is the problem now.
He'll certainly wonder whats hit him in training with us, but he's a young hungry lad..........good luck.

Archiemiller
28-01-2022, 05:22 PM

Ive only been excited about one player we have signed in last 10yr, Matt Derbyshire absolute quality, how on earth SE got him i will never no. But whoever we sign always gets my support to start with. UTM

Grist_To_The_Mill
28-01-2022, 05:28 PM
Agree with pitch time Angus needs that. Sadlier can't be compared with Vardy! Just make Kelly deal officially confirmed.

I was comparing Kelly with Vardy.

He needs time on the pitch to prove his worth.

Are Warne and Barker brave enough?

Time will tell

Grist_To_The_Mill
28-01-2022, 05:29 PM
He was the one that mentioned Sadlier going to Bolton (500k) so could be right again

500k?

Pesos?

rolymiller
28-01-2022, 05:30 PM
EFLTransfers
@EFLTransfers14
Bolton, Rotherham & Peterborough are interested in signing Accrington Stanley midfielder Matt Butcher. #bwfc #rufc #pufc

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 06:01 PM
Am I right in thinking the Kelly deal is only for 6 month?

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 06:02 PM
Ben Pankovics
@BPanko1990
·
20m

Striker

rolymiller
28-01-2022, 06:04 PM
Georgie Porge signs its official on os

millertop
28-01-2022, 06:10 PM
Three and half year deal

Welcome on board and please prove me wrong (with a contract like that someone must think he’s good)

CAMiller
28-01-2022, 06:11 PM
Am I right in thinking the Kelly deal is only for 6 month?

3.5 years

rolymiller
28-01-2022, 06:11 PM
Three and half year deal

Welcome on board and please prove me wrong (with a contract like that someone must think he’s good)

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/new-rotherham-united-signing-georgie-kelly-is-a-warrior-says-paul-warne-3546805

ragingpup
28-01-2022, 06:12 PM
Welcome Georgie. Good luck lad

CAMiller
28-01-2022, 06:13 PM
I'm going to predict that he won't score less goals than our previous Georgie.

uttis
28-01-2022, 06:20 PM
Anyone got any info on who the Arsenal player is Aubameyang perhaps? 😀 Him and Freddie could compare egos

great_fire
28-01-2022, 06:22 PM
Same agent as Ronaldo according to this, that can't be right can it?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/georgie-kelly/profil/spieler/363881

rolymiller
28-01-2022, 06:43 PM
Dont expect to see him in a millers shirt for 3 or 4 weeks , Warne said on dee dar it could take a while to get him up to speed not played for ages. Also got an injury atm.

Slimchance
28-01-2022, 06:46 PM
I hope this is the key to promotion and staying in the championship.

UTM

gru
28-01-2022, 06:47 PM
Georgie I'm a fan straight away! Get him involved quick. Time is pts!

rolymiller
28-01-2022, 06:50 PM
https://twitter.com/adam3oxley/status/1487123399801458692

Sounds like warne is gearing him more up for next season than this. Gone is the time we sign a player and put him straight in the first team.

GlennMiller
28-01-2022, 07:01 PM
If Ned proves himself on the training ground, Warnie will have him in the squad tout suite. We need refreshing up front and he could be the answer!

Townerslovechild
28-01-2022, 07:02 PM
Got a good feeling about this lad,I reckon we`ll see him on the bench in a couple of weeks at Hillsborough,comes on and scores winner on his debut....BOOM instant cult hero.
Welcome Georgie.

Masbroughstreet
28-01-2022, 07:13 PM
Georgie I'm a fan straight away! Get him involved quick. Time is pts!

Oh dear, that’s bad news with your track record.

rolymiller
28-01-2022, 07:15 PM
A few sour grapes from plymouth fans

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/georgie-kelly-signs-for-rotherham.117213/page-9

Godsend.F.C.
28-01-2022, 07:42 PM
Ben Pankovics
@BPanko1990
·
20m

Striker

Why a striker caytonmiller ? Arsenal have several youngsters available for loan deals this window.
Could well be a midfielder, Ben Cottrell ? left side midfield, James Olyinka another midfielder., Omar Rekik, cb who Portsmouth manager was reported as interested in signing him. Take year pick.

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 07:46 PM
Why a striker caytonmiller ? Arsenal have several youngsters available for loan deals this window.
Could well be a midfielder, Ben Cottrell ? left side midfield, James Olyinka another midfielder., Omar Rekik, cb who Portsmouth manager was reported as interested in signing him. Take year pick.

Cos the report I read said striker. Though I was told on Tuesday it was a midfielder/wide man from a prem club

caytonmiller
28-01-2022, 07:57 PM
3.5 years
The report I was reading as tarted with Kelly then switched to the arsenal loan. As I read it it said Kelly deal for 6 month. Thought it a bit stranger when reading

clarkey1974
28-01-2022, 08:01 PM
Oh dear, that’s bad news with your track record.

True ,but It’s one of the very few occasions I sincerely hope gru can actually turn round and say I told you so..!.

Brin
28-01-2022, 08:05 PM
Is it too late to back him as highest goal scorer in the league? Sure this lad is going to be a winner for us!

Karl998yr
28-01-2022, 08:07 PM
I've read he is a footballing unicorn and he is equally as good with both feet.
Not too many of those around

CAMiller
28-01-2022, 08:17 PM

Punctures a lot of balls going for headers though! XD

clarkey1974
28-01-2022, 08:22 PM

The Irish unicorn……sounds familiar-(ish)..!.

Beaufighter
28-01-2022, 08:28 PM
I see the Yorkshire Post says that one of the clubs in for him was Sparta Rotterdam. Hope Georgie isn’t dyslexic and is in for a disappointment.

Brin
28-01-2022, 08:29 PM
Punctures a lot of balls going for headers though! XD

XD

Masbroughstreet
28-01-2022, 08:43 PM
True ,but It’s one of the very few occasions I sincerely hope gru can actually turn round and say I told you so..!.

Me too, to be fair he’s due one. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

mygiddypant
28-01-2022, 11:22 PM
I used to have a girlfriend from Wath called Kelly. Wonder if they are related?

MillersTime
28-01-2022, 11:51 PM
Welcome Georgie. Absolute unknown quantity with regards to playing at this level but that length of contract means someone fancies him. Fingers crossed we see him in the first team soon!

Ericsladkilnhurst
28-01-2022, 11:54 PM
I used to have a girlfriend from Wath called Kelly. Wonder if they are related?

Hope tha didn't make her a mother, so she could sit on her door step. XD

clarkey1974
28-01-2022, 11:56 PM

Good one..😜

caytonmiller
29-01-2022, 01:04 AM
Anyone see the post on the Plymouth forum. It mentioned freddie going to sheff u.
Didn't think owt of it except bull shime. Though stranger things have happened

Brin
29-01-2022, 01:35 AM
Anyone see the post on the Plymouth forum. It mentioned freddie going to sheff u.
Didn't think owt of it except bull shime. Though stranger things have happened

In all honesty Smudge suits their style of play down to a tee.

Wouldn’t be be surprised at all at him going there if anywhere.

Derbymiller
29-01-2022, 11:40 AM
It is a very good signing however it isn't a signing for this season, it could be march before he gets a start. For me this is a replacement for Smith, I suspect they expect Smith to leave in the summer at the end of his contract, he certainly will if we are not in the Championship. I hope our recruitment isn't finished in this window

mygiddypant
29-01-2022, 11:51 AM

Lol. Nah, that was back in the day, before s-e-x was invented.

Grist_To_The_Mill
29-01-2022, 12:52 PM
It is a very good signing however it isn't a signing for this season, it could be march before he gets a start. For me this is a replacement for Smith, I suspect they expect Smith to leave in the summer at the end of his contract, he certainly will if we are not in the Championship. I hope our recruitment isn't finished in this window

Yes, that's my view on matters also.

The three and a half year contract is a big risk for a club with our turnover and budget, hopefully it will reap dividends

clarkey1974
29-01-2022, 01:08 PM
Yes, that's my view on matters also.

The three and a half year contract is a big risk for a club with our turnover and budget, hopefully it will reap dividends

Well they are certainly backing their judgement…maybe the extra contract length was the carrot against other clubs getting him …also got factor in the hope of him settling over here..insert purrington here….I suppose there is always the tear up option but even that’s not without cost….our last foray down the long contract route didn’t work out too well insert palmer here..so it’s not without jeopardy..

Grist_To_The_Mill
29-01-2022, 01:15 PM
Well they are certainly backing their judgement…maybe the extra contract length was the carrot against other clubs getting him …also got factor in the hope of him settling over here..insert purrington here….I suppose there is always the tear up option but even that’s not without cost….our last foray down the long contract route didn’t work out too well insert palmer here..so it’s not without jeopardy..

Yes and the contract is way longer than most managers last in their jobs

gru
29-01-2022, 06:09 PM
Warney doesn't say anything about Georgie being injured just lack of match sharpness. He's 25 age so shouldn't take him long to get up to speed. By sound of it we need someone up front with Smudger!

avondalemiller
29-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Warney doesn't say anything about Georgie being injured just lack of match sharpness. He's 25 age so shouldn't take him long to get up to speed. By sound of it we need someone up front with Smudger!

He's gone back to Ireland, he also said yesterday that he's got to finish his Masters.(maybe online?).

I think we'll see him a couple of times off the bench sooner than we think.....all down to how he looks in training.

thaimillerfan
29-01-2022, 07:18 PM
He's gone back to Ireland, he also said yesterday that he's got to finish his Masters.(maybe online?).

I think we'll see him a couple of times off the bench sooner than we think.....all down to how he looks in training.

https://youtu.be/ZcrHkyXBGiM

gm_gm
29-01-2022, 07:26 PM
https://youtu.be/ZcrHkyXBGiM

Got a good feeling about this feeling Mick

millertop
03-02-2022, 05:00 PM
Hopefully won’t be long before we see him in a league game

Paul Davis
@paulm_davis
·
2h
#rufc new boy Georgie Kelly has scored twice in a practice match this morning. "He looked really good," says boss Paul Warne. Warne's son, Mack, set up the first one (a Kelly header)!

mellowmiller
03-02-2022, 05:14 PM
Got a good feeling about this feeling Mick

Que? 😉

millertop
28-10-2022, 07:40 AM
The Championship Chat Podcast
@Champchatpod24
·
14h

No player in the Championship so far this season has scored more goals (three) as a substitute than Rotherham United striker Georgie Kelly!

Grist_To_The_Mill
28-10-2022, 10:31 AM
The Championship Chat Podcast
@Champchatpod24
·
14h

No player in the Championship so far this season has scored more goals (three) as a substitute than Rotherham United striker Georgie Kelly!

Maybe that's because other teams start the match with their best striker on the pitch.