PDA

View Full Version : Any Thoughts On Next PM

baggieal
18-07-2022, 09:10 PM
Any thoughts? Don’t these out of touch MP’s understand the anti public feeling towards Sunak?

Sunak still was fined for breaking lock down rules when people were dying and could not see loved ones. The c unts wife is also avoiding taxation with her Non Dom status whether it’s legal or not. Lastly the Mrs has millions of pounds worth of investments in Russia so this could become a conflict of interests on U.K. sanctions!

Any thoughts on this and any reassurance this w anker won’t become the next PM?

All very well for some like myself who are comfortable to say no tax cuts but what about all those genuine people who are being hammered and can’t feed their kids!!’

mickd1961
18-07-2022, 09:49 PM
I now think it’ll be Rich Sunak.

The rest are looking like lightweights including Truss and Mordaunt is being kicked from all directions, unfairly in my opinion.

Sunak is the only “Beast” in the contest, I’ll be amazed now if it’s not him.

Omegstrat6
18-07-2022, 10:03 PM

The rest are looking like lightweights including Truss and Mordaunt is being kicked from all directions, unfairly in my opinion.

Have to agree with you. Don't like Sunak but the others -even if you agree with much of what they say (e.g. Badenoch in my case) -lack the experience for the role and the main issue at the moment is the economy and cost of living crisis. It won't be an easy ride under Sunak but he is sadly the best qualified for this particular job in hand. January 2025 is going to seem a long way off😞

Leicesterbaggie
19-07-2022, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately, I also tend to agree. Wish it wasn't so but that's what it looks like.

Titchfieldbaggie
19-07-2022, 08:50 AM

In my 'umble opinion, Riski won't be forgiven in the'Shires' for his wife's Non Dom, or his own knifing of Boris. The Blue Rinse brigade will go for whoever is the alternative. Just hope it's not Truss, who has been practicing her Thatcherite credentials for years. That ship has sailed

kettering_baggie
19-07-2022, 09:14 AM
In my 'umble opinion, Riski won't be forgiven in the'Shires' for his wife's Non Dom, or his own knifing of Boris. The Blue Rinse brigade will go for whoever is the alternative. Just hope it's not Truss, who has been practicing her Thatcherite credentials for years. That ship has sailed

I tend to agree with that, Sunak will be in the final two but I think that the Conservative Party membership wil opt for whoever the alternative is. I have been well impressed with Badenoch but I don’t think that she’s quite ready for it yet and will be eliminated today. I have thought that it would be Mordaunt all along.

baggieal
19-07-2022, 02:39 PM
Truss now the bookies favourite. Sunak the c unt is tainted! He’s a dishonest crook whilst the Non Dom bird makes even more millions!

A woman leader would be good and a pity there’s not one in Russia where this old ego power crazed nutter wants to wipe Ukraine from the map!

TipperaryBaggie
19-07-2022, 03:36 PM
It is patently obvious now that we will have a woman PM. Sunak does not have the support of the Tory membership so whoever finishes second tomorrow will be PM.

mickd1961
19-07-2022, 03:39 PM
Mordaunt is toast after today’s vote.

Truss will gain old Bad Enoch’s votes to come at least second and then she’ll win the vote of the party faithful.

baggieal
19-07-2022, 03:51 PM
Mordaunt is toast after today’s vote.

Truss will gain old Bad Enoch’s votes to come at least second and then she’ll win the vote of the party faithful.

I hope so Mick! Truss has grown on me but Sunak will be another slimy and smarmy Blair whilst his Mrs the Non Dom will rape the country! Come on Truss!!

Omegstrat6
19-07-2022, 04:37 PM
Sadly agree that Badenoch's supporters will now mostly get behind Truss and whilst, of the remaining three, I personally much prefer Mordaunt overall, her campaign has lost traction and she is too centrist for traditional Conservatives.

Much as I dislike Sunak, I still think he is better placed than Truss to try and sort the economy .That said, I don't disagree with baggieal about Sunak being too tainted in the eyes of many voters who will likely get behind Truss instead. The thought of Truss as PM though is not one I relish😞

baggieal
19-07-2022, 04:43 PM
Sadly agree that Badenoch's supporters will now mostly get behind Truss and whilst, of the remaining three, I personally much prefer Mordaunt overall, her campaign has lost traction and she is too centrist for traditional Conservatives.

Much as I dislike Sunak, I still think he is better placed than Truss to try and sort the economy .That said, I don't disagree with baggieal about Sunak being too tainted in the eyes of many voters who will likely get behind Truss instead. The thought of Truss as PM though is not one I relish😞

Good post and agree! The party needs a fresh outlook though so Truss needs this opportunity! Sunak is tainted from the word go!

Don’t honestly feel Sunak did much for the economy when he was Chancellor and the money printing actually increased inflation. Whilst perhaps myself, you and others don’t need tax cuts - many in the country are in sheer hardship and there will be more strikes - riots and shop lifting if there’s no understanding or help for those who need it.

I like the fact Truss went to a poor school in a multi cultural area so will have more understanding than a rich p rick whose family aim is to get richer! One of the huge negatives about the Tory party - it’s seen to help those who are rich and part of the boys club!

mickd1961
19-07-2022, 04:58 PM
To be honest I expected to require at Truss at this point in my life!

Omegstrat6
19-07-2022, 05:22 PM
Good post and agree! The party needs a fresh outlook though so Truss needs this opportunity! Sunak is tainted from the word go!

Don’t honestly feel Sunak did much for the economy when he was Chancellor and the money printing actually increased inflation. Whilst perhaps myself, you and others don’t need tax cuts - many in the country are in sheer hardship and there will be more strikes - riots and shop lifting if there’s no understanding or help for those who need it.

I like the fact Truss went to a poor school in a multi cultural area so will have more understanding than a rich p rick whose family aim is to get richer! One of the huge negatives about the Tory party - it’s seen to help those who are rich and part of the boys club!

Whilst not in financial dire straights as many are, my own situation is worrying as we have no buffer and pretty much what comes in goes out with no spare for holidays etc so the looming increases in energy costs in October are a concern so I understand why tax cuts are appealing! However, I'm not sure how these would be funded without further borrowing which will make the hole bigger?

The country needs levelling up but cannot see any Conservative government giving financial assistance to the poorer paid at the expense of the rich.

I get why Truss's background will sit better than Sunak's but just question her experience/ability to manage the economy better

Ps
Hope you don't bump into Robus, but am sure you will give him an appropriate "welcome" if you do!😀

baggieal
19-07-2022, 05:38 PM
Whilst not in financial dire straights as many are, my own situation is worrying as we have no buffer and pretty much what comes in goes out with no spare for holidays etc so the looming increases in energy costs in October are a concern so I understand why tax cuts are appealing! However, I'm not sure how these would be funded without further borrowing which will make the hole bigger?

The country needs levelling up but cannot see any Conservative government giving financial assistance to the poorer paid at the expense of the rich.

I get why Truss's background will sit better than Sunak's but just question her experience/ability to manage the economy better

Ps
Hope you don't bump into Robus, but am sure you will give him an appropriate "welcome" if you do!😀

I feel for your situation and most are either in the same situation or worse! It will get worse as Putin will never give up so needs taking out!

Many are down sizing if they can but the housing market is cooling and no doubt will come to a standstill.

My late grandfather used to say put on a jumper if your cold and turn everything off unless needed. There seems more sense in this statement now than ever!

I always tell my younger daughter ( but she’s good anyway ) we can still go on holiday but many can’t so be grateful!

I would be angry with a rich boy putting the middle finger up than a woman who was brought up in a poor school and knows poverty and doing her best! That’s the difference.

If you want to go to a match but have no spare cash just message me and will send you a ticket!

Omegstrat6
19-07-2022, 05:51 PM
I feel for your situation and most are either in the same situation or worse! It will get worse as Putin will never give up so needs taking out!

Many are down sizing if they can but the housing market is cooling and no doubt will come to a standstill.

My late grandfather used to say put on a jumper if your cold and turn everything off unless needed. There seems more sense in this statement now than ever!

I always tell my younger daughter ( but she’s good anyway ) we can still go on holiday but many can’t so be grateful!

I would be angry with a rich boy putting the middle finger up than a woman who was brought up in a poor school and knows poverty and doing her best! That’s the difference.

If you want to go to a match but have no spare cash just message me and will send you a ticket!

Think there has been a thread on here before about how previous generations-and probably our own-were more adept at managing money and better at cost savings and housekeeping. Being considerably worse off than many of today's generation they had to be!

Anyhow, enjoy your break and thanks for your very kind offer!
Living where I do and having to work most weekends I'm afraid I have been very much an "armchair" fan of late but would be nice one day to get to meet up for a match with all the regulars on here and put faces to names

kettering_baggie
20-07-2022, 03:15 PM
Looks like Liz Truss for our new PM; I can’t believe that Sunak will be chosen by Conservative Party members. Sadly, the Tory MPs have excluded the one that I believe would have been certain to beat Labour; they certainly know how to score an own goal.

baggieal
20-07-2022, 03:28 PM
Looks like Liz Truss for our new PM; I can’t believe that Sunak will be chosen by Conservative Party members. Sadly, the Tory MPs have excluded the one that I believe would have been certain to beat Labour; they certainly know how to score an own goal.

Needs a new fresh outlook Ketts and good luck to Truss who deserves an opportunity. She grew up in a poor area and went to a multi cultural comp school so will know how people are struggling! Unlike the rich c unt whose sole aim is to enlarge the family treasure chest!

Come on Truss and go f uck yourself Sunak! 😭