PDA

View Full Version : More whinging

toptoon
23-04-2022, 06:46 PM
This time from Smith’s post match interview - apparently we spent 900 million 😆😆 in the last window and are owned by a country.

Perhaps he should add up what we’ve spent against the top 6 (and ‘his’ villa side) over the last decade.

He did say he thought Eddie was a good coach but very much put this in second place to the spending. There’ll be plenty of this coming our way while City, Man U, etc. spend fortunes without a whisper of criticism.

I don’t think there are that many managers anywhere that could’ve transformed us even with our January window spend and Smith certainly wouldn’t have.

Zippity
23-04-2022, 07:07 PM
The bitterness is ridiculous. The single biggest factor in our resurgence has been Eddie Howe. Plus, every other team has spent money when we weren't in a position to do so...was that fair on us?

When Villa were hoying money around I don't remember him turning players down on the basis that it wouldn't be fair on clubs who didn't have new owners.

He needs to look a little closer to home to see why they've not made the same sort of progress.

MidsMagpie
23-04-2022, 07:30 PM
He used to always spout endless dross when he was villa manager as well.

Alberts__Lob
23-04-2022, 07:33 PM
Dean Smith is out of his depth in the Premier League. He's shown that at Villa and Norwich

As Zip mentioned our best and most important signing was Eddie Howe

Just wait until next season when we start challenging teams towards the top of the table, lots of managers and fans will be losing their sh!t and throwing their toys out the pram

ronandtet
23-04-2022, 09:09 PM
The bitterness is ridiculous. The single biggest factor in our resurgence has been Eddie Howe. Plus, every other team has spent money when we weren't in a position to do so...was that fair on us?

When Villa were hoying money around I don't remember him turning players down on the basis that it wouldn't be fair on clubs who didn't have new owners.

He needs to look a little closer to home to see why they've not made the same sort of progress.

in the last 5 seasons we are 12th on the spending list and vile have spent a lot more than us Indeed in our line up today we had 2 signings and one on loan - villa must rate targett to loan him to us - burn released by a mid table team - the one big time successful signing bruno would have been snapped by one of the big boys if we hadn't - if it wasn't eddie who transformed joelinton I'd love to know who

toptoon
24-04-2022, 02:26 AM
Taken from Twitter:

They laughed when Chris Wood signed.
They laughed when Dan Burn signed.
They laughed when Matt Targett signed.
They laughed when Bruno sat on the bench for weeks.
They laughed when Trippier got injured.

Now they say it’s the big spend January signings that have kept us up.

trinitoon
24-04-2022, 06:44 AM
Smith should mind his own business. And take a Maths class.
--
Noise.