PDA

View Full Version : Diet Huns V Jim waiting for his first Goodwin for the dons match thread

blowupsheep
28-02-2022, 07:36 AM
Big game coming up Wednesday night.

In / oot - Oot as usual
Furry boots - too late for me so in ma scratcher
Pre - grafting
Post - sleeping

Prediction - 0-0 at the very best

donsdaft
28-02-2022, 08:01 AM
1-1

It's what we do.

RED_JOHN
28-02-2022, 08:39 AM
We will score if we get a penalty. We might well scrape a draw (1-1).

Bisconti's balls
01-03-2022, 09:57 AM
In / oot - 100% out
Furry boots - timbuktu
Pre - pumping
Post - pumping

Prediction - 0-0 or 1-0.

57vintage
01-03-2022, 11:34 AM
Pre - pumping
Post - pumping

Just another Westhill spouse-swap soirée then?

I hope you get access to a fanny this time rather than be left with the Cortina keys again.

Shetland Don
01-03-2022, 02:19 PM
In / oot - 100% out
Furry boots - timbuktu
Pre - pumping
Post - pumping

Prediction - 0-0 or 1-0.

If your bike tyres are going down after 90 minutes I’d suggest that it’s likely to be a slow puncture, unless I’m missing something. Squirt some of that tyre weld in to fill the gap. Works a treat!

Hairdrier
01-03-2022, 06:36 PM
Can see another draw against Hertz. I guess the first thing Goodwin needs to do is steady the ship and that starts with improving the defending.

57vintage
01-03-2022, 07:48 PM
Can see another draw against Hertz. I guess the first thing Goodwin needs to do is steady the ship and that starts with improving the defending.

From the evidence of Saturday, and his comments about Bates and Gallagher having to be old-fashioned get-rid centre halves, Goodwin’s already ditched Glass’s ****-about-at-the-back-to-no-advantage experiment, and even Lewis was kicking long rather than attempting to start moves from the back with players unsuited to the task. Quite how that will pan out once he assembles his own squad remains to be seen, but his early comments about athleticism, character and spirit, whilst an uplift from the Glass era’s insipid capitulation, also mentioned something along the lines of ‘and if they have skills, all the better’ are slightly concerning. Sounds a bit St Perth/Jute/Masons/Motherwell to me. I hope to **** not, like.

donsdaft
01-03-2022, 07:58 PM
That’s my worry.

I hear Alfie McIntoshes instructions of “If in doubt, boot it out”

Further tactical information pointed out that booting it two pitches away at Hazelhead took the pressure off the defence.

GASC1980
01-03-2022, 10:21 PM
In / oot - In
Furry boots - Front section
Pre - pints on the way down Dalry road somewhere
Post - quick pint then train home

Prediction - Anither draaw

Bisconti's balls
02-03-2022, 09:37 AM
Just another Westhill spouse-swap soirée then?

I hope you get access to a fanny this time rather than be left with the Cortina keys again.

I'd tear her tory twaaat apart. Let's known she despises sturgeon but then is seen licking her ass.

pieandbovrilman
02-03-2022, 01:59 PM
Oot

Working

It would be good for Goodwin to get a good win for his first good win ………draaaaaa.

PittodriePile
02-03-2022, 02:18 PM
In / Oot - Oot
Furry boots - Hesgoal
Pre - work
Post - bed
Prediction - Worried about what kind of squad we have, don't think we have any full backs left after last weekend. Jambos win I think.

Br0chred
02-03-2022, 05:58 PM
Feel pretty much the same as you PP
In / Oot - Oot as usual
Furry boots - Hesgoal or Red tV
Pre - dinna ken
Post - dinna ken
Prediction - Worried about what kind of squad we have, don't think we have any full backs left after last weekend. Jambos win I think. I was confident about beating the pjms so will temper that unusual optimism 2-1 defeat

Bisconti's balls
02-03-2022, 06:08 PM
If your bike tyres are going down after 90 minutes I’d suggest that it’s likely to be a slow puncture, unless I’m missing something. Squirt some of that tyre weld in to fill the gap. Works a treat!

Don't follow Shetland min

57vintage
02-03-2022, 06:28 PM
The good news is that the manager has a personalised tracksuit top at last, evidenced on the Grampian TV news. Times are tight, of course, so it might be that Jim Warrender has had to dig out Jim George’s old kit from the depths of Teddy’s room to ensure the gaffer is suitably clad.

Jormungand
02-03-2022, 08:18 PM
Why was that goal cancelled? Screen was freezing at the time.

donsdaft
02-03-2022, 08:23 PM
No reason

Maybe it was because the ref knew that your screen had frozen.

57vintage
02-03-2022, 08:26 PM
****ing hun *******.

NaeMairNeeps
02-03-2022, 08:28 PM
Sh!te ... :(

Jormungand
02-03-2022, 08:29 PM
Replay didna seem to show an infringement.

Oh well. Better respond by letting that porcupine-looking mutant score against us.

Br0chred
02-03-2022, 08:29 PM
Why was that goal cancelled? Screen was freezing at the time.

I think the fact that Steven McLean is the BITB will have something to do with it

57vintage
02-03-2022, 08:32 PM
Since the hun **** has signed a pre-contract with the hun ****s, does the goal get added to the hun ****s’ score tonight too? The ****ing hun ****s of ****ville, **** city, the state of those ****s.

donsdaft
02-03-2022, 08:43 PM
That's us doon to 10th as it stands.

Keep that 9 point gap in place Aberdeen.

ByeByeScum2012
02-03-2022, 08:51 PM
That's us doon to 10th as it stands.

Keep that 9 point gap in place Aberdeen.

Relegation play off v Kilmarnock anyone?

donsdaft
02-03-2022, 08:53 PM
That’s something I’d rather avoid.

Red Zone
02-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Relegation play off v Kilmarnock anyone?

Even if we lost every game left this season, which we won't, I have significant doubts that either St Johnston or Dundee will pick up as much as 9 points from their remaining games

ByeByeScum2012
02-03-2022, 08:59 PM
Even if we lost every game left this season, which we won't, I have significant doubts that either St Johnston or Dundee will pick up as much as 9 points from their remaining games

Two of Dundee’s games are against us so that would be 6 for a start!

Red Zone
02-03-2022, 09:03 PM
Two of Dundee’s games are against us so that would be 6 for a start!

Relax, We're nae losing twice to Dundee

donsdaft
02-03-2022, 09:03 PM
We don’t have a centre of defence
Get rid in the summer

57vintage
02-03-2022, 09:04 PM
There goes the capitulation then.

ByeByeScum2012
02-03-2022, 09:05 PM
Relax, We're nae losing twice to Dundee

I don’t think we will. Just pointing out the problem if we did.

NaeMairNeeps
02-03-2022, 09:05 PM
Fk saaaaake! :(

Jupiter
02-03-2022, 09:08 PM
No new manager bounce for us

Red Zone
02-03-2022, 09:10 PM
I don’t think we will. Just pointing out the problem if we did.

Fair point. 7 of our last 8 games against bottom six teams, we will scramble enough draws to stay up

ByeByeScum2012
02-03-2022, 09:11 PM

Even Fergie would struggle to get a win when we have Ojo, Gallagher, Bates and McLennan on the park

57vintage
02-03-2022, 09:13 PM

His appointment didn’t excite me. His comments about his preferred type of player and style of play since have made me uncomfortable.

The past 12 months decision-making by Cormack may be called into question (PENALTY!!) by the end of the season, and where Goodwin decides to take us.

FFS Ferguson.

Jormungand
02-03-2022, 09:14 PM
Nae really going our way, eh?

NaeMairNeeps
02-03-2022, 09:14 PM
Penalty!! for the good guys

NaeMairNeeps
02-03-2022, 09:15 PM
Fkn Hell!!! :(

erchieplum
02-03-2022, 09:26 PM
We are actually regressing
Poor poor stuff

ByeByeScum2012
02-03-2022, 09:30 PM
We are actually regressing
Poor poor stuff

We just need to get to the end of the season, stay up, and rebuild (again!).

At least bottom 6 may allow an airing of my favourite 1995 song.

We’re sh!t but we’re staying up!

erchieplum
02-03-2022, 09:33 PM
We just need to get to the end of the season, stay up, and rebuild (again!).

At least bottom 6 may allow an airing of my favourite 1995 song.

We’re sh!t but we’re staying up!
I worry about our ability to really battle in a relegation fight against teams and players who have done it all before

NaeMairNeeps
02-03-2022, 09:43 PM
Ach, still only 4 points aff 4th Place ;)

57vintage
02-03-2022, 09:50 PM
Ach, still only 4 points aff 4th Place ;)

Five. That ****ing brute Edwards scored an og to put Livingston (aye, those ****ing anti-fitba beasts of the field) into fourth.

What a ****ing state the game’s in when poisonous dreck like that tower above us. And from Goodwin’s comments so far, I think he sees a necessity for us to play the same way.

ByeByeScum2012
02-03-2022, 09:56 PM
Five. That ****ing brute Edwards scored an og to put Livingston (aye, those ****ing anti-fitba beasts of the field) into fourth.

What a ****ing state the game’s in when poisonous dreck like that tower above us. And from Goodwin’s comments so far, I think he sees a necessity for us to play the same way.

After 29 games we are below Ross County, Livingston and St Mirren. 29 phuckin games. We truly are sh!te at the moment, and have been for at least 3 years

donsdaft
02-03-2022, 10:00 PM

Aye, it worries me too.
What are St Mirren with more money?
Hearts

I don’t want Aberdeen to be another Hearts

Bisconti's balls
02-03-2022, 10:02 PM
We were no where near as bad 2 years ago. Cormack is fully to blame for it all, and imagine after all that crap he said last April/may as well.. he's a total fraud.

57vintage
02-03-2022, 10:07 PM
After 29 games we are below Ross County, Livingston and St Mirren. 29 phuckin games. We truly are sh!te at the moment, and have been for at least 3 years

Indeed, but our league position since 2012-13 until now hasn’t been bottom 6 until Cormack’s Grand Experiment blew up in his face. Glass took us out of both cups, the first by thinking he was smart enough to drop half a team, and has landed us where we are in the league. One wonders why.

57vintage
02-03-2022, 10:08 PM
We were no where near as bad 2 years ago. Cormack is fully to blame for it all, and imagine after all that crap he said last April/may as well.. he's a total fraud.

For once, we agree.

Bisconti's balls
02-03-2022, 10:30 PM
For once, we agree.

I'm glad

donsdaft
02-03-2022, 10:49 PM
Challenger Brand

LED
02-03-2022, 10:54 PM
That was the worst performance of the season. Totally embarrassing. Since when did we start marking zonal at corner kicks? The six tasked with marking zonal were flat footed. God knows why ojo was in the middle. All four of our defenders can't pass a ball forward and lewis can't kick. Goodwin will need slot of cash to get us out of this mess and I'm still not convinced we won't be lower than 10th by the end of the season.

Bisconti's balls
02-03-2022, 11:00 PM
Challenger Brand
Cormack brand of lies & skulduggery 😆

donsdaft
02-03-2022, 11:51 PM
Aye, it worries me too.
What are St Mirren with more money?
Hearts

I don’t want Aberdeen to be another Hearts

Bloody hell, I watch the highlights and there’s bloody Goodwin saying he wants to be like Hearts.

blowupsheep
03-03-2022, 03:44 AM

That right there says it all really, we are where we are because that is where we actually deserve to be, thanks mainly to the fraud of a chairman, his ego is destroying our club and he really needs to fk off.
fkn woeful,

57vintage
03-03-2022, 05:02 AM
Bloody hell, I watch the highlights and there’s bloody Goodwin saying he wants to be like Hearts.

I haven’t seen it, but that only seems to reinforce his concerning comments so far about the type of player he wants to recruit, and his preferred style of play. Now, I know **** all about who’s who, and where, beyond the leagues that Aberdeen and Keith play in, but Goodwin was an obvious and possibly lazy choice to replace a young man put in a position he should never have been in. I want Goodwin to succeed, and do wish him well. Our being difficult to beat should be a given, but echoes of Jock Wallace from him are a concern this early in the boy’s tenure.

With times being tough economically, and with far worse to come, laying out the thick end of €500 this summer to watch us play like the Masons, Motherwell, Livingston, the Jutes, or St Perth will be difficult to justify.

neilthedon
03-03-2022, 09:36 AM
Well,........... I must be a happy clapper. There wasn't much difference between those two teams. Except confidence ?

Pretty sure Goodwin isn't planning to turn us into a team of cloggers. Just forums to reset before rebuilding by getting simpler and harder. Think of Fergies teams. Hard barstewards to a man. ( Well, except Strachan...and then maybe Hewitt, and ....oh aye ,Black...and Weir....!!)

But I reckon he wants FIT players first, and ones who won't get knocked about v Livi , Motherwell and Hearts. THEN you start thinking about playing to win . ( With players like Strachan, Weir &Hewitt)

Some of those players are already there. Conor Barron perhaps ?

And , amazingly , Considine coming back will also tighten things up , short term.

Four points from fourth is it ? Just need that first win.........COYR !!!

Bisconti's balls
03-03-2022, 10:10 AM
Well,........... I must be a happy clapper. There wasn't much difference between those two teams. Except confidence ?

Pretty sure Goodwin isn't planning to turn us into a team of cloggers. Just forums to reset before rebuilding by getting simpler and harder. Think of Fergies teams. Hard barstewards to a man. ( Well, except Strachan...and then maybe Hewitt, and ....oh aye ,Black...and Weir....!!)

But I reckon he wants FIT players first, and ones who won't get knocked about v Livi , Motherwell and Hearts. THEN you start thinking about playing to win . ( With players like Strachan, Weir &Hewitt)

Some of those players are already there. Conor Barron perhaps ?

And , amazingly , Considine coming back will also tighten things up , short term.

Four points from fourth is it ? Just need that first win.........COYR !!!

There wasn't much between the side's? 🤣🤣! Yup your a happy clapper..

The_Moog
03-03-2022, 10:37 AM
Well, that went entirely as I expected, even down to the final score.

Ok, we were denied a perfectly good goal by that utter cuunt McLean, but let’s be honest, Hearts would still have won. We were outfought, outthought and outplayed all over the park - yet again.

Absolutely no chance this mob get top six, they haven’t got the ability, or the minerals.

I’ll take 10th now thanks very much. Get this absolute clusterfuuck of a season done, have an absolutely epic clear out, reset and start again.

Good luck Jim, you’ve got a hell of a job on your hands son…

donsdaft
03-03-2022, 11:02 AM
It'll all seem a lot better after a win at Ibrox.

neilthedon
03-03-2022, 11:31 AM
There wasn't much between the side's? 🤣🤣! Yup your a happy clapper..

Yes I am. Otherwise I`d be a right miserable cnut all through life. And where`s the fun in that ?

Watched the whole game. And I stand by that. Hearts are little better, and could have been entirely beatable, but a team with no confidence doesn`t make their own breaks . And gets nothing back.

Despite a perfectly good goal ( ? ) being chalked off ? And what a time for Ferguson to miss his first penalty, eh ?

Only reason they are up there is due to every other team playing as badly as we are !!

Bisconti's balls
03-03-2022, 11:47 AM
Yes I am. Otherwise I`d be a right miserable cnut all through life. And where`s the fun in that ?

Watched the whole game. And I stand by that. Hearts are little better, and could have been entirely beatable, but a team with no confidence doesn`t make their own breaks . And gets nothing back.

Despite a perfectly good goal ( ? ) being chalked off ? And what a time for Ferguson to miss his first penalty, eh ?

Only reason they are up there is due to every other team playing as badly as we are !!

Fair enough, I let it affect my mood to easily. But its like we're being cheated by everyone! The board conmack and the players short changing us, infuriating.

neilthedon
03-03-2022, 12:00 PM
Fair enough, I let it affect my mood to easily. But its like we're being cheated by everyone! The board conmack and the players short changing us, infuriating.

Oh ayr. I get the rage and all that too . And certainly expect to be royally cheated on decisions next game. Brother Beaton and all that.

But ...... wait for it....." it`s only a game.......!!" There I said it . ( Given whats on the news these days . Ukraine etc )

Jings. I`d never have said that a few years ago. Auld Mannie noo .

Bisconti's balls
03-03-2022, 12:45 PM
I know seems like Ukraine & Russia been at each others throats for years though, it is just a game and i have to say I love it less overall than when I was younger. I try to deal we our terrible form & the last 2-3 years by seeing the Scottish game as a pure circus with clowns in charge in the sfa and the quality of our leauge. Is laughably poor.

PittodriePile
03-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Hearts are little better, and could have been entirely beatable

Yes, this is where I kind of agree. Hearts weren't as good as people are making out. Two goals from set pieces, defended abysmally by us. We were as bad as people are saying however. Although if our goal stands, it changes things completely. We were looking well organised at that point. I feel we could have done to Hearts what many a team has done to us at Pittodrie in recent years after going a goal up.

neilthedon
03-03-2022, 02:26 PM
Yes, this is where I kind of agree. Hearts weren't as good as people are making out. Two goals from set pieces, defended abysmally by us. We were as bad as people are saying however. Although if our goal stands, it changes things completely. We were looking well organised at that point. I feel we could have done to Hearts what many a team has done to us at Pittodrie in recent years after going a goal up.

Yup. There it is.

All the pundits keep saying it too. We should be doing better, given the good players we have ?

Of course, us lot don`t see the quality/potential. Just the errors. Aye , " We" fair rip into our players.

Goodwin could be an instant hero if he can sort this lot out !!!

( I`m expecting a fair torrent of " fit ye on min ?!! " from some folk on here. Ah well. Clappy clappy clappy .

donsdaft
03-03-2022, 03:04 PM
Well I can see the total lack of quality and potential in most of the team.

Kennedy for f’uck sake
Utter utter s’hite

irnbru1903
03-03-2022, 05:28 PM
Goodwin has an almighty job on his hands and it will not be with the majority of the current squad who simply lack the skill and conviction to play for Aberdeen. As someone has said there is no evidence of a new manager upsurge which really does point to this season ending in a butt puckering way. On current performances tenth would be a good achievement and I would likely take that now to avoid further weekly disappointment but unfortunately we will have to see the season out with a woeful bunch of underperformers who will struggle to gain more than 5 points which will have us precariously close to the bottom. I wish I could see the positives that a couple of posters refer to performance wise but we just look an unmotivated, disjointed mess. Worrying times.

Bisconti's balls
03-03-2022, 05:34 PM
Goodwin has an almighty job on his hands and it will not be with the majority of the current squad who simply lack the skill and conviction to play for Aberdeen. As someone has said there is no evidence of a new manager upsurge which really does point to this season ending in a butt puckering way. On current performances tenth would be a good achievement and I would likely take that now to avoid further weekly disappointment but unfortunately we will have to see the season out with a woeful bunch of underperformers who will struggle to gain more than 5 points which will have us precariously close to the bottom. I wish I could see the positives that a couple of posters refer to performance wise but we just look an unmotivated, disjointed mess. Worrying times.

These duds have got the last 2 managers the sack!! There truly awful! I would gladly bin about 9 of them in the Summer.

RED_JOHN
03-03-2022, 06:24 PM
Hearts were miles better than us and looked prepared…we looked spooked.