PDA

View Full Version : Yippee

alfinyalcabo
04-07-2022, 05:51 PM
The rumour is Weghorst has gone. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Must be one of the worst signings we've ever made. He alone is responsible for our drop to the championship with the absolute sitters he has missed. I wish him all the whorst with his future football career.

army88
04-07-2022, 06:06 PM
The rumour is Weghorst has gone. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Must be one of the worst signings we've ever made. He alone is responsible for our drop to the championship with the absolute sitters he has missed. I wish him all the whorst with his future football career.

Nice play on words Alf.

alfinyalcabo
04-07-2022, 06:49 PM
Haha,the thing is Army,it's probably only on loan,but I can't see him ever playing for us again(hopefully)

ClaretinBudapest
04-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Haha,the thing is Army,it's probably only on loan,but I can't see him ever playing for us again(hopefully)

Could not have said it better myself Alf.Most centre-backs were quicker than him and that is always a bad sign.

kritichris
04-07-2022, 07:36 PM
Did you know Weghorst means workhorse, donkey seems more appropriate.

alfinyalcabo
04-07-2022, 08:01 PM

😁😁👍

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2022, 08:29 PM
I will say a big YIPEE when they lock one of these corrupt Royal clowns up...

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/europe/prince-charles-multimillion-dollar-property-deals-under-scrutiny-20220704-p5ayuo.html

alfinyalcabo
04-07-2022, 08:32 PM
Wrong thread BT. You going senile in your old age ? Lol

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2022, 08:48 PM
Wrong thread BT. You going senile in your old age ? Lol

Right thread for me alfie. We got shut of Weghorst, Royal family next. O:)

ClaretinBudapest
04-07-2022, 09:36 PM

Very appropriate.

Swissclaret
05-07-2022, 08:05 AM
I agree about Weghorst. A massive disappointment.

I don’t think Cornet’s missed penalty at West Ham helped. That cost us two points.

sinkov
05-07-2022, 08:25 AM
I feel sorry for Wout, so he missed some sitters, so do they all, I've mentioned Juke before, he played 30 odd games for us and never scored a single goal, but as far as I'm aware no Burney fan sticks pins into effigies of Juke. Raheem Stirling misses more sitters per game than Wout, but plays for City and England, difference is when he misses one, another chance usually comes along five minutes later, Wout misses one for Burnley and it might be five games before another one comes along.

And Weghorst isn't responsible for our relegation, none of the players are, nor the manager or coaches, those responsible are/were in the boardroom, they ensured we were going down, the manager and players held off the inevitable for a couple of seasons, but it was coming, just a matter of time, as many on here have often pointed out.

army88
05-07-2022, 09:25 AM
I feel sorry for Wout, so he missed some sitters, so do they all, I've mentioned Juke before, he played 30 odd games for us and never scored a single goal, but as far as I'm aware no Burney fan sticks pins into effigies of Juke. Raheem Stirling misses more sitters per game than Wout, but plays for City and England, difference is when he misses one, another chance usually comes along five minutes later, Wout misses one for Burnley and it might be five games before another one comes along.

And Weghorst isn't responsible for our relegation, none of the players are, nor the manager or coaches, those responsible are/were in the boardroom, they ensured we were going down, the manager and players held off the inevitable for a couple of seasons, but it was coming, just a matter of time, as many on here have often pointed out.

Absolutely right Sinkov the heir achy stiffed us and tbh it has been coming - if I could get my old man on here he’d tell you that at the Brighton game 2021 my first prediction was that this would be the season we were relegated ( probably on my posts on here anyway ) that was based on one game at home we were slow abject and the manager sadly didn’t know how to make it work with what he had ( I accept the players weren’t good enough but we should have closed games out many times in the first 10 games and didn’t.

As for weghorst I think he was dealt a bum card tbh and it was maybe desperation on our part thinking a 6ft 5 forward would work a treat , I’ve posted previously I don’t think he’s as bad a footballer as some would have you believe - problem is he was sold to the fans as the messiah come to save the drop - but he spent along time at the wrong end of the field winning balls back , doesn’t have the pace to get away when he’s too far back , and when he is up front we kicked balls in the air up to him against 2/3 centre backs as we couldn’t get close enough to support him anyway.

I don’t think it was his fault the leagues lost over 38 games and he didn’t play most of them so can’t be.

WillPark
05-07-2022, 11:12 AM
I’m not going to say a bad word against Weghorst either. I’m hoping he’ll come back next year playing for us in the PL scoring 20 goals :)

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2022, 02:21 PM
I’m not going to say a bad word against Weghorst either. I’m hoping he’ll come back next year playing for us in the PL scoring 20 goals :)

My first sighting of Weghorst was in a very wet and windy Tuesday night game against Watford on Turf Moor.

It finished goalless, I thought Weghorst was $hite then and he did nothing after that to suggest to me that I was wrong.

Good riddance and please don't come back.

alfinyalcabo
05-07-2022, 02:23 PM
My first sighting of Weghorst was in a very wet and windy Tuesday night game against Watford on Turf Moor.

It finished goalless, I thought Weghorst was $hite then and he did nothing after that to suggest to me that I was wrong.

X2

sinkov
05-07-2022, 02:45 PM

He isn't coming back, he said so, he doesn't want to play for us, he said he didn't want to play for a club whose fans were w@nkers, except for one or two notable exceptions. I think he meant me and army. XD

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2022, 02:50 PM
He isn't coming back, he said so, he doesn't want to play for us, he said he didn't want to play for a club whose fans were w@nkers, except for one or two notable exceptions. I think he meant me and army. XD

Terrier Taxis took him to the airport, he said the boss was OK (that's me!) but he said the smart arse in Clitheroe is a "ficker"

Make of that what you will mon ami. ;D

ClaretinBudapest
05-07-2022, 04:31 PM
Terrier Taxis took him to the airport, he said the boss was OK (that's me!) but he said the smart arse in Clitheroe is a "ficker"

Make of that what you will mon ami. ;D

Did you check his flight ticket BT-return or one way?

ClaretinBudapest
05-07-2022, 04:33 PM

Except for Cornet before he went to the African Nations Cup and came back with a dose of Burnley striker malaise, all our front men were schoite all season but you could argue so were the rest of the team bar Popey.We desperately needed an attacking midfield talisman.We went for Orsic but ended up with Stephens.His signing was the epitomy of BFC under Garlick.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-07-2022, 04:42 AM
Except for Cornet before he went to the African Nations Cup and came back with a dose of Burnley striker malaise, all our front men were schoite all season but you could argue so were the rest of the team bar Popey.We desperately needed an attacking midfield talisman.We went for Orsic but ended up with Stephens.His signing was the epitomy of BFC under Garlick.

Poetic CiB, but not true. Stephens was in before Orsic was even mentioned. :blue:

We ended up with Stephens because Garlick was saving all of the club's Wonga for a massive pay day for himself and his buddy John. :mad:

ClaretinBudapest
06-07-2022, 07:13 AM
Poetic CiB, but not true. Stephens was in before Orsic was even mentioned. :blue:

We ended up with Stephens because Garlick was saving all of the club's Wonga for a massive pay day for himself and his buddy John. :mad:

I know he was signed way before under Garlick that is why we ended up with him in midfield instead of Orsic after Christmas.That is also why I said he was the epitomy of BFC transfer policy under Garlick-old,unwanted by anybody else and cheap but inevitably was just a waste of money.Like Joe Hart,like Crouch,like Jonathan Walters-the list is endless.The cheap option is usually the expensive option in the end.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-07-2022, 07:36 AM
I know he was signed way before under Garlick that is why we ended up with him in midfield instead of Orsic after Christmas.That is also why I said he was the epitomy of BFC transfer policy under Garlick-old,unwanted by anybody else and cheap but inevitably was just a waste of money.Like Joe Hart,like Crouch,like Jonathan Walters-the list is endless.The cheap option is usually the expensive option in the end.

Kompany is certainly standing that old policy right on its head CiB. I'm ready for the new season already!

ClaretinBudapest
06-07-2022, 08:27 AM
Kompany is certainly standing that old policy right on its head CiB. I'm ready for the new season already!

Very refreshing-a whole new and welcome direction.Lets get behind him,be patient and hope it works.I am very happy with business so far.

sinkov
06-07-2022, 08:50 AM
Front of house is functioning nicely, I still worry about the state of the kitchen though, who knows what's happening in there.

ClaretinBudapest
06-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Front of house is functioning nicely, I still worry about the state of the kitchen though, who knows what's happening in there.

It is the housekeeping I am worried about Sinkov.Too much money being spent on taxis and not enough money going into the pot.

sinkov
06-07-2022, 04:20 PM
It is the housekeeping I am worried about Sinkov.Too much money being spent on taxis and not enough money going into the pot.

Do have a pot even ? :blue:

The Bedlington Terrier
06-07-2022, 07:49 PM
Do have a pot even ? :blue:

Pace is getting the money from somewhere, five in already and it's only 06/07/22.

sinkov
06-07-2022, 08:47 PM
Pace is getting the money from somewhere, five in already and it's only 06/07/22.

Maybe he has connections in the Royal Family, they never seem to have a problem getting the money from somewhere.

WillPark
06-07-2022, 09:03 PM
If I haven’t misunderstood this completely... according to Crouch Dyche signed him after they met on a concert on the Isle of Man ...?? I think Dyche had more to say on transfers than what I’ve wanted to believe... About Weghorst. Yeah I don’t see him coming back, but he is not a bad footballer... he worked hard and was quite frustrated at times. But he came into a team who according to Bardsley had lost the spark, didn’t preform well... with a manager and a team that thought he was Wood. Must’ve been frustrating! :)

WillPark
07-07-2022, 07:52 PM
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/wout-weghorst-burnley-transfer-news-24420808

ClaretinBudapest
07-07-2022, 09:42 PM
Maybe he has connections in the Royal Family, they never seem to have a problem getting the money from somewhere.

Maybe this explains the carrier bags of dosh to Chas.