PDA

View Full Version : Neerav reiterating……

Young_Nudger
25-07-2022, 04:52 PM
Yorkshire Post …….. Styles and Helik will not be sold unless Barnsley’s valuation is met.

This to me is an indication of the calibre of the directors compared to the previous boardrooms.
Under Patrick I would imagine a large part of the squad would have already been sold off cheaply by now.
It’s absolutely fabulous to see that things have vastly improved to what they were only 6 years ago.
We are no longer throwing the baby out with the bath water - and are then left to start building a brand new team.

Only pitfall I can see on the horizon is that a realistic bid comes in late - not giving our CEO enough time to recruit a replacement.

Hemsy_Phil
25-07-2022, 05:11 PM
Why do you always refer back tp Patrick Cryne in a critical manner?

animallittle3
25-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Yorkshire Post …….. Styles and Helik will not be sold unless Barnsley’s valuation is met.

This to me is an indication of the calibre of the directors compared to the previous boardrooms.
Under Patrick I would imagine a large part of the squad would have already been sold off cheaply by now.
It’s absolutely fabulous to see that things have vastly improved to what they were only 6 years ago.
We are no longer throwing the baby out with the bath water - and are then left to start building a brand new team.

Only pitfall I can see on the horizon is that a realistic bid comes in late - not giving our CEO enough time to recruit a replacement.

How do you know they meet our valuation ? , they could be feeding you any bull whilst every transfer is undisclosed .

Acido
25-07-2022, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the Nudger show... and your next handful of threads are going to be about, err Dike and Dane Murphy perhaps ?. 😴

Young_Nudger
25-07-2022, 06:20 PM
How do you know they meet our valuation ? , they could be feeding you any bull whilst every transfer is undisclosed .

True - but if the directors are so desperate for money then they would have gone by now.
Especially with all the Twitter talk surrounding these players.
I’m guessing - but I’ve a feeling the club is keeping its powder dry - waiting to see how much they can drag in - will determine what level their targets will be.

redsarebest
25-07-2022, 07:29 PM
according to duff we have made enough on the sales to have turned down 4 or 5 bids for both styles and helik and for sb my nose is not brown

Young_Nudger
25-07-2022, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the Nudger show... and your next handful of threads are going to be about, err Dike and Dane Murphy perhaps ?. 😴

Yes it did cross mi mind - I did wonder when you were going to start contributing.
Waiting for you to start a thread is like watching tumble weed blowing darn Normy High Street.
Acido show - and he never says owt 😂

EthelRed
25-07-2022, 08:14 PM
We are the club that valued john stones at an undisclosed £2m and Holgate at less than Stones.

We ent gotta a good record have we?

animallittle3
25-07-2022, 08:23 PM
True - but if the directors are so desperate for money then they would have gone by now.
Especially with all the Twitter talk surrounding these players.
I’m guessing - but I’ve a feeling the club is keeping its powder dry - waiting to see how much they can drag in - will determine what level their targets will be.

Twitter talk !!!

There's more truth in the Daily Mail .

Young_Nudger
25-07-2022, 08:28 PM
We are the club that valued john stones at an undisclosed £2m and Holgate at less than Stones.

We ent gotta a good record have we?

Some people soon forget things like that.
The situation now (seems to be) far better than it once was.
We have in the not too distant past more or less given players away.

Acido
25-07-2022, 08:42 PM
Yes it did cross mi mind - I did wonder when you were going to start contributing.
Waiting for you to start a thread is like watching tumble weed blowing darn Normy High Street.
Acido show - and he never says owt 😂

Theres no rule that says I or any other mod has to keep starting threads on here.
And whats the point as your turning it into Nudger Mad, desperately seeking attention on here with every single post and new pointless thread. 😴

Young_Nudger
25-07-2022, 09:10 PM
Theres no rule that says I or any other mod has to keep starting threads on here.
And whats the point as your turning it into Nudger Mad, desperately seeking attention on here with every single post and new pointless thread. 😴

If it wasn’t for an handful of people on here that keeps the ball rolling - and they know who they are - then if left up to you Acido this message board would be as dead as the parrot.
When you do post it’s to have a swipe at people trying to generate discussion.

As Acido Tyke yer spend more time on the BBS than you do on here.

The owners of Football Mad need to sell advertising - you are being detrimental to their cause.

pass_and_move
25-07-2022, 09:32 PM
Some people soon forget things like that.
The situation now (seems to be) far better than it once was.
We have in the not too distant past more or less given players away.

In my opinion John Stones was sold for peanuts because Keith Hill and David Flitcroft couldn't tell their arse from their head in terms of recognition of top level talented youth. David Moyes was laughing his ballax off when he signed Stoansey and still sez it was by far his best ever buy. They (Hillcroft) were lower league footballers then lower league managers who'd no experience dealing with high end footballers. You'd have thought that Patrick Cryne would've asked Hillcrofts professional opinion on Stones on the back of Evertons interest and they may have advised Cryne to take the money.
Patrick Cryne admitted in an interview that the club didn't realise the value of Stones at the time he was sold.

The club currently finds itself in a vulnerable financial position because of Conway and Co. Are we as a club in a position to make demands on outgoing transfer fees? To answer my own question- are we feck.

Also the policy the club has said over the last few years is that 'players who don't want to be here will be sold'. Load of ballax that when tha thinks abart it. Hypothetical situation- Styles wants to leave to laik at a higher level than lg1 but the club value him at 5m. No bids come in that match that valuation, in fact nowhere near that valuation. What we gonna do? Keep him here against his will or sell him at less than half that price? It's gonna be the latter isn't it. Hence we don't get the valuation.

The undisclosed thing meks me laugh. Why is it? Nowts really changed has it in that respect despite the change in the boardroom

Young_Nudger
25-07-2022, 10:47 PM
In my opinion John Stones was sold for peanuts because Keith Hill and David Flitcroft couldn't tell their arse from their head in terms of recognition of top level talented youth. David Moyes was laughing his ballax off when he signed Stoansey and still sez it was by far his best ever buy. They (Hillcroft) were lower league footballers then lower league managers who'd no experience dealing with high end footballers. You'd have thought that Patrick Cryne would've asked Hillcrofts professional opinion on Stones on the back of Evertons interest and they may have advised Cryne to take the money.
Patrick Cryne admitted in an interview that the club didn't realise the value of Stones at the time he was sold.

The club currently finds itself in a vulnerable financial position because of Conway and Co. Are we as a club in a position to make demands on outgoing transfer fees? To answer my own question- are we feck.

Also the policy the club has said over the last few years is that 'players who don't want to be here will be sold'. Load of ballax that when tha thinks abart it. Hypothetical situation- Styles wants to leave to laik at a higher level than lg1 but the club value him at 5m. No bids come in that match that valuation, in fact nowhere near that valuation. What we gonna do? Keep him here against his will or sell him at less than half that price? It's gonna be the latter isn't it. Hence we don't get the valuation.

The undisclosed thing meks me laugh. Why is it? Nowts really changed has it in that respect despite the change in the boardroom

Yep - I do remember that Patrick interview.
A few weeks earlier to that interview I also remember reading an article by Bobby Hassell in the Chronicle saying something on the lines of ‘we have discovered a Rolls Royce player at the club’.
I don’t think it was the club that didn’t know the value of players - I think it was Patrick that didn’t realise it.
People forget those days.

It’s 11:30 pm on Monday 25.07.22.
I’ve just finished listening to Michael Duffs interview on Radio Sheffield from last Friday.
Michael Duff has some really interesting and positive things to say - especially in relation to selling and recruiting players.
Chalk and cheese compared to the era under Patrick.
Exciting times ahead - but it will take time.

SBRed48
26-07-2022, 06:35 AM
according to duff we have made enough on the sales to have turned down 4 or 5 bids for both styles and helik and for sb my nose is not brown

Is there any feedback on what was said/done at this Garrison event ?

The BBS are usually all over such events like a cheap suit but there is nothing. When one poster asked his question was deflected by a series of "jokes" but no response.

Did you go Redsarebest ? Any chance of a three/ four line summary of the key points/ quotes ?

animallittle3
26-07-2022, 03:41 PM
Is there any feedback on what was said/done at this Garrison event ?

The BBS are usually all over such events like a cheap suit but there is nothing. When one poster asked his question was deflected by a series of "jokes" but no response.

Did you go Redsarebest ? Any chance of a three/ four line summary of the key points/ quotes ?

I know one wag told Duff that the last HC who frequented The Garrison when we were last in league one didn't see much of his second year despite promotion .

redsarebest
26-07-2022, 08:00 PM
not much to say really, mccarthy says we been looking at him for year and half, callen says that forrest green have now gone vegan no dairy at all was told if he wanted a kebab he could have one , duff hopeing for three or four more players in in next four weeks but not easy to get player on loan cause other teams not willing as yet to let them out. he knows we need strikers and was asked (indirectly) about alfie may did not say much about him,but didnt say no.