PDA

View Full Version : O/T. The Hundred

LincsMiller
26-08-2022, 06:53 PM
Does anyone else find the incessant cackle and jabbering by the so called commentators extremely annoying?
Or am I being curmudgeonly ??

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-08-2022, 07:06 PM
Clown cricket at its finest.

More like rounders.

Being hyped to death and we are told how successful it is. Which may be true but this year and last it's been blessed with good weather.

Let's see how great it is in typical soggy on / off English summers

Pattylallacks2
26-08-2022, 07:10 PM
Clown cricket at its finest.

More like rounders.

Being hyped to death and we are told how successful it is. Which may be true but this year and last it's been blessed with good weather.

Let's see how great it is in typical soggy on / off English summers

The way things are going they may be a thing of the past

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-08-2022, 07:12 PM
If I see the phrase " the new normal" again I will scream

Pattylallacks2
26-08-2022, 07:22 PM

Why, where did you see it last?

CAMiller
26-08-2022, 07:22 PM
The way things are going they may be a thing of the past

I think it's the new normal, a bit like when someone questions the se.x/race/creed/color of anyone appointed into a job.

animallittle3
26-08-2022, 07:28 PM

Unfortunately Grist the longer form of the game especially county cricket doesn't pay the bills .

T20 and The Hundred plus the 50 over game bring in the revenue .

It is what it is and with an audience of today who just want a slog fest rather than the appreciation of the skills required in the longer format this battle is well and truly over .

Pattylallacks2
26-08-2022, 07:42 PM
When you come to think about it "the new normal" and "it is what it is" mean pretty much the same thing. A few years ago it was "shi t happens, deal with it", and before that "just bite the bullet"

So ffs Grist "Steady, Dickie, steady..."

clarkey1974
26-08-2022, 07:51 PM
Does anyone else find the incessant cackle and jabbering by the so called commentators extremely annoying?
Or am I being curmudgeonly ??

Well I watched one on the beeb other day I noticed it was actually the radio commentary that was being filtered through which was obviously and massively overly descriptive of the viewing action..

LincsMiller
26-08-2022, 07:58 PM
I don't mind the format, seems a bit more light hearted and its nice to see the kids out enjoying the slogging ! I just wish there was an option to watch without commentary , turning off the volume off loses the crowd atmosphere. Why the BBC needs to have three hysterical people at the same time babbling on about everything and nothing beats me. And the ladettes are the worse culprits

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-08-2022, 08:09 PM
Like a lot of things, it's the race to the bottom

To serve those with the attention span of a goldfish

Pattylallacks2
26-08-2022, 08:15 PM
Like a lot of things, it's the race to the bottom

To serve those with the attention span of a goldfish

Ah, but here is the thing Grist. I was reading an article in a medical journal recently which argued that goldfish actually have a greater attention span than humans. I didn't get to the end of it but it sounded quite interesting.

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-08-2022, 08:33 PM
Whitehouse is classified as a medical journal?

( one for the oldies.....who will see the connection)

Pattylallacks2
26-08-2022, 08:56 PM
Whitehouse is classified as a medical journal?

( one for the oldies.....who will see the connection)

Ah, just had a flashback to Mary Millington.