PDA

View Full Version : WBA / Sunlan go for Warney???

vespabri
02-02-2022, 02:47 PM
Surely he's got to have been mentioned at other clubs looking for a manager & I can't imagine he's not on their list either.
Fingers crossed it won't happen for a good few yrs though..
Woody has got to be thought of as a replacement aswell...
Really respected by everyone and I THINK he's taking his badges, could be wrong though.

MillersTime
02-02-2022, 02:55 PM
Nah, he won't be on the radar for either of those imo.

Ericsladkilnhurst
02-02-2022, 03:13 PM
Chris Hughton would be a good fit for West Brom, he is interested in the
managers job, with the Ghana national team.

Brin
02-02-2022, 03:28 PM
Bri, thing is with either WBA/S'land they will want instant results and look how long and patient it's taken Warney to mould and build a side like he has this season.

There's the other side to it also where Warney only likes nice hoomans. Imagine him having to deal with the likes of some players from the teams mentioned. Somehow I don't think he'd cope as he has a set platform he likes and no 'boat rockers' would be in his good books.

I don't care if he stays as our Manager for years to come and it's a yo-yo ride. We are a small family club and one not in dire money trouble like most out there. Think Warney likes it that way also.

BramleyMiller58
02-02-2022, 03:36 PM
Bri, thing is with either WBA/S'land they will want instant results and look how long and patient it's taken Warney to mould and build a side like he has this season.

There's the other side to it also where Warney only likes nice hoomans. Imagine him having to deal with the likes of some players from the teams mentioned. Somehow I don't think he'd cope as he has a set platform he likes and no 'boat rockers' would be in his good books.

I don't care if he stays as our Manager for years to come and it's a yo-yo ride. We are a small family club and one not in dire money trouble like most out there. Think Warney likes it that way also.

One of them has Uncle Colin written all over it !

uttis
02-02-2022, 03:50 PM
McCanns got the Sunderland gig?

Brin
02-02-2022, 03:59 PM
One of them has Uncle Colin written all over it !

Colin to Sunderland me thinks

Ericsladkilnhurst
02-02-2022, 04:02 PM

McCanns the bookies favourite, but no appointment yet.

BramleyMiller58
02-02-2022, 04:21 PM
Steve Bruce for the Baggies ?

clarkey1974
02-02-2022, 04:27 PM
Steve Bruce for the Baggies ?

I would say that’s a fair chance..

clarkey1974
02-02-2022, 04:29 PM

That would be good as it might take players about 3 weeks to understand him…

welovebooth
02-02-2022, 05:22 PM
Warnovk has said he would do the job until the end off the season.

I'm surprised Preston didn't go got warney after appointing the Plymouth ex manager

Lolmorgan
02-02-2022, 05:43 PM
Warnovk has said he would do the job until the end off the season.

I'm surprised Preston didn't go got warney after appointingo the Plymouth ex manager

I’m surprised Plymouth didn’t go for Warnock doesn’t he live down there.

gru
02-02-2022, 05:50 PM
No side with any ambition will want Warney. Into his sixth year managing here he'd have been gone by now otherwise.

CAMiller
02-02-2022, 05:52 PM
As I've mentioned before (I think I've caught something from Gru XD), it's about time the PL/EFL decreed that approaches to managers already in a job is not allowed outside the transfer windows. Anyone firing/looking for a manager outside the window is limited to hiring a new one from those already out of work or they have to wait until the next window opens. This will prevent situations where a club like Sunderland could throw a spanner in the works of any of their promotion rivals by 'suggesting' an approach for their manager.

Geetarman
02-02-2022, 05:57 PM
No side with any ambition will want Warney. Into his sixth year managing here he'd have been gone by now otherwise.

Keep trying gru. I notice that you you gave no credit to the Millers who steamrollered Donny last night. Of course, as per usual, Donny didn't turn up so therefore the Millers won convincingly last night.

mellowmiller
02-02-2022, 06:30 PM

Pathetic doesn't begin to describe you ☹️

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-02-2022, 07:32 PM
It is rather surprising though that a manager like Warne with such a good track record hasn’t been poached.

Maybe he has had offers and it’s just that we’ve not been told about them

Brin
02-02-2022, 07:38 PM

We want him...and look where we are currently XD

Townerslovechild
02-02-2022, 08:18 PM

Gru,you really are a tit,if we get promoted this season,maybe even champions,what will you say to then justify your weird hatred of the manager ?
This would be his 3rd promotion,in a season with a record breaking run thrown in,and maybe even a trip to Wembley for good measure,ever thought you might be wrong about something ?

Brin
02-02-2022, 08:20 PM
As I've mentioned before (I think I've caught something from Gru XD), it's about time the PL/EFL decreed that approaches to managers already in a job is not allowed outside the transfer windows. Anyone firing/looking for a manager outside the window is limited to hiring a new one from those already out of work or they have to wait until the next window opens. This will prevent situations where a club like Sunderland could throw a spanner in the works of any of their promotion rivals by 'suggesting' an approach for their manager.

Again I will say it's a brilliant idea but some Chairmen may actually want to offload their Manager during a season so it's a win win for them. You're right though so HANDS OFF WARNEY !!

Brin
02-02-2022, 08:21 PM
Gru,you really are a tit,if we get promoted this season,maybe even champions,what will you say to then justify your weird hatred of the manager ?
This would be his 3rd promotion,in a season with a record breaking run thrown in,and maybe even a trip to Wembley for good measure,ever thought you might be wrong about something ?

I know he's wrong when he's betting on horses....can't even beat a novice like me at it.

CAMiller
02-02-2022, 08:27 PM
Again I will say it's a brilliant idea but some Chairmen may actually want to offload their Manager during a season so it's a win win for them. You're right though so HANDS OFF WARNEY !!

I'm not saying you can't fire your manager. Just that you can't poach someone else's as a replacement.

Geetarman
02-02-2022, 08:29 PM
I know he's wrong when he's betting on horses....can't even beat a novice like me at it.

gru misses a basic rule in life. When in a hole, stop digging.

Brin
02-02-2022, 08:29 PM
gru misses a basic rule in life. When in a hole, stop digging.

With both hands....at his rate.

The Hillsborough Miller
03-02-2022, 06:51 AM
He cant help himself

Scum-Triumphant
03-02-2022, 06:56 AM
To be fair I don’t agree with Gru on this as I think clubs want quick fixes when they sack a manager and Warne doesn’t fit that. He is also still very much in the middle of his job here.

But.

It seems everyone else is quick to call him an idiot or a tit rather than challenge his opinion this time.

At least he hasn’t repeated it over and over yet.

He’s not mentioned the dug out so maybe he is learning after all.

There’s plenty of people to say Warne should be replaced when we are not doing well. I think Gru is wrong but he is consistent.

Grumpy King of the West
03-02-2022, 07:06 AM
One of the reasons Warne has been off the radar in the past has been that he didn't have an agent (you know what agents are like).

Warne got himself his first agent (as a manager) in the summer just gone.

Just to add, there was no sinister intent on him getting said agent. He just got on with him really well (they clicked) during the Oddofin negotiations.

Townerslovechild
03-02-2022, 08:28 AM
There are many forward thinking club's that would love Warne as their manager, but his style won't suit everyone, sometimes decent people do prosper.

Jimmy Badfellow
03-02-2022, 12:03 PM
One thing to remember regarding Warne is that not only is he into his sixth year of management but there are so many other years where he was fitness coach. In fact how many years has he been continuously under the employment of RUFC? It would be a big jolt/gamble to leave.

Masbroughstreet
03-02-2022, 12:15 PM
In fact how many years has he been continuously under the employment of RUFC? It would be a big jolt/gamble to leave.

He came back in 2009 and has been here since. Initially here from 1999 to 2005.