PDA

View Full Version : Rumour! Whose leaving this week?

gru
26-06-2022, 01:18 PM
Chioe got to be favourite.

CHAPELMILLER
26-06-2022, 01:29 PM
Ben Wiles to Burnley, is doing the rounds on noseybook

gru
26-06-2022, 02:25 PM
Chioe he's got to be sold this window be for less in January next summer for nothing. Wiles I didn't think he progressed last season think that was because we didn't have an holding midfielder if he goes he goes at the right price!

MillersTime
26-06-2022, 02:32 PM

gru
26-06-2022, 03:00 PM

Bout as funny as piles!

Pattylallacks2
26-06-2022, 03:02 PM
A bit unnecessary MT

Stovicmiller
26-06-2022, 03:08 PM
Shouldn’t be selling any of our better players if we want to stay in the championship.

millers88
26-06-2022, 03:08 PM
I've heard Wiles to Burnley but with figure going around I don't believe it and we'd be stupid to sell him for that price.

millertop
26-06-2022, 03:21 PM
A bit unnecessary MT

Correct

millertop
26-06-2022, 03:22 PM
Let’s hope rumours are just that

They’ll go eventually but hopefully not this season

Stovicmiller
26-06-2022, 03:23 PM
Daughter just messaged me bout wiles . 4million .

millertop
26-06-2022, 03:33 PM
Club will let any player go if price is right but don’t sell him to Burnley, I’ve a feeling they’re just signing players so no others can (Wiles and Twine are not good enough yet for them imo )

MillersTime
26-06-2022, 03:41 PM
Truth hurts.

Chieo must be sold this window - rubbish
Wiles didn't improve last season - rubbish
Bemoaning not playing a holding midfielder even though we won a cup and automatic promotion - stupid

That's just the one thread.

Mas was right, the most arrogant poster on here. Never see a concession or back down on anything. Never see a 'yeah that's fair actually, I see what you mean' type behaviour. Talks constant rubbish on various topics.

Fair enough if anyone finds that excessive but it is the truth. Hasn't got a clue.

Scum-Triumphant
26-06-2022, 03:55 PM
Truth hurts.

Bemoaning not playing a holding midfielder even though we won a cup and automatic promotion - stupid

Mas was right, the most arrogant poster on here. Never see a concession or back down on anything. Never see a 'yeah that's fair actually, I see what you mean' type behaviour. Talks constant rubbish on various topics.

Fair enough if anyone finds that excessive but it is the truth. Hasn't got a clue.

I agree. Abuse is out of prefer but if someone is saying stupid things without any reasoning behind it then they deserve to be called stupid for doing so because it is stupid.
Wiles developed from playing out of position to pulling the strings and scoring double figures so to say he didn’t progress is blatantly stupid.

Gru is a big boy. If he is going to throw opinions about without backing them up then he doesn’t need his arse wiping by people being offended on his behalf.

gru
26-06-2022, 03:59 PM
Truth hurts.

Right next summer we sell Chioe for nothing?

My opinion Wiles last season wasn't at his best can't lose ball like he did. But not written him off obviously there's a talent there.

thaimillerfan
26-06-2022, 04:01 PM
I sometimes wonder what players think about all this speculation, of what is going to happen with them. no wonder players wont re-sign or want to move on.

Pattylallacks2
26-06-2022, 04:01 PM
I agree. Abuse is out of prefer but if someone is saying stupid things without any reasoning behind it then they deserve to be called stupid for doing so because it is stupid.
Wiles developed from playing out of position to pulling the strings and scoring double figures so to say he didn’t progress is blatantly stupid.

Gru is a big boy. If he is going to throw opinions about without backing them up then he doesn’t need his arse wiping by people being offended on his behalf.

So, abuse is out of order unless we consider someone's views to be stupid and then it's OK?

Scum-Triumphant
26-06-2022, 04:09 PM
So, abuse is out of order unless we consider someone's views to be stupid and then it's OK?

Calling someone stupid for acting stupid isn’t abuse.

Calling them a **** is.

Back of the net
26-06-2022, 04:15 PM
People have openly said they have stopped posting because of him but people like millertop keep enabling his behaviour.

As for been abusive he openly calls people blinkered and warnie boys not much worse than been called stupid.
His repetitive posts drive people away but it’s ok though isn’t it.
You can’t ignore him because even when it’s about something else he posts the same tripe.

gru
26-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Rose tinted glasses springs to mind! Can't say anything against certain players.

Scum-Triumphant
26-06-2022, 04:19 PM
Rose tinted glasses springs to mind! Can't say anything against certain players.

Of course you can. But what do you base the opinion that he hasn’t progressed on?

Pattylallacks2
26-06-2022, 04:20 PM

Calling them a **** is.

Clever!

vespabri
26-06-2022, 04:29 PM
Oh here we go again , playground stuff it really is.

uttis
26-06-2022, 04:35 PM
I thought Wiles was going to QPR but that’s probably all rumour too

Stovicmiller
26-06-2022, 04:37 PM
People have openly said they have stopped posting because of him but people like millertop keep enabling his behaviour.

As for been abusive he openly calls people blinkered and warnie boys not much worse than been called stupid.
You can’t ignore him because even when it’s about something else he posts the same tripe. calling someone blinkered and a warnie boy is hardly being abusive. If anyone doesn’t want to read his messages they don’t have to. Takes all kinds to keep a message board alive. Quite a few on this site gang up on him and it seems that it doesn’t bother him, it seems to bother the ones who are ganging up on him more . Good for him .

Back of the net
26-06-2022, 04:40 PM
Ganging up on him. Bloody hell you are a sensitive soul. Bless ya.
I’m done #pathetic.

Scum-Triumphant
26-06-2022, 04:42 PM
calling someone blinkered and a warnie boy is hardly being abusive. If anyone doesn’t want to read his messages they don’t have to. Takes all kinds to keep a message board alive. Quite a few on this site gang up on him and it seems that it doesn’t bother him, it seems to bother the ones who are ganging up on him more . Good for him .

How would someone know whether they like the posts if they didn’t read them?

Pattylallacks2
26-06-2022, 04:43 PM
calling someone blinkered and a warnie boy is hardly being abusive. If anyone doesn’t want to read his messages they don’t have to. Takes all kinds to keep a message board alive. Quite a few on this site gang up on him and it seems that it doesn’t bother him, it seems to bother the ones who are ganging up on him more . Good for him .

As I've said before, I have never seen him get upset or really retaliate even when the comments against ARE abusive. Pity a few more aren't as tolerant

MillersTime
26-06-2022, 04:44 PM

Exactly. You'll notice people don't actually defend his daft opinions. The substance. I wonder why. Because they know they are daft perhaps?

Comes out with illogical rubbish all the time, we all know it. Talk stupid, get pulled on it, nothing egregious about that. If I talk stupid to friends or family they will say so, that is life.

Stovicmiller
26-06-2022, 05:02 PM
Ganging up on him. Bloody hell you are a sensitive soul. Bless ya.
I’m done #pathetic. never been called sensitive before. Only one sensitive soul on here and it seems it you if you’ve done .

Derbymiller
26-06-2022, 05:03 PM
For gods sake so people call people a few names, grow up and man up, "oh don't call me names it is abuse", "don't say that i am offended", what a load of twaddle. This is a board about Rotherham United and our opinions about the club and everything associated with it, guess what people will not all have the same opinion, people on here will get annoyed and angry at other people, as lomng as there is no physical violence stop the whinging, take the comments and move on.

Stovicmiller
26-06-2022, 05:03 PM
Exactly. You'll notice people don't actually defend his daft opinions. The substance. I wonder why. Because they know they are daft perhaps?

Comes out with illogical rubbish all the time, we all know it. Talk stupid, get pulled on it, nothing egregious about that. If I talk stupid to friends or family they will say so, that is life.. It seems it is bothering you more than him .

mellowmiller
26-06-2022, 05:12 PM
For gods sake so people call people a few names, grow up and man up, "oh don't call me names it is abuse", "don't say that i am offended", what a load of twaddle. This is a board about Rotherham United and our opinions about the club and everything associated with it, guess what people will not all have the same opinion, people on here will get annoyed and angry at other people, as lomng as there is no physical violence stop the whinging, take the comments and move on.

Absolutely. Too many people call the mildest comments abuse.
It's just one of those cards that gets played all the time by sensitive souls.

MillersTime
26-06-2022, 05:15 PM
. It seems it is bothering you more than him .

The arrogance / stupidity (however that balance works out) doesn't afford him any room for self reflection.

Interestingly there is no defence of the substance as per.

sawmiller
26-06-2022, 05:18 PM
Returning to topic, whilst I'd like to keep our better players the reality is if they have a chance to significantly increase their earnings and value and the deal works for us as well as them then we would sell. We're building a reasonable track record of bringing in lesser known talent and developing them into good players we can sell on. It's a business model that can help us to stay in better financial shape than others we could mention

Scum-Triumphant
26-06-2022, 05:22 PM
Losing Wiles will sting but it is inevitable. I just hope he can continue to develop at a progressive club and we can command a fee from him that reflects the talent he has and the work that has gone into him.

sawmiller
26-06-2022, 05:25 PM
Losing Wiles will sting but it is inevitable. I just hope he can continue to develop at a progressive club and we can command a fee from him that reflects the talent he has and the work that has gone into him.

If he went for a handsome fee then it reflects well on our youth setup and could pave the way to bring more talented youngster into our youth setup rather than being spat out of a larger youth setup and back into 'non league'

Stovicmiller
26-06-2022, 05:35 PM
The arrogance / stupidity (however that balance works out) doesn't afford him any room for self reflection.

Interestingly there is no defence of the substance as per. it not bout defending what he says . If you Carnt disagree with him without calling him stupid then you’re better off saying nothing. I’ve been thinking bout a solution to this problem and it is a bit way out and thinking out of the box but why not just ignore his posts .

gru
26-06-2022, 05:35 PM
If he went for a handsome fee then it reflects well on our youth setup and could pave the way to bring more talented youngster into our youth setup rather than being spat out of a larger youth setup and back into 'non league'

It's all costs. If Hull or Greaves don't make it makes it questionable why have a youth scheme?

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-06-2022, 05:41 PM
Daughter just messaged me bout wiles . 4million .

4?

Anything over one and a half, snap their hands off

If he has to go ( which he doesn’t) then take a decent fee and use the money to build the quality of the squad

MillerBill
26-06-2022, 05:41 PM
This rumour started on Twitter,say no more.

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-06-2022, 05:45 PM
This rumour started on Twitter,say no more.

Exactly, just like the Smith and Ihiekwe rumours......ooops

It’s the scattergun of predicting, just suggest a mildly feasible one and every so often the target is hit

MillerBill
26-06-2022, 05:51 PM
We don't need to sell.We've offloaded the surplus.We need to replace with better.

MillersTime
26-06-2022, 05:52 PM
it not bout defending what he says . If you Carnt disagree with him without calling him stupid then you’re better off saying nothing. I’ve been thinking bout a solution to this problem and it is a bit way out and thinking out of the box but why not just ignore his posts .

You're probably correct to a degree. However, I have tried numerous times to disagree in a constructive way but you get nothing, NOTHING, back in terms of actual back and forth reasonable debate. As a result I may have slipped into the lazy zone of calling him stupid but that feels like a way to contest the tripe still whilst putting in minimal effort. That reflects on me, fair enough. But nobody should get a free pass to consistently post ill thought out, baseless, rubbish, imo.

So whilst there is an element of fairness in saying I shouldn't of called him stupid, my bad (ish), there is truth in what I say imo. And I stand by that. Do you get what I mean?

And in fairness I do ignore most of his posts. But the accumulation sometimes tempts me to bite.

MillerBill
26-06-2022, 06:04 PM
Then again you can just ignore it,there is that option.

MillersTime
26-06-2022, 06:11 PM

Yeah lets just all ignore everything that we don't agree with. Sounds progressive.

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-06-2022, 06:14 PM

Worked for me on many occasions

millertop
26-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Truth hurts.

Do you actually read (not sure why you actually do read his post tbh) his posts and think about it before replying?

Ogbene might leave for less Money or could even be more depending how well he’s doing, he also could leave for free.

Imo we all know Wiles can do a cracking job but fans have posted before he’s been off his games.

So no I don’t understand where you’re coming from with your reply

millertop
26-06-2022, 06:28 PM

Calling them a **** is.

Think you know that MT’s reply was being nasty

millertop
26-06-2022, 06:33 PM

You can’t ignore him because even when it’s about something else he posts the same tripe.

I just agreed with Patty’s :rolleyes:

millertop
26-06-2022, 06:34 PM
Oh here we go again , playground stuff it really is.

Sorry Bri I’ll try harder ;D

MillersTime
26-06-2022, 06:38 PM
Do you actually read (not sure why you actually do read his post tbh) his posts and think about it before replying?

Ogbene might leave for less Money or could even be more depending how well he’s doing, he also could leave for free.

Imo we all know Wiles can do a cracking job but fans have posted before he’s been off his games.

So no I don’t understand where you’re coming from with your reply

Yes I do.

Ogbene 'might' leave for less money or nothing. Key word, might. It is rubbish to suggest he needs to leave this window because a) he could / may be a key player in keeping us in this division due to him being one of our biggest weapons and b) nobody knows here what he intends on doing in the future. All speculation. We could get a million for Ogbene now but keep him and him be the difference maker in us staying up and having another Championship season with all the benefits that brings. Is that not a financial risk that may pay dividends? Perhaps giving up some money now could result in more in the long term but not directly from a transfer fee?

Wiles having off games does not mean he hasn't improved overall. How are you making that leap? Or are you suggesting that he never had an off game in the season prior so that means any games off in the season just gone means he has regressed?

Did you think about what you just typed before replying? Doesn't seem like it.

millertop
26-06-2022, 06:45 PM
Yes I do.

Ogbene 'might' leave for less money or nothing. Key word, might. It is rubbish to suggest he needs to leave this window because a) he could / may be a key player in keeping us in this division due to him being one of our biggest weapons and b) nobody knows here what he intends on doing in the future. All speculation. We could get a million for Ogbene now but keep him and him be the difference maker in us staying up and having another Championship season with all the benefits that brings. Is that not a financial risk that may pay dividends? Perhaps giving up some money now could result in more in the long term but not directly from a transfer fee?

Wiles having off games does not mean he hasn't improved overall. How are you making that leap? Or are you suggesting that he never had an off game in the season prior so that means any games off in the season just gone means he has regressed?

Did you think about what you just typed before replying? Doesn't seem like it.
We could be here all night.

He’s saying in his way that Ogbene needs to go for money now before we could maybe lose him for nothing.

Wiles is better than what he has been in some eyes but better in others I suppose.

Whether you agree with Gru or not I’m trying to say some see where he’s coming from and if you don’t agree fair enough but why comment like you did instead of disagreeing with it.
I’m just wondering if it was a different poster you react same?

Brin
26-06-2022, 06:47 PM
4?

Anything over one and a half, snap their hands off

If he has to go ( which he doesn’t) then take a decent fee and use the money to build the quality of the squad

Grist, Burnley have already been in and offered 1.2 Mill for Wiles and the club said do one and rightly so. Why sell to a club in the same league as us and for a pittance offer?

If he were a Burnley player they'd be asking for 4 mill because they're Burnley so why shouldn't we? Good business for the club and it goes to show we can bring players through the youth system and sell on for a hefty profit.

WE ARE NOW A CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE so we should be asking top dollar like all the rest would if they had Wiles.

Scum-Triumphant
26-06-2022, 06:47 PM
Think you know that MT’s reply was being nasty

What would I do without you telling me how I think?

Silly me.

millertop
26-06-2022, 06:48 PM
What would I do without you telling me how I think?

Silly me.

Exactly

sawmiller
26-06-2022, 06:49 PM
Grist, Burnley have already been in and offered 1.2 Mill for Wiles and the club said do one and rightly so. Why sell to a club in the same league as us and for a pittance offer?

If he were a Burnley player they'd be asking for 4 mill because they're Burnley so why shouldn't we? Good business for the club and it goes to show we can bring players through the youth system and sell on for a hefty profit.

WE ARE NOW A CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE so we should be asking top dollar like all the rest would if they had Wiles.

so they think Twine is worth 4x what Ben is? Are we really seen as such a soft touch?

millertop
26-06-2022, 06:50 PM

Personally I don’t think he’s worth that yet, he could be a top player at some point though so understand trying to get a good price.

We should talk to Barnsley, they knew how to do it

Brin
26-06-2022, 06:55 PM
so they think Twine is worth 4x what Ben is? Are we really seen as such a soft touch?

Yes we are and as for Twine over Wiles, I would say Twine is the better player.

MillersTime
26-06-2022, 06:57 PM
We could be here all night.

He’s saying in his way that Ogbene needs to go for money now before we could maybe lose him for nothing.

Wiles is better than what he has been in some eyes but better in others I suppose.

Whether you agree with Gru or not I’m trying to say some see where he’s coming from and if you don’t agree fair enough but why comment like you did instead of disagreeing with it.
I’m just wondering if it was a different poster you react same?

Okay, I hear that. But in that case don't say he needs to go this window, because he doesn't need to. Just say that it might make sense to sell now because of those reasons. I'm not disagreeing with that position, I get that argument and it may be right, who knows until the end of the season probably.

I think I explained in my reply to Stovic why I slipped into the lazy zone reply.

No, I wouldn't of reacted the same if it were another poster. That is because they wouldn't have a history of consistently stupid takes on things (imo). The accumulation is largely why I posted what I did. The actual thread by itself would just go over my head and I would ignore but the accumulation was the bite.

Scum-Triumphant
26-06-2022, 06:58 PM
Peterborough have received bigger fees for players with less potential.

MillersTime
26-06-2022, 06:59 PM
£1.2mil for Wiles, behave. Too much upside to go for that amount, double it at least.

Brin
26-06-2022, 07:00 PM

Indeed they have which again proves the point we are are very very poor in negotiating fees for our players. Who's to blame for that?

If anything, we need to big big prices on our players heads to deter other clubs from taking out prized assets if we are to look to stay in the championship this forthcoming season.

sawmiller
26-06-2022, 07:01 PM

Posh often seem to do well when it comes to letting players go for decent fees

clarkey1974
26-06-2022, 07:08 PM
Posh often seem to do well when it comes to letting players go for decent fees

They also transfer list players when they come into the last year of their current contract…

Brin
26-06-2022, 07:09 PM
They also transfer list players when they come into the last year of their current contract…

......where we dither!

MILLERSTALE
26-06-2022, 07:23 PM
A little bit confused by all the financial experts on here ? A lot of people offering TS advise on how to buy and sell, how to invest, how to get much better fees for players etc ! I think you need to remember that Big Tony started off as a modest electrician and wheeled and dealed his way through life getting deals and bargains from local Electrical Wholesalers and built up a multi pound business without advice from a lot of Miller Mad Phantasy posters ? I’m pretty sure he understands more than most about business development ?

Pattylallacks2
26-06-2022, 07:28 PM
A little bit confused by all the financial experts on here ? A lot of people offering TS advise on how to buy and sell, how to invest, how to get much better fees for players etc ! I think you need to remember that Big Tony started off as a modest electrician and wheeled and dealed his way through life getting deals and bargains from local Electrical Wholesalers and built up a multi pound business without advice from a lot of Miller Mad Phantasy posters ? I’m pretty sure he understands more than most about business development ?

Yes, we certainly have an overabundance of experts in the economics of soccer.

Jimmy Badfellow
26-06-2022, 07:33 PM
Wiles has gone to Burnley. I'm guessing we will never know the fee but I hope it counts. This is why recruitment departments matter so much these days because you have to keep the plates spinning with instant replacements that will net you profit.Football has changed and Managers can't do it all.

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-06-2022, 08:05 PM
Wiles has gone to Burnley. I'm guessing we will never know the fee but I hope it counts. This is why recruitment departments matter so much these days because you have to keep the plates spinning with instant replacements that will net you profit.Football has changed and Managers can't do it all.

That’s what they said at Oldham

MillerBill
26-06-2022, 08:10 PM

You're doing it again,grow up and behave yourself.

LesHiboux
26-06-2022, 08:15 PM
Chioe got to be favourite.

I suspect, bearing in mind recent events, that whoever leaves won't be moving house... I wouldn't put it past Moore tapping Miller Bear up. :D

Pattylallacks2
26-06-2022, 08:33 PM
I suspect, bearing in mind recent events, that whoever leaves won't be moving house... I wouldn't put it past Moore tapping Miller Bear up. :D

Miller Bear has indeed been tapped up, but before putting in a complaint needs to run it past Scum to see if it constitutes abuse.

Brin
26-06-2022, 08:35 PM

Then you explain why Peterborough are so good at it and we are so poor? You sound like YOU have all the answers or are you Tony? ;D

Brin
26-06-2022, 08:37 PM

Give over with it.....XD. Yes they have enquired already with a derisory offer and been snubbed. More is required IF he is to go.

Scum-Triumphant
26-06-2022, 09:05 PM
Miller Bear has indeed been tapped up, but before putting in a complaint needs to run it past Scum to see if it constitutes abuse.

I’m laissez faire attitude personified.

Fill your boots.

Jimmy Badfellow
26-06-2022, 09:35 PM
You're doing it again,grow up and behave yourself.

Doing what again? FYI I did grow up once and soon realised it did me no good and thus decided to go back and join the masses!

DerekProsser(East Anglia)
27-06-2022, 12:53 AM
Rumour I've heard is that there's been a bit of a bidding war for Wiles between Burnley and Sheff Utd. Apparently both clubs have reached offer of 3.5 million and club have agreed to let him go for that price, with Wiles able to make final decision on where he goes.

I guess we shall see but my source also told me that Smith and Ihiekwe had signed new contracts with us so not exactly the most reliable

The Hillsborough Miller
27-06-2022, 05:56 AM
These comments in the lancashire rag are straight out of the marca playbook

MILLERSTALE
27-06-2022, 06:27 AM
Then you explain why Peterborough are so good at it and we are so poor? You sound like YOU have all the answers or are you Tony? ;D

On the contrary, are you sure Peterborough are financially any better off than us ? Still that’s irrelevant anyway ! the point I was making is that TS has done ok without any help from outside, so has a good idea how to make money (his way ) it’s the safe, steady way with little or no risks attached. Others like Anton Johnson have chosen more riskier paths and ended up with Nothing.

Derbymiller
27-06-2022, 08:51 AM
£3.5m is nothing for Wiles, if there is a demand then set the fee at £6m and accept £5m with large sell on %'s
. The lad can play with both feet and can play in most positions, we will need two players to replace him. Also if he goes we need the club to be clear the money will be reinvested into the 1st team squad during this season

Brin
27-06-2022, 09:21 AM
On the contrary, are you sure Peterborough are financially any better off than us ? Still that’s irrelevant anyway ! the point I was making is that TS has done ok without any help from outside, so has a good idea how to make money (his way ) it’s the safe, steady way with little or no risks attached. Others like Anton Johnson have chosen more riskier paths and ended up with Nothing.

MT, your side stepping my question. I'm not stating posh are financially better than us I was asking why are they so good at getting 'amazing' prices for their players and we can't? If Wiles were at Posh they'd be asking 5 million for him and getting it, that's the difference I am pointing out as to why our best assets go for relatively cheap prices. Over to you pal.

Brin
27-06-2022, 09:23 AM
£3.5m is nothing for Wiles, if there is a demand then set the fee at £6m and accept £5m with large sell on %'s
. The lad can play with both feet and can play in most positions, we will need two players to replace him. Also if he goes we need the club to be clear the money will be reinvested into the 1st team squad during this season

Now that's more like it! Someone thinking like other clubs think and achieve when selling their players.

Stovicmiller
27-06-2022, 09:30 AM
. The lad can play with both feet and can play in most positions, we will need two players to replace him. Also if he goes we need the club to be clear the money will be reinvested into the 1st team squad during this season agree. It’s the great Rotherham united give away sale, players going cheap.

rolymiller
27-06-2022, 09:44 AM
Surely Value knows Burnley have parachute payments from the Prem this year, offering a couple of million quid for Wiles is a piss take. Agree about Peterboro as well. They tend to over value their players we always seem to under value ours. If they want our players, stump up with the cash or feck off. The other thing is would we reinvest any incoming transfer money on players. I'm not so sure. If TS wants to stay in the championship he needs to back Warne if he cant he needs to get someone in to help him.

Also makes me wonder how much we would have let smith go to the pigs if he had been still in contract. Prob 2 tins of beans and a packet of chewing gum.

Until we start acting at least a bit like championship clubs we will never be one for long. We have a 3rd tier club mentality. that is why we spend so much time there. Warne must feckin despair privately and who is to blame him!

MILLERSTALE
27-06-2022, 10:06 AM
If we get 3.5 million for Wiles I’ll eat my hat ! and everybody else’s on here ! It would be an unbelievable fee, Scott Twine is a similar age to Wiles and scored three times as many goals from midfield and went for a maximum fee including add one for 4 million ?

With that money we could have kept Smith, Icky, brought in Vaulks, Smallwood, Morecambe striker,Tutu, etc. !

MILLERSTALE
27-06-2022, 10:17 AM
MT, your side stepping my question. I'm not stating posh are financially better than us I was asking why are they so good at getting 'amazing' prices for their players and we can't? If Wiles were at Posh they'd be asking 5 million for him and getting it, that's the difference I am pointing out as to why our best assets go for relatively cheap prices. Over to you pal.

Somebodies always going to be better than others, somebody might be able to take more risks, name me another club in the lower divisions as good ? how much have the Owls, Blades, Barnsley and Doncaster made from sales this last few years ? We are not the bottom of this chart with good sales obtained from Vaulks and to a lesser extent Ajayi. It’s not our money ? TS does what he thinks best ? We’ve had all this in the past with Pursehouses, Sid Wood, Boothys etc it’s not just TS ! You have to accept unless some one comes in with Billions this is how our club is run.
Blades, Barnsley and Owls have had megger owners recently but they don’t throw money around either !

27-06-2022, 10:40 AM
£3.5 million may seem a lot for Wiles but are we calculating his value purely in comparison to Twine who has allegedly been sold for 4 million?

No doubt Twine had a fantastic season for MK last year but he's still somewhat of a gamble at Championship level having never played there. Wiles on the other hand has already had two seasons playing at Championship level and more than held his own at a very young age. He's a standout player for us and one who's progressed through our academy system so his value to us is extremely high. Any offer would have to reflect that. Plus, if we're to have any chance of surviving this season we need to keep our best players. We've already lost two of the backbone of last season, losing Wiles would be a massive blow. Not forgetting that Wiles is currently in a Championship team, Twine was signed from League One. The margins may have been slight but it still counts. So yeah, if Twine can command a fee of 4 million I don't see why Wiles can't be something similar.

Timbertop
27-06-2022, 10:40 AM
And how much will Warne be allowed to spend from any sale ? 10% ?

Timbertop
27-06-2022, 10:44 AM
Be interesting to see if he catches the flight to Pula(?) on Saturday !!

27-06-2022, 11:08 AM
For the record I don't want him to leave, I think we need to keep the nucleus of our squad from last season if we're to stand any chance of surviving the campaign. Two names featured throughout this thread are Wiles and Ogbene, we need to keep both with us. We can re-assess in January.

If we're concerned about Ogbene leaving us for free in summer, then lets assess in Jan. If he has a great start to the season and is playing a crucial role for us, then we can calculate his worth as a succesful Championship player and weigh up whether to cash in, or keep him to play a role in surviving the league.

If he has an absolute stinker of a start to the season and his value plummets then I'm sure the fowls will still pay top dollar for him in Jan >;)

millertop
27-06-2022, 11:25 AM

Even though you make some good points, TS didn’t know anything about running a football club and how much players might have been worth and even if he is a business man you have to question some of the players that went for cheap and I think that’s what some posters are going on.

We don’t and won’t know what Wiles will go for because it’ll more than likely go undisclosed

Hopefully the club now have ideas on a players value and we will stop with the undervalued mistakes in future, that’s if they were undervalued

frogmiller
27-06-2022, 12:25 PM
If we got £3m for wiles that money would be invested in players but not necessarily on upping players wages from the structure that's already in place!

It would give Scotty a bigger range to look at players but they're be bigger gambles.

How's Barnsley's finances even with the massive amounts of sales and sell ons?I've

Townerslovechild
27-06-2022, 01:04 PM
We can't afford to lose players like Wiles even for 3.5 million, which he is worth all day long.
Getting a replacement wouldn't be easy,I say keep him this season unless we get 5 million.

Karl998yr
27-06-2022, 01:20 PM
It's a glowing endorsement for the lad if this rumour of Burnley interest has come as a result of Vincent Kompany becoming their manager.
They need to be paying the going rate though and not stealing him for peanuts.

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-06-2022, 01:43 PM
I have always like others said, the board needs someone who has football knowledge,
on valuing players bought & sold, but Tony Stewart not yet learnt by past mistakes,
in which we have sold players below a proper valuation.

frogmiller
27-06-2022, 02:19 PM
If Wiles goes then it's credit to all the staff through all the levels at the club.

One thing is, we have to do it again and again but it's a rare thing these days. To bring kids through and have confidence in them happens about once a year per club. For them to go on and become regulars in a team is rarer and the to be considered as million pound players doesn't happen too often at all.
And all this without an academy as such.

frogmiller
27-06-2022, 02:22 PM
We can't afford to lose players like Wiles even for 3.5 million, which he is worth all day long.
Getting a replacement wouldn't be easy,I say keep him this season unless we get 5 million.

Lindsay may be that replacement.

Lindsay, Barlaser, Rathbone in a midfield 3 may well be good.

MILLERSTALE
27-06-2022, 02:47 PM
Lindsay may be that replacement.

Lindsay, Barlaser, Rathbone in a midfield 3 may well be good.

We need to find a gaffer, a boss man, Loungo, Prichard type, etc, somebody like Tree,a runner to replace Wiles ?

Scum-Triumphant
27-06-2022, 02:50 PM
Last season Ben Wiles played a total of 53 games (4295 minutes) He started every league game apart from 3 (2 draws and a loss)

Scored -10
Assisted - 7
Worldies at Wembley - 1

Hard to put a price of less than 5 million on those stats - He isn't 24 until next year and will only get better and better.

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-06-2022, 03:17 PM
Doris the tea lady could leave, if Sheffield Wednesday offer better quality tea bags. :P

mellowmiller
27-06-2022, 03:34 PM
It's being reported in the Burnley press (their equivalent to the Advertiser) that they are interested in Wiles and that he could provide exactly what they are looking for in their midfield.
Comparisons with the fee paid for Scott Twine are largely irrelevant because the real issue is what he is worth to us and how badly Burnley want him.
We should set our valuation high because Burnley, with their parachute payment, will be able to afford it and will pay it if they want him badly enough. If they don't they'll move on to someone else.
If Burnley don't pursue a deal I suspect others will come knocking at our door because Ben is a very talented player who probably has the capability to play at the highest level if he is given the right opportunity.

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-06-2022, 03:50 PM
It's being reported in the Burnley press (their equivalent to the Advertiser) that they are interested in Wiles and that he could provide exactly what they are looking for in their midfield.
Comparisons with the fee paid for Scott Twine are largely irrelevant because the real issue is what he is worth to us and how badly Burnley want him.
We should set our valuation high because Burnley, with their parachute payment, will be able to afford it and will pay it if they want him badly enough. If they don't they'll move on to someone else.
If Burnley don't pursue a deal I suspect others will come knocking at our door because Ben is a very talented player who probably has the capability to play at the highest level if he is given the right opportunity.

Anything over £2 million will clinch the deal

But if it happens it will be " undisclosed" anyway

Adventus2012
27-06-2022, 04:06 PM
https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/burnley-boss-vincent-kompany-isnt-afraid-to-approach-top-clubs-for-their-best-prospects-3746872

GlennMiller
27-06-2022, 05:02 PM
Although he didn't play on the day, Kompany will have seen Wiles performance when we lost to Man City in the FA Cup 7-0. That day, Wiles was the only Rotherham player who didn't look like a rabbit in the headlights and he appeared relatively comfortable playing against the best team in England at that point.

caytonmiller
27-06-2022, 05:16 PM
Wiles with 12 month left on his contract will be worth 1.8 million with loads of add-ons.
We may stretch to 2 milion on a good day.
If anyone thinks we will get 4 million plus in the current climate may be disappointed...
From the games played this season wiles only played ok in 1/2 of them. And from those ok games he's he only looked good a hand full of times. With the fact it was league 1 and the gulf in class is a lot different to the championship.

MillerBill
27-06-2022, 05:26 PM
If they don't offer the right price and that's got to be around the four mark,we keep him because a class player like that will keep us up.

millertop
27-06-2022, 05:28 PM
Wiles with 12 month left on his contract will be worth 1.8 million with loads of add-ons.
If anyone thinks we will get 4 million plus in the current climate may be disappointed...
From the games played this season wiles only played ok in 1/2 of them. And from those ok games he's he only looked good a hand full of times. With the fact it was league 1 and the gulf in class is a lot different to the championship.
I was just thinking why the hell haven’t we already gave him a better/ longer contract

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-06-2022, 05:34 PM
I was just thinking why the hell haven’t we already gave him a better/ longer contract

We might have offered but his agent might be telling him that there’s no advantage in committing early

The recent Smith and Ihiekwe fiasco reinforces that view

gru
27-06-2022, 05:40 PM

It's what I've said but I get called for it. Think with Burnley on parachute payments we could squeeze out our record fee received. On the subject of contracts get Vickers on a longer contract he's a class keeper.

South Coast Miller
27-06-2022, 05:49 PM
FAO moderators. This heading should read,"Rumour! Who's leaving this week?" Serious grammatical error. And no, I don't think we should sell Wiles for less than £4m. Why would we?

MILLERSTALE
27-06-2022, 06:27 PM
FAO moderators. This heading should read,"Rumour! Who's leaving this week?" Serious grammatical error. And no, I don't think we should sell Wiles for less than £4m. Why would we?

Picky you Southerners ?

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-06-2022, 06:29 PM
Yes, title should have been “ whose leaving do is it this week?”

caytonmiller
27-06-2022, 06:51 PM
It's what I've said but I get called for it. Think with Burnley on parachute payments we could squeeze out our record fee received. On the subject of contracts get Vickers on a longer contract he's a class keeper.

Lots of your football posts make sense m8. Problem is they are lost in the repetitive bull shine.

caytonmiller
27-06-2022, 06:54 PM
Topsy if you were running the purse strings, Would you offer him a 4 year contract with a buy out clause? What would you be willing to pay him.

avondalemiller
27-06-2022, 08:34 PM
The problem with offering him a great deal over 2/3 yrs with a buy out clause is he might flop in the Championship this season and all the interest drops. I don't think he would sign it anyway, and i don't thing he'll flop either. If he plays well this season he could be worth quite a lot of £££££ in Jan. Will TS gamble.....?

mellowmiller
27-06-2022, 08:36 PM
The problem with offering him a great deal over 2/3 yrs with a buy out clause is he might flop in the Championship this season and all the interest drops. I don't think he would sign it anyway, and i don't thing he'll flop either. If he plays well this season he could be worth quite a lot of £££££ in Jan. Will TS gamble.....?

Clubs very rarely pay a lot of £££££ in January.

CAMiller
27-06-2022, 08:55 PM
Topsy if you were running the purse strings, Would you offer him a 4 year contract with a buy out clause? What would you be willing to pay him.

If the very top teams who know they'll be in the Premiership, know they'll likely be in the Champions League, know they'll have 60,000 at every home game, know they have huge income through sponsorships and merchandise and know they have extremely rich owners can't always persuade their 'star' players to sign on the dotted line a year before their contract expires why do people think we have a chance getting our 'star' players to do it?

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-06-2022, 09:00 PM
If the very top teams who know they'll be in the Premiership, know they'll likely be in the Champions League, know they'll have 60,000 at every home game, know they have huge income through sponsorships and merchandise and know they have extremely rich owners can't always persuade their 'star' players to sign on the dotted line a year before their contract expires why do people think we have a chance getting our 'star' players to do it?

Ah but in our case it would mean giving up the delights of Rotherham town centre

Scum-Triumphant
28-06-2022, 05:18 AM
The last time we played in the championship he filled in at left back for most of the season.
I honestly think he has the potential to shine in our midfield this season.

millertop
28-06-2022, 07:18 AM

I haven’t a clue on values of players but I don’t think Wiles is worth the millions posters are saying, not sure we should be starting with buy out clauses.
I was thinking more on an extra two year contract on top of the one he’s got.

If the club get what they think he’s worth and sell him then I wouldn’t moan about, be disappointed he’s gone and still hoping he’s here another season.

Ronners
28-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Lots of your football posts make sense m8. Problem is they are lost in the repetitive bull shine.

Bloody ell cayton, you actually think lots of gru's football posts make sense?....sorry gru😉🙄

Ronners
28-06-2022, 01:58 PM
I haven’t a clue on values of players but I don’t think Wiles is worth the millions posters are saying, not sure we should be starting with buy out clauses.
I was thinking more on an extra two year contract on top of the one he’s got.

If the club get what they think he’s worth and sell him then I wouldn’t moan about, be disappointed he’s gone and still hoping he’s here another season.

Totally disagree with you about what Ben Wiles is worth Topsy, this lad, for me anyway, is one of the best players to come through our ranks, and he's still improving.
When bigger teams look at up and coming players he has already proved he is championship level and as I said he will only get better.
For him to maximize his potential he needs now to go to a team with positive ambition, and I dont mean that to sound like a slight to our own team, but whilst our ambition this season is survival, he needs to go and prove he can cope with pressure at the top end of the table and make us a lot of money in the process.
I would love this lad to stay with us but in my opinion it would hinder his progress UTM

millertop
28-06-2022, 02:06 PM
Totally disagree with you about what Ben Wiles is worth Topsy, this lad, for me anyway, is one of the best players to come through our ranks, and he's still improving.
When bigger teams look at up and coming players he has already proved he is championship level and as I said he will only get better.
For him to maximize his potential he needs now to go to a team with positive ambition, and I dont mean that to sound like a slight to our own team, but whilst our ambition this season is survival, he needs to go and prove he can cope with pressure at the top end of the table and make us a lot of money in the process.
I would love this lad to stay with us but in my opinion it would hinder his progress UTM

I hope you’re right and I would love to see him at a higher club but atm I’m not seeing it but I’ve been known to big players up who have gone down hill so what do I know 😉

mellowmiller
28-06-2022, 02:22 PM
I hope you’re right and I would love to see him at a higher club but atm I’m not seeing it but I’ve been known to big players up who have gone down hill so what do I know 😉
Exactly! What do any of us know? We can all have our opinions but the only ones that matter are those of the management and recruitment teams. Perhaps we should just let them get on with it 🤔

Ronners
28-06-2022, 02:24 PM

Lol that's what this board, and all message boards, are about Topsy, opinions, even gru's so let's not forget that. UTM

pip_y
28-06-2022, 02:51 PM
That’s got me thinking about players who have gone on to ‘much higher’ things. Dave Watson, Seamus and Mimms spring to mind. Any others?

Grist_To_The_Mill
28-06-2022, 03:04 PM
That’s got me thinking about players who have gone on to ‘much higher’ things. Dave Watson, Seamus and Mimms spring to mind. Any others?

The goat

pip_y
28-06-2022, 03:26 PM
More recently- Tavernier & Grabban

ragingpup
28-06-2022, 03:41 PM

Gerry Forest played in the top league with Southampton for a few seasons

millertop
28-06-2022, 04:27 PM
More recently- Tavernier & Grabban

Could argue Tavernier with it being Scottish club but yes he’s done well for himself

pip_y
28-06-2022, 04:28 PM
Could argue he was only a loan player!

Lolmorgan
28-06-2022, 04:51 PM
Paul Stancliffe did very well at Sheffield Utd.

MillerBill
28-06-2022, 09:58 PM

Back in his true position in an attacking central midfield,he finished last season as good as anybody.There is no doubt this lad gas a very good future.Personally,I would keep him because with him, we will definitely stay up quite comfortably.

avondalemiller
28-06-2022, 11:19 PM
I agree we should try to keep him with an extended contract. We've just lost Smith, Icky, with Wiles, Chieo in their last year. These 2 alone could be worth quite alot of money. This wage cap is ok but, pay them what they're worth. If it upsets any other players so be it. Other teams seem to manage...............UTM.

Ronners
29-06-2022, 05:18 AM
Back in his true position in an attacking central midfield,he finished last season as good as anybody.There is no doubt this lad gas a very good future.Personally,I would keep him because with him, we will definitely stay up quite comfortably.

I agree we should try to keep him with an extended contract. We've just lost Smith, Icky, with Wiles, Chieo in their last year. These 2 alone could be worth quite alot of money. This wage cap is ok but, pay them what they're worth. If it upsets any other players so be it. Other teams seem to manage...............UTM.

I'm not disagreeing with either of you that I would love to keep Wiles, but if I was his agent then I'd advise him to wait and see what happens before penning another contract, just like smudger and icky did.
He's younger than both of them, proven at championship level and still improving and could potentially get 2 or 3 really good contracts with bigger championship clubs with ambition.
Of course we'd have a much better chance of staying in the championship with him, but if the right bid is made then we would have to sell the lad. UTM

caytonmiller
29-06-2022, 07:16 AM

This is ok but then next season you have barlazer, rathbone, Victor, Vickers, Harding ect all looking for contract extension. Do you pay them over the wage structure? It doesn't take long for finances to spiral.

MILLERSTALE
29-06-2022, 07:52 AM
Forget about who is leaving for a minute ! but who is arriving ? it’s all gone very quiet with no rumours circulating apart from Lucan like Bramall who was arriving last week !

Usually there is some leaks ! but it’s all quiet, we need another striker, two more centre backs, a midfielder, a left back/ wing back and preferably a winger before we fly out on Saturday ??

MillerBill
29-06-2022, 08:58 AM
Forget about who is leaving for a minute ! but who is arriving ? it’s all gone very quiet with no rumours circulating apart from Lucan like Bramall who was arriving last week !

Usually there is some leaks ! but it’s all quiet, we need another striker, two more centre backs, a midfielder, a left back/ wing back and preferably a winger before we fly out on Saturday ??
You're right there's still a lot of incomings we need to focus on, as you've identified.

Derbymiller
29-06-2022, 10:06 AM

PW said last week he expected 6 arrivals last week and for one of the back stabbers to stay, that means the squad is at least 4 players light

millertop
29-06-2022, 11:26 AM
I’m sure they’ll be here at some point before season starts, hopefully there might be a signing or two this week but yes it’s very quiet

:eek:

gru
29-06-2022, 01:41 PM
What would rather do get players in we can afford or sell say Chioe & get a better standard of player in. Chioe he's going to go before season 23/24 I'd sell him now me not later this window when most of our recruitment will be done.

MillerBill
29-06-2022, 02:11 PM
I think we have to be realistic and accept that we have to sell one of the prize jewels each year to fund new replacements.The chairman has done this the last few seasons.Selling Ogbene while his value is high would make sense.I had heard a rumour that Forest were interested in Chioe,we'll have to wait and see but not too long a wait, as we are only four weeks away from the start of the new season.We also have better funding this year through better gate receipts,hospitality revenue and extra sponsorship deals.Plus 7+ million by being in the championship.So get the true proper value for Ogbene and we should be in a good position to recruit well.

Grist_To_The_Mill
29-06-2022, 03:56 PM
I’m sure they’ll be here at some point before season starts, hopefully there might be a signing or two this week but yes it’s very quiet

:eek:

Is this a library, is this a library?

Ronners
29-06-2022, 05:29 PM
What would rather do get players in we can afford or sell say Chioe & get a better standard of player in. Chioe he's going to go before season 23/24 I'd sell him now me not later this window when most of our recruitment will be done.

We can only sell a player if someone comes in with an offer, and if someone did, what if the offer wasn't acceptable to the club?
Do we have to accept an offer that falls short just because a player will be out of contract at this time next year? because that wouldn't sit well with us supporters either. The club have to prepare for this coming season without worrying about losing players, but if a good offer comes in for any of our players then that is a different conversation, the club can only prepare as best they can for the coming season and see what happens before the transfer window closes. UTM

Timbertop
29-06-2022, 05:31 PM
Think any potential signings will now be holding back until the Croatian hill running is over !!

Townerslovechild
29-06-2022, 06:14 PM
what would rather do get players in we can afford or sell say chioe & get a better standard of player in. Chioe he's going to go before season 23/24 i'd sell him now me not later this window when most of our recruitment will be done.

echo....echo....echo

Grist_To_The_Mill
29-06-2022, 06:33 PM
Think any potential signings will now be holding back until the Croatian hill running is over !!

As agile as a mountain Croat

welovebooth
29-06-2022, 06:57 PM
Wiles to Burnley is in the local and nationsls.

clarkey1974
29-06-2022, 06:59 PM
Wiles to Burnley is in the local and nationsls.

So was cohen bramall….

MILLERSTALE
29-06-2022, 07:32 PM
So was cohen bramall….

Don’t think Burnley were in for Bramall ?

Godsend.F.C.
30-06-2022, 09:03 AM
No-one is leaving this week.

millertop
30-06-2022, 10:17 AM
Advertiser Sport
@rothtisersport
·
1h
"Currently there is no substantial bid that we have to consider. As far as I know Ben Wiles is in my plans." Rotherham United manager Paul Warne addresses speculation linking his midfield ace with Burnley.
#rufc
https://tinyurl.com/mrynchbu

Ronners
30-06-2022, 02:26 PM
Advertiser Sport
@rothtisersport
·
1h
"Currently there is no substantial bid that we have to consider. As far as I know Ben Wiles is in my plans." Rotherham United manager Paul Warne addresses speculation linking his midfield ace with Burnley.
#rufc

That could mean that there is a bid but not one that the club have to consider. UTM

Grist_To_The_Mill
30-06-2022, 03:18 PM
Advertiser Sport
@rothtisersport
·
1h
#rufc

Based on his beliefs regarding Smith and Ihiekwe that info could be invalid in less than 24 hours

mellowmiller
30-06-2022, 06:31 PM
Advertiser Sport
@rothtisersport
·
1h
#rufc

Translation: he's definitely going next week 🤔