PDA

View Full Version : Railways Staff Complete T wats!

baggieal
20-06-2022, 06:00 PM
Average pay for train drivers near 60K and they want 7% increase!! Don’t we all!

Nurses meanwhile go to food banks and teachers in comparison to other countries with professional skills are on poor wages. These two professions alone deserve hefty pay increases not railway staff who cripple the country!

Imagine if Nurses and Teachers went on strike!! Imagine if householders on mass refused to pay the hikes in energy bills!!

The Government have not done enough and reaping in even more taxation from fuel and energy increases. Other EU Countries like Belgium have seen the Government increase every individuals salary by 7%!!!

Airports are a f uckin disgrace with huge flight cancellations and baggage everywhere!! The solution is pay staff a proper wage!! What kind of numpty would now drive to an airport with soaring petrol costs and their minimum wage only starts after clearing security!! Many staff would rather clean the toilets and walk to a work place ie a cafe in a town!!

Of course the minimum wage needs to increase otherwise businesses will keep shutting as some are better off on benefits with no petrol costs!

mickd1961
20-06-2022, 06:49 PM
In Tenby a lot of pubs and restaurants are closing two or three days a week due to lack of staff.

The owner of the competition rent my apartment out with was telling me today that although they offer £23k to £24k as the starting wage for cleaners and to process the towels and linen they can’t get the workers.

Too many milking the system and not wanting to put in a days graft for £11-£12 an hour.

baggieal
20-06-2022, 07:09 PM
In Tenby a lot of pubs and restaurants are closing two or three days a week due to lack of staff.

The owner of the competition rent my apartment out with was telling me today that although they offer £23k to £24k as the starting wage for cleaners and to process the towels and linen they can’t get the workers.

Too many milking the system and not wanting to put in a days graft for £11-£12 an hour.

Seriously Mick - up here many would not get out of bed for less than £15. Why would you work at an airport for example on less - drive to airport so probably £10 now in petrol - have to park your car on a long stay so 20 minute walk to a terminal - clear security. It could be two hours before you officially start work and already a cost is accrued! Airlines need to get real!

I know a few cafes/restaurants paying £15 per hour to stay open and of course they want the best staff which they get. You generally get a muppet for £10 an hour.

Businesses need to be real! OK some businesses might not be able to afford it but then they have to put up with closing - staff not turning up - staff who are the dregs of the barrel!

Staff have huge bills now to pay too! I get people who won’t work if they are no better off than benefits. Never had a hand out in my life but it’s 2022 now and good staff to a degree can choose where they work and their salary.

baggiematt
20-06-2022, 07:58 PM
I don't think it's about incentivising work, I see it as disincentivising welfare. The amount of women who choose to work 16 hours, just over the threshold so they get benefits while their partner stays off work.

WBA1955
21-06-2022, 08:23 AM
Average pay for train drivers near 60K and they want 7% increase!! Don’t we all!

Nurses meanwhile go to food banks and teachers in comparison to other countries with professional skills are on poor wages. These two professions alone deserve hefty pay increases not railway staff who cripple the country!

Imagine if Nurses and Teachers went on strike!! Imagine if householders on mass refused to pay the hikes in energy bills!!

The Government have not done enough and reaping in even more taxation from fuel and energy increases. Other EU Countries like Belgium have seen the Government increase every individuals salary by 7%!!!

Airports are a f uckin disgrace with huge flight cancellations and baggage everywhere!! The solution is pay staff a proper wage!! What kind of numpty would now drive to an airport with soaring petrol costs and their minimum wage only starts after clearing security!! Many staff would rather clean the toilets and walk to a work place ie a cafe in a town!!

Of course the minimum wage needs to increase otherwise businesses will keep shutting as some are better off on benefits with no petrol costs!

Totally agree Al.

phild
21-06-2022, 08:51 AM
Can anybody now be arsed to go anywhere knowing potential disruption could be there to greet us? Flights cancelled at the last minute, train strikes threatening to wreak havoc and chaos. Petrol/diesel prices sky high. Anyone would wonder if Governments are deliberately encouraging all this mayhem in order for them to reach their own CO2 targets by ensuring no one ever gets to travel anywhere!

Dubbag
21-06-2022, 09:21 AM
Climate change demands we reduce fossil fuels now.

But we are addicted and struggle with letting go.
Less aeroplane travel...less car travel...less.
If we can't do it ourselves....then nature will do it for us....and she don't care how many don't make it through....
Decisions are going ahead without our permission as we have failed.....

Albionic68
21-06-2022, 09:40 AM
There's care home workers on £10 p/h for days with an extra quid lumped on top for nights. Meanwhile there's baristas in Harrogate who apparently won't get out of bed for less than £15 p/h. Fkn baristas ffs.

Highlights what a s hitshow the care 'industry' and society in general has become if a barista in MCW heaven is more highly regarded than the skill sets of carers for some of our more vulnerable.

A s hitpox on the baristas of Harrogate and anywhere else for that matter. Make your own instant coffees throughout the day, take flasks to work or just drink water. Fk 'em.

Albionic68
21-06-2022, 09:41 AM
And don't get me started on train drivers.

wbaliquidator
21-06-2022, 10:13 AM
This cost of living issue is worldwide; these people need to look at the broader picture
The news we see on TV is so driven by political interests, same old Left Vs Right arguments.

Riots and anarchy in some counties, raging inflation 73%! Yes Seventy three percent in Turkey Argentina 51% These are developed nations. Venezuela is actually 1190% !!!

Omegstrat6
21-06-2022, 11:17 AM
The root issue remains the vastly uneven distribution of wealth in the country. It is understandable that each side wants to protect its own interests but this will not resolve anything. The current cost of living crisis needs a middle path to be taken which is as fair to all as possible and protects the most vulnerable but it comes with a recognition that it won't please all.

The country grows more divided. Sunak and his ilk don't sit well because they are independently wealthy and so out of touch with how the majority live and probably remind some of the greedy bankers that caused the financial crashes of the past. The actions of the RMT on the other hand may remind others of the bad old 70s when over powerful unions held the country to ransom. Yes, there are still some big companies making large profits who could pay their staff more but most certainly cannot afford to match the rate of inflation. The RMT seem oblivious to the fact that the rail network has lost a fifth of its customers over covid and so cannot afford the 7%, let alone the fact that it's members are already better paid than most.

WBA123
21-06-2022, 11:22 AM

Don't you think the government take advantage of a sector when they can't strike?

Nurses and Care workers wages are way down in real terms for pay since 2010. And as others have said, you can earn more serving coffees than in some care professions.

We have a government who are so out of touch with finances. Where is this idea that Tories are supposed to be good with the economy, never heard so much rubbish in my life.

Dubbag
21-06-2022, 11:28 AM
From a legal stand point in nursing you can't strike in any meaningful way.
Nurses get shyte money because it is regarded as a female profession.

Government wouldn't **** in them if it was make orientated....People can't survive on shyte wages....

Anyway strikes are toothless affairs nowadays.....almost pointless. The media is geared against strike action today.

Albionic68
21-06-2022, 11:31 AM
Side note worth mentioning is that care workers are generally employed within the private sector. Whilst the government are responsible for minimum and living wage rates they haven't been holding care workers pay low. Their private employers have.

Omegstrat6
21-06-2022, 11:34 AM
And don't get me started on train drivers.

I'd read somewhere that the issue in the press about train drivers wanting more money when they are already well paid (which they are in comparison to many) is not actually that relevant as most belong to a different union. The RMT represents members across different functions and the action is not just about pay but potential job cuts and erosion of terms and conditions. That said, they are still comparatively well paid when you look at other sectors so don't have a lot of sympathy for them. Likewise, I tend to agree with Mick and others that those refusing to work for £10-15 an hour are both workshy and also don't appreciate why so many companies cannot afford to raise their wages to match current inflation rates due to massive hikes in their own other costs.

Albionic68
21-06-2022, 11:40 AM
I'm aware of the wider issues and who represents whom.

Omegstrat6
21-06-2022, 11:48 AM
Side note worth mentioning is that care workers are generally employed within the private sector. Whilst the government are responsible for minimum and living wage rates they haven't been holding care workers pay low. Their private employers have.

That's very true-but it was the government's under Thatcher and Blair particularly that began the outsourcing of NHS services to the private sector, including care homes. Yes, there was certainly empire building and poor productivity in the NHS beforehand but it all got considerably worse with the creation of Trusts. I firmly believe that much of the blame for the terrible state of the service today lies in that decision where numbers of management have grown whilst numbers of front line staff has shrunk drastically. Pay for nurses remains comparatively low but conditions are worse still. Never mind though, I'm sure people standing outside clapping them made up for it.

Omegstrat6
21-06-2022, 11:55 AM
I'm aware of the wider issues and who represents whom.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend 68. I know a few people who left my own industry to join the rail network and train as train drivers and all said it was not only better paid but also quite a cushy job in comparison.

Leicesterbaggie
21-06-2022, 12:33 PM

The title of your post it totally correct. They are complete t wats!

kettering_baggie
21-06-2022, 02:00 PM
I don’t believe that the strike is really about pay and conditions, the unions just want to try to damage Boris and the Tories politically and the workers are just pawns in their game; they obviously lack the common sense to realise that they are being used. Mick Lynch and his dumb sidekick are communists and think that they can win a political fight with the government; actually, the pair of them are as thick as they come.

By the way, I didn’t vote for this government!

baggieal
21-06-2022, 02:57 PM
There's care home workers on £10 p/h for days with an extra quid lumped on top for nights. Meanwhile there's baristas in Harrogate who apparently won't get out of bed for less than £15 p/h. Fkn baristas ffs.

Highlights what a s hitshow the care 'industry' and society in general has become if a barista in MCW heaven is more highly regarded than the skill sets of carers for some of our more vulnerable.

A s hitpox on the baristas of Harrogate and anywhere else for that matter. Make your own instant coffees throughout the day, take flasks to work or just drink water. Fk 'em.

It’s called supply and demand by area! There are many illegal factories in Leicester where workers are paid much less than the minimum wage. All fool them and the police turn a blind
eye. If you were a business in an area where staff would not work for the minimum wage you either close your doors and moan or get the best staff and pay more. I know which route we take!

Pay for nurses is shocking and hope they strike too and refuse to treat railway staff firstly!!

Albionic68
21-06-2022, 04:55 PM
#prayforthebaristasofharrogate.

mickd1961
21-06-2022, 05:11 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I totally agree.

If people aren’t willing to accept £15 top out coffee they deserve a kicking.

Not everyone can be a doctor or rocket scientist, £15 per hour equates to £31,200 per annum in wages.

Disgraceful if younger people especially and people more towards the back end of their working life can’t accept £31,200 for pouring a f King drink!!

Dubbag
21-06-2022, 06:00 PM
Thatcher murdered strikes.
Now if your billionaire employer doesn't want to pay well, your option is to **** off.
We have had it too good and cheap for too long....
People expect everything to be dirt cheap.
Well the party is over and the minimum wage just not going to cut it any more not when directors are still getting headline grabbing pay awards but workers....you have to make do with a 1% pay rise?
Are you for real?
If somebody wants to pay a coffee pourer £25 an hour then they can sell their coffee at higher price. As 68 says...bring a flask.
Below too many people's station this day and age...

baggieal
21-06-2022, 06:03 PM

That's why nobody can recruit. Would you drive to Leeds Bradford Airport ( if local ) with approx £10 of petrol - could be 1/2 hours each way -park your car long star car park - walk - then clear security and then you clock on - all for the minimum wage!
You would have to be mental so could be 3/4 hours of your time without pay and £10 of petrol for the whopping minimum wage.

I know a restaurant who pays his staff £15 per hour at weekends - he gets the best staff - he's always full - he's not cheap so probably adjusted his prices. Who is the fool - this restaurant or lets say Cafe Nero who is usually closed each Saturday before they can't get the staff. So if this business can afford to lose a days takings then great!

If you were looking for a job and everyone is desperate - would you go to the business who pays the most or would you not be bothered? In the example of this restaurant - it's always full so tips galore too!

Lots of businesses even corporate now are starting to match salaries if an employee shows the offer elsewhere and it's not completely off the pay scale. My own daughter was awarded an extra 12K. Good employers want to keep good staff!

Albionic68
21-06-2022, 06:15 PM
Fkd if I'm driving to Leeds for a coffee when I've got a jar of Nescafe Original and a kettle at home. University was a waste of my time and efforts. Shudavbinabarista. Could've retired early.

baggieal
21-06-2022, 06:21 PM
Fkd if I'm driving to Leeds for a coffee when I've got a jar of Nescafe Original and a kettle at home. University was a waste of my time and efforts. Shudavbinabarista. Could've retired early.

S hit coffee too 68! I hear Joe Mattock has just signed for Harrogate Town - he was crap but would he be any worse than what we have now? Livermore certainly would struggle to get in the Harrogate team!

Might pop and see Greening when Scarborough kick off!! Someone like him with a big heart would be better than dinosaur Bruce!

mickd1961
21-06-2022, 06:53 PM
Thatcher murdered strikes.
Now if your billionaire employer doesn't want to pay well, your option is to **** off.
We have had it too good and cheap for too long....
People expect everything to be dirt cheap.
Well the party is over and the minimum wage just not going to cut it any more not when directors are still getting headline grabbing pay awards but workers....you have to make do with a 1% pay rise?
Are you for real?
If somebody wants to pay a coffee pourer £25 an hour then they can sell their coffee at higher price. As 68 says...bring a flask.
Below too many people's station this day and age...

“Too good for too long” is so very true Dubs but the average person doesn’t realise this.

I’ll give you some examples from my own place in the sports trade.

When I started work at Dunlop Rackets in 1991 you could buy a basic alloy tennis racket for £15 and the most expensive alloy model was £40, it didn’t sell though because it was a rip off.

The average selling price of an alloy was £25.

Move forward three decades up until the last year or so and you could still buy an adult alloy for less than £20 and the average selling price was still £25.

There had been almost no product inflation in 30 years.

It was the same on graphite models and in fact the average selling price of £50 in1991 had probably dropped, you could still buy a graphite for under £50 in 2021.

It’s the same across my industry, football boot prices had stayed pretty static over that period unless you wanted the latest Nike Air Zoom or top Adidas Predator models.

My wage for being a rep in 1991 was £12k a year.

So the average U.K. wage by 2021 was double what I was earning 30 years ago yet many of the products were the same sort of retail price.

Covid has brought a rebalancing of things.

People think China has had us by the balls for 40 years but that wasn’t the case until now.

We constantly were able to keep China producing at low cost with minimal rises year after year and able to continuously squeeze prices down.

Same on shipping containers.

China now has the same problem that we in the U.K. have in that their younger generation are no longer willing to do the factory production jobs to make the products.

The people that do want more money, better conditions and a bit of a life rather than working 6 1/2 days a week for $200 a month whilst billeted in Nissan huts and only going back to their home villages once a year during Chinese New Year.

Across Europe we constantly b I t c h about prices nowadays yet our throw away lifestyle has been built off the back of people who’ve had no life at all for 40 years.

Chickens are now home to roost.

The moral behind this story is actually that you don’t need the latest iPhone every time it comes out or to change your car every year or your tennis racket if I’m bringing things closer to home.

People need to be more thoughtful about their purchases and more thrifty and wear or use things for an extra year or two.

It’s all “me, me, me” in our society.

Somewhere deep in China, India, Vietnam there’s some poor b a s t a r d who would love to earn £15 an hour to pour a cup of f u c k I n g coffee or £11 an hour to load luggage.

baggieal
21-06-2022, 07:07 PM
“Too good for too long” is so very true Dubs but the average person doesn’t realise this.

I’ll give you some examples from my own place in the sports trade.

When I started work at Dunlop Rackets in 1991 you could buy a basic alloy tennis racket for £15 and the most expensive alloy model was £40, it didn’t sell though because it was a rip off.

The average selling price of an alloy was £25.

Move forward three decades up until the last year or so and you could still buy an adult alloy for less than £20 and the average selling price was still £25.

There had been almost no product inflation in 30 years.

It was the same on graphite models and in fact the average selling price of £50 in1991 had probably dropped, you could still buy a graphite for under £50 in 2021.

It’s the same across my industry, football boot prices had stayed pretty static over that period unless you wanted the latest Nike Air Zoom or top Adidas Predator models.

My wage for being a rep in 1991 was £12k a year.

So the average U.K. wage by 2021 was double what I was earning 30 years ago yet many of the products were the same sort of retail price.

Covid has brought a rebalancing of things.

People think China has had us by the balls for 40 years but that wasn’t the case until now.

We constantly were able to keep China producing at low cost with minimal rises year after year and able to continuously squeeze prices down.

Same on shipping containers.

China now has the same problem that we in the U.K. have in that their younger generation are no longer willing to do the factory production jobs to make the products.

The people that do want more money, better conditions and a bit of a life rather than working 6 1/2 days a week for $200 a month whilst billeted in Nissan huts and only going back to their home villages once a year during Chinese New Year.

Across Europe we constantly b I t c h about prices nowadays yet our throw away lifestyle has been built off the back of people who’ve had no life at all for 40 years.

Chickens are now home to roost.

The moral behind this story is actually that you don’t need the latest iPhone every time it comes out or to change your car every year or your tennis racket if I’m bringing things closer to home.

People need to be more thoughtful about their purchases and more thrifty and wear or use things for an extra year or two.

It’s all “me, me, me” in our society.

Somewhere deep in China, India, Vietnam there’s some poor b a s t a r d who would love to earn £15 an hour to pour a cup of f u c k I n g coffee or £11 an hour to load luggage.

Lots of these b astards as you call them Mick are coming in by the dinghy load. Shame though they never appear to want to pick fruit and we have to fly in Romanians to do this! The biggest issue is the unfair distribution of wealth in this country and the me me me as you call it is usually associated with those with money and lots of it. Does anyone really think Johnson and Sunak care about the have nots? Do they hell!

Money is immaterial though in a way as I see far more people in unhappy marriages who are loaded than those who don’t have much - working away - affairs etc etc!

I really hope nurses and teachers go on strike next as what they are paid considering their professional qualifications is shocking compared to other countries!

This country is in a complete mess and there will be a huge recession soon and already consumers are cutting back on nice to have items.

mickd1961
21-06-2022, 07:29 PM
Lots of these b astards as you call them Mick are coming in by the dinghy load. Shame though they never appear to want to pick fruit and we have to fly in Romanians to do this! The biggest issue is the unfair distribution of wealth in this country and the me me me as you call it is usually associated with those with money and lots of it. Does anyone really think Johnson and Sunak care about the have nots? Do they hell!

Money is immaterial though in a way as I see far more people in unhappy marriages who are loaded than those who don’t have much - working away - affairs etc etc!

I really hope nurses and teachers go on strike next as what they are paid considering their professional qualifications is shocking compared to other countries!

This country is in a complete mess and there will be a huge recession soon and already consumers are cutting back on nice to have items.

Never mind the Romanians, we’ve got over a million of our own who won’t pick fruit or serve coffee!

I did c r a p jobs for c r a p money until my late 20’s Al, I started work on £18.60 a week picking up £15.50 serving petrol and working in a garage stores when I left school.

I was worse off than when I was at school and getting £5 pocket money and keeping my dinner money to help fund Albion matches!

Not working wasn’t an option in my house, sitting on your a r s e and taking money from the State was not an option in our house either.

Sorry to disagree here but we all have to start somewhere and for too many these days these starter jobs are seen as being too lowly.

I only got my job at Hepworth Menswear because I was already in work and they could see I “wanted” it, I wanted to work.

I got my job repping frozen food due to 6 years selling experience at Hepworths.

I got the Sales Managers job at Dunlop based on my 6 years of results and hard graft on terrible money for a rep, I started on £120 a week at the frozen food company but knew it was the route to working for a top company.

Even then, Dunlop wages at £12k were rubbish in 1991.

I worked my nuts off doing long hours for c r a p money for 18 years before starting on my own in 1996.

If I was 16-18 again and knowing what I know now I’d take exactly the same route again.

No job is below me, if I go bust I’ll have no problem stacking shelves or serving coffee and I suspect that goes for many on here in our age group.

I don’t get down about stuff like this......I get on my bike as Tebbit once said and I get my a r s e in gear.

Too many of our lot won’t.

baggieal
21-06-2022, 07:35 PM
Never mind the Romanians, we’ve got over a million of our own who won’t pick fruit or serve coffee!

I did c r a p jobs for c r a p money until my late 20’s Al, I started work on £18.60 a week picking up £15.50 serving petrol and working in a garage stores when I left school.

I was worse off than when I was at school and getting £5 pocket money and keeping my dinner money to help fund Albion matches!

Not working wasn’t an option in my house, sitting on your a r s e and taking money from the State was not an option in our house either.

Sorry to disagree here but we all have to start somewhere and for too many these days these starter jobs are seen as being too lowly.

I only got my job at Hepworth Menswear because I was already in work and they could see I “wanted” it, I wanted to work.

I got my job repping frozen food due to 6 years selling experience at Hepworths.

I got the Sales Managers job at Dunlop based on my 6 years of results and hard graft on terrible money for a rep, I started on £120 a week at the frozen food company but knew it was the route to working for a top company.

Even then, Dunlop wages at £12k were rubbish in 1991.

I worked my nuts off doing long hours for c r a p money for 18 years before starting on my own in 1996.

If I was 16-18 again and knowing what I know now I’d take exactly the same route again.

No job is below me, if I go bust I’ll have no problem stacking shelves or serving coffee and I suspect that goes for many on here in our age group.

I don’t get down about stuff like this......I get on my bike as Tebbit once said and I get my a r s e in gear.

Too many of our lot won’t.

I am 100% with you Mick and I was the same. Sadly though too many people feel they are owed a living and many will now chase the best offers!

Dubbag
21-06-2022, 07:55 PM
Competition is suppose to drive the market to competitive pricing, as long as the capitalist market is working properly but it never does and there always is intervention by governments.
The race to the bottom is to blame along with globalization....and also people wanting stuff for more or less nothing....
When the competition to capitalism died (communism) it rejoiced in its own brilliance at how wonderful the market was and that it won out in the end.....yeah right!!

In 2008 when capitalism upped and crooked it...the vested concerned quickly brought out the mantra..."To big to fail"
"We saved the banks so people could still have money in the ATMs"
So now here we are in 2022 with no working system and money just been printed by all central banks to keep the world economy barely afloat.....a time bomb waiting to go off.....

All the plasters are falling off.......people who were caught out back in 2008 don't want to be caught out again, so soon.....so to right go for wage hikes.......as much as you can get....the system is shyte and been run by gangsters and liars......
Stagflation.....now there's a word you don't hear to often.

Dubbag
22-06-2022, 08:27 AM
Deputy PM Raab blames public sector wages for inflation....
That's it in a nutshell....this hasbeen of a politician blames inflation on you.
You should all hang your heads in shame for demanding more then a 1% pay rise....FFS.

Only a bias news outlet could quote this individual....to keep the status quo the same ..