PDA

View Full Version : Chaos at FC Esbjerg caused by Conway

EastStandRed
20-04-2022, 06:20 PM
The American owners are pulling a trail of destruction after themselves in Esbjerg fB, and now the acting head coach has reported sick

By Klaus Egelund • Thomas N. Andersen
The American owners are pulling a trail of destruction after themselves in Esbjerg fB, and now the acting head coach has reported sick

Steffen Ernemann will now be the fourth head coach in just ten months in the faded big club Esbjerg fB.

Chaos that can only be attributed to the club's American owners and their misunderstood view of management.

According to Ekstra Bladet's information, Michael Kryger has reportedly become ill - directly caused by the maelstrom of a management style that EfB's American owners are exposing.

Kryger is unlikely to return this season. Or the next ...

For a long time, it has been buzzing with corridor talk about heavy interference from the owners' side right down to the details around the team selection.

Thus, in the run-up to the match against Jammerbugt FC, Ekstra Bladet was informed that the player squad was aware of three dictated replacements, which were to be made during the break of the match.

Michael Kryger was at that time still in the lead for the team, and even though the break lead to Jammerbugt at 2-0 in itself screamed for changes, it stands out that Esbjerg after the break had exactly three new men in action.

Michael Kryger has tried to balance his coaching style with the direct orders that were put out by the American owners, while trying to maintain a kind of respect from the player squad.

It turned out impossible. How should a player squad respect a head coach who does not even make the crucial decisions about starting lineup, substitutions or playing style?

If the situation sounds insane and totally cross-border, then such orders are no further away from the owners than that Chairman of the Board Michael Kalt has already once acknowledged that type of interference.

- I have mixed myself once - it was when I told Roland (Vrabec. Red) that I did not understand that he did not use Yacine Bourhane from the start in the first two matches. Otherwise we will not interfere, he said a month ago in a major interview with Jyske Vestkysten.

Ekstra Bladet has tried to get Roland Vrabec to talk about his firing in Esbjerg and the American owners' involvement in the German's work.

Vrabec has rejected Ekstra Bladet's request on the grounds that he cannot comment due to contractual obligations.

Yacine Bourhane is described internally in the squad as a player who can barely run straight. And Bourhane was among the starters in the defeat to Jammerbugt.

In other words, it's more about positioning players and selling them than winning football matches. Something that is about to be catastrophic for EfB ...

It paints a very good picture of the reality that emerges under American supremacy at Blue Water Arena in Esbjerg.

The unrest is well described, and although Peter Hybala's insanity regime was second to none, the problems have not diminished significantly since then, although they have become less apparent to the outside world.

The interference in Roland Vrabec's work was marked. And now it has broken the replacement Michael Kryger, who was already absent when Esbjerg met Vendsyssel FF at Easter.

The West Jutlanders won a point under Steffen Ernemann's leadership, and the team selection for that match was devoid of investor interference.

However, the order to Ernemann and co. Was that 'one would rather lose the match against Vendsyssel than deviate from the style of play with high pressure'.

Something of an announcement with Esbjerg's placement in the table in mind ...

At the same time, it pulls up to storm in the backdrop of the club towards next season, where the American owners still insist that the bet on press football should be managed by a coach with a German education.

Director Jens Hammer Sørensen has already positioned himself in the exact opposite ditch.

- I really want a Danish coach who understands the Danish 1st division, who understands the Danish Superliga, and who knows the actions that are in a Danish football club.

- Because if you hire - and it is not a bad word about German coaches - a German coach, he says in his own head, ‘How long does a coach sit in the two best ranks in Denmark? He sits for 12-14 months, 'said Jens Hammer Sørensen the other day in Købmændenes Klub on Discovery +.

Thus, the next major conflict in Esbjerg is already taking shape ...

Ekstra Bladet has tried to get a comment from Paul Conway and Michael Kalt, but Esbjerg fB states that it is Jens Hammer Sørensen who speaks on behalf of the club in this case.

Why has Michael Kryger reported sick in EfB?

- I can not comment on that, as there are some GDPR rules we must comply with - and most importantly for the sake of our employees. In addition, we never mention staff cases about illness in the media, and we never do.

- To what extent does it have something to do with the management style that the American owners are displaying?

- I will not comment on the specific case according to what I have just said.

- If I now say that it is, among other things, about the owners' involvement in the starting line-up, substitutions and tactics?

- Then I say that NOBODY other than the current head coach of EfB decides how the team is set. Board members have the right to express opinions on why a left-footed player does not play left-back or why the coach uses one striker over another.

- This is how it is today, and this is how it was 5, 10 and 20 years ago. But it is solely the head coach who sets the team. There is never, to my knowledge, anything that has been dictated. This is how you run a football club.

Before the match, Ekstra Bladet could name the three substitutions that would come against Jammerbugt. How do you explain that?

- It is no secret that we in the club and around the team have worked to bring more fresh energy into the matches earlier. Specifically, the plan was for us to replace three attackers, but that did not happen.

- But it has been part of the tactics for the match to get fresh players in with fresh strength to put pressure in the second half. Kryger was open and honest about this and also told it to Jydske Vestkysten in the days leading up to the match. So it was no secret.

- Ekstra Bladet is aware that the American owners are still looking for a head coach for the German coaching school. Do you fear that it conflicts with your wishes for a Danish head coach.

- No I do not. I have stated that I prefer a coach who knows the 1st division. This is still the model we are working on in EfB.

EastStandRed
20-04-2022, 06:30 PM
This is what a Danish journalist says about him……

Of all the quacks I have seen in Danish football over a lifetime, Paul Conway is a candidate for a top seed.
The incompetence is resounding, and when you then listen to the man - listen to Boardroom on The Athletic - he spices it up with a blatant arrogance.
A nicely striking cocktail

Doggydo
20-04-2022, 06:32 PM
They’re a disgrace and should be kicked out and banned from ever owning a football club or any other sporting activity for that matter.

animallittle3
20-04-2022, 07:00 PM
Thanks for posting this ESR because I think we can all agree we've seen interference in team selection this season and that pretty much confirms our suspicions .

Stories like these do not come out in the public domain for nothing .

If they aren't true Conway then seek damaged for libel in court .

GRASS SOD
20-04-2022, 09:06 PM
Conway is a clueless arrogant yanker of the highest order and obviously knows naff all about football he's just a fraudulent buisness man if he doesn't get his own way takes his ball home

Young_Nudger
21-04-2022, 07:10 AM
Where you got this from ESR ?

Young_Nudger
21-04-2022, 07:21 AM
Just seen it on the BBS.
Presumably ESR you have seen it there ?

BTW - the contents of this are no surprise.
Not long after the Giddings interview bombshell - there was a Paul Conway interview in an ESBJERG newspaper.

And as been reported on here since - Paul Conway openly admitted during that interview that he pushed young players into the 1st team in-front of older players.

But it’s worth repeating - not only is Paul Conway dictating tactics (Giddings interview) but he is also dictating who plays (Esbjerg newspaper interview).

NO MANAGER would be successful under those circumstances.

Young_Nudger
21-04-2022, 07:49 AM
Paul Conway.
Ian MacGregor of soccer.

GRASS SOD
21-04-2022, 08:19 AM
And INT HE MAKING A FK UP OF IT

SBRed48
21-04-2022, 09:18 AM
Av sed befooar all this anti-Conway stuff is unacceptable. He is misunderstood that's all. We fans who back him can see the real Paul Conway, a modest guy who puts others before himself and a shrewd and knowledgeable football person. There are posters on here who call him an arseoyle and that is clearly without any foundation.

See you at Huddersfield tomorrow night Paul.

Doggydo
21-04-2022, 11:03 AM
I sometimes find myself feeling sorry for the coaches we’ve had who have to work under these restrictions but then I correct myself and think anybody who takes this job on must know beforehand what the circumstances are he’s expected to work under so if he comes on those terms he deserves all the flack that comes his way when it doesn’t work.
But it’s no good baying for the managers blood because the next Sooty and Sweep have already been earmarked. It needs the puppeteer who has his hand up their jacksie to go before it’s too late or it won’t be long before Halifax is our local derby.

animallittle3
21-04-2022, 04:24 PM
Just seen it on the BBS.

BTW - the contents of this are no surprise.
Not long after the Giddings interview bombshell - there was a Paul Conway interview in an ESBJERG newspaper.

And as been reported on here since - Paul Conway openly admitted during that interview that he pushed young players into the 1st team in-front of older players.

But it’s worth repeating - not only is Paul Conway dictating tactics (Giddings interview) but he is also dictating who plays (Esbjerg newspaper interview).

NO MANAGER would be successful under those circumstances.

I notice The Two Ronnies on bbs haven't posted on the topic !!!

SBRed48
21-04-2022, 04:41 PM
I notice The Two Ronnies on bbs haven't posted on the topic !!!

It's a lot more effective for them to have a privileged "conversation" with Khaled and Paul rather than support the protests at Nancy (which flushed Chein Lee out of hiding) or the growing unrest at Esbjerg.

Conway is royally pillakin them.

EastStandRed
21-04-2022, 05:15 PM
Just seen it on the BBS.

I don’t read the BBS Nudger, just looked though to see what you meant and the post on there has been copy and pasted from me off here.

The article was sent to me by an Ebsjerg fan and I had to mess about Google translating so to answer your question , no the BBS took it from Tykes Mad

animallittle3
21-04-2022, 05:29 PM
I don’t read the BBS Nudger, just looked though to see what you meant and the post on there has been copy and pasted from me off here.

The article was sent to me by an Ebsjerg fan and I had to mess about Google translating so to answer your question , no the BBS took it from Tykes Mad

Appreciate the time and effort you put in to these posts ESR .

Please keep them coming because the more bad publicity we can create for these Charlatans the more the chance they'll clear off .

Much appreciated .