PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell (A)

stokearab
02-09-2022, 06:56 PM
Another away test but this time on grass.
Sounded like Fox asked Watt to play closer to Fletcher v Livi and can't understand why we weren't doing that before.

Motherwell seem to be resurgent so we will have to perform. Same 11 from Livi to start please.

Attitude, work ethic, commitment, high intensity, speed in attack all need to be there if we're going to get a result. Keep McGrath on corners.

Most would probably take a draw now, mad I know, but I think we'll win.

JUSTaway
02-09-2022, 07:50 PM
Definitely keep McGrath on corners, levitts floated crosses have been a waste the last season. I thought mwell would be poor this season but they are picking up points. Can’t see us score more than one, can’t see us not concede. Not feeling confident, 1-2.

Chick A Saw
02-09-2022, 11:30 PM
Really hope that Well will blow as hot and cold as they did last season, but am i right in saying their games this season have been quite tight and could have ended either way?

Really hard one to call.

bannon_ftd_83
03-09-2022, 06:22 AM
The lack of Defensive midfielder and poor Goalkeeper situation plays on my mind and could always prove costly and cause heads to drop. Otherwise i think we have a strong starting 11 that will start to click. Watt, Harkes, Mcgrath etc just play close to Fletcher and things will happen for us.

JamesMcClean
03-09-2022, 07:28 AM
As above, the lack of a Fuchs or a Butcher means I think we HAVE to play the three at the back in the middle with Behich one side and IMO preferably Freeman on the other. This CAN be positive as well though because in possession it gives us an opportunity to flood the midfield and give real overlapping opportunities - particularly if The Sheep is on the right. I think Freeman is an immeasurably better RB than Smith and if we’re not careful he’ll be wanting to phuck off for lack of opportunities soon.

bannon_ftd_83
03-09-2022, 08:50 AM
As above, the lack of a Fuchs or a Butcher means I think we HAVE to play the three at the back in the middle with Behich one side and IMO preferably Freeman on the other. This CAN be positive as well though because in possession it gives us an opportunity to flood the midfield and give real overlapping opportunities - particularly if The Sheep is on the right. I think Freeman is an immeasurably better RB than Smith and if we’re not careful he’ll be wanting to phuck off for lack of opportunities soon.

Sheep did fall away last season. He absolutely deserves a run of games in the rwb role though. I would use Smith as a defensive midfielder in the meantime. Really coach him into that role.

moicher
03-09-2022, 10:58 AM
Sheep did fall away last season. He absolutely deserves a run of games in the rwb role though. I would use Smith as a defensive midfielder in the meantime. Really coach him into that role.

But he cant defend or win the ball cleanly so that it goes for a throw. He's definitely not the solution and I personally think we should get rid.

bannon_ftd_83
03-09-2022, 11:00 AM
But he cant defend or win the ball cleanly so that it goes for a throw. He's definitely not the solution and I personally think we should get rid.

We dont have much option right now thats the only reason I'm suggesting it.

JUSTaway
03-09-2022, 11:07 AM
Think smith has done ok midfield, bit more mobile there than I expected. I don’t think he is as bad as some folk think, likewise I’m not convinced sheep is as good as some people think, I think he is quite slow, but he should definitely have been given more game time and provides more assists/goals from wing back.

tHeArAb
03-09-2022, 01:03 PM

Arabknight
03-09-2022, 02:25 PM
Playing to narrow and not winning enough 2nd balls. Movement needs to be sharper. Having to check too passes because no options from anyone running into spaces for a pass.

arabiain
03-09-2022, 02:38 PM
Absolute JOKE of a penalty there but good stop from Eriksson.

ranaldarab
03-09-2022, 02:39 PM
Keeper saves a penalty? And Nicky Clark off the mark for Saint J.

Arabdownsouth
03-09-2022, 02:48 PM
Keeper saves a penalty? And Nicky Clark off the mark for Saint J.

Nicky Clark will score regularly now he's getting treated fairly.

Whitfieldarab
03-09-2022, 02:48 PM
We are fkn awful. Can't string 2 passes together and are very fortunate to be 0-0

Got to be better 2nd half surely.

bannon_ftd_83
03-09-2022, 02:50 PM
2nd and 3rd to everything today. Midfield isnt right, still absolutely missing that defensive midfielder. Levitt a waste of a jersey in there just now and Harkes cant keep the ball. Watt needs to get his finger out, id be looking to get Anaku on for cou ter attacking football. Still in the game and i expect a different game 2nd half.

Arabknight
03-09-2022, 02:52 PM
Passing and movement is really poor. Watt constantly going to ground is doing nothing for us. Defence has been half decent and great stop by Erickson. Massive improvement required in 2nd half.

Arabs4ever
03-09-2022, 02:52 PM
Why do United players raise a hand when they take a corner or free kick? They are awful. Keep your hand down. Powderpuff from McGrath, Levitt & Harkes. Smith & Edwards leaving it to one another.

JUSTaway
03-09-2022, 02:54 PM
While the defence has been rightly the focus of attention, the experiment of playing slow strikers who don’t score goals has surely run its course. Get the Ugandan guy on for watt and see if he can get closer to fletcher or at least get in behind the mwell defence now and again.

bannon_ftd_83
03-09-2022, 02:55 PM
Why do United players raise a hand when they take a corner or free kick? They are awful. Keep your hand down. Powderpuff from McGrath, Levitt & Harkes. Smith & Edwards leaving it to one another.

Midfield ia a problem. You can see that Mulgrew and Edwards need Graham in there also.

GUNBOAT
03-09-2022, 03:10 PM
Getting battered but still 0-0,had to switch aff the radio though hate listening to even updates when we are being outplayed.

no1arabbelfast
03-09-2022, 03:51 PM
Motherwell had 66% possession 21 shots and a missed pen.

A nil nil seems like a great result.

Arabs4ever
03-09-2022, 03:54 PM
United showing they have industry on DUTV. WTF is that commentator on? United are p!ss poor, that's being harsh on the p!ss. What do they do over in St Andrews, if they say training to win football matches they are a bunch of phucking frauds.

GUNBOAT
03-09-2022, 03:58 PM
United showing they have industry on DUTV. WTF is that commentator on? United are p!ss poor, that's being harsh on the p!ss. What do they do over in St Andrews, if they say training to win football matches they are a bunch of phucking frauds.

Mind you when your team have shipped,3 4 7 and 9 a nil nil away to high flying Motherwell is a major achievement for this current United side.

JUSTaway
03-09-2022, 03:58 PM
Bit better second half, but overall brutal. So much space in our midfield for opposition at times, and final third absolutely toothless.

Arabknight
03-09-2022, 04:05 PM
Defence has tightened up. But the gaps in midfield and gap between midfield and forwards is a major issue. Our inability to string passes together and sustain any forward attack without checking back is also a major problem. Take the point but all in all that was god awful to watch.

TerryTheTerror
03-09-2022, 04:11 PM
That's a fine result today. To get a clean sheet against them, who have been in fine form, is excellent. A great start at tightening up the defence.

Arabdownsouth
03-09-2022, 04:15 PM
This season is going to be torture. Only positive is a clean sheet and hopefully a bit of confidence for the keeper and defence. Selling our only regular goalscorer was ****ing criminal in my opinion, Tony Watt won't score 5 goals this season.

GUNBOAT
03-09-2022, 04:17 PM
That's a fine result today. To get a clean sheet against them, who have been in fine form, is excellent. A great start at tightening up the defence.

Our keeper was awarded the EBC MOTM today,its back to brutal football to watch if we are to stay up i'm afraid.I fully expect a backs to the wall display next week at home to Hibs.

Craigbrew
03-09-2022, 04:20 PM

TTT

You must be easily pleased that was fk awful , if that is what united are bringing to the table , we should be getting in for free . fk pathetic . worst of it i feel awful .its fk depressing.. i am no asking for a lot just try play football, fk knows what that is we are watching.

duke_the_arab
03-09-2022, 04:23 PM
Great result away to Motherwell. A point closer to safety.🙈

TerryTheTerror
03-09-2022, 04:44 PM
TTT

You must be easily pleased that was fk awful , if that is what united are bringing to the table , we should be getting in for free . fk pathetic . worst of it i feel awful .its fk depressing.. i am no asking for a lot just try play football, fk knows what that is we are watching.

I didn't see it hence why I just stuck to the facts of getting a good point and keeping a clean sheet. After last week's mauling, surely even you can see the progress.

FWIW, I'll take ****e to watch but effective at collecting points any day of the week compared to the utter embarrassment we've had to witness over the last few weeks.

bannon_ftd_83
03-09-2022, 04:47 PM
Midfield a big problem. I include the wingbacks in that. Need to change something in there going foward.

GUNBOAT
03-09-2022, 04:52 PM
Heard pre match that Tony was doing an interview after the game on Sportsound to explain what the phuck is going on at the club he runs.Cancel that though as the presenter has just informed the listeners that he has pulled out at the last minute.

ranaldarab
03-09-2022, 05:01 PM
I would say, at the end of the 3 weeks we've had, a point away to a potentially tricky Murderwell is a result I'll accept. Onward to the next game.

JUSTaway
03-09-2022, 05:12 PM
We are seriously flawed team, it’s easier to see viewing it through a non jack Ross cluster f@ck. the midfield gives up so much space to the opposition that I fear more st mirren style defeats, and going forward we create zilch. Watt should be on the bench, prob have more impact from there too.

Arabs4ever
03-09-2022, 05:13 PM
Heard pre match that Tony was doing an interview after the game on Sportsound to explain what the phuck is going on at the club he runs.Cancel that though as the presenter has just informed the listeners that he has pulled out at the last minute.

What's he hiding?

TerryTheTerror
03-09-2022, 05:28 PM
I would say, at the end of the 3 weeks we've had, a point away to a potentially tricky Murderwell is a result I'll accept. Onward to the next game.

Since last Sunday it's been a great week. Through to the league cup quarter final then a good away point. I doubt there was anyone on here that would have predicted that after Sunday.

Handsup
03-09-2022, 05:48 PM
***** that we stopped the rot. Won a cup tie on plastic…away point, clean sheet, small baby steps, on a long road ahead. There is no quick fix when our confidence was so low… well done Foxy, on to next game.

Arabdownsouth
03-09-2022, 05:52 PM
Since last Sunday it's been a great week. Through to the league cup quarter final then a good away point. I doubt there was anyone on here that would have predicted that after Sunday.

A great week? An OK week more like. We were very lucky to come away with a point today, great would have been us actually getting 3 points for the first time this season and looking like a team that can score goals.

TerryTheTerror
03-09-2022, 06:03 PM
A win on Wednesday and today would have been an amazing few days. But you need to consider how absolute pish we have been. So yes, I think it's great.

GUNBOAT
03-09-2022, 06:14 PM
Noticed a McBookie advert today offering you 3/1 on Tony Watt scoring anytime.That's a decent offer as he is still only 28.

Arabdownsouth
03-09-2022, 06:29 PM
Noticed a McBookie advert today offering you 3/1 on Tony Watt scoring anytime.That's a decent offer as he is still only 28.

Hmmm think I'll keep my money in my pocket tbh mate

Arabdownsouth
03-09-2022, 06:31 PM
A win on Wednesday and today would have been an amazing few days. But you need to consider how absolute pish we have been. So yes, I think it's great.

We are still bottom of the league though. If we don't beat Hibs next weekend we could be adrift at the bottom before very long. Nothing is great right now.

Arabknight
03-09-2022, 06:43 PM
Yip don’t have a great feeling either. This squad is supposed be better than the one from last season. I get that the managers changed but the glaring obvious weakness of the team are there for all to see. Tony watt is the first and the midfield is the 2nd. Watt’s continual game plan of going to ground at every opportunity does phuck all for the team because we have no set pieces and no one to swing a decent cross in from any fouls gained. Sometimes if he was stay on his feet take a shot of attempt an assist it maybe more beneficial. The midfield is very poor with gapping holes and no dig. Every team we play dominant this area because there is no one capable of winning the ball and turning it into a chance at the other end. I have not giving up hope but we cld be in for a long season if things don’t change quickly.

Chick A Saw
03-09-2022, 07:01 PM
Sounds like we had a lucky escape against a very good Motherwell side. 66% possession, 21 shots and 1 penalty missed is unbelievable stats. However, our keeper has a clean sheet and a penalty save under his belt!

Dont think we should dwell on this too much and look to next week for a game against a Hibs side that might be coming back to form.

TerryTheTerror
03-09-2022, 07:53 PM
To be fair I can understand why folk are being pretty miserable about things, even with these little steps forward.

Chick A Saw
03-09-2022, 08:43 PM
To be fair I can understand why folk are being pretty miserable about things, even with these little steps forward.

I really dont think you do understand why i am miserable with my club, but i am not miserable just now, i am fecking livid that the club has gotten us into this situation so soon after getting back up. Im sure i dont have to repeat my opinion on the 4th place achievement, but we really should have been building on that base, instead we look to have right royally fecked it up!

Those little steps you talk of should have been at the start of the season ensuring a win against Killie, Livi and St Mirren, matching Hearts and Celtic, then ensuring a resurgent Motherwell dont pepper our keeper with 21 shots!

Now i have the same feeling from 2015 that somethings not right at my club, but thankfully i dont fully have that down already feeling i did before we met St Johnstone in that September! I really hope that little concern for relegation is erased very soon!

TerryTheTerror
03-09-2022, 09:59 PM
Those steps should have been at the start of the season I agree but, as it turns out, we appointed a head coach that wanted to change too much too soon and didn't have the players playing for him. Total disaster and a waste of time and money.

However, given where we were after the match on Sunday, the following two games are a major relief to be honest. Plenty work still to be done of course but it looks as if Fox is getting the players going again. Having watched the highlights, Edwards for instance, was excellent. Some of his blocking was very reminiscent of how he was last season. Watt continues to look like a disaster though. ��

Whitfieldarab
03-09-2022, 10:32 PM
That was fkn absolute pi5h. On another day thon Van Veen scores 3 or 4.

Please don't make this out to be a good point or even a wee glimmer that we look like turning a corner because anyone at the game today just witnessed a team that got away with murder.

Eriksson and our best signing for years Fletcher apart we are fkn awful.......please please sumknt get thon Watt away from my club....an absolute charlatan.

TerryTheTerror
03-09-2022, 10:52 PM
For sure Van Veen should have scored. But he didn't and the fact we didn't play well makes the point even better. We had to get back to being hard to beat first and foremost.

ahlltanyirhide
03-09-2022, 10:57 PM
All starts with not losing a goal, so today is a good day for Arabs all over

tHeArAb
03-09-2022, 11:21 PM
We didn't concede and we didn't get beat. Building block no. 1.

DUFCstokie
03-09-2022, 11:27 PM
All starts with not losing a goal, so today is a good day for Arabs all over

It is a good point considering recent circumstances. But it can't it be regarded as progress, especially for the fans who have stumped up for season tickets only to watch the team to regress.

geofoxposse
04-09-2022, 03:23 AM
Still using the kleenex to dry the blood from my eyes. We should have been hammered out of site before half time. Whoever said we were OK was overstating.

Yes we didnt get beat, but basically they were as bad as us and couldnt score from the bundles of chances they made.

The midfield is a disaster area, irrespective of how good/bad the front or defence is its like playing with 7 players.

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 07:51 AM
We didn't concede and we didn't get beat. Building block no. 1.

100% this. To go from the utter ****show of last Sunday to be able to get through in the League Cup at a traditionally tough venue for us then get an away point against one of the form teams in the league is totally unexpected.

Are things sorted now? Of course not. Did we ride i our luck yesterday? For sure but how anyone can say this isn't some sort of improvement is totally beyond me.

And, even though a lot of stick has been understandably dished out recently, credit to the keeper yesterday.

Whitfieldarab
04-09-2022, 08:26 AM
100% this. To go from the utter ****show of last Sunday to be able to get through in the League Cup at a traditionally tough venue for us then get an away point against one of the form teams in the league is totally unexpected.

Are things sorted now? Of course not. Did we ride i our luck yesterday? For sure but how anyone can say this isn't some sort of improvement is totally beyond me.

And, even though a lot of stick has been understandably dished out recently, credit to the keeper yesterday.

I'm absolutely delighted with the draw and the clean sheet which was mostly down to good goalkeeping, poor finishing and luck but I honestly can't see how being very lucky not to get at least 5 from a mediocre Motherwell side is seen as an improvement? We were carved open in midfield far too easily and our distribution was terrible. I feel sorry for Fletcher. For a 35 Yr old he puts in an unbelievable shift and you can see his frustration when he wins 9/10 of his flick ons and either no one reads them or no one bothers their ar5es to get on the end of them.

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 08:36 AM
I'm absolutely delighted with the draw and the clean sheet which was mostly down to good goalkeeping, poor finishing and luck but I honestly can't see how being very lucky not to get at least 5 from a mediocre Motherwell side is seen as an improvement? We were carved open in midfield far too easily and our distribution was terrible. I feel sorry for Fletcher. For a 35 Yr old he puts in an unbelievable shift and you can see his frustration when he wins 9/10 of his flick ons and either no one reads them or no one bothers their ar5es to get on the end of them.

I'm not trying to say we played well when we didn't or that we no longer have any issues, especially in midfield. I'm just looking at the result compared with previous this season. Also, some individual performances were much better, Eriksson and Edwards for instance.

Arabdownsouth
04-09-2022, 08:49 AM
I'm not trying to say we played well when we didn't or that we no longer have any issues, especially in midfield. I'm just looking at the result compared with previous this season. Also, some individual performances were much better, Eriksson and Edwards for instance.

I think the main point is that yesterday's performance will get us absolutely ****ing roasted most weeks and on that basis we have a lot to worry about.

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 09:19 AM
I think the main point is that yesterday's performance will get us absolutely ****ing roasted most weeks and on that basis we have a lot to worry about.

I don't know. We had a lot of resilient performances like that last season which resulted in points. You could well be right though.

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 09:22 AM
Also, I think Fox knows what these players are capable of and the way to get the best out of them. While yesterday was definitely lucky it will take a bit of time, and points won just like that, for the players to believe and regain their confidence after the devastating last few weeks. It's a small step.

Chick A Saw
04-09-2022, 09:43 AM
Also, I think Fox knows what these players are capable of and the way to get the best out of them. While yesterday was definitely lucky it will take a bit of time, and points won just like that, for the players to believe and regain their confidence after the devastating last few weeks. It's a small step.

Depends on what you want to listen to, but maybe Jack Ross also knows what these players are capable of!

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 09:52 AM
Fair. But we all know for sure what the vast majority are capable of and they certainly didn't show it for JR.

Arabdownsouth
04-09-2022, 09:54 AM

For the record, I sincerely hope you are right Terry and that I am miles off the mark.

JamesMcClean
04-09-2022, 09:57 AM
Time will tell whether yesterday was a good point and marked a turnaround in our current fortunes or whether we were simply just lucky as phuck.

Forgetting even the ludicrous penalty decision, we could/should have been at least two down at half time and what the big worry currently is that we show zero current ability to get anything should we fall behind. The inability to create anywhere near a high enough level of goal scoring chances is totally alarming. This is going to put mega stress on the back line because at the moment it feels like if we don’t get a clean sheet then we’re beat. Pure and simple. The fact Nicky Clark scored on his debut yesterday rubs massive salt in that particular wound.

But, at the end of the day it was still a decent point yesterday which breaks our league losing streak but we simply MUST beat Hibs next week. I don’t care how we do it, but we must, because we all know where we go the week after after that. If we don’t beat Hibs, we’re guaranteed to be cut adrift come the international break. So FFS United, enough is enough, get yer erses in gear and get it sorted.

Whitfieldarab
04-09-2022, 09:58 AM
Depends on what you want to listen to, but maybe Jack Ross also knows what these players are capable of!

Watching us yesterday and looking at Celtic destroy Coonty 4-1 away making 10 changes from our game and then destroying Sevco yesterday 4-0,were we too quick to get rid of JR after only 6 competitive games? I suppose being on the end of a 7 and a 9 made it easy for us to get rid but make no mistake that Celtic team will be handing out 5,6 and 7s to teams for the rest of the season so opposition managers better beware.

shedka
04-09-2022, 10:34 AM
Getting rid of JR was the right decision, he didn't have the dressing room and messed up what we had under Courts, I don't think we come away undefeated from those two games had we not made that decision

Over the top negativity after a very solid few days, 2 away games, both difficult games, Motherwell area in a high and were right up for it, even Utd teams in good form have gone there and lost when they are doing well, it's a good few days work after last week and the weeks prior, and Eriksson has made small steps in proving me and others wrong

Hibs game really decides if it's a good point or not, win against Hibs and its a very good away point, obviously not so good if we don't

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 10:34 AM
Time will tell whether yesterday was a good point and marked a turnaround in our current fortunes or whether we were simply just lucky as phuck.

Forgetting even the ludicrous penalty decision, we could/should have been at least two down at half time and what the big worry currently is that we show zero current ability to get anything should we fall behind. The inability to create anywhere near a high enough level of goal scoring chances is totally alarming. This is going to put mega stress on the back line because at the moment it feels like if we don’t get a clean sheet then we’re beat. Pure and simple. The fact Nicky Clark scored on his debut yesterday rubs massive salt in that particular wound.

But, at the end of the day it was still a decent point yesterday which breaks our league losing streak but we simply MUST beat Hibs next week. I don’t care how we do it, but we must, because we all know where we go the week after after that. If we don’t beat Hibs, we’re guaranteed to be cut adrift come the international break. So FFS United, enough is enough, get yer erses in gear and get it sorted.

We did score 2 against Livi in the cup. But, yes, we hardly looked likely to score yesterday from what I have seen of it.

Chick A Saw
04-09-2022, 10:41 AM
Watching us yesterday and looking at Celtic destroy Coonty 4-1 away making 10 changes from our game and then destroying Sevco yesterday 4-0,were we too quick to get rid of JR after only 6 competitive games? I suppose being on the end of a 7 and a 9 made it easy for us to get rid but make no mistake that Celtic team will be handing out 5,6 and 7s to teams for the rest of the season so opposition managers better beware.

Pains me to say i think Ceptic will 100% this season unless they have a really bad Euro hangover, but i cant see that happening. But like you say, they can field a second team and probably get a result out of any game this season.

All depends on what the real story is regarding JRs removal, but if he didnt have the support of the players then he was on a hiding to nothing in whatever he did.

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 10:47 AM

I agree with some of that, Celtc are miles ahead of anything in our league. However, I'll be pretty surprised if they scud any other team by 9 goals this season...

Whitfieldarab
04-09-2022, 10:59 AM
Pains me to say i think Ceptic will 100% this season unless they have a really bad Euro hangover, but i cant see that happening. But like you say, they can field a second team and probably get a result out of any game this season.

All depends on what the real story is regarding JRs removal, but if he didnt have the support of the players then he was on a hiding to nothing in whatever he did.

A Liam Smith interview was on stv news on Friday night and he said that JR had the backing of the players and that they were enjoying his training sessions etc. I don't know how sincere his interview was but to me it looked OK!

I'd heard a hundred rumours before yesterday and a hundred more on the bus/pub yesterday too and to be honest I'm fkn sick hearing all these conspiracy theories and the crux of it all is that player power has taken over at our club........6 competitive games for a manager who most on here wanted to take over from TC and many stated he was an upgrade.

Arabdownsouth
04-09-2022, 11:04 AM
I hope to **** Tony Watt shags Asghar's missus soon

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 11:18 AM
We'll probably never get to the crux of what went wrong with JR's brief tenure. He'll have his opinion, the players will have theirs, the club senior management will have theirs. Ultimately it's a results driven business and that's what seen for the termination of his time.

GUNBOAT
04-09-2022, 11:55 AM
Eriksson has made small steps in proving me wrong

Post of the week mate and he was voted EBC Spotsound MOTM.

GUNBOAT
04-09-2022, 12:15 PM

We all know the players who were responsible for the demise of JR,it had to be done though and Tony(Asghar not Watt) made the correct decision in removing him.His choices were limited though,back the manager and see 100 goals in the against column culminating in a humiliating relegation or back the west coast car sharer's and get the team back on an even keel.

Its been unedifying to watch these things unfold though and it does not sit well with me.The current leaders in the dressing room would make appointing big Dunc a disaster because he would never accept the status quo,i cannie believe i'm saying this but by a country mile Liam Fox would be a much safer bet for Premiership survival.

JUSTaway
04-09-2022, 12:37 PM
My initial thought was to give Ross the Livi and Motherwell games, but he was never going to turn it round, better getting him out asp in a bid to turn this round. I think a decent man-manager can manage that dressing room, he'd get the players onside and if there were any bad apples he'd jettison them. I really don't know about Big Dunc, the media would love it, it's one thing coming and getting players motivated for 2-3 games, but that fades and inevitably it comes down to tactical know-how etc... and I don't have any clue if he would be any good at that. People sometimes get carried away by a big name, he couldn't wait to get out of Tannadice first time round! Don't see any harm in keeping Fox in charge for short term at least.

I do think we have huge problems watching us yesterday however, strip away the calamity of Jack Ross matches, and you can see the team closer to its level yesterday, and we are so soft and open for the opposition to attack us from midfield it is frightening, and going forward we are absolutely woeful despite all the new additions. Levitt has gone off the boil, we still lack pace (watt and fletcher are slow), so we aren't controlling games from midfield, protecting the defence, or creating anything. I actually think McGrath, Levitt and Harkes are ok, it's just the balance with them and the foward players is all wrong. First thing I would be doing is putting Watt on the bench, he is contributing nothing, get someone in who can play closer to Fletcher, and can maybe makes runs in behind, maybe Anaku if he is any good.

Do we have any youngsters that can play a def mid role? Moore?

Arabs4ever
04-09-2022, 12:48 PM
My initial thought was to give Ross the Livi and Motherwell games, but he was never going to turn it round, better getting him out asp in a bid to turn this round. I think a decent man-manager can manage that dressing room, he'd get the players onside and if there were any bad apples he'd jettison them. I really don't know about Big Dunc, the media would love it, it's one thing coming and getting players motivated for 2-3 games, but that fades and inevitably it comes down to tactical know-how etc... and I don't have any clue if he would be any good at that. People sometimes get carried away by a big name, he couldn't wait to get out of Tannadice first time round! Don't see any harm in keeping Fox in charge for short term at least.

I do think we have huge problems watching us yesterday however, strip away the calamity of Jack Ross matches, and you can see the team closer to its level yesterday, and we are so soft and open for the opposition to attack us from midfield it is frightening, and going forward we are absolutely woeful despite all the new additions. Levitt has gone off the boil, we still lack pace (watt and fletcher are slow), so we aren't controlling games from midfield, protecting the defence, or creating anything. I actually think McGrath, Levitt and Harkes are ok, it's just the balance with them and the foward players is all wrong. First thing I would be doing is putting Watt on the bench, he is contributing nothing, get someone in who can play closer to Fletcher, and can maybe makes runs in behind, maybe Anaku if he is any good.

Do we have any youngsters that can play a def mid role? Moore?

Against Hibs I'd have Fletcher and Happy from the start up front. Ask questions first and take the lead and the game unfolds differently. Sit back and knock the ball up to Fletcher on his own up top we will get a defeat and rightly so.

Whitfieldarab
04-09-2022, 01:07 PM
......and don't get me started on that fkn drum.....30 NEDS and a drum.

Can't wait for this Ultra pish to fade out. It works with a thousand fans marching with pyro etc but 30 NEDS and a drum can fk right off.

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 02:30 PM
......and don't get me started on that fkn drum.....30 NEDS and a drum.

Can't wait for this Ultra pish to fade out. It works with a thousand fans marching with pyro etc but 30 NEDS and a drum can fk right off.

Totally agree. It boggles my mind a kid can't take a fruit shoot into a match but a drum and sticks, no bother. It's an arsehole of a thing these days.

JUSTaway
04-09-2022, 02:56 PM
Maybe the drum is used to smuggle 30+ fruit shoots into the match.

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 03:12 PM

XD

GUNBOAT
04-09-2022, 03:21 PM

Mind when the Livi fans got caught with bevvy in their drum?,sure it was at Tannadice tae.

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2022, 03:52 PM
I'll give you that as a true FACT. :)

stokearab
05-09-2022, 06:41 PM
Positives

Didn't get beat
Edwards better
Fletcher hasn't thrown the towel
Keeper saved a pen
Levitt worked hard on defensive duties

Negatives

Levitt too withdrawn to be effective
McGrath takes corners better than Levitt
Beginning to think Mulgrew is done
Watt needs to stand up and play football
No cohesion, no plan
Terrible passing skills, beyond terrible tbh
Midfield still the main problem
Teams walk through us
No support for Fletcher
Too many long punts yet again
Few shots on goal
Few chances created
Apart from that it was ok

We must get better, surely?!

geofoxposse
06-09-2022, 03:19 AM
Agreed, but stop calling me Shirley.

An old shed boy
06-09-2022, 03:29 PM
I'll give you that as a true FACT. :)
TTT. Apologies for being a pedant ( hope that’s the right word ) but I can’t help it.
But what is an untrue fact called.

TerryTheTerror
06-09-2022, 03:57 PM
TTT. Apologies for being a pedant ( hope that’s the right word ) but I can’t help it.
But what is an untrue fact called.

Bull5hit? 😂

Jim_Jam
06-09-2022, 05:38 PM
TTT. what is an untrue fact called.

untrue fact = a lie

TerryTheTerror
06-09-2022, 05:48 PM
untrue fact = a lie

Much more polite than me. 😂

RAM1971
07-09-2022, 07:49 AM