PDA

View Full Version : Away Travel to Gillingham

fc_miller
28-04-2022, 06:50 AM
Seen on Twitter, bridge inn just sold out another coach in 25mins last night. How many more fans would we take if we had affordable travel available.

When we go to Wembley, we have these third party companies leaving flyers over your windscreen, where are they now when we need some coaches?

millertop
28-04-2022, 06:55 AM
Coaches should be run by the club at the club, they could ask them who do the supporters coaches to help out
Also plenty of parking at club for them that need to drive into town or getting dropped off/picked up

Book a ticket book a seat

avondalemiller
28-04-2022, 10:31 PM
Was talking to a guy behind me at the match and he'd got a quote for a coach to Wembley and just filled it up.

Couldn't anyone do that if there's a group of them to start with?

P.S....he charged £32 to Wembley.....Behive was £40

jakethemiller
29-04-2022, 06:32 AM
I once ran a coach to Everton, as no one seemed to bother, filled it, charged well below what others were charging, and still ended up a little in pocket. I suppose drafting other coaches like they do at Wembley is difficult with it being such a big football weekend and bank holiday

millersrus
29-04-2022, 06:43 AM
Hope you get the chance to run another one next season.

Scum-Triumphant
29-04-2022, 07:08 AM
The bloke that runs the Bridge Inn coaches is a mate of mine and the work he does putting the coaches on as well as a full time job is admirable.

I wouldn't do it.

Other clubs put subsidised travel on for fans when they want a big following or it is a huge game. We are really lacking here when it comes to this as a club.

There is about 1000 tickets left, they go off sale in 9 hours but people can't get there.

There is the Train but it's a faf and not very family friendly.

jakethemiller
29-04-2022, 07:21 AM
The bloke that runs the Bridge Inn coaches is a mate of mine and the work he does putting the coaches on as well as a full time job is admirable.

I wouldn't do it.

Other clubs put subsidised travel on for fans when they want a big following or it is a huge game. We are really lacking here when it comes to this as a club.

There is about 1000 tickets left, they go off sale in 9 hours but people can't get there.

There is the Train but it's a faf and not very family friendly.

Scum, it's a good run to Gillingham on the train, 3 hours or just under from Donny to Kings X, walk over to St Pancras then train straight there. Not a faf but maybe expensive for some people

flourbasher
29-04-2022, 07:57 AM
The club has tried to put on coaches for more fans who want to go but although there are buses available they are struggling to find drivers as it’s a BH weekend

Scum-Triumphant
29-04-2022, 11:15 AM
The club has tried to put on coaches for more fans who want to go but although there are buses available they are struggling to find drivers as it’s a BH weekend

I don't think they have tried that hard.

Scum-Triumphant
29-04-2022, 11:15 AM
Scum, it's a good run to Gillingham on the train, 3 hours or just under from Donny to Kings X, walk over to St Pancras then train straight there. Not a faf but maybe expensive for some people

And back!

Stovicmiller
29-04-2022, 11:23 AM
The club has tried to put on coaches for more fans who want to go but although there are buses available they are struggling to find drivers as it’s a BH weekend once again the club is reactive and not proactive. I’m driving down .

CASPER-64-FRANK
29-04-2022, 12:05 PM
I'm running a Charter plane into Kent if anyone's interested...;D

Big deposits required up front.... ;D

Didn't the club put coaches on for that game at Plymouth?

Brin
29-04-2022, 12:29 PM
Just waiting for coach outside bridge inn ready to shoot off to Gillingham. Coach travelo there and back with an overnight stay.

After breakfast (included) in the morning in the hotel, we get bussed to the ground. Return travel, single room occupancy for £80 a bargain.

Was going to go by train but would have had to make my way to Donny station early in the morning to catch the 7.48am to kings cross. Swap to travel down to Gillingham then make my own way to the ground. Cost me more than £100 so this was a no brainier.

Brin
29-04-2022, 12:31 PM
I'm running a Charter plane into Kent if anyone's interested...;D

Big deposits required up front.... ;D

Didn't the club put coaches on for that game at Plymouth?

Still don’t find that funny pal.

Sorry you can’t attend bet you would have liked to have gone. Get well soon 😉

fivetide
29-04-2022, 12:33 PM

I went to Gillingham on the train which was easy enough. Sadly it was when we played Brighton and we got humped 4-0.

Very long journey back that.

Nardendee
29-04-2022, 01:36 PM
Just waiting for coach outside bridge inn ready to shoot off to Gillingham. Coach travelo there and back with an overnight stay.

After breakfast (included) in the morning in the hotel, we get bussed to the ground. Return travel, single room occupancy for £80 a bargain.

Was going to go by train but would have had to make my way to Donny station early in the morning to catch the 7.48am to kings cross. Swap to travel down to Gillingham then make my own way to the ground. Cost me more than £100 so this was a no brainier.

Safe journey Brin. Hope you are all celebrating on the way back.

rolymiller
29-04-2022, 01:59 PM
2100 tickets sold about an hour ago
Imagine a full away end at nys to get an idea of numbers. Get ya sen there or be square. 4 pm cut off time.

Ronners
29-04-2022, 02:04 PM

Brilliant deal is that Brin, safe journey to all that are travelling and bring all 3 points back with you, I dont want to keep looking at the MK score. UTM

MagyarMiller
29-04-2022, 02:50 PM
I'm on 700 train from Sheffield into St Pancras, then train from there to Gillingham should arrive at 1010.
Admittedly not cheap, I've paid just over £90.
There was a similar one at 800 but was worried I'd be cutting it a bit fine if owt went wrong.
There were limited tickets when I booked on Tuesday.
There was also one round about 6 which was cheaper, about £65 if I remember correctly, but just couldn't get into Sheffield from Buxton for that time. I'm calling in a favour as it is LOL

If anybody fancies a more interesting journey one I saw was
Train from Sheffield to Milton Keynes
Replacement bus to Bedford
Train to Marylebone
Tube to Victoria
Train to Gillingham
And same for way back
Except for me it would have then been
Train to New Mills Central
Walk ro New Mills Newtown
Then bus or train home

I decided against that one strangely

Safe journey everyone whose going and let's roar the lads up to the championship
UTM

vespabri
29-04-2022, 02:51 PM
Brin, I go to Plymouth 4 times aweek & I noticed a month or so ago on the A38 near Plymouth there's an area called 'Lee Mill' I kid you not pal...couldn't believe it.
I'd have gone in car tomorrow but sadly I'm off to Plymouth again tonight..be home just intimate for the game.
Don't know whether to watch it at home or go to a pub..whichever one that will be.

Brin
29-04-2022, 02:55 PM
Brin, I go to Plymouth 4 times aweek & I noticed a month or so ago on the A38 near Plymouth there's an area called 'Lee Mill' I kid you not pal...couldn't believe it.
I'd have gone in car tomorrow but sadly I'm off to Plymouth again tonight..be home just intimate for the game.
Don't know whether to watch it at home or go to a pub..whichever one that will be.

Bri, the least I hear of that c***s name the better.
Shame you can’t make it pal. Get your sen to pub and enjoy watching us play a great game.

NB. Saw our old mate Baz at Sunderland… still as bald as a coot 🤣. “Steve and Baz where’s mi pie?”

Ronners
29-04-2022, 03:05 PM
I'm on 700 train from Sheffield into St Pancras, then train from there to Gillingham should arrive at 1010.
Admittedly not cheap, I've paid just over £90.
There was a similar one at 800 but was worried I'd be cutting it a bit fine if owt went wrong.
There were limited tickets when I booked on Tuesday.
There was also one round about 6 which was cheaper, about £65 if I remember correctly, but just couldn't get into Sheffield from Buxton for that time. I'm calling in a favour as it is LOL

If anybody fancies a more interesting journey one I saw was
Train from Sheffield to Milton Keynes
Replacement bus to Bedford
Train to Marylebone
Tube to Victoria
Train to Gillingham
And same for way back
Except for me it would have then been
Train to New Mills Central
Walk ro New Mills Newtown
Then bus or train home

I decided against that one strangely

Safe journey everyone whose going and let's roar the lads up to the championship
UTM

Nice one Magyar, have a safe journey, dont forget to set your alarm clock 😉🤣 UTM

Brin
29-04-2022, 03:07 PM
Ronners I’ll echo that, A very safe journey and return to all fans travelling all the way down there to support the lads.

Ronners
29-04-2022, 03:15 PM
Ronners I’ll echo that, A very safe journey and return to all fans travelling all the way down there to support the lads.

Dont have too many drinks tonight Brin, even though you will be already down there in the morning you need a clear head 😖😉🤣 UTM

Brin
29-04-2022, 03:19 PM
Dont have too many drinks tonight Brin, even though you will be already down there in the morning you need a clear head 😖😉🤣 UTM

Taking it steady pal. Must say though the beer has been flowing freely on the coach and the noise getting louder 🤣 I’m slowly quoffing a bottle of Argentinian Malbec 🍷 😉