PDA

View Full Version : Accrington Stanley Manager John Colman : Banned & Fined

Ericsladkilnhurst
01-04-2022, 01:13 PM
Accrington Stanley manager John Colman, has been banned & fined.
John Colman has been banned from the touchline for one game, & fined
£1,000 following a breach of FA rule E3 during the Sky Bet League One
fixture against Gillingham, on Saturday 26th March 2022.
Colman admitted that his language towards the end of the game was abusive,
insulting, improper, he questioned the integrity of a match official, & he
accepted the standard penalty.

John Colman, other managers, & fans are all agreed the standard of refereeing
& other officials are well below par.
Time for club chairman plus their managers, to sign en-block to complain
about officials standards.

rolymiller
01-04-2022, 01:30 PM
Agree but can we all sign en block about the standard of Colemans anti football tactics as well...

Ronners
01-04-2022, 02:02 PM
Interesting about the standard of refereeing Elk, I've had a go about a few refs this season, but when I go on the other teams forum to see what they thought about the game, more often than not they think the ref was all for us so on that footing does that mean the ref had a decent game overall if both sets of fans are complaining about him?
I see players getting booked, and sometimes sent off, and not just ours,
just because they went for the ball and didnt get it, but I believe certain challenges now produce mandatory bookings, thus taking away a referees discretion as to whether he thought it warranted any sort of card at all. On the other hand players do know that if they make a tackle that could be seen as reckless it becomes a mandatory card, so in some ways certain rules can make a referee look bad when producing a card for a challenge that didnt really look that bad.
I played for a lot of years in local football and than went reffing for quite a few years when I finished playing and it's not easy, but even those referees in the premier league, supposedly our best refs and linesmen, regularly need VAR to get them out of a footballing dilemma, VAR which isn't available to the referees who do the games from the championship downwards.
My point is that I'm not sure that standards have declined, but maybe more to do with the game getting quicker, more players now cheating, and refs having to book players for innocuous tackles that make them look bad, or do most people think that decision making has actually just got worse? I personally think all refs in pro football need help from VAR and the sooner they get it the better it will be for the game. UTM

avondalemiller
01-04-2022, 10:37 PM
If he was complaining about the assault on his player for a 2nd pen then i think he was well in his rights to ask questions...........but the problem is that no one has to answer. THAT'S the bigger problem in todays game.

PS, the challenge was ridiculous, where was the Ref looking?

Ronners
02-04-2022, 06:22 AM
If he was complaining about the assault on his player for a 2nd pen then i think he was well in his rights to ask questions...........but the problem is that no one has to answer. THAT'S the bigger problem in todays game.

PS, the challenge was ridiculous, where was the Ref looking?

I agree with you avondale, I saw it on Quest so where was the referee looking?, that's a penalty all day. UTM

millertop
02-04-2022, 06:44 AM
I’d be banned for life XD

Seriously though it’s like a secret service where you can’t say anything about them and they don’t come out and explain some of their baffling (I’m being nice) decisions
If they explain then some fans might understand but how do you explain the cheating (some have been very questionable) part?

Personally I think I’ve been calmer this season so some of them must have improved or I’ve just accepted it

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-04-2022, 08:17 AM
I’d be banned for life XD

Seriously though it’s like a secret service where you can’t say anything about them and they don’t come out and explain some of their baffling (I’m being nice) decisions
If they explain then some fans might understand but how do you explain the cheating (some have been very questionable) part?

Personally I think I’ve been calmer this season so some of them must have improved or I’ve just accepted it

I'm still a fan of wiring up the refs so we can hear what they are saying to the players ( and vice versa)

Also to allow post match interviews with the ref.

It would be helpful if the FA enforce their existing rule about mobbing the ref and arguing.

Ronners
02-04-2022, 11:26 AM
I'm still a fan of wiring up the refs so we can hear what they are saying to the players ( and vice versa)

Also to allow post match interviews with the ref.

It would be helpful if the FA enforce their existing rule about mobbing the ref and arguing.

Wiring the refs up so you can hear what they are saying is a good shout Grist, it might also eliminate, to an extent, the mobbing and arguing with him as that would also be heard and players could then be handed bans, retrospectively, for swearing at the ref, if the ref didn't take any action at the time.......maybe that is why it will never happen as managers would go barmy at the powers that be. UTM