PDA

View Full Version : Diamond geezer...

The Bedlington Terrier
24-06-2022, 09:44 AM
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/ex-burnley-chairman-mike-garlick-24310105?fbclid=IwAR05lwb6HCQxtSdtWbymBYbTo_coAYmK _89w9m5nomLMtuBZvG18oyFO_H8

Deadlydave
24-06-2022, 02:50 PM
Don't get me going about the guy please BT. He's the reason why we are here in this position. Starved us of resources our Garlick!!

The Bedlington Terrier
24-06-2022, 07:23 PM
Don't get me going about the guy please BT. He's the reason why we are here in this position. Starved us of resources our Garlick!!

He's now ensconced in Gibraltar living the dream - b@stard!

Supersub6
24-06-2022, 09:09 PM
He's now ensconced in Gibraltar living the dream - b@stard!

You all wanted rid of him so what are you complaining about. He took his money and pleased lots of fans in the process. He was looking after his own interests because he got no thanks for keeping the club in profit.
Every one of you would have done exactly the same ---and you know it!

The Bedlington Terrier
25-06-2022, 06:30 AM
You all wanted rid of him so what are you complaining about. He took his money and pleased lots of fans in the process. He was looking after his own interests because he got no thanks for keeping the club in profit.

Bang on mein freund, except Burnley Football Club holds such a special place in my heart, I would not have left it bereft of funds.

sinkov
25-06-2022, 07:52 AM

I can't agree with your last sentence Sub, I certainly would not have delivered the club into the potential penury Garlick did, in order to profit from it personally, and knowing you, I'm 99.9% certain you wouldn't either, and although I cannot be sure, I doubt very much Barry Kilby would have either, to name just one.

ClaretinBudapest
25-06-2022, 08:01 AM
I can't agree with your last sentence Sub, I certainly would not have delivered the club into the potential penury Garlick did, in order to profit from it personally, and knowing you, I'm 99.9% certain you wouldn't either, and although I cannot be sure, I doubt very much Barry Kilby would have either, to name just one.

Bang on Sinkov.At the same time telling us he is the clubs biggest fan.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-06-2022, 08:18 AM

Alto will come back to haunt him, of that I'm sure...O:)

sinkov
25-06-2022, 09:06 AM
Alto will come back to haunt him, of that I'm sure...O:)

I do think in one respect Mr G has been unfairly maligned, he did chuck money at it once, serious money, it didn't work, the injuries to Brady and Defour saw to that. I think that frightened him, he was never the same man again, started looking after his own back, which has led us to where we are now.

ClaretinBudapest
25-06-2022, 10:10 AM
I do think in one respect Mr G has been unfairly maligned, he did chuck money at it once, serious money, it didn't work, the injuries to Brady and Defour saw to that. I think that frightened him, he was never the same man again, started looking after his own back, which has led us to where we are now.

Probably the menopause Sinkov.After a certain age you begin to stop risking as much as in your youth.

Supersub6
25-06-2022, 10:40 AM

This is possibly quite true, however, at some stage, he has obviously negotiated that, in the event of a possible takeover, the other Board members would have to relinquish their shares and they have obviously had to agree to that stipulation and people, such as Barry Kilby, who were tantamount in getting us into the position we were, now have no standing within the Club at all.