PDA

View Full Version : O/T The 7 quid gallon

Karl998yr
01-03-2022, 07:34 AM
Just filled up and it's almost £7 (£1.50.8 per litre) a gallon for diesel now and that's at one of the cheaper garages😱
The old saying of what goes up must come down doesn't seem to apply to the cost of fuel
It's was about 38p a litre when I first started driving back in 1993. I used to be able to fill my old metro up from empty for less than £20😭😭😭

millertop
01-03-2022, 08:34 AM
Just what I was expecting, they always manage to have an excuse, this time it’s Russia/Ukraine

BP who imo are always the first to find these excuses will be looking to rocket their prices now they’re getting rid of their 20% ? Share in the oil business

great_fire
01-03-2022, 08:49 AM
Isn't about 75% of it tax?

Maybe the government should cut it?

John2
01-03-2022, 10:07 AM
Just filled up and it's almost £7 (£1.50.8 per litre) a gallon for diesel now and that's at one of the cheaper garages��
The old saying of what goes up must come down doesn't seem to apply to the cost of fuel
It's was about 38p a litre when I first started driving back in 1993. I used to be able to fill my old metro up from empty for less than £20������

The renewable energy revolution that is just around the corner will bring prices way down.

It's a little like the transformation we saw with computers where processors kept getting faster and cheaper, the cost of renewables keeps falling, and battery technology will make some leaps in the next decade or so.

LincsMiller
01-03-2022, 11:11 AM
I remember the outcry, front page news when petrol hit the £1 per gallon mark in the early 70s

frogmiller
01-03-2022, 11:40 AM
The renewable energy revolution that is just around the corner will bring prices way down.

It's a little like the transformation we saw with computers where processors kept getting faster and cheaper, the cost of renewables keeps falling, and battery technology will make some leaps in the next decade or so.

Whilst watching a bit of news lately it was said that a massive 70% of the earths fossil reserves will be in the hands of crack pots within 3 decades.
Whether thats territorial or operational ownership and if true it does go to show the need to have alternatives.

1.76€ lt here for diesel today

harpo88
01-03-2022, 12:02 PM

Agreed completely John. Not all plain sailing though as a fair amount of the minerals needed for batteries etc are in China...Interesting to see if that planned lithium mine in Cornwall gets going.

caytonmiller
01-03-2022, 01:01 PM
I remember the protests when we hit £5 a gallon.

avondalemiller
02-03-2022, 12:00 AM
China has some sway on the battery component(Lithium) from the DRC in Africa. They invested heavy in their infastrucure in a deal to import it. Meanwhile we're more interested in about someone complaining in disturbing a Newt somewhere.

The government gets about £58B from Petrol sales and vat on it. Your green cars are going to pay for the privilage of the short fall, only fresh air is free at the moment.......enjoy it.

Ericsladkilnhurst
02-03-2022, 01:27 PM
Been to Morrison's today at Cortonwood, got 7p off a litre of fuel voucher last week,
valid while 6th March 2022, given on a spend of £40 or over.
Stopped giving the vouchers out now, we shopped in the store today.
I had just over half a tank of fuel, but thought might as well use the voucher -
Diesel £1.519 a litre, I put 33 litres in to fill tank, cost £50.13pence, used the
voucher cost me £47.82p, a reduction of £2.31p.

Archiemiller
02-03-2022, 03:21 PM
Ale is on average £24 a gallon and we piss that up against the wall, think about it.!!!!!