PDA

View Full Version : Reacher On Amazon Prime TV.

mickd1961
05-08-2022, 09:13 PM
Superb series.

I’m not a reader of books but a few years ago I read all the Jack Reacher books and greatly enjoyed them.

Ex military policeman roaming from state to state and living off his wits and solving beautifully crafted crimes.

On film the 6 foot 5 inch Reacher was hopelessly portrayed by Tom Cruise and the two stories covered were abysmally done.

This TV series pays homage perfectly to the style Lee Child wrote the books in.

Reacher’s choice of violence and his expert knowledge of bone breaking and killing people are fantastically written in the books and brought to life in this series.

The actor Alan Ritchson who plays Reacher is new to me but plays the part perfectly.

Very watchable series starting with “Killing Floor” and if they do the films in chronological order then the third one should be “Tripwire” which is the best book I’ve ever read and a most fantastic plot.

billsbest
05-08-2022, 09:44 PM
Loved the series. So much better than the films.

mickd1961
06-08-2022, 12:23 AM
Loved the series. So much better than the films.

Cruise was pathetic in the films, ridiculously undersized and massively overacted as usual!

The only downside is that the writer Lee Child ( real name James Grant ) is from Coventry originally and supports Villa!

Pugmitch
06-08-2022, 05:50 AM
Lee Child was one of my favourite authors and I too have read all his Reacher books.

Unfortunately his latest offerings, co-written with his brother, are not a patch on his earlier material. Like a number of his compatriots he’s just writing for the money now and hoping his reputation will sell books. Any more dross from him and he’ll loose me as a reader.

Must check out the Amazon series though, sounds interesting.

Dubbag
06-08-2022, 06:47 AM
Superb series.

I’m not a reader of books .......
Such a pity.
Books are great as long as it's informative.

Omegstrat6
06-08-2022, 08:07 AM
Lee Child was one of my favourite authors and I too have read all his Reacher books.

Unfortunately his latest offerings, co-written with his brother, are not a patch on his earlier material. Like a number of his compatriots he’s just writing for the money now and hoping his reputation will sell books. Any more dross from him and he’ll loose me as a reader.

Must check out the Amazon series though, sounds interesting.

Have to agree with you about the more recent Reacher books as not a patch on the earlier ones. As for the tv series, I enjoyed it but whilst Alan Ritchson much closer physically to the character than the diminutive Cruise,I found him quite wooden in the earlier episodes-but he does get better, enough for me to hope for a series 2 anyway!

WBA1955
07-08-2022, 09:37 PM
I have started watching this, it's very good.
I like the blonde cop as well, she's like Rosemary from Hong Kong Phooey.

mickd1961
07-08-2022, 09:51 PM
I have started watching this, it's very good.
I like the blonde cop as well, she's like Rosemary from Hong Kong Phooey.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Try the books Des and read them in chronological order.

As I said earlier, Tripwire the third book is absolutely fantastic, I was sad to finish it.