PDA

View Full Version : Brucie performance makes us 15th

bordering
26-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Results since Bruce came we'd have finished 15th

And the board think he is the answer to promotion

With him we are exactly what Peace said we are a mid table championship team.

Bombers right foot
26-05-2022, 12:48 PM

This is a manager who thinks Adam Reach is the answer to our problems and wants to reintegrate Zohore to the first team.
This dinosaur will be gone by Xmas, leaving us even further behind

billsbest
26-05-2022, 01:16 PM
I think we have to remember he has not yet been able to bring in anyone he wants. I remain cautiously optimistic for next season if he can bring in a couple of midfielders and a forward.

Dubbag
26-05-2022, 01:24 PM
I think we have to remember he has not yet been able to bring in anyone he wants. I remain cautiously optimistic for next season if he can bring in a couple of midfielders and a forward.
I can't see that changing with the budget he will have ....

WBA1955
26-05-2022, 02:40 PM
I've given up on next season already.

Albionic68
26-05-2022, 03:46 PM

Surrender monkey 😉 .

Prando
27-05-2022, 06:00 PM
I can't see that changing with the budget he will have ....
I agree with both comments.
Signing new ‘quality’ players is one thing - ‘managing out’ expensive existing players is another.
I would expect Bruce’s own contract terms and conditions incorporate both the above. Indeed, ‘signing new’ and ‘managing out old’ will be dependent upon each other. The latter I suspect is the more difficult.
Zohore, for example, allegedly cost up to £8m and is amongst the top wage earners. Any sale would incur a substantial loss and therefore impact upon the new signings budget. Maybe a ‘re-integration’ programme would assist in Bruce’s sale or loan options ? Indeed, maybe his attitude and commitment would improve…yes I know about pigs flying as well !
Always trying to find the positive!

Dubbag
27-05-2022, 07:29 PM
I agree with both comments.
Signing new ‘quality’ players is one thing - ‘managing out’ expensive existing players is another.
I would expect Bruce’s own contract terms and conditions incorporate both the above. Indeed, ‘signing new’ and ‘managing out old’ will be dependent upon each other. The latter I suspect is the more difficult.
Zohore, for example, allegedly cost up to £8m and is amongst the top wage earners. Any sale would incur a substantial loss and therefore impact upon the new signings budget. Maybe a ‘re-integration’ programme would assist in Bruce’s sale or loan options ? Indeed, maybe his attitude and commitment would improve…yes I know about pigs flying as well !
Always trying to find the positive!

While I have been critical of players this season (normally stay clear of that) due to the lack of professionalism displayed by the majority of the playing squad....I can console myself that I haven't spent vast sums of my earnings watching what can only be described as pure dross at the best of times this season.
But any player that has not been moved on and was a part of the shambolic affair of a season just finished, I would attempt to rehabilitate and that includes Zohore et al.........give them a period of time to Christmas say.......and if no improvement then get rid of.......
The squad is most likely going to be made up 90% of last season so may as well give them one more chance but thats it.....

baggieal
27-05-2022, 07:44 PM

Drink 8 pints of cider Des and in your head we could romp the league next season 😭

Leicesterbaggie
28-05-2022, 10:42 AM
While I have been critical of players this season (normally stay clear of that) due to the lack of professionalism displayed by the majority of the playing squad....I can console myself that I haven't spent vast sums of my earnings watching what can only be described as pure dross at the best of times this season.
But any player that has not been moved on and was a part of the shambolic affair of a season just finished, I would attempt to rehabilitate and that includes Zohore et al.........give them a period of time to Christmas say.......and if no improvement then get rid of.......
The squad is most likely going to be made up 90% of last season so may as well give them one more chance but thats it.....

I can't argue with that but we must delve into the market to a certain extent, There are quite a few very good players out there who are out of contract and if we can get rid of some players then we must take advantage of this. We've made a start by signing Swift but we do need a couple more.

soulman101
28-05-2022, 10:49 AM
Lets look forward to the new season, wipe the slate and get behind the Gaffa and the team COYB

Dubbag
28-05-2022, 11:29 AM
I can't argue with that but we must delve into the market to a certain extent, There are quite a few very good players out there who are out of contract and if we can get rid of some players then we must take advantage of this. We've made a start by signing Swift but we do need a couple more.
I would be surprised if we add many more. I think the squad will be reworked and that may improve things a little.
But clearly there will be very little new money made available.
So I feel it may have the remainder made up of our usual loans and some over the hill players getting a pension top up for little or no real input to the playing squad.
This is our recent history in transfers...

Bombers right foot
28-05-2022, 03:32 PM
Lets look forward to the new season, wipe the slate and get behind the Gaffa and the team COYB

You are probably right but if Bruce still plays Bartley, Livermore, Reach,Robinson and god forbid Zohore then he deserves any flak that come his way

baggieal
28-05-2022, 03:54 PM
You are probably right but if Bruce still plays Bartley, Livermore, Reach,Robinson and god forbid Zohore then he deserves any flak that come his way

I agree Bomber and useless Phillips won’t be playing anyway as he will be in the treatment room again or he won’t fancy the rain😭

boingy
28-05-2022, 06:41 PM

That's how I feel. Bruce will "Give it a go" but his record is dire for stringing wins together. He would have to have his best season ever to get back in the Prem. So don't hold your breath.

Bombers right foot
29-05-2022, 10:08 AM

That's how I feel. Bruce will "Give it a go" but his record is dire for stringing wins together. He would have to have his best season ever to get back in the Prem. So don't hold your breath.

Why can’t we find a ‘Huddersfield’ type of manager who has innovation, new ideas, has various plans not just a plan A, he is called the professor by his players for the way he works
Bruce, Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce, Hughes, Houghton and the rest are all yesterday’s men, time to move on and be progressive
I hope Huddersfield make it today they deserve a lot of credit in the way they have played this season