PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2022 thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bisconti's balls
13-05-2022, 10:53 AM
Rogic leaving celtic can't believe he's only 29. I feel we should be trying to get him. But at 29 he'll get a good pay day abroad, maybe if brown was still here he could've been persuaded

donsdaft
13-05-2022, 11:15 AM
Let’s just be thankful that Brown isn’t still here.

No doubt I’ll have plenty moans as the summer unfolds but one big rule.

No loans from Celtic or god forbid, the huns.

Bisconti's balls
13-05-2022, 11:16 AM
No Timmy are realising Tommy etc

donsdaft
13-05-2022, 11:30 AM
Extending loans counts as well.
Tell Montgomery to go and f’uck himself.

pieandbovrilman
13-05-2022, 12:00 PM
Extending loans counts as well.
Tell Montgomery to go and f’uck himself.
Definitely no loans from any of the ugly sisters . Tom Rogic will get a move to a championship club for several times the wages we could offer.

Bisconti's balls
13-05-2022, 12:05 PM
Definitely no loans from any of the ugly sisters . Tom Rogic will get a move to a championship club for several times the wages we could offer.

I'll be pissed ot if montys loan is being extended. And Rogic will get a move to a QPR or a Blackburn.

rico94
13-05-2022, 05:23 PM
Probably get slaughtered for saying this but I think we should try to get Shinnie back.

Been absolutely zero fight in the team this season,well maybe Brown was up for it when we were playing the Huns but apart from that he didn’t look interested.

ToonsClock4am
13-05-2022, 05:44 PM
Probably get slaughtered for saying this but I think we should try to get Shinnie back.

Been absolutely zero fight in the team this season,well maybe Brown was up for it when we were playing the Huns but apart from that he didn’t look interested.

Going back rarely works. Shinnie was ok, that's about it. Far too many needless fouls which led to bookings. Has he kicked on at all in his career since the Dons? Big no from me regardless. Time to look forward, not back. Hopefully another new manager search is well under way this time next week.

Jupiter
13-05-2022, 05:53 PM
The best thing about the summer is that we can't lose any more games.

rico94
13-05-2022, 05:57 PM
Shinnie was a lot better than being ok.Done a hell of a lot more for us than Brown ever did who seemed to get a cult following for scoring a header against the Huns.

pieandbovrilman
13-05-2022, 07:15 PM
Going back rarely works. Shinnie was ok, that's about it. Far too many needless fouls which led to bookings. Has he kicked on at all in his career since the Dons? Big no from me regardless. Time to look forward, not back. Hopefully another new manager search is well under way this time next week.

I think Shinnie deserves a wee bit more credit than just being ok for us , he was sorely missed when he left . I do agree that going back very rarely works out though . As far as his career after us goes I’m pretty sure he was highly regarded at Derby but they had no option but to sell him /release him due to financial difficulties.

Bisconti's balls
13-05-2022, 07:43 PM
Shinnie would still do a job. But we need a Hedges type mid player more than a shinnie type.

Shetland Don
13-05-2022, 11:25 PM
Shinnie would still do a job. But we need a Hedges type mid player more than a shinnie type.

Shinnie did well for us, though he lacked composure at times, but he always drove the team forward with a sense of urgency which set the tone for others in the the team. He had pace on the flanks too, with McGinn and Hayes, and Rooney to knock the goals in. That team was decent without being great.

Those days are long gone - now we are completely shyte and far short of decent, unfortunately - don’t go back in for former players based on how we remember them. Every dog has its day!

Bisconti's balls
14-05-2022, 08:11 AM
Chiedozie Ogbene apparently.

neilthedon
14-05-2022, 08:54 AM
Chiedozie Ogbene apparently.

25 yrs old. Right Wingback. " Lightning speed ". And full Irish Internationalist. has been know to score goals.

Replacement for C. Ramsey.

Good start ? Stir in J. McGrath , coming back all humble from Wigan.
Thon other Irish boy at Smirren , on loan from Wolves ?

Now we just need to think up another Irish Striker and and another Irish Centreback ?

Bisconti's balls
14-05-2022, 09:09 AM
25 yrs old. Right Wingback. " Lightning speed ". And full Irish Internationalist. has been know to score goals.

Replacement for C. Ramsey.

Good start ? Stir in J. McGrath , coming back all humble from Wigan.
Thon other Irish boy at Smirren , on loan from Wolves ?

Now we just need to think up another Irish Striker and and another Irish Centreback ?

Did you hear the rumour re Ogbene also?

neilthedon
14-05-2022, 09:50 AM
No. Just read your post .

Ticks all the boxes though,eh ?

May well be on the radar of a bunch of championship sides , with more wages to splash though ?

Bisconti's balls
14-05-2022, 09:58 AM
No. Just read your post .

Ticks all the boxes though,eh ?

May well be on the radar of a bunch of championship sides , with more wages to splash though ?

Tottaly ticks all the boxes.
Well Rotherham are up to the championship so he'll probably stay there. Or like you say other championship clubs will be on for him.

TheDeeDon
14-05-2022, 02:59 PM
I'm not a lover of players coming back, but would have Shinnie in a heartbeat. We need someone like him to lead the team, but very unlikely though.

sheepcrooky
15-05-2022, 03:27 PM
I'm not a lover of players coming back, but would have Shinnie in a heartbeat. We need someone like him to lead the team, but very unlikely though.

Agreed on both points. We need a leader and someone who will drive our team on. Bar possibly Hayes, we have no leaders. Someone needs to rile up our team. Shinnie could be that man.

sonofrgmsdad
29-05-2022, 02:56 PM
P&J reporting that the Dons have a 26yo Albanian (born in Germany) defensive midfielder Ylber Ramadani undergoing a medical prior to a move here.

donsdaft
29-05-2022, 02:59 PM
Oh no.

It'll be Tiranarama all over again.

Cormack, tory b'astard.

edit: MTK just got relegated, I have no idea of the quality of the player.
Glad to see they are scouting Europe properly though.

Jupiter
29-05-2022, 03:25 PM
I thought Cantwin only wanted players who had played for him at St Mirren.

I'd be happier if we signed some strikers instead, we don't really need more defensive midfielders

RED_JOHN
29-05-2022, 03:44 PM
I'd be happier if we signed some strikers instead, we don't really need more defensive midfielders

This is going to be like a Derek McInnes transfer window…defensive players in abundance.

InversneckieDob
29-05-2022, 03:54 PM
I'm sure he'll turn out to be proper horsh1t, like a total wage thief........what with being foreign and all.

57vintage
29-05-2022, 04:29 PM
I thought Cantwin only wanted players who had played for him at St Mirren.

Having freed McGeouch and Ojo, with Ferguson obviously choking to get away, with Jenks back at Brighton, Polvara still being tested, and Barron likely at some point to suffer a loss of form typical of players of his years, I think midfield needs as much shoring-up as the rest of the squad.

Maybe that’s just me, like.

Jupiter
29-05-2022, 04:51 PM
Having freed McGeouch and Ojo, with Ferguson obviously choking to get away, with Jenks back at Brighton, Polvara still being tested, and Barron likely at some point to suffer a loss of form typical of players of his years, I think midfield needs as much shoring-up as the rest of the squad.

Maybe that’s just me, like.

Last seasons biggest problem was scoring goals. We only have one striker who has pissed off to America and doesn't look like coming back .

donsdaft
29-05-2022, 04:53 PM
History min
History

57vintage
29-05-2022, 04:55 PM
Last seasons biggest problem was scoring goals. We only have one striker who has pissed off to America and doesn't look like coming back .

“…as the rest of the squad”

InversneckieDob
29-05-2022, 05:03 PM
“…as the rest of the squad”

FFS min, you canna expect folk to actually read posts and make reasoned assessments.

This is not a time for reasoned thinking, its a time for snap judgements and anger.

Do keep up.

57vintage
29-05-2022, 05:42 PM
Dinna you “FFS min” me. 😡

I’ll read the rest of your message later in the week.

InversneckieDob
29-05-2022, 05:50 PM
Club's gan to the fu cking dogs.

Auldtoontoby
29-05-2022, 05:50 PM
Well, another few copper coins added to the transfer kitty, well done Scott McKenna,voted MOM too

RED_JOHN
29-05-2022, 09:30 PM
Well, another few copper coins added to the transfer kitty, well done Scott McKenna,voted MOM too

Hopefully someone will sign him from them also so we can get even more dough. We might be then able to convince one of our St.Mirren related targets to sign for The Michty.

Bisconti's balls
30-05-2022, 10:52 AM
I think Ramadandy will prove to be a decent signing.

pieandbovrilman
30-05-2022, 11:04 AM
Stop yer yibbering min

Bisconti's balls
30-05-2022, 11:06 AM
What ye about?

Bisconti's balls
30-05-2022, 11:09 AM
Stop yer yibbering min

Oh ok is that a joke as his 1st name is YIber ? Haha

pieandbovrilman
30-05-2022, 02:23 PM
Oh ok is that a joke as his 1st name is YIber ? Haha

It sure was min, did ye think I was trying to take the p!ss?

pieandbovrilman
30-05-2022, 02:26 PM
Thon young loon wi the richt rare name awa to sign for the huns apparently.

Bisconti's balls
30-05-2022, 07:44 PM
Yeah read it in a rush lol

Bisconti's balls
02-06-2022, 09:25 AM
Just been told from my source that a signing shall be announced today.

neilthedon
02-06-2022, 12:43 PM

Go ask him whats happening will you BB ?

Nothing so far in the news.

RED_JOHN
02-06-2022, 03:56 PM

For our club or another one?

redscot
02-06-2022, 04:02 PM

"my source" XD

Bisconti's balls
02-06-2022, 05:01 PM
Sorry must be tomorrow it's being announced.

Shetland Don
02-06-2022, 05:32 PM
Sorry must be tomorrow it's being announced.

5.5 hours till midnight.

sonofrgmsdad
03-06-2022, 09:43 AM

Nae that reliable this source it appears.

Bisconti's balls
03-06-2022, 09:51 AM
Well I'm just relaying what I'm told, person has been right before like before it went public.

pieandbovrilman
03-06-2022, 11:16 AM
Well I'm just relaying what I'm told, person has been right before like before it went public.

I’m sure he’ll come through for you BB………in BB’s source we trust!

Bisconti's balls
03-06-2022, 05:50 PM
Hearing the club have made a booboo we the Albanian. Something about visa being rejected for him. Who knows wouldn't be surprising to hear the club have f ucked up.

redscot
03-06-2022, 06:29 PM
Hearing the club have made a booboo we the Albanian. Something about visa being rejected for him. Who knows wouldn't be surprising to hear the club have f ucked up.

Is your "source" other internet forums?

InversneckieDob
03-06-2022, 06:34 PM
I blame Norman Wisdom.

Bisconti's balls
03-06-2022, 06:58 PM
Is your "source" other internet forums?

Haha no it's someone I know but he's been right about a few signings before. For instance he told me shinnie might cone back 3 days or so before there was an article about it.

Jussi
03-06-2022, 08:05 PM
Hearing the club have made a booboo we the Albanian. Something about visa being rejected for him. .

probably won't be so lucky with the next signing

neilthedon
04-06-2022, 09:03 AM
I've seen similar happen in the past tho VB. Some Gadgie says something online and a few days later a lazy weegie journo writes the rumour as copy for their rag . "Look it's true !!!"

neilthedon
04-06-2022, 09:05 AM
Here's one " My Postie , who's daughter trains with Leeds woman's team , told me Leeds have beaten Liverpool to signing Calvin Ramsey ". You read it here first !!!

donsdaft
04-06-2022, 09:43 AM
That’s the better move for Ramsey

Bisconti's balls
04-06-2022, 10:56 PM
Tim youngster on loan Jesus H !

nice1simmy
04-06-2022, 11:47 PM

Your source was right after all...

redscot
05-06-2022, 07:24 AM
My level of hatred to Cormack and his clowns is starting to go off the scale. Old scum players on loan, again, really?

donsdaft
05-06-2022, 07:56 AM
Awe f'uck

No deals with tims or huns and certainly no f'uckin loan deals.

To think I was practically running a one man boycott with the Christie loan deal.
Now our position of fawning inferior is there for ALL to see.

Bisconti's balls
05-06-2022, 08:33 AM
Liam Scales. 23 year's old. If it's a permanent signing ok but it'll be a loan! So they can **** off we that! Club is becoming so diddy.

RED_JOHN
05-06-2022, 09:04 AM
What an exciting left sided central defender

No laughing at the back

donsdaft
05-06-2022, 09:08 AM
I was trying to summon up some interest in the upcoming season.
That's f'ucked it though.

Bugger off somewhere else Goodwin.

neilthedon
05-06-2022, 09:11 AM
Reports mention both permanent and loan signing , with option to buy.

Celtic WOULD ask for that . After all the Christie deal wirked very very well for them. So why wouldn't we accept that again ?

From our side , I'd say it's crucial that Cormack stands firm for a permanent transfer . For obvious reasons.

Now over to you Stephen Gunn. Let's see your hardcore negotiating skill.........

Bisconti's balls
05-06-2022, 09:15 AM
What an exciting left sided central defender

No laughing at the back

I genuinely think the club like fu cking off the fans with the bull s**** they talk.

I'm sure this is a back up to the LCB player they were talking about who's obviously knocked us back

Bisconti's balls
05-06-2022, 09:24 AM

My level of hatred to Cormack and his clowns is starting to go off the scale. Old scum players on loan, again, really?

Ditto! I can't stand the c u n t he's a lying twaaat, and that fkn hunter interview we JG where he's bigging up cormack, it's so nauseating

Don Julio
05-06-2022, 09:25 AM
Controversial I know, but how about we wait to see if it’s a loan or permanent before getting our collective knickers in a twist?

Sorry, rush of blood to the head.

Bisconti's balls
05-06-2022, 09:32 AM

Controversial I know, but how about we wait to see if it’s a loan or permanent before getting our collective knickers in a twist?

Granted, but it will be a loan. It worked well for them re Christie, and we will accept it unfortunately.

Red Zone
05-06-2022, 09:42 AM

I'm with you. A collective deep breath required all round

Bisconti's balls
05-06-2022, 09:50 AM
But the thing is it most certainly wont be a permanent deal. The Christie deal worked out perfect for them so that's the route they will want to take.

RED_JOHN
05-06-2022, 09:58 AM

If that is an exciting player, I would dread to think what the rest will be! XD

Red Zone
05-06-2022, 10:09 AM
If that is an exciting player, I would dread to think what the rest will be! XD

I didn't listen to the Goodwin interview but if he did use the word exciting in conjunction with a defender signing then he was just being stupid as almost by definition fans never get excited by any defensive signing. Fans only get excited by players that will potentially score or create goals.

In our current situation I am perfectly happy with dull boring signings that can actually defend (even if that means row Z clearance defenders) just as long as we can start keeping clean sheets again as that is the foundation to actually winning games

neilthedon
05-06-2022, 10:11 AM
Ditto! I can't stand the c u n t he's a lying twaaat, and that fkn hunter interview we JG where he's bigging up cormack, it's so nauseating

Here`s the thing. You don`t slag your ( fairly ) new boss off publicly
until you realise you cannot get the work done properly because of him.

Once he`s got a team on the park, and winning games , he will have more leverage.

Until then, smile at the crocodile.................

neilthedon
05-06-2022, 10:13 AM
To be honest, when he said we would be excited by the signing ;

I was expecting it to be somethin akin to Jack Hendry from Bruge for 4 million. ?

( This Tic loan thing may be a big smokescreen in our ongoing negotiations with Bruge over the fee of the real deal.......)

( You heard it here first !!!

( Contact : My Postie again . He knows STUFF !! )

neilthedon
05-06-2022, 10:14 AM
You could say our David Bates is an " exciting " player. Heart in mouth sort of exciting !!

neilthedon
05-06-2022, 10:19 AM
Just as a balance of that viewpoint :

IF we were to manage to negotiate a loan deal with option to buy , where Celtic were OBLIGED to sell us the player at an agreed fixed price / AND we were theonly party in that deal to decide Yea or Ney. That owuld would be a good loan deal ?

( I can`t see that happening though, as Celtic can afford to play the long game with their player. Finance won`t be an issue for them. All dpends on their current future Centre Back options, eh ? One thing that could swing it , is if the player gets restless and foregoes part of his contract to get a move. Was McRorie thing like that ? )

Mason89
05-06-2022, 10:49 AM
I’m not against loaning players, it just shouldn’t happen between teams in the same league. Those two c*nts in particular.

No good can come from it & it looks really, really bad

Bisconti's balls
05-06-2022, 10:54 AM
Here`s the thing. You don`t slag your ( fairly ) new boss off publicly
until you realise you cannot get the work done properly because of him.

Once he`s got a team on the park, and winning games , he will have more leverage.

Until then, smile at the crocodile.................

I like the analogy NTD 😄

Bisconti's balls
05-06-2022, 12:23 PM

Yup! He's saying the scales interest is because we coudnt agree terms with the original LCB goodwun mentioned in the hunter interview

InversneckieDob
05-06-2022, 12:29 PM

FFS, stop being so fu cking reasoned, this is no time for reasoned debate.

57vintage
05-06-2022, 01:10 PM
FFS, stop being so fu cking reasoned, this is no time for reasoned debate.

Too right. That sort of thing’s just Commie talk.

Pearson must go.

Er…boo.

redscot
05-06-2022, 02:14 PM
XD

If another loan from the Old scum is ok it just shows Cormacks ambition and its on a level with Milnes.

Milnes ambition for Aberdeen FC was very low.

Redrab1903
05-06-2022, 04:51 PM
XD

If another loan from the Old scum is ok it just shows Cormacks ambition and its on a level with Milnes.

Milnes ambition for Aberdeen FC was very low.

I am actually in shock that Goodwin is trying to pass Scales as an exciting signing.
This particularly shows how far detached he is from the supporters and our expectations. It may have been an exciting signing at St Mirren but I am afraid I do not see it as a signing the fans can get excited about.
It is hardly a coup and slightly irked by what he thinks will get us excited. A Celtic sub !!
Nice one Jim that will shift the season tickets!!
I will give him a chance as I am not a football manager or have any experience as one but I am fearful about next season! Or surely we can’t have a worse season than the last.
What on earth has happened to our club?

Jupiter
05-06-2022, 05:02 PM
This is more evidence that Cantwin is a f@cking idiot

InversneckieDob
05-06-2022, 05:29 PM
1. Let's wait and see if it's a loan or a signing;
2. Let's wait and see if this is indeed the transfer in respect of which the sobriquet "exciting" was utilised;

Or is that happy-clapper talk?

redscot
05-06-2022, 07:25 PM
I am actually in shock that Goodwin is trying to pass Scales as an exciting signing.
This particularly shows how far detached he is from the supporters and our expectations. It may have been an exciting signing at St Mirren but I am afraid I do not see it as a signing the fans can get excited about.
It is hardly a coup and slightly irked by what he thinks will get us excited. A Celtic sub !!
Nice one Jim that will shift the season tickets!!
I will give him a chance as I am not a football manager or have any experience as one but I am fearful about next season! Or surely we can’t have a worse season than the last.
What on earth has happened to our club?

I actually want to give Goodwin a chance, i really dislike Cormack/Milne though.

donsdaft
05-06-2022, 07:50 PM
I want to give Goodwin a chance

But an appalling start is now being followed by borrowing players from the tims.

That’s really really unacceptable.

Jupiter
05-06-2022, 07:59 PM
Cantwin has had long enough already. He hasn't done anything right so far.

InversneckieDob
05-06-2022, 08:21 PM
I want to give Goodwin a chance

But an appalling start is now being followed by borrowing players from the tims.

That’s really really unacceptable.
That's been confirmed has it?
The loan signing?

donsdaft
05-06-2022, 08:27 PM
I’ve no idea, I get all my information on here

If it’s a loan though, they can get tae f’uck

blowupsheep
06-06-2022, 03:13 AM
I didn't listen to the Goodwin interview but if he did use the word exciting in conjunction with a defender signing then he was just being stupid as almost by definition fans never get excited by any defensive signing. Fans only get excited by players that will potentially score or create goals.

In our current situation I am perfectly happy with dull boring signings that can actually defend (even if that means row Z clearance defenders) just as long as we can start keeping clean sheets again as that is the foundation to actually winning games

Unfortunately I did watch and listen to the interview and yes can confirm he did stupidly use the phrase "fans will get excited about" on the incoming left sided defender. He also stupidly decided to tell players with crucial league fixtures still to play that they did not have a future at Aberdeen and then stupidly expected them to give their all for the club, and he stupidly still stands by that decision.
He was a stupid lazy appointment of a manager that should not be anywhere near our club, and it grim times ahead for sure.
This tim pr1ck we are being linked with IF!!!! its a loan then Oddwin should be sacked n the spot and w@nk stain Cormack should go with him, its a permanent deal then I hope to fk we are not wasting any cash on the lad, surely at best it sheould be a free transfer as he is sh!te.

we are all doomed I tell ya, doomed.
But don't panic and SF

NaeMairNeeps
06-06-2022, 03:16 AM
Ah kinda want tae stick ma oar in re. loan players, but Ah fear ma info might be old!

Ye see,the norm way back in 19-oat-cake wis, the lendin' club paid the wage ..... in accordance wi' the player's contract .... but the borrowin club took care o' the player.

..... In which case, loans are a crackin good thing .... if there's a particular position/role needs filled ... and ye canna buy the right guy for the job ... yet.

But Ah gather ... and as much as Ah wish it was sh!te, that a wage share is usually agreed .... and that's far the trouble starts ;)

RED_JOHN
06-06-2022, 07:23 AM
I imagine we won’t get many players in this month as it would mean paying them for absolutely no financial return. It’s not as if signing the likes of Scales is going to sell season tickets no matter how exciting he is for Jim Goodchin. July should be a better month for numbers coming in as we will be getting desperate for new players in place for the group stages of the league cup qualifiers. I am chuffed that Dave Cormack runs the show now, he has been a breath of fresh air.

Bisconti's balls
06-06-2022, 08:12 AM
I imagine we won’t get many players in this month as it would mean paying them for absolutely no financial return. It’s not as if signing the likes of Scales is going to sell season tickets no matter how exciting he is for Jim Goodchin. July should be a better month for numbers coming in as we will be getting desperate for new players in place for the group stages of the league cup qualifiers. I am chuffed that Dave Cormack runs the show now, he has been a breath of fresh air.

Goodchin 🤣

Bisconti's balls
06-06-2022, 08:16 AM
If its a loan Goodwin can gtf and c u n t cormack can gtf the pos !! But they have more than enough happy clappers to keep them focused

Donanddusted
06-06-2022, 08:24 AM
Maybe we'll do a swap or give them money and a player ..
https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/connor-barron-attracts-celtic-interest-27152546

neilthedon
06-06-2022, 08:59 AM
https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/connor-barron-attracts-celtic-interest-27152546

No no no. !!!

mondo_notion
06-06-2022, 09:18 AM

Contracted to 2024 I think. I think he'll be with us for another season or 2.

donsdaft
06-06-2022, 10:39 AM
But if Celtic ask then we'll have to do as we're told.

donsdaft
06-06-2022, 10:52 AM
Albania are playing tonight, worth a watch?

Auldtoontoby
06-06-2022, 10:57 AM
Good shout DD

Donanddusted
06-06-2022, 12:27 PM

Could we not just buy their national team players for £3.67?

neilthedon
06-06-2022, 12:51 PM
Could we not just buy their national team players for £3.67?

We only just crept past that " Shendijka " a few years ago. Played them in Macedonia, but apparently they`re ethnic Albanians ? Backed by some milliionaire gadgie. Seen their performances in Europe since then, they`re climbing more than we are.

I`d reckon most of the Albanian team are playing in foreign Leagues and earn more than we can pay already ?

Ach, mebbes No !! I`m just too negative !!

Donanddusted
06-06-2022, 12:55 PM
I get it. It's just the name of the country brings up associations of poverty.
That could be thirty years ago given my attention to former eastern block states.

donsdaft
06-06-2022, 02:10 PM
I know Hungarians who like to go there on holiday because they say it's a great place.

They also are amazed how cheap it is.

Given that most Scots are amazed how cheap Hungary is then it must be cheap.

This guy we have supposed to sign was playing in Hungary though.

It's going to be a fair culture shock moving from Budapest to Aberdeen.

neilthedon
06-06-2022, 04:00 PM
I know Hungarians who like to go there on holiday because they say it's a great place.

They also are amazed how cheap it is.

Given that most Scots are amazed how cheap Hungary is then it must be cheap.

This guy we have supposed to sign was playing in Hungary though.

It's going to be a fair culture shock moving from Budapest to Aberdeen.

True. But then again he also played in Denmark. And that`s a wee place too ?

57vintage
06-06-2022, 04:27 PM
I get it. It's just the name of the country brings up associations of poverty.
That could be thirty years ago given my attention to former eastern block states.

Proper Mannies’ Albania was allied with China rather than being part of the Warsaw Pact, both believing that the USSR and its allies were diluting Marxism-Leninism. They fell out for good in 1978.

I think the pair of pricks Alex Salmond and Kenny McAskill now own it. Salmond has a way of circumventing tax payments if we shell them some western cash.

donsdaft
06-06-2022, 07:38 PM

Oor lad is a sub.

But they look bloody good, a damn site better than Scotland onyway.

neilthedon
06-06-2022, 07:52 PM
Oor lad is a sub.

But they look bloody good, a damn site better than Scotland onyway.

What channel is t on ?

( Went to Hesgoal, and by jiingo , they`ve dropped showing UEFA games !! )

donsdaft
06-06-2022, 08:17 PM
VIP have it

donsdaft
06-06-2022, 08:40 PM
Came on for the last 10/15 minutes.
Got involved and seemed to push forward quite well.

ByeByeScum2012
06-06-2022, 08:46 PM

We’ll soon knock that out of him 🙈

blowupsheep
07-06-2022, 06:27 AM

We’ll soon knock that out of him ��

Was just thinking exactly the same, :blue:

Bisconti's balls
07-06-2022, 08:22 AM
We're diddy! If we accept it then it'll help in the long run

neilthedon
07-06-2022, 09:36 AM
We're diddy! If we accept it then it'll help in the long run

Fair enough. ( Erm, what we talking about here ? )

Bisconti's balls
07-06-2022, 09:47 AM
Fair enough. ( Erm, what we talking about here ? )

AFC in general bud, I mean Ipswich's number 2 goalie and it looks like its only a loan we can manage, also scales will be a loan only for him to return to celtic in Jan or next summer a better player & were back in the same boat of needing a LCB.. And the fact yet again were losing out on our main targets.

neilthedon
07-06-2022, 12:33 PM
AFC in general bud, I mean Ipswich's number 2 goalie and it looks like its only a loan we can manage, also scales will be a loan only for him to return to celtic in Jan or next summer a better player & were back in the same boat of needing a LCB.. And the fact yet again were losing out on our main targets.

Lets give it a couple of weeks , eh ?

Things have to seem worse before they can get better .

donsdaft
07-06-2022, 12:42 PM
The window doesn't open until the 10th anyway doesn't it?

Managers are probably away on holiday, even if it's just for a couple of weeks.

It's the talk of borrowing players that worries me, especially from the tims.

Bisconti's balls
07-06-2022, 12:53 PM
The window doesn't open until the 10th anyway doesn't it?

Yes but pre contracts can be done now as that'll be the market were mainy looking at players who's contracts are about to end.

Managers are probably away on holiday, even if it's just for a couple of weeks.

It's the talk of borrowing players that worries me, especially from the tims.

Lets give it a couple of weeks , eh ?

Things have to seem worse before they can get better .

Oh god min don't say that! They better nae get worse I'll nae cope 🤣

nice1simmy
07-06-2022, 01:27 PM

How do you know we're losing out on our main targets? Your unreliable source again?

Bisconti's balls
07-06-2022, 02:24 PM
How do you know we're losing out on our main targets? Your unreliable source again?

Well what's your guess as we were told by goodbin 5-6 weeks ago we were talking to good players. Ronan won't be here and neither will shinnie or any of those apparently good Dutch 2nd division players we were talking to.

nice1simmy
07-06-2022, 02:45 PM

Well what's your guess as we were told by goodbin 5-6 weeks ago we were talking to good players. Ronan won't be here and neither will shinnie or any of those apparently good Dutch 2nd division players we were talking to.

i'll just nae pish ma punts like you and others on here,these things take time,work permits etc

Bisconti's balls
07-06-2022, 05:31 PM
i'll just nae pish ma punts like you and others on here,these things take time,work permits etc

Pishing punts isn't really the reason why I and some may voice concern, well maybe some do but for me it's just annoyance as we're bound to have missed out on some targets as we're just not the same attraction as we maybe once were.

Ahh never mind me I'm just a melancholy c u n t 😅

neilthedon
07-06-2022, 07:01 PM
Aye , there you go.

We get the Ramsey to Liverpool deal over the line : it'll be bang half a mill on Ronan Fae Wolves , and bang another 400k here and 250k there for a couple of Goodwin's first choice boys.

Saw mentioned a loan from Wigan for McGrath. Nah nah. £200k bang.........

donsdaft
07-06-2022, 07:21 PM
Pishing punts isn't really the reason why I and some may voice concern, well maybe some do but for me it's just annoyance as we're bound to have missed out on some targets as we're just not the same attraction as we maybe once were.

Ahh never mind me I'm just a melancholy c u n t ��

Of all the adjectives available, I would never have chosen melancholy.

Bisconti's balls
08-06-2022, 08:55 AM
Aye , there you go.

We get the Ramsey to Liverpool deal over the line : it'll be bang half a mill on Ronan Fae Wolves , and bang another 400k here and 250k there for a couple of Goodwin's first choice boys.

Saw mentioned a loan from Wigan for McGrath. Nah nah. £200k bang.........

Now that would be a good chain of events.

nice1simmy
08-06-2022, 11:25 AM
Well we wont be signing RCC fae Ross Coonty,he's just signed for some Belgian team.
Sack Goodwin

donsdaft
08-06-2022, 11:43 AM
Iduaotsot,uwffs

Bisconti's balls
08-06-2022, 01:08 PM
Ylber Ramandandandy is confirmed.

nice1simmy
08-06-2022, 02:23 PM

Sack Goodwin. Cormack oot.
Taken far too long to make a signing

57vintage
08-06-2022, 03:05 PM
The Edinburgh Argos Huns now being quoted as the favourites to get Connor Ronan to sign from Kevin Rowland's Wolves. I imagine on loan, since there must be doubts about their ability to find £0.5m in loose change chucked at opposition corner-kickers.

If we have £1m coming in for McKenna, and a hefty wedge upfront for Ramsay, surely there's scope for us to make KR's W's a near offer and reel him in with a non-consolidated signing-on payment to avoid holing the wage structure below the water line.

Available for consultancy on such matters to Aberdeen FC and Keith FC. Mates' rates, like.

Bisconti's balls
08-06-2022, 05:25 PM
Our first signing of the Summer earlier today and what 2 comments? Sad is this as P&B isn't great tbh & no way would I join afc chat. Anyway be good to hear from Ramadani in his first interview in a week ir 2.

donsdaft
08-06-2022, 06:13 PM
There’s not much to comment about that hasn’t been said already.
We don’t know the player, he’s coming from a team that has just been relegated.

Welcome min, all the best.
Just don’t expect Union St. to look and feel like Andrassy Ut.

RED_JOHN
08-06-2022, 06:44 PM
Our first signing of the Summer earlier today and what 2 comments? Sad is this as P&B isn't great tbh & no way would I join afc chat. Anyway be good to hear from Ramadani in his first interview in a week ir 2.

Good luck to the fella but he isn’t the type of signing who is going to gather a lot of interest. We need players who can bang them in so we can muster more enthusiasm. Plus the fact he isn’t a left sided central defender because those players are the new exciting ones.

blowupsheep
09-06-2022, 04:30 AM

Welcome to the dons min and all the best.
Good luck as you are going to fkn need it.

TheDeeDon
09-06-2022, 06:50 AM
Good luck to the fella but he isn’t the type of signing who is going to gather a lot of interest. We need players who can bang them in so we can muster more enthusiasm. Plus the fact he isn’t a left sided central defender because those players are the new exciting ones.

Who are we realistically going to be signing that would generate much interest with our budget? For me right now Shinnie would be as good as it gets for us to sign someone to get excited about and I doubt that will happen.

We have signed a player who is unknown to most of us, but who can hopefully go on and make a name for himself with us and I hope that we have at least managed to sign a player who isn't afraid of the ball, that would be a good start.

Other clubs have had a bit of success with players from Europe, so hoping we can start finding a few too.

Welcome to Aberdeen Yiber.

The Goodwin revolution has started.

RED_JOHN
09-06-2022, 07:32 PM
Who are we realistically going to be signing that would generate much interest with our budget? For me right now Shinnie would be as good as it gets for us to sign someone to get excited about and I doubt that will happen.

We have signed a player who is unknown to most of us, but who can hopefully go on and make a name for himself with us and I hope that we have at least managed to sign a player who isn't afraid of the ball, that would be a good start.

Other clubs have had a bit of success with players from Europe, so hoping we can start finding a few too.

Welcome to Aberdeen Yiber.

The Goodwin revolution has started.

A couple of strikers in would certainly generate more interest. Signing defensive players is the easier bit of the transfer business….getting good forward players take a bit more effort. Goodchin said he doesn’t want lazy type signings so I will watch this transfer window a bit more closely to see if he is true to his word. The odds are against him

TheDeeDon
10-06-2022, 07:03 AM
A couple of strikers in would certainly generate more interest. Signing defensive players is the easier bit of the transfer business….getting good forward players take a bit more effort. Goodchin said he doesn’t want lazy type signings so I will watch this transfer window a bit more closely to see if he is true to his word. The odds are against him

Sadly nobody gives a f*** about our game and attracting players is becoming harder every year for all teams, including the bigot brothers. No manager will find it easy to sign players for any position who can be guaranteed quality at the money we are offering. Bringing through our own players, which we seem to be getting better at and scouting the European market are possibly our best options, along with loans from other clubs, preferably from outside Scotland but not to the detriment of our own youth. Also the rejects from the EPL academies, of which there are many, must be worth a shot too.

I do suspect a couple of 'lazy' signings will be heading our way as we get closer to the season kicking off as no manager was going to fix us in one window.

donsdaft
10-06-2022, 07:42 AM
Also the rejects from the EPL academies, of which there are many, must be worth a shot too.

They never have been up till now.

A reject is a reject, no matter how high and mighty the club rejecting them is.

Bisconti's balls
10-06-2022, 08:15 AM
I'm hearing maybe another signing announcement today and if not I'm telling my source to f uck off 🤣

Feck_the_Huns
10-06-2022, 02:19 PM
They never have been up till now.

A reject is a reject, no matter how high and mighty the club rejecting them is.

Eh? So a player from the best academy in the country is deemed sh1te cos he can’t break into their first team, and gets rejected?

donsdaft
10-06-2022, 02:22 PM
Nobody said s'hite.

But unlikely to be good enough to play for the Dons.

Christ, it's not like we haven't tried it before.

I don't know whether part of it is that their head is still with arsenal or whatever and they think they are too good to be at Pittodrie or whether they are just the "nearly" sort, whichever team they are almost part of.

Feck_the_Huns
10-06-2022, 02:23 PM
The Hat is just a cesspit just now. The ratio of good guy/Cnut used to be 60/40 but now it’s 20/80

Feck_the_Huns
10-06-2022, 02:25 PM
Nobody said s'hite.

But unlikely to be good enough to play for the Dons.

Christ, it's not like we haven't tried it before.
So your saying that any player binned from Citeh, Liverpool or ManU is unlikely to be good enough for the Famous?
Sweeping comment, like
It’s simple poor scouting, that had us ending up with that Citeh chump a few years back, or Alex Notman.

donsdaft
10-06-2022, 02:57 PM
Are we going to start a list of absolute tossers we have had that nearly made it elsewhere.
That could be a big list.

TheDeeDon
10-06-2022, 03:20 PM
We have had players on loan from clubs in England who mostly turned out to be shyte, but I can't ever recollect us signing a young lad from England after he was released by his club.

The big clubs down their sign so much players they don't know what to do with them with many binned at a young age and nobody is going to ever convince me they are all shyte.

donsdaft
10-06-2022, 03:58 PM
Of course they're not all s'hite.

But most will be players who peaked at the age of 13 or failed to make it for some other reason, like a reluctance to put in the work.

There players probably won't make it at Liverpool or Cowdenbeath.

InversneckieDob
10-06-2022, 05:23 PM
Are we going to start a list of absolute tossers we have had that nearly made it elsewhere.
That could be a big list.
Barry Nicholson and Shay Logan did OK, Shinnie and Jess were at Deadco as bairns and got jettisoned.
There's nae hard and fast, some that get dumped by bigger clubs come out like Charlie Big-Spuds and make fu ck all of it, some come out with an "I'll show them" heid and kick on.
It's an art rather than a science, that one.
Andy Robertson got binned by raselickbyrawaybutbigman, he's turned out arite.

RED_JOHN
10-06-2022, 08:23 PM
Of course they're not all s'hite.

But most will be players who peaked at the age of 13 or failed to make it for some other reason, like a reluctance to put in the work.

There players probably won't make it at Liverpool or Cowdenbeath.

My own lad (who is only 10) has attracted interest from Blackpool FC. How the hell can Blackpool spot a player in our 2011’s football but no one in Scotland makes a real effort? For the record Aberdeen FC….I am biased but also a coach and haven’t seen a better player at that age. My point being that players will be missed by clubs but mostly because they don’t put in the effort.

Bisconti's balls
10-06-2022, 08:41 PM
At the end of the day Steven gunn is the worst person for his job the trampy looking jakie

Donanddusted
10-06-2022, 09:04 PM
My own lad (who is only 10) has attracted interest from Blackpool FC.

I bet you give him hell after a couple of bad displays.

RED_JOHN
10-06-2022, 09:31 PM
I bet you give him hell after a couple of bad displays.

I got on at him after he scored a goal because he said something ridiculous. I apologised later because he isn’t normally so cocky and just told him to celebrate any way he wants from now on. He plays mostly in central midfield and he beat two players in his own half and fired a shot right into the top corner to put his team 2-1 up. He done that daft Ronaldo stance and shouted out “that’s just what I do!”. He obviously just got a buzz from scoring that goal but I said stop the cockiness and go and get another. He did score the first also…flicked the ball up and lobbed it over the defender who was coming to tackle him and goalkeeper who was scrambling back to save it. Last season I put him in an older team to try to up his game and it has worked wonders. I know I am hard to please football wise but he has reignited my love of the game.

Mason89
11-06-2022, 07:33 AM
I’ve got a couple of friends who’ve got kids in the pro youth set up. Apparently Hearts are pumping everyone, including the big English clubs. They’ve got a set of twins that everyone’s after but they’re quite posh & their mums f*cking them off to boarding school XD

RED_JOHN
12-06-2022, 05:15 AM
I’ve got a couple of friends who’ve got kids in the pro youth set up. Apparently Hearts are pumping everyone, including the big English clubs. They’ve got a set of twins that everyone’s after but they’re quite posh & their mums f*cking them off to boarding school XD

Broken Hearts for everyone connected with the twins football…except the mum, she will get peace when her kids are getting an expensive education whilst staying in a room that is the size of a small shed.

NaeMairNeeps
12-06-2022, 06:53 AM
Somebody needs tae gie her a slap! ... Ordinarily, Ah wid nivver advocate the slappin o' any wifie ... nor mannie for that matter .... but ....

Ah've this loon ... fa's incredibly clever ... left school wi' qualifications which wid mak Unis fight ower him .... he chose tae work part time in retail.

In daein so, he has gathered an amazin wealth o' insight and skill in dealin wi REAL ... and nae quite so real folk.

There was a point in time far Ah could hae said ... "Wise up! ... yer gan tae fkn uni! pack yer bugs an get tae fk!"

But Ah didna ... Ah left him tae enjoy eez young life, earnin a fraction o' fit he is worth, but happy in eez job, He will, as he has stated, go tae Uni some time ... and Ah ken he'll be fine - havin already passed an Open Uni course in eez spare time atween gettin pissed wi eez pals an' shaggin onythin that moves (as opposed tae takin advantage o' onythin a non movin' nature ... cos that wid be jist so fkn wrang! ).

My boy dd so well at school, he was recommended for a place in some scheme for 'gifted' kids ... me and his mum told them tae fk off ... we would rather hae a fkn socially confident son than a fkn statistic.

If he had been intae fitba ... we would hae supported his wishes jist as much as we supported his '**** Uni, Ah'm gonna work part time at the Co-opy' decision.

If onybody kens these twins ... please teach them the words '****' and 'off' ;)

RED_JOHN
13-06-2022, 07:36 PM
Any further signings or has Dave Cormack gave up? He is probably still in hiding right enough.

nice1simmy
13-06-2022, 09:06 PM
Any further signings or has Dave Cormack gave up? He is probably still in hiding right enough.

Most people wish you'd give up

Don Julio
14-06-2022, 07:34 AM
According to the papers we’re keen on a deal for MTK Budapest forward Bojan Miovski, and Dean Campbell is off to Stevenage Town on loan (just up the road from me - do you think the loon fancies Sunday lunch?).

RED_JOHN
14-06-2022, 07:46 AM
Most people wish you'd give up

Anyone that knows me will tell you I never give up. Just because Dave Cormack is making a mess of football side (and the most important) of Aberdeen FC is not my fault….I just highlight his failings for those that try to ignore the obvious.

donsdaft
14-06-2022, 08:33 AM
Pre season training starts in a couple of days doesn't it?

I thought we wanted all our signings to be in place before that.

We'll be waiting for the Ramsey deal to be finalised I suppose.

57vintage
14-06-2022, 08:57 AM
Anyone that knows me will tell you I never give up. Just because Dave Cormack is making a mess of football side (and the most important) of Aberdeen FC is not my fault….I just highlight his failings for those that try to ignore the obvious.

“My name is Norman Bates, I’m just a normal guy”.

RED_JOHN
14-06-2022, 09:23 AM
“My name is Norman Bates, I’m just a normal guy”.

Will you take offence if I call you Master? Nice to meet you Norman

sonofrgmsdad
14-06-2022, 09:59 AM

Same every season. McInnes said it, Glass said it and Goodwin said it. Never happens. Don't know why they bother knowing it won't happen.

blowupsheep
14-06-2022, 12:26 PM

Was just thinking exactly the same pal, situation normal I guess it's the old "tell the fans what they want to hear and then fail to deliver"
The next thing we will be hearing is the "big name exciting" players that we almost signed.

Really am sick and tired of the way our club is being ran,

Shetland Don
14-06-2022, 02:23 PM

We'll be waiting for the Ramsey deal to be finalised I suppose.

Maybe that’s our business done and dusted and the new Albanian boy will be transformative to our fortunes by banging in 40 goals a season and shoring up our defence too by covering back! A real box to box player I have no doubt.

Feck_the_Huns
14-06-2022, 03:19 PM

Is your name Derek?

Bisconti's balls
14-06-2022, 05:03 PM
Ramirez back. He'sike a new signing ��

Shetland Don
14-06-2022, 06:29 PM
Ramirez back. He'sike a new signing ��

He had better stop sulking and start to re-apply himself otherwise he’ll soon be jettisoned by Mr G. His mate Glass was sacked but Ramirez still needs to earn a salary to take care of his family whichever side of the Pond they are on. He can still score goals I’m sure but he needs good service as he’s not very mobile but I’m sure Mr G will cut him some slack if he starts to bang the goals in again. .

Feck_the_Huns
14-06-2022, 07:10 PM
He had better stop sulking and start to re-apply himself otherwise he’ll soon be jettisoned by Mr G. His mate Glass was sacked but Ramirez still needs to earn a salary to take care of his family whichever side of the Pond they are on. He can still score goals I’m sure but he needs good service as he’s not very mobile but I’m sure Mr G will cut him some slack if he starts to bang the goals in again. .

Doubt it. He’ll be training with the reserves. MLS window not open till July so he’s here only to pick up his wages then he’ll be back across the Atlantic

RED_JOHN
14-06-2022, 10:19 PM
Is your name Derek?

The Derek we had managing our team gave up…try again. XD

Bisconti's balls
15-06-2022, 08:52 AM
Toby looks to be signing this week. Slightly underwhelming but heyho

blowupsheep
15-06-2022, 08:58 AM
Slightly underwhelming but heyho
As is and has been everything associated with our club since that wannabe yank and his fkn ego and prawcess took over at the helm. Total w@nk stain of a man and until he fks off we will continue to be totally underwhelmed.
We are all doomed I tell ya, doomed.

donsdaft
15-06-2022, 09:13 AM
Toby looks to be signing this week. Slightly underwhelming but heyho

Who on earth is Toby?

donsdaft
15-06-2022, 09:20 AM
When I first went to watch Hungarian football, I thought it was a'right but wondered how the teams would cope against the mighty Dons.

Now we're signing players from MTK who have just been relegated.

Of course, I wish Ramadani and possibly a young centre forward all the best.
I sincerely hope that they turn out to be great signings.
I have always pushed for us to look in the central European market.

Nothing much exciting happening though is there.

I believe they are back at Cormack Park today, I very much doubt that Ramadani will be there, so no new signings at first days training.

PittodriePile
15-06-2022, 03:50 PM
Dean Campbell confirmed as having left for Stevenage on a season long loan

Red Zone
15-06-2022, 04:57 PM
Who on earth is Toby?

Tobias Lauritsen, a Norwegian forward we are apparently meant to be looking at (29 goals in 111 games for Odd)

Jupiter
15-06-2022, 05:08 PM
Isn't it a bit early to be starting pre season training?

donsdaft
15-06-2022, 05:09 PM
Yes but it's ok.
There's nobody left to train.

57vintage
15-06-2022, 05:12 PM
Anyone training during the upcoming RMT industrial action is a filthy scab.

donsdaft
15-06-2022, 05:55 PM
Good opportunity to drive a train.

If they don’t want their jobs they can leave.

RED_JOHN
15-06-2022, 05:59 PM

You are going off rail again

phuxachemin
15-06-2022, 06:19 PM
You are going off rail again

Time we got this thread back on track

Donanddusted
15-06-2022, 06:41 PM
This is the age of the train.

57vintage
15-06-2022, 08:17 PM
Good opportunity to drive a train.

If they don’t want their jobs they can leave.

Wrong union min. ASLEF is the drivers’ union, and they recently decided that the work/life balance to which caring capitalists XD and weaselly politicians claim to subscribe - until it’s put to the test - was more important than voluntary Sunday working and overtime. It won them a 5% wage increase. Not the union’s fault that the frachisees fail to employ enough staff to allow the 4-day week that’s a current aspiration. Drivers have difficulty in working from home. Good work, ASLEF.

The RMT’s membership covers most, but not all, other railway workers - ticket office staff, guards, barrier staff, refreshment trolley and buffet wranglers etc, and most importantly, Network Rail staff responsible for signalling, and track and infrastructure safety. If they’re taking action, the trains don’t move. They’re actually not saying they ‘don’t want the job’, as part of the dispute is about the threat to Network Rail jobs, eg on-board staff redundancies, ticket office closures and reduced opening hours - a bit like having no fuucking walk-up cash gate at Pittodrie. These workers are as innocent as you and me for inflation galloping towards 10%, and home energy bills soaring like the sitter Davie Robb missed from six yards oot against Clyde in the 1970 Scottish Cup tie.

Next up: the GMB nae emptying your bucket, NHS staff and teachers saying ‘fuuck it, patronising virtue-signalling applause on a Thursday night helps not a sausage in being able to afford a half-pun of them fae Morrice the Butcher’.

Just a tiny flex of the muscle so far.

donsdaft
15-06-2022, 08:53 PM
We've been through all this before, you know what we end up with.

Maggie Thatcher.

RED_JOHN
15-06-2022, 08:55 PM
Wrong union min. ASLEF is the drivers’ union, and they recently decided that the work/life balance to which caring capitalists XD and weaselly politicians claim to subscribe - until it’s put to the test - was more important than voluntary Sunday working and overtime. It won them a 5% wage increase. Not the union’s fault that the frachisees fail to employ enough staff to allow the 4-day week that’s a current aspiration. Drivers have difficulty in working from home. Good work, ASLEF.

The RMT’s membership covers most, but not all, other railway workers - ticket office staff, guards, barrier staff, refreshment trolley and buffet wranglers etc, and most importantly, Network Rail staff responsible for signalling, and track and infrastructure safety. If they’re taking action, the trains don’t move. They’re actually not saying they ‘don’t want the job’, as part of the dispute is about the threat to Network Rail jobs, eg on-board staff redundancies, ticket office closures and reduced opening hours - a bit like having no fuucking walk-up cash gate at Pittodrie. These workers are as innocent as you and me for inflation galloping towards 10%, and home energy bills soaring like the sitter Davie Robb missed from six yards oot against Clyde in the 1970 Scottish Cup tie.

Next up: the GMB nae emptying your bucket, NHS staff and teachers saying ‘fuuck it, patronising virtue-signalling applause on a Thursday night helps not a sausage in being able to afford a half-pun of them fae Morrice the Butcher’.

Just a tiny flex of the muscle so far.

Any mention of a new player coming to the Dons? Save me reading utter dribble.

57vintage
15-06-2022, 09:07 PM
Any mention of a new player coming to the Dons? Save me reading utter dribble.

You don’t seem to have the same restraint in writing it, unfortunately.

I think you may mean ‘drivel’. It’s odd that you’ve made that error since you’re the fuucking tedious expert (by default, I expect) in spewing it out interminably in these here parts.

donsdaft
15-06-2022, 09:15 PM
Waiting for the Ramsey sale.
Five new players to be unveiled on Monday.

Provided they can get up by train.

57vintage
15-06-2022, 09:20 PM

That’s the worst limerick so far.

donsdaft
15-06-2022, 09:30 PM
To Scousers the Dons made a sale.
But the lad tried to get there by rail.
He spent his vacation
Stuck at the Joint Station
Which caused the whole transfer to fail.

57vintage
15-06-2022, 09:34 PM
To Scousers the Dons made a sale.
But the lad tried to get there by rail.
He spent his vacation
Stuck at the Joint Station
Which caused the whole transfer to fail.

Applause.

RED_JOHN
16-06-2022, 06:09 AM
You don’t seem to have the same restraint in writing it, unfortunately.

I think you may mean ‘drivel’. It’s odd that you’ve made that error since you’re the fuucking tedious expert (by default, I expect) in spewing it out interminably in these here parts.

It was a actually meant fella….keeping on topic relating to football.

Donanddusted
16-06-2022, 06:57 AM

Jim'll fix it for them.

nice1simmy
16-06-2022, 11:23 AM
Being reported Ramsay deal is done
£4M up front and £2.5M in add on's later
Thought we'd get more so hopefully not true

DondyDan
16-06-2022, 11:51 AM
Being reported Ramsay deal is done
£4M up front and £2.5M in add on's later
Thought we'd get more so hopefully not true

BBC saying we have accepted £4.5m + £3m in add-ons and a 20% sell on clause.

sonofrgmsdad
16-06-2022, 12:51 PM

Is this a Bisconti type prediction?

PittodriePile
16-06-2022, 12:53 PM
BBC saying we have accepted £4.5m + £3m in add-ons and a 20% sell on clause.

Too many numbers being reported to know what to believe. I'll go with this one though as it looks to be the best out of the bunch. Glad it's reaching a conclusion, hopefully now we can put the money towards decent signings of our own and pronto. I wish Calvin all the best, brilliant move for the young lad, hope it works out for him. He'll be out on loan next transfer window if you ask me.

Red Zone
16-06-2022, 01:17 PM
Whether it's £4M or £4.5M plus £2M or £2.5M or £3M it's a sh1tload of money (on top of the McKenna money plus likely a bunch more from selling Ferguson to come) so no excuses now for not getting our finger out and starting to bring in the new players we need for next season.

Over to you Messrs Cormack/Gunn/Mowbray/Goodwin

Bisconti's balls
16-06-2022, 01:27 PM
Whether it's £4M or £4.5M plus £2M or £2.5M or £3M it's a sh1tload of money (on top of the McKenna money plus likely a bunch more from selling Ferguson to come) so no excuses now for not getting our finger out and starting to bring in the new players we need for next season.

Over to you Messrs Conmack/Tramp/Mowbray/Goodwan

Fixed it.

Bisconti's balls
16-06-2022, 01:29 PM
Bojan Miovski looks to be a no goer! Toby will be announced today or tomorrow

donsdaft
16-06-2022, 01:32 PM
Is this a Bisconti type prediction?

Yes.

Shetland Don
16-06-2022, 02:48 PM

I have no time for Unions and the Scargill/Hatton types who claim to be left wing militants - remember what Hatton did after his political “career”!? Shameless. How many normal workers in the private sector are guaranteed annual wage increases funded by the taxpayers!?

57vintage
16-06-2022, 02:56 PM

“We’ve got a pandemic to pay for”.

“Look at all the corporate money we lost out on”.

“Have you SEEN the cost of electricity to keep the floodlights on?”

“Those banners at the back of the Mainer on Pittodrie Street cost a small fortune”.

“Deferred wages, Jonny’s delayed signing-on fee…”

“Sanitiser, masks, a big hoor of a bottle of Dettol fae Lidl busted our Opex budget”.

“Loans from Crewe Alexandra ensure our wage structure’s integrity is maintained”.

Etc etc etc

57vintage
16-06-2022, 03:10 PM
I have no time for Unions and the Scargill/Hatton types who claim to be left wing militants - remember what Hatton did after his political “career”!? Shameless. How many normal workers in the private sector are guaranteed annual wage increases funded by the taxpayers!?

Noted.

TheDeeDon
16-06-2022, 03:39 PM
I think £4.5 million for Ramsay, if true, is a great deal for us. Now we just need to hope they can harness that potential he clearly has and make us a bit more money further down the line.

Despite not being a lover of Liverpool FC, I wish him nothing but the best.

Now we just need to worry about spending a little of that cash and making our own first team better and hopefully we can possibly get a player on loan from Liverpool and thinking more in the Danny Ward mould than the the boy McLaughlin.

Donanddusted
16-06-2022, 04:05 PM

If we have to buy any player, clubs will be noting what we have made in this sale and adding a bit on.

RED_JOHN
16-06-2022, 08:04 PM
Our transfer window is getting more ridiculous as we have now been knocked back from trying to loan a nobody goalkeeper from Sheffield Wednesday.
Some of you thought I was kidding when I suggested Cormack has given up. He will grab all the money he can get and sneak out of being Aberdeen chairman probably on health reasons.

bucky1973
16-06-2022, 08:09 PM
Our transfer window is getting more ridiculous as we have now been knocked back from trying to loan a nobody goalkeeper from Sheffield Wednesday.
Some of you thought I was kidding when I suggested Cormack has given up. He will grab all the money he can get and sneak out of being Aberdeen chairman probably on health reasons.

Would being sick of your moaning be a health reason ?

donsdaft
16-06-2022, 08:14 PM
trying to loan a nobody goalkeeper from

For god sake, how many times?

The word is borrow.

RED_JOHN
16-06-2022, 08:16 PM
Would being sick of your moaning be a health reason ?

I don’t moan that much. You have to admit if we can’t entice a pathetic loan deal for a fringe Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper then something must be wrong?

RED_JOHN
16-06-2022, 08:18 PM
For god sake, how many times?

The word is borrow.

XD

Whatever the case….I reckon me and you could get better deals for Aberdeen. Gunn and Cormack are totally inept.

RED_JOHN
16-06-2022, 08:24 PM
We should start scouting Sunday league teams…they will be fitter than some of our players anyway so that will be a great start.

DondyDan
16-06-2022, 08:31 PM
XD

Whatever the case….I reckon me and you could get better deals for Aberdeen. Gunn and Cormack are totally inept.

I was going to correct your grammar there but realised you were deliberately getting your personal pronouns wrong in jest.

RED_JOHN
17-06-2022, 06:15 AM
To top our transfer window off….have we not borrowed the Scales lad from Celtic yet? (I certainly hope not)

If Gunn would like to hand in his resignation and Cormack would like to step aside due to health reasons, I will personally step in and take over the reigns for the season and get this transfer window stepping up quite a few gears so we can go about our football business in a more adequate fashion.

donsdaft
17-06-2022, 07:15 AM
The word "loan" does seem to be creeping into the conversation more and more.

No doubt we're all set to "swoop" before the window "slams shut"

I don't want to be pessimistic, I'll give it another week before I press the panic button.

This Norwegian guy, I hope he does really well for us, but his career so far does sound a wee bit Sam Cosgrove.

Donanddusted
17-06-2022, 08:53 AM
This Norwegian guy, I hope he does really well for us, but his career so far does sound a wee bit Sam Cosgrove.

What a roller coaster that was.
Actually, it was more like driving fast without steering or brakes.

RED_JOHN
17-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Question for fellow posters…..Rangers have made it known they are going to be keeping a close eye on my lad when his football starts up again in August, what would you do? XD

donsdaft
17-06-2022, 07:28 PM
Hopefully your lad has been brought up well enough to tell them to f’uck right off.

Sidney77
17-06-2022, 09:31 PM
Question for fellow posters…..Rangers have made it known they are going to be keeping a close eye on my lad when his football starts up again in August, what would you do? XD

What age is the lad and which region are you in?

RED_JOHN
17-06-2022, 09:35 PM
Hopefully your lad has been brought up well enough to tell them to f’uck right off.

He has other’s showing an interest so he could well have options. Pity the Dons aren’t currently an option for him as I haven’t heard of them scouting our area. I have advised him to just keep enjoying playing football and everything else will take care of itself.

Br0chred
17-06-2022, 11:16 PM

You make his life hell until he chucks them.
Just think, what if he became a massive superstar for them and won them all sorts of euro trophies, leagues and cups regularly scoring and winning against the Dons... how could you live with yourself? would you happily jog along with your butcher's apron and get up to your knees etc. Vomit.
I suppose one consolation might be that you would head off to the Bears den and give us some respite from your constant negativity

nice1simmy
17-06-2022, 11:48 PM

He has other’s showing an interest so he could well have options. Pity the Dons aren’t currently an option for him as I haven’t heard of them scouting our area. I have advised him to just keep enjoying playing football and everything else will take care of itself.

Quite simple,tell the huns to f@ck off and harass Aberdeen to give him a trial.
Knowing the sh!te you post constantly your probably on the windup

RED_JOHN
18-06-2022, 05:55 AM
Quite simple,tell the huns to f@ck off and harass Aberdeen to give him a trial.
Knowing the sh!te you post constantly your probably on the windup

If you seen him play, you would know I am certainly not on the wind up. I have had other coaches tell me that players of their team are being watched etc and in a match around a month ago a team had two of their midfielders being scouted…they didn’t get near him. Football is a simple game, it’s only the coaches who aren’t that brave that make it more complicated than necessary. I prefer the attitude of trying to out score the opposing team. I will not encourage my lad to go to a team who set up to play counter attacking football. It’s all that is wrong with the modern game as the vast majority of teams who play that way are dross.

The_Moog
18-06-2022, 12:30 PM

Like Zammo should have - you just say no.

Pretty hard to play good fitba when you cant sleep at night when you realise you’ve sold out on all personal integrity - loon canna have that burden.

Look at their scum support - imagine playing for that?

Fuuckin gads…

Shetland Don
18-06-2022, 12:49 PM
Best advice I can give is to stick in with his studies but to try to enjoy his football at the same time. Scouting networks cast their nets far and wide for obvious reasons. The percentage of those that actually make it is tiny. All the stars have to align to make it as a professional footballer and more beyond that to earn a decent living. It’s great to have aspirations but he should be equally aware that there are many, many other options if he doesn’t make it as a professional footballer and that statistics tell us that most don’t.

donsdaft
18-06-2022, 05:44 PM
Hmmm, local press now at stage 2 of the signing process.

1/ Get all signings in by pre-season

2/ All target signings impressed* but haven't actually signed yet.

3/ Probably includes the phrase " narrowly missed out on"

* impressed with Cormack Park apparently , but most think that naming a training ground after yourself is a bit naff.

donsdaft
18-06-2022, 05:48 PM
Reminds me a little of the business plan* I put together which so impressed my bank manager all those years ago.

1/ Collect underpants

2/ ?????? **

3/ Profit

* with thanks to South Park
** I'm still at stage 2

ByeByeScum2012
19-06-2022, 07:13 AM
Millwall allegedly offering £1.5m for Ferguson.

That’ll be laughed out of court but considering how p!sh he was last season it’s probably a fair offer.

Bisconti's balls
19-06-2022, 08:26 AM
Millwall allegedly offering £1.5m for Ferguson.

That’ll be laughed out of court but considering how p!sh he was last season it’s probably a fair offer.

Some apparent dons fans want us to sell him for like 400k coz there special Mongols

donsdaft
19-06-2022, 08:45 AM
What’s that strange noise?

It’s the wifie Ross* turning in her grave.

* my primary 7 teacher

Donanddusted
19-06-2022, 08:51 AM
The season hasn't even started and the MSM has started the negative stories
Must be a game coming up against one of the cheeks.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-considine-drops-aberdeen-exit-27271487

donsdaft
19-06-2022, 08:57 AM
That’s hardly news is it?

Nothing to write about?
Have a go at Aberdeen.

Bisconti's balls
19-06-2022, 09:29 AM
Ok ok 100% 2 signings will be announced by Wed/Thu. As that was the deadline for there decisions.

donsdaft
19-06-2022, 09:32 AM
Or two failures to sign.

Donanddusted
19-06-2022, 10:24 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61857066
Calvin Ramsay: Liverpool sign Aberdeen right-back for £4.2m

Ofeeshul?

DondyDan
19-06-2022, 11:39 AM
F*ck me, twice on one page from the same culprit. It's E I R

Bisconti's balls
19-06-2022, 12:37 PM
Fs now we lose Ramsay. Good deal I guess. The club better be announcing some good signings soon!!

RED_JOHN
19-06-2022, 12:45 PM
We are supposedly looking at a right back from Tranmere….£400,000 should seal the deal. He was let go by Birmingham as they thought he wasn’t up to much. 26 year old (Josh Dacres-Cogley)
The big question is….where is this exciting left sided central defender?!

Jussi
19-06-2022, 12:55 PM
If Liverpool think he's good enough for them , then they're not paying near enough.

lesser club financially , Everton , paid 3 times as much for Patterson I believe it - initially £12M

Bisconti's balls
19-06-2022, 01:09 PM
We are supposedly looking at a right back from Tranmere….£400,000 should

He's sitting at Lennoxtown twiddling his thumbs

Bisconti's balls
19-06-2022, 01:12 PM
I see to get full details of the deal you'll need to look at liverpools announcement as our club always keep us in the dark

Redbull666
19-06-2022, 04:17 PM
If Liverpool think he's good enough for them , then they're not paying near enough.

lesser club financially , Everton , paid 3 times as much for Patterson I believe it - initially £12M

...or maybe Everton paid too much? I suppose you could argue he's a few years older and
was playing regularly for the national team which might bump up the price. Rangers should be in a desperate position but people seem to think they don't have to sell their players...or that's the impression they give. Maybe we got a better sell on clause than the Huns? Might be worth more in the end. Fact is, we need the money right now or we won't have a team.

donsdaft
19-06-2022, 04:27 PM
Precisely

So much for not having to sell.

If we’d taken this to the wire then we were f’ucked.

The Ferguson money can pay for the extra couple of players at the last minute.

Redbull666
19-06-2022, 04:51 PM
Precisely

So much for not having to sell.

If we’d taken this to the wire then we were f’ucked.

The Ferguson money can pay for the extra couple of players at the last minute.

But £1.5m would be an insult, as Ferguson is also a Scotland squad regular with a good amount of domestic experience under his belt. Unless he's nearly out of contract...in which case we missed our chance for a good wedge.

vasilyrats86
19-06-2022, 04:57 PM
We are supposedly looking at a right back from Tranmere….£400,000 should seal the deal. He was let go by Birmingham as they thought he wasn’t up to much. 26 year old (Josh Dacres-Cogley)

What do Birmingham know? They gave us good cash for Sam and sent him out to Shrewsbury, Wimbledon et al

Bisconti's balls
19-06-2022, 05:35 PM
Tobias Toby has scored a goal vs molded
. must be trying to impress someone

Bisconti's balls
19-06-2022, 06:45 PM
Looking at a Turkish based player. A midfielder i think

donsdaft
19-06-2022, 08:00 PM
Hopefully, this time next week it'll be looking better.