PDA

View Full Version : St Perth away on Gothenburg Day +39

57vintage
09-05-2022, 08:12 AM
Off you go (the second last of this season’s indulgent whiney match thread title preventions).

Hammer-throwing agricultural midfield-stuffing pricks, who I hope aren’t replaced by the Masonic grandmasters of the anti-fitba art.

donsdaft
09-05-2022, 11:26 AM
A 2-0 defeat is on the cards but I’ll go for 0-4 as usual.

Oot

Br0chred
09-05-2022, 07:23 PM
A 2-0 defeat is on the cards but I’ll go for 0-4 as usual.

Oot

We'll be playin wi nae Watkins or Ramirez up front? so perhaps Donsdaft is thinking of playing a wee winger up front with eth prominent letter B so 4-0 to the good guys it will be.

donsdaft
09-05-2022, 07:33 PM
Nae Watkins will be an improvement.

Yet another useless hospital case.

Get rid.

Is B one for the future, or just a bit of a stopgap?

Br0chred
10-05-2022, 03:31 PM
Panic over.
Kennedy is fit

donsdaft
10-05-2022, 03:49 PM
Please no

57vintage
10-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Kennedy is fit? Nae good enough?

Goodwin tried to sign him when he was Paisley boss, so I expect he still rates him, although I can’t fathom why.

InversneckieDob
10-05-2022, 04:08 PM
......like a new signing.......

Red Zone
10-05-2022, 04:16 PM
Play him at centre forward (as he's certainly not a winger) as Watkins is injured and Ramirez has f'ucked off back to US of A a week early.

On second thoughts play Considine at centre forward instead - more chance of him scoring

NaeMairNeeps
11-05-2022, 06:19 PM
Startin line up accordin' tae the beeb ...

Lewis,
Ojo, Gallacher, Bates, McKenzie,
Barron, Ferguson
Besuijen, Polvara, Montgomery
Ruth.

Subs: Considine, McGeouch, Hayes, McLennan, Woods, Kennedy, Milne, Harvey, Lobban.

Ah dinna ken whether tae comment "interesting" or "what the ****?" For sure tho, we'll be wiser aboot one or two things by the end o' the 90 :O

donsdaft
11-05-2022, 06:20 PM
What the f’uck?

Jupiter
11-05-2022, 06:46 PM
Cantwin doesn't know what he is doing.

Red Zone
11-05-2022, 06:47 PM

Yes he does, he's trolling McGhee and Adam

NaeMairNeeps
11-05-2022, 07:07 PM
Fk Saaaake!! :(

Jussi
11-05-2022, 07:24 PM
We've had near 80% of ineffectual possession
most of it back passes to our half

Barron only decent player in this bunch worth keeping

irnbru1903
11-05-2022, 07:37 PM
As expected from the leftovers. They actually get paid for that.

The_Moog
11-05-2022, 07:43 PM

He must be clinically insane.

He keeps doing the same thing at the back and (I assume) expects a different result.

Gallagher - Jesus Christ min.

Bates and McKenzie none too clever either. Who’d have thunk it?

In a season of utterly horrific defending that would be enough to make a schoolboy blush - that goal was fuuckin textbook AFC. Abysmal.

4 days to go then its all over thank fuuck…

RED_JOHN
11-05-2022, 07:58 PM
Dim Goodwin shouldn’t get a transfer window…a ridiculous manager of Aberdeen FC

Jormungand
11-05-2022, 08:43 PM
That was particularly grim the night

irnbru1903
11-05-2022, 08:43 PM
Unbelievably poor. Sh1t manager sh1t team.

The_Moog
11-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Horrific.

Simply horrific.

That is all…

Jupiter
11-05-2022, 08:50 PM
Cantwin must go, he was a ridiculous appointment. And Cormack can piss off too

Red Zone
11-05-2022, 08:51 PM
Ach, end of season performance with a team where half the starters won't be here next season, four days from going on their Summer holidays, they were never going to give a f'uck about playing well tonight. Sunday will be much the same.

Roll on the transfer window opening

Shetland Don
11-05-2022, 08:51 PM
What a complete, unmitigated utter f’king shambles we have become - that was honestly the worst game of helory that I have seen in many a decade. WTF is Occasionalwin fannyeing around shaking hands at full time with a smile on his face?! He looks fitter than the entire team but is clearly f’ing clueless as a Manager. His days must surely be numbered. Embarrassing to watch that today, of all days, particularly after the 1983 footage. Seething and depressed.

irnbru1903
11-05-2022, 08:59 PM
Ach, end of season performance with a team where half the starters won't be here next season, four days from going on their Summer holidays, they were never going to give a f'uck about playing well tonight. Sunday will be much the same.

Roll on the transfer window opening

Season tickets must be selling like hot cakes if you are promised this much give a f uckness from the club as a whole.

vasilyrats86
11-05-2022, 09:01 PM
What a complete, unmitigated utter f’king shambles we have become - that was honestly the worst game of helory that I have seen in many a decade. WTF is Occasionalwin fannyeing around shaking hands at full time with a smile on his face?! He looks fitter than the entire team but is clearly f’ing clueless as a Manager. His days must surely be numbered. Embarrassing to watch that today, of all days, particularly after the 1983 footage. Seething and depressed.

Totally agree

2 wins in 11 games

If Goodwin does not start next season with a complete overhaul in squad and results he will be gone before the Xmas decs go up in the shops in September.

Every game in the League Cup group must be won no excuses.

Sort this shambles out. Why is Ojo playing ???

Red Zone
11-05-2022, 09:06 PM
Totally agree

2 wins in 11 games

If Goodwin does not start next season with a complete overhaul in squad and results he will be gone before the Xmas decs go up in the shops in September.

Every game in the League Cup group must be won no excuses.

Sort this shambles out. Why is Ojo playing ???

Ojo is playing because Goodwin has been told he is not allowed to pick Ramsey in case he gets crocked before we sell him and McCrorie is injured and even Ojo is better than McLennan or Kennedy at wing back

GASC1980
11-05-2022, 09:11 PM
Ojo, McLennan, Kennedy. These names fill me with dread and fear.

Red Zone
11-05-2022, 09:13 PM
Ojo, McLennan, Kennedy. These names fill me with dread and fear.

Just emphasises that our squad just needs to be completely gutted

rustlinsweetiepapers
11-05-2022, 09:13 PM
I have read so many posts here about ‘this was the worst \Aberdeen performance I’ve ever seen’ and thought, ‘no, you don’t have a memory’ but, for me, this was the worst I’ve seen in 50 years. I don’t buy the argument of ‘we don’t care, we won’t be here next season’ as who would recruit any of our players based on recent performances. As for Goodwin, what does he do? Overhaul sounds great but he has two international centre halfs who cannot be cheap. There is presumably no way he can offload them in the summer as they have probably been the poorest central defensive pairing in the league, maybe not helped by zonal marking which seems to have been undone by the razor sharp forward play of the last four bottom six teams we have played.

I fear we go into the break with overpaid underachievers we will not be able to shift. How many million are we going to get for Ferguson based on recent performances? And with the dead wood clogging Pittodrie, how attractive is a move to the third worst team in the league for anyone we try to attract?

The_Moog
11-05-2022, 09:36 PM
The diets managed to put a passable squad together (in Scottish terms) coming from the Championship, so its perfectly doable.

Money talks, so Cormack better have more verbal diarrhoea than ever this summer…

NaeMairNeeps
11-05-2022, 09:51 PM
I have read so many posts here about ‘this was the worst \Aberdeen performance I’ve ever seen’ and thought, ‘no, you don’t have a memory’ but, for me, this was the worst I’ve seen in 50 years.

As a self confessed happy clapper, it pains me tae say that tonight's game was the most inept, clueless performance I have ever seen. OK, maybe we had nithin tae play for, and so a good opportunity for Goodwin tae gie the likes o' Polvara and Ruth an opportunity in the startin line up, but did he/we learn anythin?

Surely it is confirmed, if nae obvious by now that the Gallacher/Bates pair at centre back is askin' for a hidin' ... so what's tae be learned by stickin' wi' it?
Also confirmed that Ferguson creates nithin up front ... so nithin new there.
Confirmed that Kennedy, McLennan and Ojo are ****e.
As for the young players makkin up the rest o' the team tonight? Learned very little due tae the lack o' support/service and apparent lack o' game plan.

The fact that Montgomery wis one o' oor better players speaks volumes!
The fact we would feel mair comfortable wi Andy Considine in oor back line speaks volumes mair!

And so, maybe unfair the judge the rest because Ah think if ye replaced the above named (plus Ramsay, Consi, McGeough, Jenks and Watkins) wi REAL quality, we would almost certainly get better/mair effective performances oot o' McKenzie, Besuijen, Ruth etc.
Even replacin' those 12 wi jist 6 players o' a high standard would gie us a considerably stronger squad.

erchieplum
11-05-2022, 09:56 PM
Thankfully season is almost over and my hopes for Sunday limited to don't get beat and give Considine at least 30 minutes of game to say his farewells.
They better come charging off the blocks next season and for that we need players with fight passion and drive .We have players who had that but sadly they just look like they are going through the motions now.
A poor start to next season will see fans really on their backs in short time so a sea change in attitude from the off required...over to you Mr Goodwin make this team your own

Shetland Don
11-05-2022, 10:39 PM
As a self confessed happy clapper, it pains me tae say that tonight's game was the most inept, clueless performance I have ever seen. OK, maybe we had nithin tae play for, and so a good opportunity for Goodwin tae gie the likes o' Polvara and Ruth an opportunity in the startin line up, but did he/we learn anythin?

Surely it is confirmed, if nae obvious by now that the Gallacher/Bates pair at centre back is askin' for a hidin' ... so what's tae be learned by stickin' wi' it?
Also confirmed that Ferguson creates nithin up front ... so nithin new there.
Confirmed that Kennedy, McLennan and Ojo are ****e.
As for the young players makkin up the rest o' the team tonight? Learned very little due tae the lack o' support/service and apparent lack o' game plan.

The fact that Montgomery wis one o' oor better players speaks volumes!
The fact we would feel mair comfortable wi Andy Considine in oor back line speaks volumes mair!

And so, maybe unfair the judge the rest because Ah think if ye replaced the above named (plus Ramsay, Consi, McGeough, Jenks and Watkins) wi REAL quality, we would almost certainly get better/mair effective performances oot o' McKenzie, Besuijen, Ruth etc.
Even replacin' those 12 wi jist 6 players o' a high standard would gie us a considerably stronger squad.

Spot on, sadly.

donsdaft
11-05-2022, 10:41 PM
Thankfully season is almost over and my hopes for Sunday limited to don't get beat and give Considine at least 30 minutes of game to say his farewells.
They better come charging off the blocks next season and for that we need players with fight passion and drive .We have players who had that but sadly they just look like they are going through the motions now.
A poor start to next season will see fans really on their backs in short time so a sea change in attitude from the off required...over to you Mr Goodwin make this team your own

…. and make sure that team doesn’t contain Gallacher or Bates.

Redbull666
11-05-2022, 10:52 PM
Surprised no one has been apoplectic over the playing of Montgomery. Absolutely zero sense in playing a loaned player as he won't be here next season. Unless his inclusion is an indication that his move is going to become permanent. As for Bates and Gallagher...were there any other options? They've both got decent pedigree and have done well elsewhere at a decent level so why the hell they're playing like amateurs is puzzling. Can they just not play together or have they just turned to utter ****e. Got a feeling they'll be given a chance next season but a new centre half is essential. Maybe competition will give them a kick up the arse. At least it can't get worse can it?

donsdaft
11-05-2022, 11:21 PM
Playing Montgomery is unforgivable.
Either Bates or Gallacher still being here next season is almost as bad.

NaeMairNeeps
11-05-2022, 11:22 PM
Bates and Gallacher are, like ye say, a real puzzle. Baith demonstrate regularly they def have ball playin' skills ... and we see flashes of good link up play wi the mid/wide players .... same might be said o' Ojo ... but they are fkn sh!t defenders fa have made Joe Lewis look sh!t on too many occasions.

In 'defence' of these defenders tho, the insistence on back passin' and holdin possession in oor ain half rather than pushin forward, creatin movement an' space tae get beyond/through the opposition defence, means these guys are gonna be on the ball for mair time/occasions than they should be ... and will as a result, mak mair mistakes than ithers fa are nae gettin a sniff o' the fkn baa!

But their real test is when we are nae in possession, and how they deal wi the opposition comin forward .... and there my defence of the aforementioned defenders becomes indefensible ... cos, they canna fkn defend.

If a plumber canna plumb, if an accountant canna count, if a teacher canna teach, if a baker canna bake, if a builder canna build, salesperson canna sell, if a promoter canna promote .... Ah'll stop there ... ye can draw yer ain conclusions.

blowupsheep
12-05-2022, 02:58 AM
We really are utter sh1te but never mind we have at least secured 10th spot
Well done to all involved for this remarkable achievement 🤦*♂️

KIWIRED
12-05-2022, 05:46 AM
I am dreading the fact that Goodwin actually loves Kennedy and constantly talks the guy up
We Dons fans know he is utter crap and should be moved on
That's why I worry about Goodwin

TheDeeDon
12-05-2022, 06:31 AM
I have read so many posts here about ‘this was the worst \Aberdeen performance I’ve ever seen’ and thought, ‘no, you don’t have a memory’ but, for me, this was the worst I’ve seen in 50 years. I don’t buy the argument of ‘we don’t care, we won’t be here next season’ as who would recruit any of our players based on recent performances. As for Goodwin, what does he do? Overhaul sounds great but he has two international centre halfs who cannot be cheap. There is presumably no way he can offload them in the summer as they have probably been the poorest central defensive pairing in the league, maybe not helped by zonal marking which seems to have been undone by the razor sharp forward play of the last four bottom six teams we have played.

I fear we go into the break with overpaid underachievers we will not be able to shift. How many million are we going to get for Ferguson based on recent performances? And with the dead wood clogging Pittodrie, how attractive is a move to the third worst team in the league for anyone we try to attract?
I neither watched or listened to the game, but sounds a real horror show before you are saying the worst performance in 50 years, as there is some stiff opposition for that title.

Getting rid of players will be a huge issue and paying up contracts it taking a lot out money out of the pot for new players.

However we dress it up it is all a bit of a mess at the moment and the manager has some job on his hands in the next few months trying to fix it for next season. The tickets for next season have been bought, so I am still positive that next season will be better...

ToonsClock4am
13-05-2022, 01:11 AM
I just can't believe the amount of posters on here who just assume the manager will still be here. He should be gone on the weekend. Told immediatly after the inevitable defeat to St Mirren. You really want to give this guy the summer transfer window? Insane. Hibs hopefully set a precedent and it will happen.

pieandbovrilman
13-05-2022, 08:29 AM
I just can't believe the amount of posters on here who just assume the manager will still be here. He should be gone on the weekend. Told immediatly after the inevitable defeat to St Mirren. You really want to give this guy the summer transfer window? Insane. Hibs hopefully set a precedent and it will happen.
There’s no doubt we are in a sticky situation here with Goodwin but we can’t sack him already even if in 6 months time it would’ve turned out to be the right decision. We have to give him the summer transfer window to build his own team , although I have my suspicions it will resemble St Mirren 2020/21 but on higher wages.

Unfortunately the failed Glass experiment has put us in this situation, DC felt the pressure and went for what he saw as a relatively safe option in Goodwin and the fact that we paid for him he has avoided being lambasted for going for a cheap option.

Anyway, last game of a dreadful season tomorrow so let’s just be happy we are still in the league …..what a shocking thing to have to be saying .

Bisconti's balls
13-05-2022, 08:34 AM
There’s no doubt we are in a sticky situation here with Goodwin but we can’t sack him already even if in 6 months time it would’ve turned out to be the right decision. We have to give him the summer transfer window to build his own team , although I have my suspicions it will resemble St Mirren 2020/21 but on higher wages.

Unfortunately the failed Glass experiment has put us in this situation, DC felt the pressure and went for what he saw as a relatively safe option in Goodwin and the fact that we paid for him he has avoided being lambasted for going for a cheap option.

Anyway, last game of a dreadful season tomorrow so let’s just be happy we are still in the league …..what a shocking thing to have to be saying .

I think he should be relieved of his duties, his man management is shocking and there will be plenty of good coaches to go for in a couple of weeks.

pieandbovrilman
13-05-2022, 08:51 AM
I think he should be relieved of his duties, his man management is shocking and there will be plenty of good coaches to go for in a couple of weeks.

I agree that there are question marks over his man management skills BB but we can’t become one of these clubs that goes through 2 or 3 managers a season, that is a recipe for disaster. I actually think Goodwin was a rushed appointment and we should’ve taken our time over it a bit more .

Bisconti's balls
13-05-2022, 09:56 AM
Tottaly, never ideal changing so often but Goodwin surely has to hit the ground running, or it's tattie byes.

Red Zone
13-05-2022, 10:37 AM
Tottaly, never ideal changing so often but Goodwin surely has to hit the ground running, or it's tattie byes.

There is no doubt that Goodwin has not had the impact you might have hoped for as a new manager, but I still put that mainly down to the squad that Glass and to an extent McInnes left him with. The dross that Glass signed or resigned was incredible and added virtually nothing to our future

Ramirez - good start but now sulked and won't be back
Brown - good against sevco but not much else, also sulked after Glass left
Jet - complete failure
Jenks - big (handball) goal against St J as it now turns out but otherwise a failure
Longstaff - complete failure
Watkins - too injury prone
Samuels - complete failure
Polvara - jury still out
Woods - bombscare
Gallacher - major reason for our inability to keep a clean sheet
Bates - see Gallacher
Besuijen - jury still out, spends too much time falling over which refs have already sussed
Gurr - complete failure
McGinn - resigned but added virtually nothing

We critisised McInnes for his hit and miss transfers but at least he had some decent hits. I have never seen such a collection of failures by a single manager in a single season as that list above so I have some sympathy for what Goodwin has been forced to work with especially when you add in that Ferguson and likely Ramsey want away so are not exactly busting a gut for him.

I am happy to judge Goodwin on both who he signs and who he empties this Summer before getting on the "sack him bus" but there is no doubt he has used up most of his goodwill with the fans already so I agree he needs to get off to a good start next season or the pressure will be on him

Bisconti's balls
13-05-2022, 10:55 AM
There is no doubt that Goodwin has not had the impact you might have hoped for as a new manager, but I still put that mainly down to the squad that Glass and to an extent McInnes left him with. The dross that Glass signed or resigned was incredible and added virtually nothing to our future

Jet - complete failure
Jenks - big (handball) goal against St J as it now turns out but otherwise a failure
Polvara - jury still out
Woods - bombscare
Bates - see Gallacher
Besuijen - jury still out, spends too much time falling over which refs have already sussed
Gurr - complete failure

We critisised McInnes for his hit and miss transfers but at least he had some decent hits. I have never seen such a collection of failures by a single manager in a single season as that list above so I have some sympathy for what Goodwin has been forced to work with especially when you add in that Ferguson and likely Ramsey want away so are not exactly busting a gut for him.

I am happy to judge Goodwin on both who he signs and who he empties this Summer before getting on the "sack him bus" but there is no doubt he has used up most of his goodwill with the fans already so I agree he needs to get off to a good start next season or the pressure will be on him

Good post RZ! I just hope the signings will be a huge improvement.

Redbull666
13-05-2022, 12:31 PM

Jet - complete failure
Polvara - jury still out
Woods - bombscare
Bates - see Gallacher
Gurr - complete failure

Probably can't blame McInnes too much as there's virtually a whole team there. Shocking to think we need a major summer rebuild after we just had a major summer rebuild. I'm actually glad we're not in Europe...more time to get players in.

ToonsClock4am
13-05-2022, 01:55 PM

Exactly. All day long. If it takes a pumping tomorrow for it to happen then bring it on.

ToonsClock4am
13-05-2022, 02:00 PM
I agree that there are question marks over his man management skills BB but we can’t become one of these clubs that goes through 2 or 3 managers a season, that is a recipe for disaster. I actually think Goodwin was a rushed appointment and we should’ve taken our time over it a bit more .

If we change manager after Sunday then it will be two managers this season. Has happened many times before. **** happens.

ToonsClock4am
13-05-2022, 02:02 PM

Dreadful quote. Why the hell not?

Jupiter
13-05-2022, 05:55 PM
It's obvious that Cantwin is a numpty so the logical thing is to fire him as quickly as possible. We don't want him signing a load of former St Mirren players in the summer and then having to fire him in the autumn.

pieandbovrilman
13-05-2022, 07:25 PM

Because he’s inherited a squad full of dross ,you have to give him the summer to sign his own dross (probably half of St Midden) and when that doesn’t work out then you sack him. That’s how it works unfortunately, especially when you have a chairman who doesn’t like to admit he’s wrong , we could be in an even worse state than we are now by the time ,if/when, he realises that Jimmy G isn’t up to the task.
Good times !

pieandbovrilman
13-05-2022, 09:11 PM

Because he’s inherited a squad full of dross ,you have to give him the summer to sign his own dross (probably half of St Midden) and when that doesn’t work out then you sack him. That’s how it works unfortunately, especially when you have a chairman who doesn’t like to admit he’s wrong , we could be in an even worse state than we are now by the time ,if/when, he realises that Jimmy G isn’t up to the task.
Good times !

nice1simmy
13-05-2022, 11:44 PM
Good times !

That disnae make sense min,sack him now or wait until Autmnn then sack him and wish we had sacked him now?
We all know he inherited dross but he's managed to turn that dross into playing worse than Glass had them playing and thats an achievement,if we lose Sunday then serious questions need asked about JG.
I thought he was a panic appointment but i thought he'd steady the ship,so far there's no sign of that....

NaeMairNeeps
14-05-2022, 12:35 AM
Does onybody seriously think Goodwin had a decent chance o' demostratin' signs o' success/improvement wi the shower he inherited?

Maybe it's jist me, but a team o' players deemed worthy o' wearin the famous red, and paid accordinly shouldna be finishin a ba'hair above the relegation zone even if a mince pie well past it's sell by date wis appointed as manager wi Ozzy Osbourne installed as Director o' fitba and Mr Blobby as head coach.

The points are bein' lost on the pitch .. nae by tactics, but by shortcomins and, all too often, sheer incompetence as individuals and as a team.

A professional footballer might nae want tae play for a certain manager, but cross that white line, and it's the folk fa' buy tickets they need tae want tae play for - if nae themsels and each ither ffs.

Ah think we agree that there are too many in the current squad fa are simply nae good enough (tae put it mildly). By all accounts, Goodwin himself also agrees, and it it is a situation over which he has as yet had no possibility to change.

So let's reserve judgement until he can. One transfer window to clear out the crap and bring in better, and a wee bit o' time tae get them playin' as a functional team .... and if the signs are there that it's workin', then give him a second transfer window.

I dinna see any advantage whatsoever bringin in another manager of the standard we can attract, and expectin' the guy tae rebuild a team he has little time tae study between the final game o' the season and the end o' the transfer window.

Judge Goodwin on what he actually has some control over ... the summer transfer window is realistically the first test.

donsdaft
14-05-2022, 06:15 AM
While I agree he needs the summer to put things right, it's not his first test, it's his secone test, he failed his first one.

pieandbovrilman
14-05-2022, 06:54 AM
That disnae make sense min,sack him now or wait until Autmnn then sack him and wish we had sacked him now?
We all know he inherited dross but he's managed to turn that dross into playing worse than Glass had them playing and thats an achievement,if we lose Sunday then serious questions need asked about JG.
I thought he was a panic appointment but i thought he'd steady the ship,so far there's no sign of that....
No it disna mak sense but that’s how this chairman operates. It didna make sense to appoint Glass but he did it, he should’ve been sacked before Christmas but he wasn’t so the chances of DC pulling the trigger now on JG are slim to none. The chairman will not want to admit he’s made a mistake twice in a row.