PDA

View Full Version : More Quality Players Needed

baggieal
14-06-2022, 03:27 PM
Tick tock tick tock! I hope Swift is one of many as we have hard pre season games coming up such as Crewe - Stevenage and Northampton. We need at least six quality players to wave addios to Livermore, Bartley, Phillips, Robinson, Furlong and Zohore to name a few! I hope these players are training already as they had a long holiday!

bordering
14-06-2022, 04:08 PM
Fat chance- no money gets no results - well certainly not promotion results. And would you join us if you were a talented premier league or even championship player.?

Lai was sold a pup- Peace somehow got him to pay stupid money- the Blues were sold for £35m this week & now Lai is just plain stuck with it.
He might get £50m but we are such a mess from board to boot room

It needs a rebuild - dynamic manager - highly motivated ambitious players from the lower leagues with our spend

My bet is no promotion and no play off place and then with no parachute payment we are what Peace said we were a mid championship club and that's at best.
"Lai out"- he wants out but not at the price available . So he'll do little investing and take money wherever he can. The Baggies will be joining other great clubs- Sunderland, Derby, Bolton , it's a long list .
Tell me I'm wrong- but have some evidence- please

baggieal
14-06-2022, 04:29 PM
Fat chance- no money gets no results - well certainly not promotion results. And would you join us if you were a talented premier league or even championship player.?

Lai was sold a pup- Peace somehow got him to pay stupid money- the Blues were sold for £35m this week & now Lai is just plain stuck with it.
He might get £50m but we are such a mess from board to boot room

It needs a rebuild - dynamic manager - highly motivated ambitious players from the lower leagues with our spend

My bet is no promotion and no play off place and then with no parachute payment we are what Peace said we were a mid championship club and that's at best.
"Lai out"- he wants out but not at the price available . So he'll do little investing and take money wherever he can. The Baggies will be joining other great clubs- Sunderland, Derby, Bolton , it's a long list .
Tell me I'm wrong- but have some evidence- please

Good post Bordering and wow! I did not realize Blues were sold for 35m and many would say they are a bigger club ( second city ) than us with the potential to attract more supporters. It's not as if we have any valuable assets in terms of players - which top six championship club would even buy any of our players for example? Don't think any!

The bald one at 180 million from Lai must be laughing to the way to his Jersey Bank! As for Lai - he would be lucky to get 50 million now!

mickd1961
14-06-2022, 05:04 PM
I note that Burnley have made a very good managerial appointment today in Vincent Kompany.

That is the sort of choice that attracts players and great loanees.

baggieal
14-06-2022, 05:36 PM
I note that Burnley have made a very good managerial appointment today in Vincent Kompany.

That is the sort of choice that attracts players and great loanees.

Good appointment and yes he will have contacts and players who will want to play for him!

Bruce has contacts too - Livermore and his class player Adam Reach!

baggiematt
14-06-2022, 06:01 PM
It’s amazing how bad a side can be with just one or two cogs missing. For us that was creative midfielder and a striker. We have Dike and Swift now so that for me is a superb start and shows intent.

I still think there’s room for another 4. One striker, a centre mid, a pacy winger and a right back. I’d like a left back too but can’t see it happening. We need outs as well as ins.

Money will be tight. It’s the way it is after they spent £9m on Dike in January I wouldn’t expect much more being spent.

There’s shed loads of good freebies out there though; half the Blackburn squad are out of contract!

Bombers right foot
14-06-2022, 06:26 PM
Vincent Company or Steve ‘dinosaur’ Bruce and his entourage, I know which one I would want and it’s not the one that took us to just above mid table

baggieal
14-06-2022, 07:19 PM
Vincent Company or Steve ‘dinosaur’ Bruce and his entourage, I know which one I would want and it’s not the one that took us to just above mid table

Same Bomber! Anybody who says Adam Reach is class needs sectioning! Don’t agree we need two players as a considerable overhaul is required! Livermore, Phillips, Robinson, Bartley, Zohore, Reach and Furlong are not good enough. Molumby was a stupid signing and Grant is lazy!

Dubbag
14-06-2022, 07:47 PM
More Quality Players Needed

Remind me again....who we have presently that meets the above criteria?

billsbest
15-06-2022, 03:51 PM
I read earlier that Bruce is after 3 Newcastle players including Gayle. I think I would take Gayle despite his injury worries and age. He could do a job for us alongside Dike.

baggieal
15-06-2022, 04:33 PM
I read earlier that Bruce is after 3 Newcastle players including Gayle. I think I would take Gayle despite his injury worries and age. He could do a job for us alongside Dike.

I would have taken a one legged Gayle as opposed to the absolute rubbish - Austin - Welsh International - Hugill - Zohorse and Phillips who is much as a number 9 than Starmer is a politician with solutions!