PDA

View Full Version : Art Collecting.

mickd1961
14-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Any collectors on here?

I like an artist called Doug Hyde who paints happy, childlike pictures,I’m sure a few of you will know of him.

I don’t “collect” as such,I just buy occasionally if he produces something I like and I have a wall space for it.

I ordered this one today called “Garden Party” which he painted in tribute to the Jubilee.

Simple, happy pictures, nothing pretentious.

https://www.arthouse-gallery.co.uk/Garden-Party-By-Doug-Hyde-Timed-Releas

DaveP67 is back!
15-07-2022, 07:16 AM
Have a few mixed media pieces by Chloe Nugent but my collecting passion is vintage watches, only really got into it over the last few years but love the history and craftsmanship.

Joy_Division
15-07-2022, 12:31 PM
Yes I love art. I like Alan Streets who paints buildings and landscapes as he sees them which come out weird due to his mental condition, Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart) who paints naive abstract and Gerhard Richter who is a visual artist and photorealistic artist. I have a small Alan Streets painting that he did for me as a favour but I could not afford anything by Van Vliet and as for Gerhard Richer some of his paintings cost nearly as much as what the tw*t of a Chinaman paid for the Albion.

Bombers right foot
15-07-2022, 03:11 PM
Into watercolour and acrylics in a big way, not masterpieces by any means but enjoy doing them, check out Charles Evans, Paul Clarke and Geoff Kersey, all brilliant artists with there own style, watched them demonstrate at art shows in London, NEC, Patchings and Ilkley they are fantastic teachers

Leicesterbaggie
15-07-2022, 03:52 PM
My wife paints in water colours and although she doesn't rate herself, some of her work is quite good. She's off to 'Patchings' with a friend on Sunday. It's only twenty odd miles up the road from us.
We've stopped watching programmes such as 'Lanscape Artist of the Year' because we can always pick the winners. Choose the one you think is the worst and it wins. These so called experts do talk some c rap!!

boingy
15-07-2022, 04:29 PM
My wife's paintings are more than enough for me to have at home. I love art though, I just chose the music route because it floats my boat more. My wife is a really good artist. I have certain paintings I love like The 4th of May by Goya, and I love Bruegel, and other works, but what I love the most is Angie listening to a track I'm working on and then me looking at a piece she is working on as we both pass comments and observations. One of Angie's below, that she did for me. (Its a graveyard in the US for old de-commissioned trains)

mickd1961
15-07-2022, 04:37 PM
My wife's paintings are more than enough for me to have at home. I love art though, I just chose the music route because it floats my boat more. My wife is a really good artist. I have certain paintings I love like The 4th of May by Goya, and I love Bruegel, and other works, but what I love the most is Angie listening to a track I'm working on and then me looking at a piece she is working on as we both pass comments and observations. One of Angie's below, that she did for me. (Its a graveyard in the US for old de-commissioned trains)

Her art might be better than your music mate😏

Your song “When The Time Is Right” is still the only song I actually have saved on my phone.

I still find it hard to believe nobody has ever used it as a film score, I really do think it’s THAT good.

I reckon if someone famous had released it it would’ve sold in big numbers but I’m not sure anyone else could do it justice vocally.

Maybe Chris Rea.

Superb song though.

boingy
15-07-2022, 04:53 PM
Her art might be better than your music mate��

Your song “When The Time Is Right” is still the only song I actually have saved on my phone.

I still find it hard to believe nobody has ever used it as a film score, I really do think it’s THAT good.

I reckon if someone famous had released it it would’ve sold in big numbers but I’m not sure anyone else could do it justice vocally.

Maybe Chris Rea.

Superb song though.

Thanks Mick, Its great to know it means that much. I might not have actually sent that to my publisher for that purpose.

9goals2hattricks3pen
16-07-2022, 08:00 PM
Last piece of art I bought was The Moon by Tracy Savage on a visit to Scarborough.

https://www.tracysavage.co.uk/original-works/

Love the Game of Life series by McKenzie Thorpe. His images of a boy going to football with his dad brings back so many happy memories of me going to see the Albion with my lad. Thorpe is a Boro fan so unfortunately the boy wears red. My wife can paint a bit and reproduced this this with Baggies colours. Hangs in the study.

https://frameuk.net/product/mackenzie-thorpe-the-game-of-life/

PS. That Boingy is fantastic.