PDA

View Full Version : Oxford v Portsmouth

MILLERSTALE
07-02-2022, 10:19 AM
Bit of a humdinger !
Portsmouth leading late on before two long distance late strikes by Oxford stole the points ?

I said “stole the points” but Oxford had 76% possession and 28 shots on goal compared to three shots by Portsmouth ? So a very one sided game with Portsmouth seemingly under immense pressure resulting in them collecting 7 yellows and 1 red card, that must be a fine coming up ??
By the way Robertson only came on after 60 minutes, is he injured again or just pacing himself to get through games ?

Ps our 7 point cushion to MK Dons is looking very formidable now

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-02-2022, 02:35 PM
Bit of a humdinger !
Portsmouth leading late on before two long distance late strikes by Oxford stole the points ?

I said “stole the points” but Oxford had 76% possession and 28 shots on goal compared to three shots by Portsmouth ? So a very one sided game with Portsmouth seemingly under immense pressure resulting in them collecting 7 yellows and 1 red card, that must be a fine coming up ??
By the way Robertson only came on after 60 minutes, is he injured again or just pacing himself to get through games ?

Ps our 7 point cushion to MK Dons is looking very formidable now

Football Association to launch a investigation into the game.
A total of 11 players booked, plus Portsmouth player Joe Morrell sent off, by referee Samuel Barrott.
The second half delayed, due to a " medical incident " in the tunnel area, later claimed a member
of Oxford United backroom staff, had to receive hospital treatment, after falling & banging his head.

Portsmouth can expect to be fined £2,500 in recognition of having 7 players booked in their 3-2
defeat, with 4 yellow cards for Oxford united.

flourbasher
07-02-2022, 03:46 PM
Quest showed one incident with Hirst Junior leading with his elbow onto the bonce of an OUFC player.
Ref gave him slapped legs

millertop
07-02-2022, 04:05 PM
So it’s not just fans that are idiots?

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-02-2022, 04:19 PM
Wonder what happened in the tunnel, with someone requiring hospital treatment,
don't think they tripped over sponge bucket. :P

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-02-2022, 04:21 PM
Football Association to launch a investigation into the game.
A total of 11 players booked, plus Portsmouth player Joe Morrell sent off, by referee Samuel Barrott.
The second half delayed, due to a " medical incident " in the tunnel area, later claimed a member
of Oxford United backroom staff, had to receive hospital treatment, after falling & banging his head.

Portsmouth can expect to be fined £2,500 in recognition of having 7 players booked in their 3-2
defeat, with 4 yellow cards for Oxford united.

Shouldn't the 7 players of Portsmouth, who were booked, pay the £2,500 fine between them.

Ericsladkilnhurst
08-02-2022, 06:57 PM
Portsmouth appeal against Joe Morrell red card in the game, has been lost,
so the player will serve a 3 match ban.

Ericsladkilnhurst
08-02-2022, 11:20 PM
Wonder what happened in the tunnel, with someone requiring hospital treatment,
don't think they tripped over sponge bucket. :P

Thames Valley police have launched a investigation into the ' Incident in the Tunnel '.
After a Oxford United volunteer kit man, fell hurting his head, which required hospital treatment.

CAMiller
08-02-2022, 11:48 PM
Portsmouth appeal against Joe Morrell red card in the game, has been lost,
so the player will serve a 3 match ban.

I thought 3 became 4 if you appealed and lost or is that discretionary and only to be used against teams with a R O T H E R H A and M in their name XD

clarkey1974
09-02-2022, 09:55 AM
I thought 3 became 4 if you appealed and lost or is that discretionary and only to be used against teams with a R O T H E R H A and M in their name XD

I think that’s the case if was deemed to be Frivolous…