PDA

View Full Version : O/T Ay It Hot

phild
14-07-2022, 06:54 AM
Weather shocker - hot weather forecast for summer!! How we gonna survive?? What's with all this hysteria about a couple of days of saharan heat, its nowt compared to 1976.

DaveP67 is back!
14-07-2022, 07:32 AM
Been pretty good this year, enough rain at the right time for the farmers, bit of heat now is just what we need to boost the British seaside.

baggieal
14-07-2022, 11:14 AM
Been pretty good this year, enough rain at the right time for the farmers, bit of heat now is just what we need to boost the British seaside.

Not much of a British feel of a few seasides in Kent which are full of illegals making them third world township ghettoes. Hopefully the new PM will once and for all put in a rock solid processing system ie armed forces patrolling the channel!

Albionic68
14-07-2022, 11:39 AM
Weather shocker - hot weather forecast for summer!! How we gonna survive?? What's with all this hysteria about a couple of days of saharan heat, its nowt compared to 1976.

Loving this weather.

Omegstrat6
14-07-2022, 11:57 AM
Loving this weather.

I remember the summer of 76 well and enjoyed it but I must be getting old as don't like this kind of heat now (it was 29c at 9pm when I started my night shift yesterday). Ok where I am if we get a sea breeze out the front but back garden is like a sauna and our poor dog doesn't like it much either. Still, better than it being miserable and drizzly I suppose

Dubbag
14-07-2022, 12:22 PM
Have been on hols this past two weeks or so...mostly wild camping around the county of Wexford. Great camping weather for sure.
Back in work on Monday......where over here may go above 30'C, which is extremely hot for Dublin....My work place allows no open windows for obvious reasons and with the vents and other medical devices running pushes the indoor temp up to about 40'C......no air condition where I work.
In fact just before I went on hols I made a list of the radiators still screaming full on...FFS...bet they will still be on when I return.......:P

phild
14-07-2022, 07:19 PM
I remember the old BBC weather forecast maps with Michael Fish who used them sticky round magnetic numbers that were orange with the the temperature numbers on em

Now the the BBC weather map is a glowing mass of red fire like the world is coming to an end.

mickd1961
14-07-2022, 08:08 PM
I remember the old BBC weather forecast maps with Michael Fish who used them sticky round magnetic numbers that were orange with the the temperature numbers on em

Now the the BBC weather map is a glowing mass of red fire like the world is coming to an end.

You wouldn’t want Fish babysitting your kids!

Dubbag
15-07-2022, 10:18 AM
A red warning for extreme heat has been issued for the first time for England on Monday and Tuesday, when temperatures could reach 40C for the first time.
These are not normal temperatures.......many machines are not designed to operate in extreme heat conditions. Also a drought can happen in winter when temps are low...so it is not in this case about drought but rather the increase in heat at extremely high temps.....
I remember the summer of 1976....it was long warm and dry...but we never went over 30'C here in Ireland..
Over 60's years of age and the human body doesn't regulate temp as efficiently as someone in there twenties.

Omegstrat6
15-07-2022, 10:28 AM
Curtains drawn, fan on time ....and walking the dog and watering the garden at either 9pm or 6am.

mickd1961
15-07-2022, 10:30 AM
A red warning for extreme heat has been issued for the first time for England on Monday and Tuesday, when temperatures could reach 40C for the first time.
These are not normal temperatures.......many machines are not designed to operate in extreme heat conditions. Also a drought can happen in winter when temps are low...so it is not in this case about drought but rather the increase in heat at extremely high temps.....
I remember the summer of 1976....it was long warm and dry...but we never went over 30'C here in Ireland..
Over 60's years of age and the human body doesn't regulate temp as efficiently as someone in there twenties.

For anyone who hasn’t got one I’d highly recommend the Dyson air purifier fan.

I’ve had mine for three years now and use it in my lounge and my bedroom.

It takes the warm air and cools it and it’s made a massive difference to my sleep in warmer weather.

It also reverts to being a fan heater in winter if you want to use it in that way.

It takes microbes and pollen out of the air as well.

I think it cost around £300 but it’s one of my best investments and I even take it away on holiday with me.

If you have the spare cash they are well worth it.

phild
15-07-2022, 05:44 PM
Extreme heat warning lol ;D

How many offices wont be going to work on Monday and no doubt will be working from home. Ive never heard such idiocy on the news in all my life. Stay hydrated, dont put strain on your body keep the curtains shut... or you could die

mickd1961
15-07-2022, 05:51 PM
I could fry an egg in my crotch at the moment.

Albionic68
15-07-2022, 06:03 PM
I could fry an egg in my crotch at the moment.

More mental imagery which cannot be unseen. First it was the whimsical flirting of Sunak in his budgie smugglers and now it's you poking your poking thing through a yoke with egg white dribbling over your nadgers. This place should cum with a public health warning.

Albionic68
15-07-2022, 06:04 PM
Ffs.

phild
15-07-2022, 06:52 PM
BREAKING NEWS - Predictor in chief Neil Ferguson and also a scientist ffs as predicted that it wont be 39c on Tuesday but it will in fact be 10,000 celsius, but it still wont stop me going to Torquay on Monday

Albionic68
15-07-2022, 06:54 PM
BREAKING NEWS - Predictor in chief Neil Ferguson and also a scientist ffs as predicted that it wont be 39c on Tuesday but it will in fact be 10,000 celsius, but it still wont stop me going to Torquay on Monday

I suggest you leave early and take plenty of water for the journey down 😉 .

phild
15-07-2022, 07:00 PM
I suggest you leave early and take plenty of water for the journey down �� .

That's great advice Dan, I think that you may have saved my life, I owe ya one ;)

Albionic68
15-07-2022, 07:19 PM
That's great advice Dan, I think that you may have saved my life, I owe ya one ;)

Eye fink you mite bee rite which means you owe me a pint. Just so long as it's not an Al' pint which I still haven't got 😉 .

Dubbag
19-07-2022, 04:20 PM
Hot today....🔥

baggieal
19-07-2022, 04:36 PM
Eye fink you mite bee rite which means you owe me a pint. Just so long as it's not an Al' pint which I still haven't got 😉 .

I’m nice and cool sitting on a sun-bed in Florida sipping a bud or two. Nice then to go back to a cool air conditioned pad and read a book!

Returning just in time for the Boro game so hope it’s not an abortion! No sign of any machine guns or that c unt Robus!

mickd1961
19-07-2022, 04:57 PM
Hot today....🔥

Crotch pot cooking hot today here Dubs.

I went to the Gym and did 75 minutes as it’s very cool inside but outside it was 38.5 c according to my car.

I’m so glad it’s dropping like a stone tomorrow.

Only 86 days until the clicks change and we get into some proper weather.

Dubbag
19-07-2022, 07:56 PM
Our thermometers were showing 40'C+ on the unit.....even before we have on mandatory face mask PP2 all day...
Machines blowing out warm air as well.......it was uncomfortable,for the day to say the least...
Mix in the copious amounts of shyte odor....and well you get the picture......anyway not back in till the weekend.....

Dubbag
08-08-2022, 05:57 PM
Another hot spell on the way and centering on Black Country this time round and the general Birmingham region.
I think what it becoming very obvious is that this lack of rain is covering most of Europe as well. The map shows how bad it has become and looks like worse conditions ahead.
The only difference between what the modelling was predicting just ten years a go and today, is that it is converging quicker then the prediction expected. I suspect, mainly because they under estimated how much methane gas was being released from the permafrost in the Tundras around the world ..

mickd1961
08-08-2022, 06:04 PM
Nice and cool at my gym today though.

It’s like a little dungeon and pretty dark so it makes it a pleasure until my fitness trainer gets the nipple clamps out.

Dubbag
12-08-2022, 06:38 AM
It's hotting up now.
Have you restrictions in place in Black County yet?
Much of the country is currently experiencing extreme heat and little rainfall, after the start of a four-day amber extreme heat warning, below normal levels in waterways, and England's driest July since 1935 during which the temperature rose above 40C for the first time.

phild
12-08-2022, 07:27 AM
Not yet Dubs. But later I will use a hosepipe to water the garden, wash the car then I might spray loads and loads of water to get me driveway clean. . ;) I will also take a walk in the searing heat without a cap or sunblock

boingy
12-08-2022, 08:23 AM
76 was awful but mainly because it went on for weeks. I have to admit I am finding this 4 days of this heat hard because you really don't want to do anything. In fact its hard doing nothing. Went shopping at 8:00 this morning and by 9:00 I was about to pass out.

Dubbag
12-08-2022, 08:40 AM
Not yet Dubs. But later I will use a hosepipe to water the garden, wash the car then I might spray loads and loads of water to get me driveway clean. . ;) I will also take a walk in the searing heat without a cap or sunblock

Well I have just finished my morning run and it's already showing 21'C. Yesterday was around the same temp but at about 5K I was weary. So stopped the clock and jogged the other 3K back to the car and got home and out into the garden for relaxing sun bath...
I will be in PPE for the next two days with no air condition so am making most of it...O:)

kettering_baggie
12-08-2022, 08:59 AM
I went out cycling yesterday and really enjoyed it; one of the nice things about cycling is that you can generate an increase in airflow around you, just have to get the speed up! Got back from the ride about 12:30pm and it pretty much wiped me out for the rest of the day!!!!

kettering_baggie
12-08-2022, 09:09 AM
It's hotting up now.
Have you restrictions in place in Black County yet?
Much of the country is currently experiencing extreme heat and little rainfall, after the start of a four-day amber extreme heat warning, below normal levels in waterways, and England's driest July since 1935 during which the temperature rose above 40C for the first time.

Here in Northamptonshire we seem to be relatively well off water-wise compared to many other areas. Both Rutland Water and Grafham Water reservoirs serve this area and still have plenty of water in them. I think that the network of water supplies between several reservoirs around here is pretty good and Anglian Water have stated that they do not have plans for water restrictions at the moment.

Dubbag
12-08-2022, 12:20 PM
I studied horticulture for a number of years and I use to very much like the weather station that we had to monitor daily.
Over here most soils can retain upwards of90% soil moisture content even in Summer time when it is seasonally warm and hot.
What was most significant about the last heat wave over here was the very quick reduction in soil moisture content. Depending on how long it lasts, soil moisture content can be hard to get back to same level as the soil gets degraded and can not hold the same amount of water again.
This is a big concern for many farmers across the world as it directly affects the crop yield at harvest time.
This is a major feature of heatwaves.But one not to noticeable other then by farmers.....

Dubbag
12-08-2022, 12:33 PM
Here in Northamptonshire we seem to be relatively well off water-wise compared to many other areas. Both Rutland Water and Grafham Water reservoirs serve this area and still have plenty of water in them. I think that the network of water supplies between several reservoirs around here is pretty good and Anglian Water have stated that they do not have plans for water restrictions at the moment.

Droughts have been declared in parts of southwest, southern and central England and all of eastern England as high temperatures continue to fry the country.

The affected areas are:

• Devon and Cornwall
• Solent and South Downs
• Kent and South London
• Herts and North London
• East Anglia
• Thames
• Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire
• East Midlands