PDA

View Full Version : Stax Volt tour 67

soulman101
03-06-2022, 07:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUk1WTAReyE

Omegstrat6
04-06-2022, 06:54 AM
Booker T & the MGs, Sam and Dave and the incomparable Otis Redding-what's not to like? Enjoyed watching that again so thanks for posting👍

Q165
06-06-2022, 08:30 PM
The Stax tours were brilliant. There had never been anything like them here

soulman101
06-06-2022, 08:44 PM
I've got a new guitar coming on Wednesday.
It's a thin line telecaster, rear of the guitar is solid ash, the front of the guitar is made with a lovely piece of English yew with a river flow purple resin running through it. Finished with cellulose

Omegstrat6
07-06-2022, 03:41 AM
I've got a new guitar coming on Wednesday.
It's a thin line telecaster, rear of the guitar is solid ash, the front of the guitar is made with a lovely piece of English yew with a river flow purple resin running through it. Finished with cellulose

Very nice! Not heard of that finish before, you'll have to post a photo. once you get it. My brother had a Tele that was bright orange with a white scratch plate but despite it's garish appearance it was a lovely guitar to play. Always associate its particular sound with country/Americana music but, of course, Steve Cropper played most of his classic soul licks on one and other famous players include Keef, James Burton , Roy Buchanan, Mike Bloomfield, Albert Collins, Jeff Beck and George Harrison so suited other genres too. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! (making me feel a tad jealous too !)