PDA

View Full Version : Warney is live in the radio Sheffield studio tonight 7-8pm

Brin
25-07-2022, 05:36 PM
Get your questions in to Warney or even call him and have a chat. Sure he will appreciate anyone getting in touch.

Darren Moore on at the moment, some interesting questions being put to him.

MillersTime
25-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Can I get that online somehow? BBC sounds site or similar

Grumpy King of the West
25-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Football Heaven have invited questions so I have tweeted 5 questions in via the Football Heaven @.

Having turned on the radio and heard that it's Rob Staton in the chair I'm resigned to my questions being ignored. Staton has blocked me on Twitter when I gave him both barrels about being a Rotherham Owl who used to post on Owstalk!

Grumpy King of the West
25-07-2022, 05:40 PM
Can I get that online somehow? BBC sounds site or similar

yes

MillersTime
25-07-2022, 05:45 PM
yes

So I can, lovely. Cheers.

Brin
25-07-2022, 06:41 PM
Far too conservative when challenged over Cole Stockton, something just didn't seem to sound right.

Had nothing but heaps of praise for Stockton and how he was probably the most difficult forward to come up against last season. His goal achievement and good overall player........so why don't we bloody sign him?!!!

Is there a medical reason? Is it the lack of funding? His Stockton not a real nice hooman being? It all sounds like there's a barrier there but it can't or won't be revealed. Warney finished off by swiftly moving on and wouldn't be drawn on the question. Maybe it's because Paul the Miller raised the question XD

caytonmiller
25-07-2022, 06:57 PM
Far too conservative when challenged over Cole Stockton, something just didn't seem to sound right.

Had nothing but heaps of praise for Stockton and how he was probably the most difficult forward to come up against last season. His goal achievement and good overall player........so why don't we bloody sign him?!!!

Is there a medical reason? Is it the lack of funding? His Stockton not a real nice hooman being? It all sounds like there's a barrier there but it can't or won't be revealed. Warney finished off by swiftly moving on and wouldn't be drawn on the question. Maybe it's because Paul the Miller raised the question XD

Maybe it wasn't a collective decision. Could it be warne wanted him and the others didn't.

MillersTime
25-07-2022, 07:16 PM
Sounds like we are after centre back after all. How many do we need? Blimey. Wood may well basically be a coach this season.

And no mention of Bola when talking about left wing back. Out the door?

millertop
25-07-2022, 07:20 PM

Probably didn’t want to say he’s overpriced or maybe not got the right attitude who knows

millertop
25-07-2022, 07:23 PM
Prefer two up front, I agree unless your midfield automatically fly forwards to help the lone striker

Ronners
25-07-2022, 07:30 PM
Sounds like we are after centre back after all. How many do we need? Blimey. Wood may well basically be a coach this season.

And no mention of Bola when talking about left wing back. Out the door?

I have to say I'm a little perplexed about Bola, in the few appearances he has made for us I thought he did really well, a little raw maybe but for me there is a player in there. UTM

CAMiller
25-07-2022, 07:57 PM

Well if he had said "we are looking to sign him tomorrow" and then overnight our beloved neighbours from over the M1 nipped in and pinched him from under our noses then I think many RUFC fans would have been apoplectic (or more apoplectic than they normally are XD)

MillersTime
25-07-2022, 07:58 PM
I have to say I'm a little perplexed about Bola, in the few appearances he has made for us I thought he did really well, a little raw maybe but for me there is a player in there. UTM

PW seemed to be really impressed with Bola at the beginning of pre season but in the radio interview he seemed to omit his name deliberately. Wants to sign another LWB / CB as cover for Bramall as he would only have Ferguson otherwise. Who knows.

End of the day, if you can recruit someone who is better than Bola and you can loan him out, then you do it.

Ronners
25-07-2022, 08:06 PM
PW seemed to be really impressed with Bola at the beginning of pre season but in the radio
interview he seemed to omit his name deliberately. Wants to sign another LWB / CB as cover for Bramall as he would only have Ferguson otherwise. Who knows.

End of the day, if you can recruit someone who is better than Bola and you can loan him out, then you do it.

On that footing MT we will have to trust PW's judgement, which I do btw. UTM

Brin
25-07-2022, 08:07 PM
Well if he had said "we are looking to sign him tomorrow" and then overnight our beloved neighbours from over the M1 nipped in and pinched him from under our noses then I think many RUFC fans would have been apoplectic (or more apoplectic than they normally are XD)

This saga on Stockton has been going on for that long they could have signed him 10 times.

MillersTime
25-07-2022, 08:24 PM
On that footing MT we will have to trust PW's judgement, which I do btw. UTM

Indeed.

rolymiller
25-07-2022, 09:15 PM
Sounds like Stockton is a non starter and always has been.

Also sounds as though warne is stalling on a new contract to me. He is in his last year.Gave me the impression if we go down/ struggle this year he will be off but I may be wrong.

Says hopeful of another player in for Sat but says only 17 fit professional players atm for this sat.

Other things said we will continue to not put anyone up front when opp have a corner and will try to play with 2 up front but said most champ sides didnt so suggesting we will play 1 up front at times.

Does sound as tho no plans for Bola.

Says also he may play with 2 number 10s at times I assume he means Wiles And Ogbene behind a forward. Says he wants to play Ogbene further forward this season.

Mentioned summat about getting another goalie as well which surprised me.

Said Georgie had been brilliant so far with attitude etc but didnt know whether he would be good or not.

He wants a player like barlaser in order to cover him/ push him. I assume the lad that they failed to sign was a possibilty but he buggered off at the last min.

He wants 4 more players a left sided cb/ wing back, midfielder as above a forrud and a utility man.

Pattylallacks2
25-07-2022, 09:44 PM
If we go down he may be off, but that might not be his decision to make

rolymiller
25-07-2022, 10:00 PM
If we go down he may be off, but that might not be his decision to make

yes he did hint he might get the boot.

pip_y
26-07-2022, 06:16 AM
yes he did hint he might get the boot.

If that’s the case he would be better signing the new contract. The payoff will keep the dog food coming in!

Derbymiller
26-07-2022, 07:28 AM
I am pleased he is talking about bringing in 4 players, it is clear that the squad is not strong enough to survive a championship season, and to be fair to him in all his interviews that thought has come across in his answers. Bola is an interesting situation, perhaps something has happened in the background that is non-football related, but we are speculating. My take on the Stockton situation is the club have decided not to go out and buy a player and Warne is a little annoyed about that, hence why he won't be drawn as he doesnt want to say anything that could get him into trouble with the board. Also I think he is intending on leaving at the end of this season, either to a L1 club that has more ambition or to another Championship club if he manages to keep us up. Why should he settle for a club that doesnt give him the full support he asks for and needs, if that is the case. A lot of speculation there I know, but it is a discussion board so there tends to be more speculation than facts. I think we have the right manager going into this season

frogmiller
26-07-2022, 07:35 AM

Maybe he turned us down.

fc_miller
26-07-2022, 07:37 AM
Maybe looking for a club closer to home, Doncaster City FC will be based in Bawtry.

Townerslovechild
26-07-2022, 07:54 AM
As honest and open as any manager will ever be, maybe too honest.
The Stockton situation....he won't be signing for us,I don't know the reason, neither does anyone else on here, but I trust his judgement.
His own contract situation, he actually said he had more important stuff to sort out at the moment, and he would sit down with the chairman at a later date, fair enough.

caytonmiller
26-07-2022, 09:40 AM
Sounds like Stockton is a non starter and always has been.

Also sounds as though warne is stalling on a new contract to me. He is in his last year.Gave me the impression if we go down/ struggle this year he will be off but I may be wrong.

Says hopeful of another player in for Sat but says only 17 fit professional players atm for this sat.

Other things said we will continue to not put anyone up front when opp have a corner and will try to play with 2 up front but said most champ sides didnt so suggesting we will play 1 up front at times.

Does sound as tho no plans for Bola.

Says also he may play with 2 number 10s at times I assume he means Wiles And Ogbene behind a forward. Says he wants to play Ogbene further forward this season.

Mentioned summat about getting another goalie as well which surprised me.

Said Georgie had been brilliant so far with attitude etc but didnt know whether he would be good or not.

He wants a player like barlaser in order to cover him/ push him. I assume the lad that they failed to sign was a possibilty but he buggered off at the last min.

He wants 4 more players a left sided cb/ wing back, midfielder as above a forrud and a utility man.
Unless there's a change in thinking. The forrud is sorted. Getting a barlazer type player could be more difficult. Plus he wants a left footed CB. Hmmmm again narrowing the options. Tbh of we can get a midfielder and forward the 2 forruds back from injury we should be set to go.

PokerMillersSwinton
26-07-2022, 11:23 AM
On Stockton have you lot though maybe hes just not that good. Nobody has come in for him at all, there is a reason . I would have though Bolton would have been a good for for him and Bolton where sniffing around in May . Perhaps they found a fly in the ointment as well . 600k and the wages on top is a big gamble we got stung with Ladapoo .

ragingpup
26-07-2022, 02:05 PM
On Stockton have you lot though maybe hes just not that good. Nobody has come in for him at all, there is a reason . I would have though Bolton would have been a good for for him and Bolton where sniffing around in May . Perhaps they found a fly in the ointment as well . 600k and the wages on top is a big gamble we got stung with Ladapoo .
Stung is a strong word for someone who's contributed many goals towards 2 promotions in 3 years... Transfer money well spent if the wage wasn't too much, paid for some bloody good memories.

pip_y
26-07-2022, 02:13 PM

Maybe it’s still on so PW is keeping quiet.

PokerMillersSwinton
26-07-2022, 03:53 PM
Stung is a strong word for someone who's contributed many goals towards 2 promotions in 3 years... Transfer money well spent if the wage wasn't too much, paid for some bloody good memories.

Well you are entitled to your opinion .I thought he was lazy ,missed loads then decided to throw a fit which upset the dressing room .(and it did just ask Joe Mattock) numerous players had issues with him after he put in the request he was lucky to play again imho .

MillersTime
26-07-2022, 03:55 PM
Said it before, the Stockton 'interest' has been entirely whipped up by fans despite not a shred of evidence that we are after him. Ever since last January PW said we aren't in for him but the fans keep lingering the possibility for no reason. They have done NOTHING to suggest an interest.

Townerslovechild
26-07-2022, 03:58 PM
It does seem odd that nobody has bought him,considering what he did last season.

pip_y
26-07-2022, 05:26 PM
It does seem odd that nobody has bought him,considering what he did last season.

Even Dom Telford the top scorer in L2 only moved sideways from Newport to Crawley. Stockton finished 3rd.

CAMiller
26-07-2022, 05:52 PM
Even Dom Telford the top scorer in L2 only moved sideways from Newport to Crawley. Stockton finished 3rd.

Different leagues though? Stockton was in L1.

Brin
26-07-2022, 06:10 PM
Maybe it’s still on so PW is keeping quiet.

Taking some time then, I've had 10 haircuts since he was first mentioned. Would be the longest signing ever if it came off.

What about Ironside at Cambridge, where's he now? and Brough come to think of it?

Still think it's a 'wallet' issue.

ragingpup
26-07-2022, 06:24 PM
Well you are entitled to your opinion .I thought he was lazy ,missed loads then decided to throw a fit which upset the dressing room .(and it did just ask Joe Mattock) numerous players had issues with him after he put in the request he was lucky to play again imho .

I don't disagree with that Poke. It ended very badly and contributed to a big wobble towards the end of last season, although Warney and the lads saw us through. My point was that, on balance, the 400k transfer fee, taking into amount the number of goals he scored and appearances made in two promotions and wasn't he near double figures in a championship relegation team, doesn't look too shabby a bit of business. But get where you're coming from.

MillersTime
26-07-2022, 06:32 PM
Taking some time then, I've had 10 haircuts since he was first mentioned. Would be the longest signing ever if it came off.

What about Ironside at Cambridge, where's he now? and Brough come to think of it?

Still think it's a 'wallet' issue.

What makes you think PW actually wants to sign him?

Seem to be jumping ahead and speculating why it isn't happening like we know for sure that we want him. Despite being bereft of anything suggesting that.

Brin
26-07-2022, 06:40 PM
What makes you think PW actually wants to sign him?

Seem to be jumping ahead and speculating why it isn't happening like we know for sure that we want him. Despite being bereft of anything suggesting that.

Well you can't deny we need a forrad ASAP. Stockton is within our price bracket you can't argue with that.

MillersTime
26-07-2022, 06:44 PM
Well you can't deny we need a forrad ASAP. Stockton is within our price bracket you can't argue with that.

I don't disagree with any of that. I liked Stockton when I saw him. It isn't about his ability or our need whatsoever. It is just that fans keep banging on about him like the club have made it known they want to sign him. Rather than wishing the club would. Key difference.

So we get into debating why it hasn't happened when we don't even know the club want it to happen. Feels like skipping a step if you ask me.

CAMiller
26-07-2022, 06:54 PM
I don't disagree with any of that. I liked Stockton when I saw him. It isn't about his ability or our need whatsoever. It is just that fans keep banging on about him like the club have made it known they want to sign him. Rather than wishing the club would. Key difference.

So we get into debating why it hasn't happened when we don't even know the club want it to happen. Feels like skipping a step if you ask me.

Signing players just because fans want it to happen (especially Brin ;D) is definitely a slippery slope we need to avoid.

Scum-Triumphant
26-07-2022, 07:49 PM
He quite clearly said that he won’t discuss players of other clubs for the same reason that he wouldn’t be happy if another club (Burnley) talked about Ben Wiles.

Seemed straight forward enough to me.

wrinkly
26-07-2022, 08:18 PM
He quite clearly said that he won’t discuss players of other clubs for the same reason that he wouldn’t be happy if another club (Burnley) talked about Ben Wiles.

Seemed straight forward enough to me.

Absolutely.

avondalemiller
26-07-2022, 09:34 PM
I don't disagree with that Poke. It ended very badly and contributed to a big wobble towards the end of last season, although Warney and the lads saw us through. My point was that, on balance, the 400k transfer fee, taking into amount the number of goals he scored and appearances made in two promotions and wasn't he near double figures in a championship relegation team, doesn't look too shabby a bit of business. But get where you're coming from.

Good points Raging, when you listen to the podcast after the Pompey game he was in the "discussion" in the dressing room full speed ahead. Is that when he finally disappeared from the squad? I remember PW saying that they'd had a problem but it was sorted.....

Pattylallacks2
26-07-2022, 09:38 PM

Which begs the question, do the clubs that haven't bothered bidding for him know something that Brin doesn't?

Brin
26-07-2022, 09:50 PM
Signing players just because fans want it to happen (especially Brin ;D) is definitely a slippery slope we need to avoid.

CAM I’ve already decided you’re my new stalker this season!

CAMiller
26-07-2022, 10:55 PM
CAM I’ve already decided you’re my new stalker this season!

As John is banned someone had to take on the role ;D

Lolmorgan
27-07-2022, 08:01 AM

What’s good for one is good enough for another, Ban him Brin. :D

John2
27-07-2022, 12:01 PM

News to me! :O

frogmiller
27-07-2022, 01:30 PM
News to me! :O

Not you John the other john/s

millertop
27-07-2022, 03:19 PM
I noticed Warney said that he’d like a third keeper, I know I’m **** at maths but don’t we already have three?

Has something happened to Chapman?

uttis
27-07-2022, 03:45 PM
Seem to remember someone on another fan site said this keeper was Icelandic but can’t for the life of me remember his name it was one of those 3 word names they have! Like you say why would we want another keeper unless they are concerned about Vickers hand and they’re covering bases, after all we had 3 last time at this level or 2 if you don’t count Blackman!

Ronners
27-07-2022, 04:16 PM
Not you John the other john/s

John2 is the only john that, as far as I'm aware, uses john in his name frog, so is the other john you are quoting someone that you know is called john but doesnt use it in his username frog? UTM

rolymiller
27-07-2022, 04:29 PM
I never knew john 1. Maybe it was him!

CAMiller
27-07-2022, 04:30 PM
John2 is the only john that, as far as I'm aware, uses john in his name frog, so is the other john you are quoting someone that you know is called john but doesnt use it in his username frog? UTM

There are 1235 users on FootyMad with John somewhere in their username so take your pick XD

uttis
27-07-2022, 05:33 PM
Another keeper needed as Chapmans quit apparently we’re in for the Icelandic lad Runar Alex Runnarson

millertop
27-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Another keeper needed as Chapmans quit apparently we’re in for the Icelandic lad Runar Alex Runnarson
Thanks for answering

millertop
27-07-2022, 06:07 PM
Strange one with a third keeper, they hardly if ever get a game, we used to have an academy keeper on bench who has now left, haven’t we got one anywhere near fit enough for bench ?

Ronners
27-07-2022, 06:12 PM
There are 1235 users on FootyMad with John somewhere in their username so take your pick XD

Apparently only 1 that's banned on here? UTM

CAMiller
27-07-2022, 06:19 PM
Apparently only 1 that's banned on here? UTM

Nobody is currently banned on MM. It was a tongue in cheek response to Brin's stalking comment.

Ronners
27-07-2022, 08:03 PM
Nobody is currently banned on MM. It was a tongue in cheek response to Brin's stalking comment.

Lol ok CAM thanks for clearing that up.....although if Brin wants a stalker I've heard john2 is available 😆