PDA

View Full Version : 1300 Illegals Arrive Monday

baggieal
24-08-2022, 09:34 AM
Anger and resentment starting to build as again 1300 illegals entered on dinghies on Monday all looked after by the tax payers money. On the other hand the government are not doing anything for outrageous energy bills and huge energy company profits.

Anger and resentment will grow! I wonder too when those who can’t afford energy or food for their kids this winter will still stand with Ukraine? Tricky one!

Mental health and depression will go through the roof with those hitting financial heart break! Totally get it! Those who are wealthy have very little in comparison to worry about unless of course they have compassion for those without!

WBA123
25-08-2022, 07:35 AM
Anger and resentment starting to build as again 1300 illegals entered on dinghies on Monday all looked after by the tax payers money. On the other hand the government are not doing anything for outrageous energy bills and huge energy company profits.

Anger and resentment will grow! I wonder too when those who can’t afford energy or food for their kids this winter will still stand with Ukraine? Tricky one!

Mental health and depression will go through the roof with those hitting financial heart break! Totally get it! Those who are wealthy have very little in comparison to worry about unless of course they have compassion for those without!

This is good news. With our high number of job vacancies, hopefully this will mean less fruit rotting in fields. Out of the 1300, some of them will no doubt have trade skills, so hopefully this will help those markets too and give us, the consumer, more choice.

Would have been better had we been in the EU, as then we would have Europeans legally here to be able to fill this kind of work.

Erm, and wasn't Brexit campaigned for so we could 'protect our borders'. That must be a choker to those who voted for it. Leavers who voted for this reason must feel conned by those who campaigned for it.

baggieal
25-08-2022, 08:31 AM
This is good news. With our high number of job vacancies, hopefully this will mean less fruit rotting in fields. Out of the 1300, some of them will no doubt have trade skills, so hopefully this will help those markets too and give us, the consumer, more choice.

Would have been better had we been in the EU, as then we would have Europeans legally here to be able to fill this kind of work.

Erm, and wasn't Brexit campaigned for so we could 'protect our borders'. That must be a choker to those who voted for it. Leavers who voted for this reason must feel conned by those who campaigned for it.

Can't disagree 123 although would not call this good news as our borders should be sealed. Perhaps using all these illegals once processed to pick fruits and carry out other vacant jobs so the choice is - work and earn your keep or don't expect even a bar of soap for free. Life is tough for all and surely every illegal would be desperate to work in the fields!!!

WBA123
25-08-2022, 09:36 AM
Can't disagree 123 although would not call this good news as our borders should be sealed. Perhaps using all these illegals once processed to pick fruits and carry out other vacant jobs so the choice is - work and earn your keep or don't expect even a bar of soap for free. Life is tough for all and surely every illegal would be desperate to work in the fields!!!

If they come here by boat and manage to get over here undetected, let me ask you - how are they going to be able to claim benefits when the State doesn't know they're here?

Leicesterbaggie
25-08-2022, 10:54 AM
If they come here by boat and manage to get over here undetected, let me ask you - how are they going to be able to claim benefits when the State doesn't know they're here?

From what I've seen most of them aren't undetected and arrive via being brought ashore in lifeboats etc. Surely from there they are taken to a centre to be processed.

baggieal
25-08-2022, 11:30 AM

If they are so desperate to get here then they won't mind going to Rwanda to be processed and the system will decide. But no - they don't want to do that! Armed patrols should be in the channel to tow the boats back to the EU where they came in! We are not the first country of entry or the EU so they should be sent back!!! All for legals with skills much needed!

WBA1955
25-08-2022, 01:54 PM
More houses needed on our green belt. A good job we have such a large country.