PDA

View Full Version : So it begins

footballfan123
03-04-2022, 09:59 AM
The start of a new week with a 3pm Saturday Derby at Tannadice at the end of the week.
Dundee Derby in the sunshine (hopefully) just can't beat it.
A full week of build up then the day arrives and the pubs open....
Can't wait.

JUSTaway
03-04-2022, 10:12 AM
Be great to have a Saturday derby. Hopefully we can play better than the first two, we improved second half of the Tannadice match, but had to rely on some brilliant last ditch defending to secure a win, and the game a Dens was awful, though we should have won that at death with Nicky Clarkes miss. Be tough match, they surely have to go for a win, last chance to close he gap before split with St John playing Cetlic, we've only beat opponents in league by more than one goal margin twice all season, so everything points to another tight low scoring match.

ROMA84
03-04-2022, 11:36 AM
The reality is this may be the last ever Derby. Imagine never again seeing grown men celebrating a non goal with a pitch invasion, wearing blue doon specs, trying to pick fights with kids. Hearing about a new stadium every time the **** hits the fan, fantasy training grounds, crematorium, hotel, shops and housing. Any more to add. dens has given us older Arabs many great memories and as we are walking in the freezer aisle of the supermarket we can stand where Ralphie chipped the ball with a tear in your eye. FTD83.

Shedboy1971
03-04-2022, 01:36 PM
The reality is this may be the last ever Derby. Imagine never again seeing grown men celebrating a non goal with a pitch invasion, wearing blue doon specs, trying to pick fights with kids. Hearing about a new stadium every time the **** hits the fan, fantasy training grounds, crematorium, hotel, shops and housing. Any more to add. dens has given us older Arabs many great memories and as we are walking in the freezer aisle of the supermarket we can stand where Ralphie chipped the ball with a tear in your eye. FTD83.

What a beautiful post :)

GUNBOAT
03-04-2022, 01:51 PM

A truly magnificent post crafted from knowledge gained at an academy no longer standing,it gave us the best days of our lives FACT.

shedka
03-04-2022, 02:03 PM
Won't be the last ever derby tbh, they will continue to yoyo (playing football the m - - - - - way) if they do end up doon

Concern is the need for a win is greater for them with St Johnstone at Celtic Park, this is their chance to close the gap to 3 pts, while we are likely top six even if we lose but for an unlikely set of results elsewhere, we need to now focus on 4th and making that the target and the rewards that brings both with Europe and financially

Like always our players will need to match their workrate and desire as we go in as favourites as usual, it will be tight, it will be a battle, we also have an 18 year unbeaten run at Tannadice against them to protect, if we match all this and they desire and need for the win then we will do fine

petermackie
03-04-2022, 04:27 PM
Won't be the last ever derby tbh, they will continue to yoyo (playing football the m - - - - - way) if they do end up doon

Concern is the need for a win is greater for them with St Johnstone at Celtic Park, this is their chance to close the gap to 3 pts, while we are likely top six even if we lose but for an unlikely set of results elsewhere, we need to now focus on 4th and making that the target and the rewards that brings both with Europe and financially

Like always our players will need to match their workrate and desire as we go in as favourites as usual, it will be tight, it will be a battle, we also have an 18 year unbeaten run at Tannadice against them to protect, if we match all this and they desire and need for the win then we will do fine

You're some boy while you're correct about it being 18 years since we won at Tannadice...we didn't play one another for 10 years out of that 18 with being in different leagues...you have a 10 game unbeaten run to defend 5 wins and 5 draws... hopefully that'll end Saturday

GUNBOAT
03-04-2022, 04:57 PM
You're some boy while you're correct about it being 18 years since we won at Tannadice...we didn't play one another for 10 years out of that 18 with being in different leagues...you have a 10 game unbeaten run to defend 5 wins and 5 draws... hopefully that'll end Saturday

I think you are only counting one of the 6-2s mate as i make it 6 wins and 5 draws making it an 11 game unbeaten run at Tannadice since 2004.

Arabdownsouth
03-04-2022, 04:59 PM

Talking of long runs, why not ****ing go for one?

GUNBOAT
03-04-2022, 05:02 PM
With the same criteria applied that Peter mentions The Dees are undefeated v United at Dens for 2.5 years during our 18 year undefeated run,i hope that clears things up for everyone looking in.

petermackie
03-04-2022, 05:21 PM
Talking of long runs, why not ****ing go for one?

Top banter from the boy that always answers🚀

shed-buoy
03-04-2022, 06:09 PM
Top banter from the boy that always answers🚀

There’s the mackies o’ the dee
That broke their football dream
With stefano and speroni
They sank the funny team

Then theres a mackie on our site
He’s nowhere else to go
He’s always speaking shyte
It’s all they fecking know

petermackie
03-04-2022, 06:22 PM
There’s the mackies o’ the dee
That broke their football dream
With stefano and speroni
They sank the funny team

Then theres a mackie on our site
He’s nowhere else to go
He’s always speaking shyte
It’s all they fecking know
You're no Gunboat🙈

Chick A Saw
03-04-2022, 07:31 PM
What about a team? Is Harkes gonna make this one? Is McNulty not gonna make it? Will Biamou make the bench? Will Butcher be handed a special mission?

Siegrist,
Edwards, Mulgrew, Graham
Freeman, Smith, Butcher, Levitt, Niskanen,
Clark, Watt.

If we are to play our best team, would rather Butcher at the back, McDonald in the middle, but i have doubts that the latter can do 2 games in a row, but will Butch even play next week?

LSArab
04-04-2022, 01:00 PM
You're no Gunboat🙈

Gunboat is poet laureate though tbf

LSArab
04-04-2022, 01:01 PM
What about a team? Is Harkes gonna make this one? Is McNulty not gonna make it? Will Biamou make the bench? Will Butcher be handed a special mission?

Siegrist,
Edwards, Mulgrew, Graham
Freeman, Smith, Butcher, Levitt, Niskanen,
Clark, Watt.

If we are to play our best team, would rather Butcher at the back, McDonald in the middle, but i have doubts that the latter can do 2 games in a row, but will Butch even play next week?

I’d be pretty happy with this line up

shedka
04-04-2022, 01:16 PM

No you lot are something else, brass necks

You lot include the war years when referring to our years in the lower leagues or our winless run at dens that spanned despite not playing much in those years... It's 18 years... Adult funsters that haven't witnessed a win at Tannadice, some in mid 30s who were ****agers the last time they saw one, pensioners who were still in their 40s the last time they saw one, that's a gb FACT

ROMA84
05-04-2022, 11:19 AM
Whoever Tam picks will have to put in 100% from the whistle. The fun are desperate for points and will look at this game as one where they can get them. We need to take every opportunity to attack and get in a few shots. hope we have trained to have a high tempo game and run the midfield. Try not to give away free kicks as it is obviously something they practice (2 goals v dons) Will be a tough encounter and if fat charlie gets any freedom on the pitch he can cause a bit damage. We need to be at our best and work hard all 90+ minutes, no passengers.

Steve Finan
05-04-2022, 02:17 PM
Could be the best derby for a while. Both teams have something to play for, full house, Saturday 3pm.
Looking forward to it.

Arabdownsouth
07-04-2022, 07:37 AM
Rory MaCleod scored a hatrick for the under 18s this week but McNulty is likely to be fit for Saturday so we won't see him play I wouldn't think.

Arabdownsouth
07-04-2022, 08:19 AM
Anyway, all rivalries aside for a moment, I had a massive stroke of luck this week when I took a backwards leap down the stairs whilst carrying my new TV. I went from top step to bottom and cracked my nut at full force on the wall at the bottom.I got away with a big gash in my nut and a few bumps and bruises so I'm truly thankful not to be crippled or worse and am feeling incredibly lucky this week, 6-2 the good guys! FTD!!

Arabdownsouth
07-04-2022, 08:21 AM
TV is fine BTW ;D:P

petermackie
07-04-2022, 09:46 AM

That's the main thing👍

Yeats 62
07-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Anyway, all rivalries aside for a moment, I had a massive stroke of luck this week when I took a backwards leap down the stairs whilst carrying my new TV. I went from top step to bottom and cracked my nut at full force on the wall at the bottom.I got away with a big gash in my nut and a few bumps and bruises so I'm truly thankful not to be crippled or worse and am feeling incredibly lucky this week, 6-2 the good guys! FTD!!

Lucky it was your head ADS. 😉👍🏻

TerryTheTerror
07-04-2022, 11:34 AM

How about the wall? 🤪

Arabdownsouth
07-04-2022, 11:47 AM
Lucky it was your head ADS. ������

Indeed mate ;)

Arabdownsouth
07-04-2022, 12:22 PM
How about the wall? ��

Still there Terry, still there pal :P

Arabdownsouth
07-04-2022, 12:23 PM
Got a feeling McNulty will come good this weekend, but probably the head knock talking tbh

shed-buoy
07-04-2022, 12:46 PM
Got a feeling McNulty will come good this weekend, but probably the head knock talking tbh

I’m hoping he’s just injured enough to avoid the “if he’s fit and doesn’t play you pay” clause, and makes the bench for a last 20 minute onslaught if needed

ARAbCHNID
07-04-2022, 01:31 PM
Has 90 + 6 at Paisley not done anything for poor Mark McNulty's popularity?
I mean we still go on about Rory Boulding.
I got on Sportsound about 5.30 that Saturday & the reasearcher asked what I wanted to say, the 'what's your point caller' question.
I said, 'nothing really, I'm just out of Tannadice, I'm delirious & I love the football'!
Then into the Arch for a gallon of lager :)

Yeats 62
07-04-2022, 05:21 PM

As long as it is working perfectly for Saturday, 3pm-ish (Yir gonna like it) :D

shed-buoy
08-04-2022, 09:22 AM
Siegrist,
Freeman Edwards, Mulgrew, Graham
Smith, Butcher, Levitt, Niskanen,
Clark, Watt.

Chick A Saw
08-04-2022, 11:12 AM
Siegrist,
Clark, Watt.

All i see with that is 3 at the back with Niskanen and Freeman providing the width.

However, i have my doubts that Butcher will make it because of injury, although there are rumours that he has been a bad boy and i wonder how he became to be injured!O:)

And sorry ADS, while i hope someone has passed on the rumour to you, i wont be repeating it here just in case its not true!

ranaldarab
08-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Heard the Butcher rumour myself, hope it is just a rumour.

Arabdownsouth
08-04-2022, 12:16 PM
All i see with that is 3 at the back with Niskanen and Freeman providing the width.

However, i have my doubts that Butcher will make it because of injury, although there are rumours that he has been a bad boy and i wonder how he became to be injured!O:)

And sorry ADS, while i hope someone has passed on the rumour to you, i wont be repeating it here just in case its not true!

Not sure why you're apologising to me but yeah I have been told what the rumours are, and understand why you wouldn't want to make it public knowledge without being certain of its credibility. I'm also hoping it's *******s and would hope to see him in the line up.

shed-buoy
08-04-2022, 12:18 PM

Butcher was training yesterday with the squad

shedka
08-04-2022, 12:29 PM
Siegrist,
Clark, Watt.

Would take that line up, very unlikely we'd lose if that was our team tomorrow

TerryTheTerror
08-04-2022, 01:28 PM

United posted him scoring two goals against the fun the same day as all that was going on so I'd be surprised if it wasn't a case of smoke without fire (social media's favourite thing). 🙂

ranaldarab
08-04-2022, 06:00 PM
Butcher will be handy tomorrow in the midfield. First yellow card obviously but can't let Fat Charlie away with anything.

shed-buoy
08-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Butcher will be handy tomorrow in the midfield. First yellow card obviously but can't let Fat Charlie away with anything.

Anyone know who the ref is?

Edit, it’s Steven McLean

Yeats 62
08-04-2022, 07:44 PM
Anyone know who the ref is?

Edit, it’s Steven McLean

"McLean witnesses another derby day triumph for United" Hmmmm, sounds a wee bit familiar. Has a very nice ring to it. :D

GUNBOAT
08-04-2022, 08:10 PM
"McLean witnesses another derby day triumph for United" Hmmmm, sounds a wee bit familiar. Has a very nice ring to it. :D

Lets give The Funsters a wee bit of ammo mate,the ref tomorrow has a brother who once played for The World Famous,FACT.

GUNBOAT
08-04-2022, 08:30 PM
The ref tomorrow has a brother who although never a favourite of mine was more than capable of scoring at Dens and knocking The Funsters oot the big cup.In my opinion he was nothing special but joined a very very long list of players numbering well over 100 who have kept alive the witches curse of 1910,FACT.

Sande_Man
08-04-2022, 09:22 PM
A pretty pleasant 3 minutes viewing!

https://mobile.twitter.com/dundeeunitedfc/status/1512490456633987074?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

TangerineDream
08-04-2022, 09:29 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/dundeeunitedfc/status/1512490456633987074?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Cheers for that.

So many great memories.

Very pleasant indeed. :D

ballumbie_arab
08-04-2022, 09:39 PM

Fecking class!!

shed-buoy
09-04-2022, 05:53 AM

Superb

GUNBOAT
09-04-2022, 07:48 AM

Well done mate what an FN thing to wake up to.

japanarab
09-04-2022, 08:16 AM
https://youtu.be/mhWvGrVjvPI

JamesMcClean
09-04-2022, 08:48 AM
Ok guys, so have we got our commemorative mugs and scarves, ‘doon’ specs and dark blue coffins all sorted for today?

No, thought not.XDXDXD

TerryTheTerror
09-04-2022, 08:53 AM
😂😂😂

GUNBOAT
09-04-2022, 08:56 AM
Ok guys, so have we got our commemorative mugs and scarves, ‘doon’ specs and dark blue coffins all sorted for today?

No, thought not.XDXDXD

With 29 goals in 32 games and 1 goal scored in 180 minutes v the WORST defence in the league?,yes i'm in The Bedsit now making the bairns a coffin for today.

Edit to add,confidence further boosted with our 18 grand a week striker declaring himself fit therefore automatically starting today.

Arabknight
09-04-2022, 09:30 AM

Superb mate! Only an hour away from my first frothy pot of gold of the day. COME ON UNITED 🖤🧡