PDA

View Full Version : Who is advising us on recruitment ?

malwayne
19-07-2022, 07:11 AM
With exciting times seemingly ahead of us, and the player recruitment policy undergoing a massive transformation, I’d like to know how we came to buy the likes of Luke McNally, and Scott Twine to start with. If you asked Pace to pinpoint Oxford and Milton Keynes on a map of this country, I bet you he’d have no idea where either place is. I am all for recruiting young players with potential, but it’s taken relegation and a shake up at the club ,to implement this new policy.
As I’ve stated before ,it’s like a breath of fresh air and a breeze blowing right through the whole club, which will surely fill our fan base with optimism. I’m looking forward to more players being brought in with this new idea. After all, once upon a time we were the leaders in bringing in youngsters and making something out of them . Are those days about to return ?

sinkov
19-07-2022, 07:50 AM
Maybe it runs in cycles, or depends where you are in the leagues. 10/11 years ago we were signing plenty of young players, Austin, Ings, Trippier and Mee the most succesful of them, even Sam Vokes was only 23 when we signed him. Dyche obviously decided we needed more experienced players to survive in the PL and the length of time we did survive in the PL proved he was right. In the end we were relegated, not because we signed too many experienced players, but because for two or three years we didn't sign enough players of PL quality at all.

Maybe if Vinni can get us up, histiory will repeat itself and he'll bring in more experience, I hope we get the chance to find out.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-07-2022, 08:48 AM
I think it's all part of a comprehensive shake up malwayne, and in reality it was badly needed.

Nobody can tell me Vinny does not understand what it takes to make a team competitive, just how competitive we can be, will be very interesting to see.

ClaretinBudapest
19-07-2022, 09:17 AM
I think it's all part of a comprehensive shake up malwayne, and in reality it was badly needed.

Nobody can tell me Vinny does not understand what it takes to make a team competitive, just how competitive we can be, will be very interesting to see.

I hope we hit the ground running next Friday but overall I think the transformation on and off the pitch will take time.Still massively looking forward to the season ahead for a change.

sinkov
19-07-2022, 10:06 AM

You're putting the cart before the horse BT. What was badly needed was adequate funding of the first team, those funds were not released for reasons now all too apparent, which has led to the current need for the comprehensive shake up. All so unnecessary, if only those charged with running the club had carried out their duties with a modicum of diligence and a sense of honour.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-07-2022, 10:18 AM
You're putting the cart before the horse BT. What was badly needed was adequate funding of the first team, those funds were not released for reasons now all too apparent, which has led to the current need for the comprehensive shake up. All so unnecessary, if only those charged with running the club had carried out their duties with a modicum of diligence and a sense of honour.

Onwards and forwards mon ami, at least Alan Pace is having a right old go at sorting out Garlick's $hitfest.

I hate to admit it, but Alto was right all along about the grinning, smirking tw@t...