PDA

View Full Version : New manager and a strange rumour.

sinkov
19-04-2022, 08:17 AM
Chris Wilder clear favourite and odds on with VC. It's well documented that our potless Yanks hold Wilder in the highest regard, but can they afford to prise him away from Boro, and with the Play-Offs still a possibility it would seem pointless to me to even attempt it now. Funny old game football but this seems a 100% non-starter right now.

Wonderful rumour I heard yesterday at the Colne v Clitheroe game, this from a couple of Everton fans. The story on Merseyside is that Dyche has been sacked for a breach of contract, he's been in active discussions with Everton regarding taking over at Goodison next season. No one loves a good rumour more than me, but this one stretches even my credulity to the limits. I wonder if anyone's told Frank Lampard. XD

ClaretinBudapest
19-04-2022, 10:04 AM
It would not surprise me in the least Sinkov.Dyche and Everton are the perfect fit.He would get the backing he never got at BFC and he would tighten up their defense.

Swissclaret
19-04-2022, 11:52 AM
It would be interesting to see him at a club that has money. What his tactics would be, how he would use more talented players.

If Everton do go down, I cannot see them looking to Lampard to bring them back up. SD has good experience in that area.

army88
19-04-2022, 12:14 PM
Chris Wilder clear favourite and odds on with VC. It's well documented that our potless Yanks hold Wilder in the highest regard, but can they afford to prise him away from Boro, and with the Play-Offs still a possibility it would seem pointless to me to even attempt it now. Funny old game football but this seems a 100% non-starter right now.

Wonderful rumour I heard yesterday at the Colne v Clitheroe game, this from a couple of Everton fans. The story on Merseyside is that Dyche has been sacked for a breach of contract, he's been in active discussions with Everton regarding taking over at Goodison next season. No one loves a good rumour more than me, but this one stretches even my credulity to the limits. I wonder if anyone's told Frank Lampard. XD

May not be a rumour Sinkov as I had a little whisper of that from someone I know connected to the club, also when you think about breach of contract means the yanks won’t pay compensation ( or considerably less ).

I was told a bust up had happened ( and it’s been deteriorating anyway ) but the straw that broke the camels back so to speak was Dyche speaking to them outside contract restrictions.

Who knows ( you couldn’t write it ), however it make sense the Americans given a life line out of Dyche compensation- shrewd I guess they’ll be and like any good insurance company if there’s a way out without paying they’ll find it.

Supersub6
19-04-2022, 12:36 PM
Remember that ALK were involved in trying to buy Sheffield United and signed a deal in April 2019 to try to achieve their object. Prince Abdullah, who was a part owner, decided against selling and it fell through. Manager at the time was Chris Wilder!

Can I see Wilder leaving 'Boro? I honestly don't think so ---unless ALK offer him a great load of money.
Que sera, sera!